Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a link to the SUV surveillance videos previously posted in Thread #1 by Gardener1850 (video at link via Twitter, sbm for focus):

Thanks. I agree, he had to have done something to subdue her. His driving appears completely normal.

I’m thinking he is alone in this crime. He either had HA subdued when he dumped the SUV and switched vehicles. Or, he had her subdued at another, secure location and did the SUV dump solo. JMO. I also think this is not his first victim. But, I am encouraged in that it seems he has made some mistakes. JMO. I don’t have a good feeling about this outcome. However, I remain hopeful and continue to keep HA and her entire family and friends in my prayers.

(Ugh there’s that “22” number again, sorry MOO that’s a number I see come up a lot of these cases, 22 minutes, 22 miles, I call it my magic number, jmo.)
Ooooh, <shiver> that's just plain spooky, margarita. (Truly, no joke there.) And the shiver was real. Just had another one.

Oh, this is just torture. Her poor little family -- do they sleep at night, or do they just fret, walk the floor, pray and cry? I would think, however, that people in the trailer park are helping out, and I'm sure their church friends are -- as best they all can.

The LE folks surely seem to be hell-bent to find her and her kidnapper. They seemed to jump on this thing in minutes, and they don't sound like they're just messing around. Bless 'em all.

FTR as I mentioned last night, I think I’ve done a complete 360 and now lean towards a random and opportunistic crime. MOO.

ETA:

FBI “there is no indication Hania knew her abductor” (at this time).
(Sorry no link, by memory iirc moo)

——

If he had been stalking her, maybe there would be more of an indication of this? People seeing him hanging around, etc? SM evidence, etc?

Again he would have to known she would be there at that time. There is no way he would know that unless he had seen her before which IS likely IF he has ties to the area, but again the carjacking and the “walking “...I think he was a bad guy out there looking for trouble and he took an opportunity as soon as it presented himself, moo. The carjacking MO is a big red flag for me.

Disorganized, opportunistic offender. With a rap sheet. Moo.
Maybe he was walking to/from work at the same time every morning and saw Hania on some of those days and saw the routine. Or if not walking to work, going somewhere to meet with people, etc. If so, maybe a neighbor, etc., might know some of his characteristics, i.e., approx. age, height, hair length/color, ethnicity, type of clothing, glasses, did he smoke, carry a bag, ever with someone, or saw him walking around the neighborhood, etc. Maybe that person has spoken with or reported it to LE.

Hopefully it's something that LE deemed important enough to fast track analysis.

I've been sick all week and was sad to see that Hania is still missing but heartened to read that LE may have some strong leads and that the reward has bumped up. If the guy is even somewhat local then there's a good chance he's said something to someone by now. As opposed to a transient, lone wolf kind of guy who doesn't interact with others.

I'm not sure why LE keeps saying nothing indicates Hania was targeted - do they think he was after an old domestic SUV in a fairly contained area where any number of people could have seen him that morning?

Ah well, I guess they have their reasons for saying what they say. Let's hope they get some usable evidence soon. Mostly though let's hope they find Hania before her abductor decides she's a liability. Where are you little girl??

$20,000 reward in search for missing North Carolina 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar

Thank you. Anything helps me because I am really confused. To me, there is too much coincidence for this to be random. Who would Walk to a house and abduct a child, who just happened to be outside starting a car? Unless their plan was just to steal a car and he happened to find one already started, waiting for him. But, it was Started by a teenager, who had been told Not to start the car, but did anyway. He didn't notice the girl at first, but there she was, so he snatched her up, and forcibly took her with him...
To me nothing fits or makes any sense. Certainly not your typical abduction. Am I missing something that would make this more logical me? I need some help here. jmo

We need to consider that if he left Hania's body somewhere, it isn't necessarily where the vehicle was found.

Video of the vehicle from that morning is crucial. What route did he take to get to the SUV hiding place? Are there wooded or abandoned areas on the route?

jmopinion

Indeed. I’m thinking not that far from the vehicle dump though, whatcha think ITD?

I’m guessing that these locations are no too far apart. Who really knows of course, but considering the potential mobility of the suspect, I wouldn’t anticipate great lengths for a red herring, meaning separate dump vehicle and body dump; also due to my guess of a disorganized and reckless, spontaneous offender I lean towards her big closer than further.

All amateur speculation. Moo jmo.

Lumberton Police Department | 11/10/2018 7:37pm (EST)

Lumberton Police Department | 11/10/2018 7:38pm (EST)

The Lumberton Police Department and the FBI are continuing to ask for assistance to locate 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar. Saturday, the North Carolina State Highway Patrol's helicopter flew evidence from the investigation straight to Quantico so it could be immediately processed and analyzed by the FBI.

Investigators continue to ask the people who live in Lumberton to help identify the man seen walking on surveillance video near the kidnapping scene in the hour before Hania was taken. He may have information to help us #Find Hania. We also need to hear from anyone with surveillance video who we have not already been in contact with to receive copies of your videos. We are working to build an exact timeline of when and how the stolen SUV ended up abandoned on Quincey Drive in Lumberton on Thursday.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $15,000 for information that leads us to locate Hania.
Thank you for your continued assistance to #FindHania.

View attachment 154952 View attachment 154951 View attachment 154950

“We are working to build an exact timeline of when and how the stolen SUV ended up abandoned on Quincey Drive in Lumberton on Thursday.“

Can’t wait for this.

Maybe he was walking to/from work at the same time every morning and saw Hania on some of those days and saw the routine. Or if not walking to work, going somewhere to meet with people, etc. If so, maybe a neighbor, etc., might know some of his characteristics, i.e., approx. age, height, hair length/color, ethnicity, type of clothing, glasses, did he smoke, carry a bag, ever with someone, or saw him walking around the neighborhood, etc. Maybe that person has spoken with or reported it to LE.

(I’m tellin ya, the Seminole shooter worked at McDonalds.

I. jessica’s Case, a main thing they stressed was “May have been in the area for work”.

Considering the timeline maybe he got off s night shift, but I’m thinking chances are also likely he was in the area visiting. Someone and:eek:r was there for drugs, moo. Editing typos

Ooooh, <shiver> that's just plain spooky, margarita. (Truly, no joke there.) And the shiver was real. Just had another one.

Oh, this is just torture. Her poor little family -- do they sleep at night, or do they just fret, walk the floor, pray and cry? I would think, however, that people in the trailer park are helping out, and I'm sure their church friends are -- as best they all can.

The LE folks surely seem to be hell-bent to find her and her kidnapper. They seemed to jump on this thing in minutes, and they don't sound like they're just messing around. Bless 'em all.

You think that’s creepy? I did not even post my reaction to the second half of that quote if you really want a shiver.

I went out scouting in the neighborhood after Jessica was found when her killer was still at large. Everyone was locked up inside scared as they should have been. Anyway, ARS was the ONLY one the street walking. He was the only one! What ever the quote was above, I thought of that same thing immediately because I always say about ARS that “he was the only one out there walking!” But as I’ve told you guys before, I looked at him then and said, “nah, too young”).

You guys have heard that story a million times and I don’t want to get off topic so didn’t comment the first time. But since you said that.

Quote for reference.

Yes, and it's a 22 minute walk from Lambeth St. to the mobile home park. Google Maps

So, did he stop for coffee? Cigarettes? Breakfast?

What stands out to me is this:

"The foot traffic at that time of the day was actually very light, and this is actually the only individual we saw out walking at that time of day in this part of the neighborhood," said FBI Agent Andy DeLarocha, WRAL reported.
SUV found, hunt for missing Lumberton girl stretches into the night :: WRAL.com

Ps: this is exaaactly why I stuck around. To be here right now having this exact conversation with you guys. Taking what we’ve learned to try to help with the “next one”.

We have to learn from the last ones. Look at all we have learned together Again, I’m confident Hania will be brought home one way or another. And this says a lot considering I’m reaaaallly frustrated about BG and Jayme as we all are! COLD AS ICE—please let something break there too (and other cases like Lizzie and Lyric, etc etc etc..the list goes on and on). Anyway, point is time is still of essence before this goes cold.

Yes, Pommy did he stop for smokes. Or booze earlier in the night. Or maybe blunt papers, soda, candy bar.

I think chances are strong he was in the area for drugs, moo.

Last edited:
What evidence I wonder...
(ETA: talk about “fast tracked”)

For reference when else have we seen evidence flown to Quantico? I’ve seen it in other case(s) but I can’t remember which ones.)

Was it the Mollie Tibbetts case? I think it was that case, but I am having trouble finding where I saw it.

It's precisely 6.4 miles as the crow flies. The distance varies by route taken, but 8 or 8.6 miles are the most likely.

Argh 6 to 8 miles is also on my magic number list (after the obvious 1 and 2 mile immediate canvasses).

I am not trying to sound like I know it all. Just saying I have been tracking disposal site mileage since I got here and these numbers come up.

I have a couple of thoughts on the POI. I know from past experience when we see a picture or video of someone at night with this kind of video the colors of the clothing/shoes are the opposite of how they show up. So is it possible he's wearing a lighter hoodie and black shoes/sneakers?

Also, I wonder if LE has viewed the same camera videos from prior to Hania's abduction and after to see if this POI is in them as well. It would help to determine if this is a routine of the POI walking somewhere in the same area.
MOO IMO JMO

Exactly.

—-
Re: processing/etc coming back,
I was recently posting something in Cheryl’s and Andy’s thread about new enhancements re: fast turn around iirc, let me see if I can find it. Not sure if applicable, but I would assume the newcrime lab in Quantico would implement similar latest technology since it exists —standby

ETA/ not sure if even applicable:
(Never mind, it’s not, I think this refers more to degraded samples. Never mind! Still though, good to know for minute or potentially degraded samples:

“Battelle ExactID®

“ExactID ushers in the new era of investigative genetics. Our proprietary ExactID software allows you to exploit the full power of massively parallel sequencing (MPS) technologies, also known as next-generation sequencing, to find new leads in genetic data that was previously considered unusable. ExactID turns DNA into a very objective witness, providing a revolutionary new way to solve cases that have never been solved before.”

Snip

“Generate usable data from mixed or degraded DNA samples”

ExactID”

Last edited:
I hope someone realizes a family member, coworker or friend was 'missing' during the important hours, and sees that video and thinks it may be someone they know, and they call the tip line! Someone knows this person! It's so frustrating when there is video and the person is unknown. I pray it doesn't stay a mystery as long as the murderer of Abby and Libby has.

I like this a lot.

Have we mapped all the businesses in the vicinity that might be open during that time? Every restaurant, gas station...

Again, what are all the fast food joints in the area and where?

It's precisely 6.4 miles as the crow flies. The distance varies by route taken, but 8 or 8.6 miles are the most likely.

Can any locals weigh in on the advantages/ disadvantages/ details, etc re the alternate routes? Sorry f already discussed.

Last edited:
Article from 11/5 updated today:
‘Desperate’ search for kidnapped NC teen enters day 6

In an update to the case released on Saturday, FBI representatives and investigators reported that they will continue to canvass the area near where the SUV had been found on Thursday.

FBI Supervisory Resident Agent Andy Delarocha urged local residents to step forward if they had any information that could potentially assist the case moving forward.

“Someone knows this man and we need you to call us. Maybe you recognize the way he walks, his mannerisms, or maybe he will recognize himself on TV. The public was critical in the recovery of the SUV, now we need you to come through again for us. Who is the man on the video?”

Surveillance video released Thursday shows what appears to be a man wearing light colored shoes, a light-colored shirt, and a hoodie walking south on Lambeth Street, then turning North on Highway 41/Elizabethtown Highway towards the Rosewood Mobile Home Park.

The FBI released additional angles of the surveillance video Friday.

(Uggggh, this is sooo “Who Is BG?”)

ETA: Media thread for reference for newbies. And BTW ICE COLD. Please do not let this turn out how BG has so far...:(

IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION )

—-

I can’t waaaaait for the new PC. They are doing a great job of appealing to the public and expressing how important the role of the public is at this juncture. I think @Foxfire would be really happy to see how LE has really grown to engage the public.

Hoping for an enlarged, enhanced still shot, possible profile, visual aids, full shebang in a conference room Task Force style. I anticipate this next PC to be filled with continued and even more intense urgency as well as implementation and confirmation of the most state of the art technologies being utilized, moo.

——

Encouraged by the update of flying evidence to Quantico. Hopefully the SUV provided info that leads to the perp.

It’s bittersweet really to think about this concept, because whatever they are flying to Quantico is not potentially good, whether it be related to Hania or our perp or both.

Last edited:
They did that for the Mariah Woods case in onslow county. Also probably not a good sign for Hania. :(
Agree. Just my opinion only, but I have a feeling that between whatever they flew to Quantico and probably other evidence in or around the vehicle, that they know she is deceased. I also think this is what provoked the comment "We're coming after you". In my opinion, I think that they have found blood and sadly possibly evidence of Hania being sexually assaulted. I pray I am wrong!

Agree. Just my opinion only, but I have a feeling that between whatever they flew to Quantico and probably other evidence in or around the vehicle, that they know she is deceased. I also think this is what provoked the comment "We're coming after you". In my opinion, I think that they have found blood and sadly possibly evidence of Hania being sexually assaulted. I pray I am wrong!

Additionally, let’s say there is no initial obvious evidence of anything like this (blood, clothes, etc). They will STILL send every spec of dust as SP if potentially helpful. So we can’t say for sure if they found something “obviously damning” in that car, but I think chances are likely they did. And as sleuthergazillion mentioned (sorry can’t remember your number haha) hopefully this is in CODIS, AFIS, etc.Who knows, there is even a shoe database thing. Chances are good considering his MO of carjacking and who knows what else, moo. I think he could have been sloppy, moo.

What are DNA collection laws in N.C. timewise (meaninf what year did they adopt mandatory collections for felons, RSOs, etc).

—-

Note to self to google tomorrow: Are gang member types ever described as organized offenders re: SAs? Or does the nature of gangish crimes such as drugs, robbery etc lend itself to being more disorganized in this type of situation?

Last edited:
You think that’s creepy? I did not even post my reaction to the second half of that quote if you really want a shiver.

I went out scouting in the neighborhood after Jessica was found when her killer was still at large. Everyone was locked up inside scared as they should have been. Anyway, ARS was the ONLY one the street walking. He was the only one! What ever the quote was above, I thought of that same thing immediately because I always say about ARS that “he was the only one out there walking!” But as I’ve told you guys before, I looked at him then and said, “nah, too young”).

You guys have heard that story a million times and I don’t want to get off topic so didn’t comment the first time. But since you said that.

Quote for reference.

Ps: this is exaaactly why I stuck around. To be here right now having this exact conversation with you guys. Taking what we’ve learned to try to help with the “next one”.

We have to learn from the last ones. Look at all we have learned together Again, I’m confident Hania will be brought home one way or another. And this says a lot considering I’m reaaaallly frustrated about BG and Jayme as we all are! COLD AS ICE—please let something break there too (and other cases like Lizzie and Lyric, etc etc etc..the list goes on and on). Anyway, point is time is still of essence before this goes cold.

Yes, Pommy did he stop for smokes. Or booze earlier in the night. Or maybe blunt papers, soda, candy bar.

I think chances are strong he was in the area for drugs, moo.

Agreed - we have to learn from the last ones. Amazing how much I've learned in the past couple of years after joining Websleuths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathan Dunn