Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MAR 19, 2019
Suspended Robeson Co. deputy says in retirement letter he served county with "integrity and dignity"
News13 has obtained a retirement letter and other documents for two Robeson County deputies who were previously suspended.

On January 9, Sheriff Wilkins received a retirement letter from Major Anthony Thompson. In the letter, Thompson said he served with the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office for 34.5 years and that he served with "integrity and dignity."

“I have prayerfully decided to retire effective immediately from my position as Major, Jail Administrator,” Thompson said in the letter. “I have served this county with integrity and dignity during my career at the Sheriff’s Office.”
Thompson%20to%20Wilkins%20retirement%20letter_1553036562195.JPG_78242507_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

[...]

In a letter dated January 17, 2019, Sheriff Wilkins told Detective Darryl McPhatter an internal investigation was complete and that McPhatter would no longer work for the department.

"Based on the findings of the investigation, I have determined that you failed to comply with the high standard of conduct that I have set forth and would expect from any member of the Robeson County Sheriff's Office. Your continued employment within the Sheriff's Office would not be consistent with office policy or the expected standard of conduct," Sheriff Wilkins said in the letter. "Therefore, effective immediately, your services with the Robeson County Sheriff's Office are no longer needed."
Wilkins%20to%20McPhatter%20January%202019_1553036562189.JPG_78242506_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

[...]

Wilkins previously said he could not comment on the reason(s) for the suspensions at the time. He also would not say if the suspensions were related to the handling of a 2016 rape case that News13 previously reported was part of an internal review at the Robeson County Sheriff's Office.

[...]

Happy Birthday sweet girl! Shine on us today and everyday!

LUMBERTON, N.C. (WNCN) — Murdered Lumberton teen Hania Aguilar would have turned 14 years old Thursday and an event is being held to remember her and celebrate her life.

Family and friends will gather at Luther Britt Park in Lumberton from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. to honor Aguilar's memory and celebrate what would have been her 14th birthday.

The public is invited to attend and is encouraged to wear purple — Aguilar's favorite color — and bring balloons.

The park is located at 671 Branch St. in Lumberton.

t70020.gif
Happy Birthday in Heaven,
Hania!
t6507.gif

Event to mark Hania’s birthday | Robesonian

[...]

“I want to keep her name alive. I want her name to be shining among the stars,” said Joyce Simmons, a friend of Hania’s family.

She came up with the idea of a birthday celebration and approached Hania’s mother, Celsa Maribel Hernandez Velasquez, about the idea, Simmons said. Velasquez had thought about having some sort of ceremony, but didn’t know how to make it happen.

Simmons stepped forward to make the ceremony happen.

She has contacted the Dollar Tree stores on Fayetteville Road and Fifth Street about ensuring there are enough balloons for people to buy and use in the ceremony. She has been passing out fliers about the ceremony at local stores so they can be displayed. She has made cards and given them to Lumberton Junior High School so Hania’s classmates can sign them and to the Lumberton Police Department so officers and employees can sign if if they wish. Three cards will be at Thursday’s event so others can sign them.

A major retail store has agreed to make the birthday cake that will be at the ceremony at Luther Britt Park, Simmons said.

[...]

Family, friends remember Hania Aguilar on 14th birthday
For Hania's family, the nightmare isn't over yet. They're still waiting for justice.

Last edited:
Tuesday, April 2nd:
*Prelim Hearing (for Hania’s case) (@ am session ET) – NC – Hania Noelia Aguilar (13) (abducted Nov. 5, 2018, found Nov. 27, 2018) - *Michael Ray McLellan (34) indicted (12/3/18), arrested (11/13/18) & charged (12/7/18) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree forcible rape, statutory rape of a person under 15, 1st degree sexual offense. Statutory sex offense with a person under 15, 1st degree kidnapping, felony larceny, felony restraint, abduction of a child & concealment of a death. Held without bond. Hania’s Case #s 18CR056670-79
*Charged (12/10/18) & indicted (1/7/19) with 1st degree rape & 1st degree burglary (re 2016 rape case). $5M bond. Revoked (12/10/18). Case#18CR055491.
*Charged (10/15/18) with 2nd degree kidnapping, possession of a firearm by felony & attempted robbery with dangerous weapon. (2018 kidnapping case). Held on $2.5M bond. 2016 rape #18CR0001998 Robeson County
Re in connection with an Oct. 15, 2018 attack in Fairmont.
12/7/18: Preliminary hearing set for 12/10. 12/10/18: Judge revokes bond (on other case) & denies bond. He appointed 2 attorneys. Next hearing on 12/21.
12/21/18 Update: Next hearings on 1/7/19 (rape), 1/8 (Hania), 3/19 (kidnapping) & 3/26 (Hania).
1/7/19 Update No date for rescheduling on Rape case. 1/8/19: DA asks for continuance hearing set for 4/2 (Hania).
2/13/19 Update: Autopsy released. Chief Medical Examiner stated the girl likely died from asphyxia or suffocation, and her cause of death is listed as "homicidal violence of undetermined means."

