Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is incorrect. A neighbor also looked out their window and saw the attack. The sister is the only one who has spoken to the press, so we have no info as to what other family members and neighbors saw.

Source for the neighbor being a witness: Body found in North Carolina appears to be missing 13-year-old girl; suspect sought
Exactly. If she was forced into the SUV then clearly the perp was after her and not the old SUV that presumably has very little value (old 2002 model). If she started the car and the car was what perp wanted, perp could have jumped into the car and rode off. Seems pretty clear perp was after the child.

Is there more to her obituary somewhere? The above is all I can see at the link. Maybe her family didn't do a full obituary in English? I wonder if there is a Spanish one somewhere?
It may not be finished. I remember another one recently (Mollie's maybe?) that just had a name and birthdate, then was later updated with the full obituary. MOO

It may not be finished. I remember another one recently (Mollie's maybe?) that just had a name and birthdate, then was later updated with the full obituary. MOO

That makes sense. The above Spanish article I quoted says on the last line (translated):

"He also said that they are still unclear when they can perform funeral services because they depend on judicial procedures."

Cadena de oración por Hania

It's possible they don't even have Hania's body yet or they are waiting to see if her father can make it here. :(

If theDNA Proof of Rape

the laws are not

???

What does that mean??? I'm sorry but your post is totally confusing.

Of course if they found the DNA profile of the kidnapper...rapist and murderer when doing the autopsy on Hania that most certainly is proof under the law. Or found in the vehicle or on her clothing or all three combined.

Everyone knows that or at least I think they would.

The suspects of many victims who have been raped and murdered were identified because their DNA was found on the murdered victims.

So again..would you please clarify your post because DNA profiles of murder defendants have resulted in countless convictions when their DNA profile was found

It cant be any more conclusive than when the suspect leaves behind their own DNA on their murdered victims.

There simply isnt any logical way to explain it away especially when its known that Hania was seen by eye witnesses being kidnapped and later found murdered.

Tia

Jmo

Last edited:
Lumberton Junior High School's touching tribute to Hania Aguilar
Students and staff at Lumberton Junior High School took time out of their day Friday to honor their classmate Hania Aguilar who's body was found earlier this week after she was kidnaped.

According to a press release from Robeson County Schools, students read letters poems and sang songs in honor of their classmate Hania. Hand-painted posters were also hung around the school in tribute to Hania.

The students also presented Hania's mother with handmade bracelets. She thanked them and the staff for everything they had done and donated Hania's violin to the school.

That makes sense. The above Spanish article I quoted says on the last line (translated):

"He also said that they are still unclear when they can perform funeral services because they depend on judicial procedures."

Cadena de oración por Hania

It's possible they don't even have Hania's body yet or they are waiting to see if her father can make it here. :(
Ohhhhh. I bet you're right. :(

Hania's father would need a B-2 visitor's visa to travel to the US for her funeral. That costs $160 to apply for and requires a valid passport, proof of ties to your home country (employment, home, family), proof of intent to return to your home country (return flights booked), proof of your reason for travel to the US (funeral details, address you'll be staying at), and an interview at the US embassy or consulate in Guatemala. Currently the wait for an interview for visitor visas in Guatemala City is 24 calendar days. He would also need to no have no previous immigration issues - if he has ever entered illegally, overstayed a visa, been denied a visa, been issued or ignored a deportation order, or committed misrepresentation or fraud (eg. showing a false passport/visa/documents or falsely claimed to be a US citizen), then he will be denied a visitor's visa. IMO, based on experience as a US immigrant myself. Visa Denials

Knowing the hardships of life for many people in Guatemala - he may not even have a passport and $160 US dollars to spare - it's very unlikely he will be able to obtain one in time. If he has no prior immigration issues and all the requirements fulfilled, hopefully they would have some empathy and expedite an appointment for him. The most the public could do to help, realistically, would be perhaps to fund his flights through or similar, and maybe assist him in filling the application. A US representative from congress can sometimes assist in getting pending immigration cases within the country for residents and citizens pushed along if they are taking longer than expected but I'm unsure as to how that would apply outside of the country. I don't believe it does. Again IMO, in my experience. So heartbreaking :(

View Hania Aguilar's Obituary and express your condolences

Hania Noelia Aguilar
| Visit Guest Book

LUMBERTON — Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, of Lumberton, died recently. Colvin Funeral Home, Lumberton.

Hania was born on March 21, 2005 and passed away on Tuesday, November 27, 2018.

Hania was a resident of North Carolina at the time of passing.

Colvin Funeral Home of Lumberton
1904 Elizabethtown Rd.
Lumberton, NC 28358
(910) 738-4544

Is the date of her passing based on when she was found or do they actually know when she passed?

:(

Sadly, I assumed this would be the outcome. I believe the perp knew the family and knew that Hania liked to go start the car in the morning, so he was there for that opportune time when he would have her and a car. I do not believe this is a random act by a random person. She, or her family, was targeted <modsnip - off topic>.

I believe she was grabbed, killed, dumped and the perp is no longer anywhere near the area. I believe he was sent to kill one of the children and he, too, is a Guatemalan and likely here illegally.

I am sorry that the dad can't attend his child's funeral, but that is one of the consequences of living in a different country than your family - you may not be able to get there if there is a funeral, birth, marriage, illness, etc. Did they come here with him and he returned or did they come alone? Why is he not with, and supporting, his family?

