Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially I felt like this was a car theft gone bad and Hania was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But you have convinced me otherwise. It makes sense that since the car was discarded so quickly that couldn't have been what they really were after.

I agree. At the outset it appeared more like a car theft than anything else. But when the car was found so quickly and Hania wasn't, I flipped my opinion as well. It the car was the target, it wouldn't have been found so quickly, but would have been stripped or sold or something. With the car being simply abandoned, that mean that Hania, not the car, was the primary interest. I think it was probably a crime of opportunity, and Hania was the target rather than the car, but a randomness of the crime doesn't easily explain why the perp was walking in the trailer park so early in the morning.

I think that he killed Hanna right away the same day she went missing. I think she surprised him being inside the SUV.
He probably seen the opportunity to take the car and took it but with Hanna inside the SUV (and screaming) his plans would have changed from an unplanned Car Thief to an unplanned kidnapping.
He probably drove to a location he already was familiar with, killed Hanna and hid out got rid of the carIm just so surprised that no one has recognized him in the video walking (if that’s even him) for the $30,000?

MOO...

I do not think this was a crime of opportunity. I think starting the car was probably part of Hania’s routine. I think someone had been watching Hania. They knew her routine. This particular morning was the morning for action. I believe the perp lied in wait for her and attacked when she went to start the car, just as they knew she would. He already had a plan in place. He knew where he was going. I believe the perp is local and still lingering in the community.

JMOO

absolutely agree with all of this. And this wasn't his first time. he knew exactly where there was an abandoned trailer. He knew exactly where he could ditch a car and get to where he needed to go easily enough. But now he's blown the trailer and can't use it again, if he's used it before.

MOO...

I do not think this was a crime of opportunity. I think starting the car was probably part of Hania’s routine. I think someone had been watching Hania. They knew her routine. This particular morning was the morning for action. I believe the perp lied in wait for her and attacked when she went to start the car, just as they knew she would. He already had a plan in place. He knew where he was going. I believe the perp is local and still lingering in the community.

JMOO

I thought the SUV was found 3 days later. Maybe they know it was ditched the same day as the abduction even though it wasn't found right away?

I think that he killed Hanna right away the same day she went missing. I think she surprised him being inside the SUV.
He probably seen the opportunity to take the car and took it but with Hanna inside the SUV (and screaming) his plans would have changed from an unplanned Car Thief to an unplanned kidnapping.
He probably drove to a location he already was familiar with, killed Hanna and hid out got rid of the carIm just so surprised that no one has recognized him in the video walking (if that’s even him) for the $30,000?

Not sure if anyone has posted these yet, but the first image is the satellite image of the area where Hania was found. There clearly is some sort of water there.

The second image I screenshotted from Google street view. To me that looks like you could drive in there towards that water area and be out of sight fairly quickly. It’s hard to tell but maybe a possibility.

Going with the theory that this happened quickly, I think he could have driven in there immediately after abducting Hania and been hidden until it was dark, perhaps weighted her down in that water, then dumped the SUV and walked away. MOO. If this happened, he must have known about this ‘road’ and water in advance, and thus is local to the area. Which also makes sense if he was walking to walked away from the SUV, IMO. Also I think possibly after Hania started the car, she was walking around it to get in on the passenger side, as opposed to just standing outside, and perhaps that’s when he forced her into the car.

It’s so hard for me to even type this post. Rest In Peace, sweet Hania.
I think that this case will be solved soon. Something or someone led LE to search in the area where her body was found. Whatever led them there was accurate, as that is where she was. Hopefully, they are putting the pieces together now, which will lead to an arrest. MOO.

I keep going over what everyone is saying about how he got her in the car and the little sister who witnessed this. 1st, I take the sisters account as to what happened very serious. I wouldn't dismiss what she heard/saw at all. Sometimes kids can be a better witness then adults. I keep seeing her get into the car to start it, she is now in the driver seat ( other doors could have been locked from previous night). He approaches the car, she tries to get out and he pushes her into the passenger seat which at that time she is screaming and trying to get out ( again, the passenger door could have been locked) he takes off with her in a matter of seconds. I have no information that says this is how it happened but this is what I visualized when I read it to begin with. Could I be missing something? ALL IMO

I want to add, I don't see someone starting a car and then standing outside in the cold unless she had planned on going back inside the house.
I’m wondering how he kept control of her in the car. Maybe he showed a gun or knife? All her instincts would lead her to get out ASAP. Any ideas?

Thoughts on theory of perp waiting for Hania - would the routine be that they all left together to drive to the bus stop to take Hania and sister to meet the bus. Or was the routine for Hania to walk to the bus stop by herself. If so, that would feed the theory he was waiting to abduct and stay in the trailer park. Or he may have seen opportunity when she walked out alone to start the car - steal car and kidnap Hania.
He may have covered his face so the family or neighbors would not recognize him because it's my opinion he's familiar with the trailer park and Hania. Having lived there before, currently or know someone living there.
Usually with car jackings isnt the motive to steal and resell for parts or to get from Point A to Point B. IMO, what started as a car jacking turned quickly to assault and murder.
IMO, the FBI and LE do not seem too concerned that there's a murderer walking the streets of Lumberton. Yes they are doing an exceptional job but I just dont hear the anxiety in their warnings to stay aware. I think they have a few suspects they are watching - just not admitting to public. JMO

I’m wondering how he kept control of her in the car. Maybe he showed a gun or knife? All her instincts would lead her to get out ASAP. Any ideas?
She was 13 years old. Sounds like he shoved her in the car, which I'm sure shocked her. I'm sure she was scared beyond being able to do anything except be scared.