Hearing held for suspect in Hania Aguilar's murder
The case against Michael McLellan, 34, is expected to be heard Tuesday morning during an administrative hearing at the Robeson County Sheriff's Office, according to North Carolina criminal calendars for Robeson County.

[...]

Robeson County court officials said McLellan won’t be in court and he’ll more than likely be assigned another hearing date.

Officials said administrative court hearings are held for the purposes of managing case dockets, appointing attorneys, turning over evidence to criminal defense lawyers, setting trial dates, and hearing motions.

[...]

McLellan's next court appearance is set for April 8.

Wondering if the April 8th court date is re Hania - or re rape case - or re kidnapping case.... Article doesn't really say. I'm trying to keep all these separate, as he has hearings for each of these different cases.
The last hearing for rape case was 1/7 & kidnapping was 3/19. So I'm going to go with the rape case.... for now! :)
Unless someone hears any different! OR! I'll find out on April 8th! :rolleyes:

The Hani Aguilar murder case, with defendant Michael Ray McLellan accused of killing the 13-year-old girl, has been continued until July 23, his lawyer said Tuesday morning..

Hania Aguilar case continued until July 23 in Robeson County
Not surprised but disappointed. Why can't we just put an express line for perps who harm children when there is irrefutable DNA evidence linking them to the victim?? I know that's not possible, but the laws against children need to change. It's just one story after another. :(

Monday, April 8th:
*Status Hearing (for rape case) (@ am session ET) – NC – Hania Noelia Aguilar (13) (abducted Nov. 5, 2018, found Nov. 27, 2018) - *Michael Ray McLellan (34) indicted (12/3/18), arrested (11/13/18) & charged (12/7/18) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree forcible rape, statutory rape of a person under 15, 1st degree sexual offense. Statutory sex offense with a person under 15, 1st degree kidnapping, felony larceny, felony restraint, abduction of a child & concealment of a death. Held without bond. Hania’s Case #s 18CR056670-79
*Charged (12/10/18) & indicted (1/7/19) with 1st degree rape & 1st degree burglary. $5M bond. Revoked (12/10/18). 2016 rape case Case#18CR055491.
*Charged (10/15/18) & arrested (11/13/18) with 2nd degree kidnapping, possession of a firearm by felony & attempted robbery with dangerous weapon. (2018 kidnapping case). $2.5M bond. 2018 kidnapping #18CR0001998 Robeson County Re in connection with an Oct. 15, 2018 attack in Fairmont.
12/7/18: Preliminary hearing set for 12/10. 12/10/18: Judge revokes bond (on other case) & denies bond. He appointed 2 attorneys. Next hearing on 12/21.
12/21/18 Update: Next hearings on 1/7/19 (rape), 1/8 (Hania), 3/19 (kidnapping) & 3/26 (Hania).
1/7/19 Update No date for rescheduling on Rape case. 1/8/19: DA asks for continuance hearing set for 4/2 (Hania).
2/13/19 Update: Autopsy released. Chief Medical Examiner stated the girl likely died from asphyxia or suffocation, and her cause of death is listed as "homicidal violence of undetermined means."
4/2/19 Update: McLellan not at court hearing; lawyers going over Administrative items. Next hearing (rape) on 4/8. Hearing continued for Hania’s case to 7/23.

APR 8, 2019
Suspect in Hania Aguilar’s kidnapping, murder due back in court
The case against a man accused of the kidnapping, rape and murder of a Lumberton girl is back in court.

[...]

On Monday, the court will hear the case against the man police say carried out the heinous crime.

Michael McLellan is scheduled for a court hearing Monday morning. However, it’s not clear yet if he’ll appear, as he’s been a no show during his last hearings.

APR 8, 2019
Suspect in Hania Aguilar’s kidnapping, murder due back in court
The case against a man accused of the kidnapping, rape and murder of a Lumberton girl is back in court.

[...]

On Monday, the court will hear the case against the man police say carried out the heinous crime.

Michael McLellan is scheduled for a court hearing Monday morning. However, it’s not clear yet if he’ll appear, as he’s been a no show during his last hearings.
I wish the defendants in these cases would be made to appear at each and every hearing. They need to be held accountable for their actions. I know logistically it isn't always convenient, but this man should be made to look at a judge each and every time his actions are being discussed IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog