Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone has posted these yet, but the first image is the satellite image of the area where Hania was found. There clearly is some sort of water there.

The second image I screenshotted from Google street view. To me that looks like you could drive in there towards that water area and be out of sight fairly quickly. It’s hard to tell but maybe a possibility.

Going with the theory that this happened quickly, I think he could have driven in there immediately after abducting Hania and been hidden until it was dark, perhaps weighted her down in that water, then dumped the SUV and walked away. MOO. If this happened, he must have known about this ‘road’ and water in advance, and thus is local to the area. Which also makes sense if he was walking to walked away from the SUV, IMO. Also I think possibly after Hania started the car, she was walking around it to get in on the passenger side, as opposed to just standing outside, and perhaps that’s when he forced her into the car.

It’s so hard for me to even type this post. Rest In Peace, sweet Hania.

Attachments

• EF50FDA0-203F-45BC-9B99-655961F1035F.jpeg
    EF50FDA0-203F-45BC-9B99-655961F1035F.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 7141814D-DC62-4E0F-8905-569F46EE216E.jpeg
    7141814D-DC62-4E0F-8905-569F46EE216E.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 66
It's possible this was meth fueled and the crime lasted days.

I agree. The usual procedure in abductions is that the crime is committed immediately. The victim is often dead before LE can organize its response to the abduction.

It is possible that this perp assaulted Hania somewhere other than the dump site. Maybe he pulled the car over somewhere, assaulted her, and then drove her to the dump site where he killed her, if he hadn't done that already. Then he drives to dump the car. It all could be done in little over the time it would take to drive to those locations.

The only thing that gives me pause in that theory is the decomp smell. I would think people would smell it earlier than they did. (Maybe they did??)

jmo

eta clarity

I wonder what surveillance would show on route 72 in the days after she was abducted.

I know that LE was asking for surveillance video for a specific date. But it would be interesting to know if he was caught on video on the days leading up to the abduction. When he might have been scoping out the scene. Making his plans.

As far as timing, she may have been kept for 2-3 days before she was killed. I think he got rid of the SUV after he killed her. What is it about placing a body in water? It is a cleansing of the act? Did he move her to the water to undo what happened? Or to somehow cleanse himself of the murder, or her?

But wasn't she in water? That would slow down decomp I think.

I agree that he could very well live close to where the car or body were found. There are a couple of Fire Depts near both areas, and an emergency response training area. Could he be a first responder? If he lived/worked near Pine Terrance, he could have easily walked from where he left the car. And he would have known about the abandoned trailer.

I skipped a few posts, but this is my theory.. scatterbrained as it is. I also feel that this person is a local, and that he resides somewhere near where her body was found. He kidnaps her/steals the car, drives to the Wire Grass location where he knows there's an abandoned trailer. Hides the car. he kept her alive for some time, maybe thinking he could get money.. but by that time he was already in too deep, and there was too much attention. Which could be why police are asking people near Wire Grass to check video from that morning, and that morning only. If it wasn't until recently that the neighbors to that trailer smelled the decomp, she obviously wasn't killed right away, unless her body was frozen, right? I don't have the stomach to google how decomp works, or when things begin to smell after death.. so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. LOL

My point I'm trying to make is.. I think she was in the area of where her body was found the whole time. It obviously wasn't placed in it's final resting spot until right before she was found, so how did he get from where the SUV was abandoned back to where she was found?? A ride. Possibly from a friend? Stranger who picked him up while he was walking? Uber? But I strongly feel he's local, even more local to where she was found. I bet he's been watching the activity from near by in the comfort of his living room.

This is all JMO though.

I don't think that there is any deep meaning to placing Hania in the water. It's most likely where the perp thought he had the best place to hide her body where it would never be found.
There has been a NWS flood watch regarding the Lumber River in Robeson County for several days. It’s very wet there at the moment. Oh, if they would be able to gather some clear tire tracks and shoe prints in the mud.

Not sure if anyone has posted these yet, but the first image is the satellite image of the area where Hania was found. There clearly is some sort of water there.

The second image I screenshotted from Google street view. To me that looks like you could drive in there towards that water area and be out of sight fairly quickly. It’s hard to tell but maybe a possibility.

Going with the theory that this happened quickly, I think he could have driven in there immediately after abducting Hania and been hidden until it was dark, perhaps weighted her down in that water, then dumped the SUV and walked away. MOO. If this happened, he must have known about this ‘road’ and water in advance, and thus is local to the area. Which also makes sense if he was walking to walked away from the SUV, IMO. Also I think possibly after Hania started the car, she was walking around it to get in on the passenger side, as opposed to just standing outside, and perhaps that’s when he forced her into the car.

It’s so hard for me to even type this post. Rest In Peace, sweet Hania.
Looks like a retention pond to me. Man made.

As far as timing, she may have been kept for 2-3 days before she was killed. I think he got rid of the SUV after he killed her. What is it about placing a body in water? It is a cleansing of the act? Did he move her to the water to undo what happened? Or to somehow cleanse himself of the murder, or her?
Water destroys evidence (DNA, fiber, fingerprint).

But wasn't she in water? That would slow down decomp I think.
It's the opposite.
"The environment in which a dead body is placed also affects its rate of decay. For instance, bodies in water decompose twice as fast as those left unburied on land. Decomposition is slowest underground -- especially in clay or other solid substances that prevent air from reaching the body since most bacteria require oxygen to survive."
How Body Farms Work

They said they smelled something "about a week and a half ago," but they also said the abandoned house was a quarter mile away from them. The temperature in Lumberton was around 80 on 11/6 and 11/7. Decomp starts right away. I think she was there from the beginning or close to it. I don't think this guy (or guys) held on to her for any amount of time.