He might have had a gun, but he certainly had size, strength, and scariness to subdue her, imo.

She was a child.

jmo

Back to Surveillance Video

The person in that video still needs to be identified! FBI is on to something when they asked for help. That is where we need to focus this person heads right into area of the mobile park.
He has on a hoodie and odd mannerisms. Appears to be African American to me.

Also initial police call:
“A female caller speaking Spanish was on the line, and the Robeson County dispatcher quickly requested a Spanish translator to join the call. Initial reports during the 911 described the abductor as a black male. During follow-up interviews, investigators determined the witness had not seen the race of the abductor because he was wearing all black, including long sleeves, and a yellow bandana over his face. The information was transferred to the Lumberton Police Department who received the call at 6:58 a.m.”

Good point. Per the article Differential Decomposition in Terrestrial, Freshwater, and Saltwater ( Differential Decomposition in Terrestrial, Freshwater, and Saltwater Environments: A Pilot Study )
"Most forensic anthropologists simply rely on generalizations, such as a body decomposing one week on the surface of the ground is equivalent to a body two weeks in the water (after Mann et al. 1990)."

Also, I would think the water may mask the smell as well.
I agree..

Good point. Per the article Differential Decomposition in Terrestrial, Freshwater, and Saltwater ( Differential Decomposition in Terrestrial, Freshwater, and Saltwater Environments: A Pilot Study )
"Most forensic anthropologists simply rely on generalizations, such as a body decomposing one week on the surface of the ground is equivalent to a body two weeks in the water (after Mann et al. 1990)."

Also, I would think the water may mask the smell as well.

fresh water is the fastest decomp.

Who says she was inside? From what has been reported, witnesses saw the man force her into the car. Which suggests she was outside, the guy didn't want the car, he wanted the girl.

My thoughts/theories at the moment, everything is moo and brainstorming;

1. Hania’s abductor and killer is one who has a strong criminal history of both theft related and violent crimes, and saw an opportunity for a sexual assault victim. Because he was in foot (not sure why he was in the area, again imo he knows someone there or was in the area for drugs), his natural instincts/ consciousness of carjacking were quickly utilized/implemented, which to me indicates a possible history of carjacking, which again imo further indicates possibly someone who has been affiliated with a gang in the past or present—-additionally the bandana as opposed to mask further possibly indicates this, imo), yet possibly operating independent of the gang, moo. There is also the chance there is no gang history or affiliation and this is just a criminal who has carjacked before but never been in a gang (less likely imo); note the area is riddled with gangs.

He drove Hania to a secluded location and sexually assaulted and killed her (possibly at or near where her body was found).

Or he pulled off somewhere (at or near the body disposal location), sexually assaulted and killed her in the vehicle or dragged her out of the vehicle.

(Did cadaver dogs hit on the vehicle?)

After sexually assaulting and murdering her and dumping her body at the recovery location on Wire Grass Road, he drove to the vehicle dump location and left the car there.

Then he either walked away from the scene, or called somebody to pick him up.

End.

This seems to be the most obvious and “random classic abductor” theory.

2. A second variance would be she was abducted, maybe held alive for a while more than a few hours, assaulted, killed, maybe body held for a while, then disposed of. This is possible but not as likely IMO as the above scenario but again who really knows. A non random abduction might lend itself more to a theory like this as opposed to number one.

3. Nonrandom abduction—-how likely is this considering he would have to known Hania would be there at that exact moment. Again, not impossible unless maybe someone knew she was going to start the car that morning, which as it seems at this moment per msm not to be the case, is this correct? (I know we’ve been over and over this, and the pastor said she didn’t normally start the car iirc.)

Again can we please confirm for sure again that the abduction site was the aunt’s house, not her own, and also can we please confirm who made the 911 call.

Thank you and sorry for being hazy on details, I can go back and confirm via msm when I get a chance.

—-

There is a lot of information out there re: specific gangs in the area.

I do believe your theory is sound as usual.

However I dont think he necessarily will have carjacking in his criminal history. He didnt want the vehicle in the first place and that's why he ditched it shortly afterwards after it had served its purpose. Imo

I do agree totally though the suspect has a violent criminal history which imo will include sexual assault.

Imo if they find him he will be big into *advertiser censored* possibly even kiddie *advertiser censored*.

The stats on kidnapping. rape and murder of minor children over 50 percent have a violent criminal history including sexual assault or/and violent domestic charges and other abuses.

Most stranger predators are heavily into kiddie *advertiser censored*.

44 percent of these kind of predators were strangers to the targeted victim.

42 percent are someone known to the child victim which can be even a casual acquaintance or neighbor.

Family members of the abducted...raped and murdered children only happens in 12 percent of the 775 documented cases.

The suspect being a stranger to the victim is on the rise in recent years.

Plus there are thousands of unsolved cases involving missing children where the suspect remains unknown.

I think there are way more stranger abductions rapes and murders of children than presently known.

As you know the hardest cases to solve for the police are when there isn't any familiar link between the suspect and the victim.

Jmo

Last edited:
I believe I've read several times that her sister, when describing the scene that morning, said they couldn't make out what Hania was yelling, which to me made it seem like she wasn't just screaming, but rather yelling words out. Could it be that she DID recognize the abductor (maybe someone in the periphery of her life or someone who frequents the mobile home park) and that is what she was trying to yell out? Just MOO and could be far-fetched, but the wording of what her sister said about not understanding what she was yelling always made me think she wasn't just screaming "Help" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie