Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up.

Sad to hear they havent found her yet.

The only thing I keep thinking about lately is those new pics of her that were taken the day before she disappeared and the possibility that somehow the perp saw those pics and could be why he targeted her and if any of that is true then could that lead to identifying him.

Just a guess but a couple reasons I am wondering about that. First the pics are not normal type quick pics. She was posing for someone and they came out nice. So wondering why they were taken and if they were shared somewhere where the perp may have seen them.

Secondly I think back to him walking in the early morning hours and it almost looks like he was on a mission to go right to her place to maybe catch her starting the vehicle if he knew she would warm up the car. His walk that morning on video sure looked like he knew where he was going and it was early enough for him to get there and be ready to grab her.

Just speculating but wish we knew if those pics were shared anywhere on SM because that could help identify him.

Hopefully LE is thinking along these lines too because someone took those pics of her and they were released in link below and stated they were taken the day before her disappearance. So hopefully LE knows if they were shared anywhere where the perp may have seen them where LE could get an IP address of anyone on that same SM site.

FBI releases photos of Hania Noelia Aguilar taken day before her kidnapping

Im trying to stay positive that LE may find her alive and one thing that they could have flown to Quantico is the steering wheel of the vehicle.

If LE knows he was driving it then that would be one thing they could pull off the car and send the steering wheel to Quantico to try to get touch DNA to identify the perp.

Im trying to stay positive that LE may find her alive and one thing that they could have flown to Quantico is the steering wheel of the vehicle.

If LE knows he was driving it then that would be one thing they could pull off the car and send the steering wheel to Quantico to try to get touch DNA to identify the perp.
Good thinking about the steering wheel!

It does look like he was on a cell phone in the one video that was posted. So really the police should know the exact time that was and ask public to think back if anyone was talking to anyone at that time fitting the guys description. With the video and the call a witness maybe able to recognize the guy.....

I was watching the video of the sister She says “The men came in” and “they took her away” . I know she’s only 8 however she used plural twice as In more than one man. I just find it strange that’s all.
It may be because she is a second language learner and may not be proficient in English. Even with proficient speakers I have often seen posters type "women" for "woman".

rosewood mobile home park aerial.png

rosewood mobile home park aerial.png

Rosewood Mobile Home Park is not right off or adjacent to Elizabethtown Rd. The abductor had to have walked down Hornets Rd to get to the Mobile Home Park. There does not appear to be anything directly behind the park where Hornets Rd would serve as a shortcut to walk through. It seems early to be visiting someone at the park. Was Hania's mobile home located directly off Hornets Rd?

Attachments

• aerial rosewood mobile home park 2.png
    aerial rosewood mobile home park 2.png
    957.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Hearing a neighbor nearby has surveillance footage gives me some hope. Even if something doesn't come from his cameras, maybe somebody else's. That was the break in Mollie's case, and it took almost a month for the person with the cameras to produce them and then voila! Obviously I hope it happens sooner rather than later, but maybe some random homeowner along the driving route or near her home or near the vehicle dump site has cameras and hasn't produced them yet.

I go back and forth between this being random and targeted. And when I say random, I do IMO believe the perp was in the mobile home park for a nefarious purpose. Whether that is drugs, robbery...I have no idea. But it sounds like they have had many issues with break-ins and it doesn't seem like a place you would just randomly walk into without living there or having business there. I am just not sure if he specifically targeted and hoped to abduct Hania or if maybe he was there waiting to break into a mobile home after the occupants left for work. Like lurking in the woods watching and waiting since 7 AM is a common time for people to start heading out for work/school. But then what would make him decided instead "I'll steal this car and kidnap this girl" instead of just waiting for the whole family to head out? I don't know.

I still have to wonder and i am sure LE has the answer, but was it so cold you run the car to warm it up or was it just a routine that they did? Because if that is something they did, and someone knows it, and they could put it out there. But it is still such a coincidence that it bothers me. You have to know to go down the road, she is waiting, the car is running and the timing for him has to be perfect, unless, he is on the phone with someone who has eyes on the home, her and the car.

Additionally, let’s say there is no initial obvious evidence of anything like this (blood, clothes, etc). They will STILL send every spec of dust as SP if potentially helpful. So we can’t say for sure if they found something “obviously damning” in that car, but I think chances are likely they did. And as sleuthergazillion mentioned (sorry can’t remember your number haha) hopefully this is in CODIS, AFIS, etc.Who knows, there is even a shoe database thing. Chances are good considering his MO of carjacking and who knows what else, moo. I think he could have been sloppy, moo.

