Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he turned himself in to avoid being torn limb from limb by people in the community who would recognize him on the surveillance video.

Sometimes even the most hardened killers can be convinced by their own mothers to turn themselves in. I don't know if that's what happened in this case. But I've seen it before.

I read that MM's father lived on the road where Hanai was located. Is that true or rumor? If true can someone direct me to that info? tia

I read that MM's father lived on the road where Hanai was located. Is that true or rumor? If true can someone direct me to that info? tia

Man accused of killing Hania Aguilar was on parole at time of her death

From the above link:
The SUV in which Hania was taken was found three days after her abduction in a field off Quincey Drive in Robeson County, about 11 miles south of Lumberton. McLellan, at the time of Hania’s abduction, was staying at a residence off Alamac Road, which intersects with Quincey Drive, according to reports.

I posted this a few days ago. His path took him down a side street (Lamberth) and then onto 41. I think he walked a mile or so down 41 to get to her trailer park. He passed a couple of other trailer parks, stores, and houses. there isnt too much of anything further beyond her trailer park. It's rural (check the route using street view on Google maps, especially of Lamberth. I wonder where he started in relation to that street.) All will come out eventually.
Glad they caught this SOB! Just found out now. So he was the creep on the 3 videos?

Early on I suspected this guy and posted such. He regularly made headlines in this town and surrounding areas.... He at the time I posted was on parole yes, then he was picked up. This guy and his past offenses read to me that this was his next crime. He never served hardly any time. We need to ask the DA about this:
In 2007, McLellan was sentenced to between 10 and 12 years in prison on charges, filed by the Fairmont Police Department, of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and first-degree burglary. Charges of attempted second-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury were dismissed by the district attorney, records show.

I blame the courts, judges, lawyers and especially the DA. If this criminal was locked up as he should have been for crime committed, Hania would have been able to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. All of his crimes just hinted to me that he was my main suspect. Him and only him.

Here is one part of the NC DPS sentence and years of incarceration. The State of NC often gives and "from -- to" date for imprisonment, and they will parole an inmate, in most cases, after approx. 3/4 of the sentence is served. It appears that McLellan did that for his convictions -- some of the sentences were "consolidated" which is very common.
--------------------------------------------
Commitment Type: INMATE
Conviction Date: 01/11/2007
County Of Conviction: ROBESON
Service Status: EXPIRED
Sentence Begin Date: 01/11/2007
Actual Release Date: 02/09/2016
Punishment Type: POST RELEASE
Projected Release Date: 02/09/2016
Sentence Type 1: DEPT OF CORR DIV OF PRISONS
Sentence Type 3: POST RELEASE SENTENCE
Minimum Term: 10 YEARS
Maximum Term: 12 YEARS 9 MONTHS
Parole Begin Date: 02/09/2016
Parole End Date: 11/05/2016
---------------------------------------
NC DPS Offender Public Information

His "Begin Date"....is 01/11/2007
His "Release Date" is 02/09/2016
So he was incarcerated 9 years and one month. The minimum term on this is 10 years. Often the DPS will release an inmate after s/he has served approx. 3/4 of the term. Here the inmate served a bit more than that.

iirc The poster was referring in way past pages when we were discussing the surveillance video clips.

And, Yes, The Robesonian newspaper online stated that McLellan is the person in the video.
Thanks and yes, I recall now that it was due to the perp's 'gait' but I didn't think that was necessarily a 'thing.' Glad he was arrested though, and hopefully gets LIFE or worse!