It is sad, but it is a decision they made for themselves and now, the consequences are heartbreaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, I assumed this would be the outcome. I believe the perp knew the family and knew that Hania liked to go start the car in the morning, so he was there for that opportune time when he would have her and a car. I do not believe this is a random act by a random person. She, or her family, was targeted <modsnip - off topic>.

I believe she was grabbed, killed, dumped and the perp is no longer anywhere near the area. I believe he was sent to kill one of the children and he, too, is a Guatemalan and likely here illegally.

I am sorry that the dad can't attend his child's funeral, but that is one of the consequences of living in a different country than your family - you may not be able to get there if there is a funeral, birth, marriage, illness, etc. Did they come here with him and he returned or did they come alone? Why is he not with, and supporting, his family?

It is sad, but it is a decision they made for themselves and now, the consequences are heartbreaking.

Hania has a step-father so I assume her mother remarried and her biological father might not have had any say in Hania being brought to the US. Or her mother may have come here while pregnant so Hania would be a US citizen and have a better life. Maybe her father supported that with plans to come here too and join them, but perhaps he could not find a way to get here himself. It's really none of our business why he lives in Guatemala or the legal status of any of Hania's family, but the fact is that it is very difficult for citizens of that country to come to the US legally. He may have wanted very much to come here and be in Hania's life but may have been prevented from doing so for any number of reasons. No offense, but it's rather cruel and ignorant to blame a family member of a murdered child for not living in the same country and assume he has the resources to be able to pick up and move to another country but would choose not to out of lack of love for her. Not everyone in the world has the luxury to be able to make those "decisions" and even those with financial means and legal ability to travel may have their biological child removed from them by the other parent. We don't know what the case is here as to why they live in separate countries but I think we should respect the family and not make it our business. MOO.

Hania has a step-father so I assume her mother remarried and her biological father might not have had any say in Hania being brought to the US. Or her mother may have come here while pregnant so Hania would be a US citizen and have a better life. Maybe her father supported that with plans to come here too and join them, but perhaps he could not find a way to get here himself. It's really none of our business why he lives in Guatemala or the legal status of any of Hania's family, but the fact is that it is very difficult for citizens of that country to come to the US legally. He may have wanted very much to come here and be in Hania's life but may have been prevented from doing so for any number of reasons. No offense, but it's rather cruel and ignorant to blame a family member of a murdered child for not living in the same country and assume he has the resources to be able to pick up and move to another country but would choose not to out of lack of love for her. Not everyone in the world has the luxury to be able to make those "decisions" and even those with financial means and legal ability to travel may have their biological child removed from them by the other parent. We don't know what the case is here as to why they live in separate countries but I think we should respect the family and not make it our business. MOO.
AGREE TOTALLY! I think I need to stop reading for awhile. Stopped alcohol 4 days ago cold turkey and I'm getting a little P'd off. Praying for this cold heartless murderer to be found & put to death.

Agree completely. We don't know any of the details except that this family has had their daughter brutally and horrifically taken from them.

Additionally, if any of her immediate family in the US is undocumented (speculation ONLY - no indication that they are whatsoever), they may now be eligible to file for a U-visa, which is a visa available to individuals who have been victim of a violent crime and are helpful to the investigation. I would hope a free legal service of some sort would assist them with that IF it is the case, which again, I do not know. Total speculation. For all we know, they are all citizens and only her bio father is not. (link: Victims of Criminal Activity: U Nonimmigrant Status) IMO, JMO.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
I also wonder why her little sister wasn't targeted? If this was a sexual predator perhaps wouldn't want even a witness.
Again I fear for safety of family!

Funeral details at this link for funeral home https://www.hmcolvin.com/obituaries/Hania-Aguilar/#!/Obituary
Obituary for Hania Noelia Aguilar
Miss Hania Noelia Aguilar, age 13, 8th grade student at Lumberton Jr.
High School passed away recently in Lumberton, NC. She leaves to cherish
her sweet memories her mother; Celsa Maribel Hernandez Velasquez, father;
Miguel Barrera, and two sisters. Services entrusted to: Colvin Funeral Home, Lumberton, NC.

Mass -DEC 7. 7:00 PM

St. Francis De Sales Catholic
2008 Elizabethtown Road
Lumberton, NC, US

Funeral Dec 8 12:00 PM
Lumberton Sr. High School
3901 Fayetteville Rd
Lumberton, NC, US

Last edited:
Her sister was inside the home and was not the only witness. LE has already stated there is no evidence this crime is connected to gang activity. LE has also stated that there is no evidence Hania knew her abductor.
They haven't said much in regards to evidence. Mother is obviously upset and feels people have blamed her. LE has not mentioned a suspect or POI. Only things released were video of man walking also that tips received led to body and SUV. This can be wide open in interpretation.

LE has stated the public is their biggest source of help. Surveillance video is critical to building a case. While watching video the person walking appears to be an Africa American. Anyone else notice anything from that video?

This was bold, brazen and not typical even for an area as rough as Lumberton. <modsnip - off topic> this could be an individual attempting to throw off police. I say, individual, because sexual predators typically don't work in groups.
Young Woman Disappears In Town Where Bodies Have Been Turning Up |
HuffPost

4th Woman From North Carolina Town Where 3 Others Found Dead Goes Missing

It very well could be, however, those other cases are very different circumstances from Hania's case. Here are threads for the three deceased women and missing Abby Patterson:
Found Deceased - NC - Megan Oxendine, 28, Christina Bennett, 32, and Rhonda Jones, 36, Lumberton, Apr/Jun 2017
NC - NC - Abby Patterson, 20, Lumberton, 5 Sept 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members