What are DNA collection laws in N.C. timewise (meaninf what year did they adopt mandatory collections for felons, RSOs, etc).
—-
Note to self to google tomorrow: Are gang member types ever described as organized offenders re: SAs? Or does the nature of gangish crimes such as drugs, robbery etc lend itself to being more disorganized in this type of situation?
This is what I found on DNA collection (summarized).

Arrestee DNA Analysis § 15A-266.3A
People arrested for enumerated felony and misdemeanor offenses, including
murder, manslaughter, sex offenses, assault, etc., must submit a DNA sample
to state officials . A probable cause hearing is required before a magistrate.
The sample is collected at booking if the individual was arrested with a
warrant. It is collected after a probable cause determination if there was no
warrant. After June 1, 2012, samples are expunged automatically.
https://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/statutes/statutelookup.pl?statute=15a-266.3a

Convicted Offender DNA Analysis § 15A-266.4
People convicted of any felony or sex crime misdemeanor must submit a DNA
sample to state officials . The state also collects DNA for those convicted of
assaults on handicapped persons and stalking.
G.S. 15A-266.4

View attachment 155069

View attachment 155069

Rosewood Mobile Home Park is not right off or adjacent to Elizabethtown Rd. The abductor had to have walked down Hornets Rd to get to the Mobile Home Park. There does not appear to be anything directly behind the park where Hornets Rd would serve as a shortcut to walk through. It seems early to be visiting someone at the park. Was Hania's mobile home located directly off Hornets Rd?
I have been unable to find exactly what trailer Hania was at, but I did see a video (which unfortunately I can’t locate to link at the moment) where the reporter was standing on the street, then pointed at the trailer. It was definitely at the end of a cul-de-sac, but I was not able to match that up with what I see on the map with any certainty. Perhaps one of these locations?

There has also been talk on here of a walking trail residents of the park sometimes use to get to the Food Lion directly east of the park. I would suspect there might be trails to the west as well, but nothing’s visible from map view.

Attachments

• A6FA57C0-A25D-410C-B6FC-A112B510D421.jpeg
    A6FA57C0-A25D-410C-B6FC-A112B510D421.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 22
Seems like a crime of opportunity to me. His gait appears lax and non-directed - somewhat stumbling like he could be intoxicated - and like he's en route back to his home or somewhere familiar to him after a long night. Could also be walking home from an overnight (third) shift or something. Could also be a homeless person I suppose. His gait is also fairly distinct - a slight strut/sway - so it could be identifiable if the right person sees it.

I feel like the perp is likely local - quite local, in fact, with regards to proximity to the crime - and he saw an opportunity and compulsively took it. The fact that the vehicle was found in town says a lot as to the perp's preferred locale. Probably now blending in like nothing ever happened.

JMO.

View attachment 155069

View attachment 155069

Actually, now that coffee is starting to kick in, I think it makes more sense that Hania would have been at one of these locations. I know it’s at the back of a cul-de-sac and the original report said she was abducted between lots 38 and 39. If the numbering started at the front, that would put 38/39 in this second tier.

Attachments

• 71147F7D-7F84-42FC-B8F6-93530A290843.jpeg
    71147F7D-7F84-42FC-B8F6-93530A290843.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 36
There is a reason that man was walking thru town at that morning hour. He stands out, being alone, no other walkers that we know of. Was he recently off a work shift? Was he heading to work? Was there a bus stop nearby that he had just gotten off of? Had someone dropped him off on their way to somewhere else? Does surveillance show him walking there other days at similar morning hours?

Last edited:
I have been unable to find exactly what trailer Hania was at, but I did see a video (which unfortunately I can’t locate to link at the moment) where the reporter was standing on the street, then pointed at the trailer. It was definitely at the end of a cul-de-sac, but I was not able to match that up with what I see on the map with any certainty. Perhaps one of these locations?

There has also been talk on here of a walking trail residents of the park sometimes use to get to the Food Lion directly east of the park. I would suspect there might be trails to the west as well, but nothing’s visible from map view.
Good morning. We just created a media thread yesterday and you may (hopefully) be able to find the video there.

This leads to a post with maps: NC - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, Lumberton, MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

ETA: Glad to see you here, SharonNeedles. :)

Late edit: I think this is the video you're looking for.

Last edited:

Very good point, IMO.

rsbm

Leaving the SUV there is concerning - if it was a crime of random opportunity then why ditch it unless you’re local and know a place to hide or a car is nearby.

Indeed. Unless he decided to walk a long ways back towards what area he is from alongside the camouflage of the woods. We know he “walks”.

He maybe called someone and said “hey bro, come pick me up at (say hypothetically ten to thirty minutes away)”, or as mentioned said his car broke down, or something like that. Nothing would seem suspicious if he worked in the area or knew someone in the area. Maybe he called his mom or another relative.

Which means a call would ping at the towers nearby. LE is likely going through all that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member