Here is one part of the NC DPS sentence and years of incarceration. The State of NC often gives and "from -- to" date for imprisonment, and they will parole an inmate, in most cases, after approx. 3/4 of the sentence is served. It appears that McLellan did that for his convictions -- some of the sentences were "consolidated" which is very common.
--------------------------------------------
Commitment Type: INMATE
Conviction Date: 01/11/2007
County Of Conviction: ROBESON
Service Status: EXPIRED
Sentence Begin Date: 01/11/2007
Actual Release Date: 02/09/2016
Punishment Type: POST RELEASE
Projected Release Date: 02/09/2016
Sentence Type 1: DEPT OF CORR DIV OF PRISONS
Sentence Type 3: POST RELEASE SENTENCE
Minimum Term: 10 YEARS
Maximum Term: 12 YEARS 9 MONTHS
Parole Begin Date: 02/09/2016
Parole End Date: 11/05/2016

His "Begin Date"....is 01/11/2007
His "Release Date" is 02/09/2016
So he was incarcerated 9 years and one month. The minimum term on this is 10 years. Often the DPS will release an inmate after s/he has served approx. 3/4 of the term. Here the inmate served a bit more than that.

But! The DA dismissed charges. I want to understand why the DA would dismiss?

So could one search this database by crime specifically? Making a note to check (if so, this is where I should have been looking to begin with duh—making note for future cases to check state DPS Offender sites).

Bookmarking:
I don't see an option to search by crime, but there is offender-related data back to 1972 under the "Download" tab. MOO

Last edited:
Man accused of killing Hania Aguilar was on parole at time of her death

From the above link:
The SUV in which Hania was taken was found three days after her abduction in a field off Quincey Drive in Robeson County, about 11 miles south of Lumberton. McLellan, at the time of Hania’s abduction, was staying at a residence off Alamac Road, which intersects with Quincey Drive, according to reports.
Hmmm, verrrrrry interesting, isn't it? Did he remain there after LE found the vehicle? (We'll probably never know.) His world was getting much smaller, wasn't it? Did he have access to another vehicle or an accomplice or both?

LE did some darn good work. And if there were informers to help them get him or watch him, they did some darn good work, too.

McLellan was charged by Fairmont police in October 2004 with attempted second-degree sex offense, but the charge was dismissed by the Robeson County district attorney in March 2005, records show.

The reasons for the dismissals were not given.

From here: Man accused of killing Hania Aguilar was on parole at time of her death
Ok, thanks.
Reasons to dismiss -- yeah, who knoze? Probably not enuff evidence, or victim could not id him, etc., etc. I'll try to poke around for info, but I'm not very confident that I'll find anything.

I just saw this -- apparently, he's such a model prisoner, they have moved him to the NC Big House!!

---------------------
Man accused in Robeson Co. kidnapping moved to Raleigh
by Tonya Brown
Thursday, December 6th 2018

ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. (WPDE) — The man charged in a gunpoint attempted robbery and kidnapping of a woman in Robeson County has reportedly been causing disturbances, prompting a move to a bigger prison.
[...]
Chief Edwards said McLellan left the scene without hurting the woman.
----------------------

I just saw this -- apparently, he's such a model prisoner, they have moved him to the NC Big House!!

---------------------
by Tonya Brown
Thursday, December 6th 2018

ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. (WPDE) — The man charged in a gunpoint attempted robbery and kidnapping of a woman in Robeson County has reportedly been causing disturbances, prompting a move to a bigger prison.
[...]
Chief Edwards said McLellan left the scene without hurting the woman.
----------------------
So there is a continuance until March on which case??

Hmmm, verrrrrry interesting, isn't it? Did he remain there after LE found the vehicle? (We'll probably never know.) His world was getting much smaller, wasn't it? Did he have access to another vehicle or an accomplice or both?

LE did some darn good work. And if there were informers to help them get him or watch him, they did some darn good work, too.
I bet he did stay at that residence after - he doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb in the pack nor does he seem to be able to think his crimes through given that he's been caught so many times.

A few people suggested upthread that he's a career criminal that is accustomed to living in prison. Like Charles Manson or Wes Hadsell - some people spend the majority of their lives behind bars and get along just fine. I wonder if he even realizes that he's facing LWOP...

IMO he raped and murdered Hania shortly after abducting her then dumped her body. Then he dumped the SUV which was close to where he was staying so he just walked home after. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654