I agree.
I think her body was dumped right away where she was found. We have to remember that smelling decomposition and odors can vary greatly depending on many factors. Things like wind or no wind on a particular day, distance, the direction of the wind, how well the body was submerged or covered, etc. And it does take a number of days for smell of decomposition to really take hold and get stronger.

All of that is telling me she was put there right away. And the neighbors did smell something and did not report it right away.

It's the opposite.
"The environment in which a dead body is placed also affects its rate of decay. For instance, bodies in water decompose twice as fast as those left unburied on land. Decomposition is slowest underground -- especially in clay or other solid substances that prevent air from reaching the body since most bacteria require oxygen to survive."
How Body Farms Work
But wouldn't being in water slow the smell from escaping? That's what I'm sorta thinking. Plus there was some (unconfirmed) info that she was in an old well, which might further slow the smell from reaching the neighbors.

Speculating, not fact.

jmo

I agree.
I think her body was dumped right away where she was found. We have to remember that smelling decomposition and odors can vary greatly depending on many factors. Things like wind or no wind on a particular day, distance, the direction of the wind, how well the body was submerged or covered, etc. And it does take a number of days for smell of decomposition to really take hold and get stronger.

All of that is telling me she was put there right away. And the neighbors did smell something and did not report it right away.
I think so too.

Gotta get this guy.

jmo

It seems like he probably ditched the car in a place he was comfortable walking from.

He must have some time on his hands to walk that far and that much, assuming he lives close to Rosewood. The area of the dump sites must be places he worked by.

Good points. It might be good to expand the idea of familiarity to the mobile home park. Most mobile home parks are not through streets. Rather, one must actively enter the park. The need to actively enter the park and the closely spaced homes could make a mobile home park far less attractive to a "cruising easy locations for a victim" approach.

Instead, the murderer could well be at least passing familiar with the interior of the mobile home park. This familiarity could come from drive throughs, having lived there before, or having been a short term guest at the home of another resident.

The down side is that mobile home parks can have a lot of turn over resident wise and also have a good number of males as short term guests of residents. This is especially so if the trailer park is primarily immigrant because there can be large influxes of single men in response to local work opportunities who then leave when the work ends.

Last edited:
NBC News (@NBCNews) | Twitter
NBC News on Twitter | 7:35 PM (EST) - 29 Nov 2018

Students at Lumberton Junior High School will wear purple on Friday in remembrance of Hania Aguilar, whose body is believed to have been found, more than three weeks after she was abducted outside her home.

(NBC News added,)
School mourns death of abducted North Carolina girl, as search for killer continues

telemundoCLT (@TelemundoCLT) | Twitter
telemundoCLT on Twitter | 6:02 PM (EST) - 29 Nov 2018

El padre biológico de Hania Aguilar estaba a punto de cruzar la frontera. Desde el autobús en que viaja de regreso a Guatemala nos cuenta de su dolor y lo mucho que quisiera estar junto a Hania en el último adiós. Aquí la entrevista ➡️ http://bit.ly/2Q17C8h

(Translated from Spanish by Microsoft)

The biological father of Hania Aguilar was about to cross the border. From the bus that travels back to Guatemala tells us about his pain and how much he would like to be next to Hania in the last farewell. Here the interview ➡️ bit.ly/2Q17C8h

(*video at FB link, in Spanish)

ABC News (@ABC) | Twitter
ABC News on Twitter | 1:41 AM - 30 Nov 2018

"We have to find out how she died and who did this to her." FBI pleads for help after 13-year-old Hania Aguilar's body is found. https://abcn.ws/2Rq2xmO

DtOzInAWsAAkIqV.jpg

Interesting thoughts from all of you about ditching the car in one place and dumping Hania's body in another.

I agree, why ditch the car in one place and Hania in another. She was abducted around 7 am November 5. The SUV was found around 10 am November 8. Her body was located at 4:45 pm November 27.

I think the big question regarding the timeline right now is was Hania still alive when her murderer ditched the SUV. And following that is a small mountain of more questions, like:
Did he take her to a secluded place and hold her captive?
Did he murder her immediately?
Was the car the crime scene as someone asked upthread?
If not, where was she murdered?

Sigh, I know, I know; it's going to be a while before we have any answers. It does seem IMO that the man is familiar with the area based on the locations of the SUV and Hania's body. If that's true then maybe it will help LE narrow down the list of possible killers. MOO.

I'm also waiting to hear what condition her body was in when found. It seems a bit odd that LE needs dental records for confirmation. The autopsy should help pin down the time of death.

Anyway, I have no intelligent theories right now so thanks to all of you for laying out your thoughts and questions. Hopefully the Justice Train is on its way for Hania!

Timeline: What we know about the disappearance of Hania Aguilar

Oh, P.S. I had no idea that LE had video of the SUV driving away that morning. The threads are moving so fast I totally missed it.

I'm thinking he wanted to dump the body in a remote spot, but the remoteness was too far to leave the car in the same place for two reasons. One the car would be relatively easily found, and the second that the place he left the body was too far for him to walk to another location that he would find more useful.

A more useful location in the sense of it being a place he could walk from there to a house of a friend, or walk half a mile and call a friend for a lift without the friend associating him with being at the spot where the car would later be discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member