Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Active searches continue for abducted Lumberton teen Hania Aguilar

Saturday, North Carolina State Highway Patrol's helicopter flew evidence from the investigation to be processed and analyzed by the FBI in Quantico, Va.

The FBI and North Carolina authorities have posted a $20,000 reward for information leading to Aguilar's location.

Hania Aguilar: Abducted Teen Remains Missing as SUV Is Discovered in North Carolina Town Marred by Violence
CRIME
12:19 PM PST, November 8, 2018 - CAITLIN NOLAN

Hania is described as a happy girl who loves to cook and laugh. She hopes to one day become a Marine to help people, her mother said.

Hania’s abduction came one day after about 60 people gathered to honor their loved ones who were killed, found dead or went missing from Lumberton and Pembroke, neighboring communities within Robeson County.

“We are in this fight together as a whole county,” Shelia Price told InsideEdition.com.

Price’s daughter, Rhonda Jones, was one of three women who were found dead within a four-block radius between April 18 and June 3, 2017. The bodies of Jones, 36, and Kristin “Christina” Bennett, 32, were found dead 50 yards apart from each other on the same day, while Megan Oxendine, 28, was found about two city blocks away. Her death came several weeks after she had spoken on the news about Jones’ death. The circumstances behind their deaths remain unknown. (Emphasis added).

Mother Pleads for Abducted Teen's Return: 'I Miss Her'

Wow --The violence against women in and around Lumberton is frightening. May this young girl be found safe from harm.

Lumberton, N.C. (WPDE) — People who live in the Rosewood community of Lumberton are nervous as they wait for answers in the case of missing 13-year-old Hania Aguilar. Investigators went door to door Saturday handing out fliers, hoping for even the smallest piece of information to help solve this case.

“There’s lots of bad stuff that’s been happening in Robeson County,” said Carla Richardson, who lives nearby.
Community on edge as they wait for answers in the case of missing 13-year-old

Lumberton, N.C. (WPDE) — People who live in the Rosewood community of Lumberton are nervous as they wait for answers in the case of missing 13-year-old Hania Aguilar. Investigators went door to door Saturday handing out fliers, hoping for even the smallest piece of information to help solve this case.

“There’s lots of bad stuff that’s been happening in Robeson County,” said Carla Richardson, who lives nearby.
Community on edge as they wait for answers in the case of missing 13-year-old

Additionally from your link:

““I just really hope and pray they find her, because she’s not the first missing girl,” said Richardson.

Several people we spoke with around the community are terrified that something like this could happen so close to where they live. Others, like Richardson aren’t necessarily surprised, since they say crime in this area is getting out of hand.

“Robeson County needs more help down here to get these cases solved,” she said.“

Additionally from your link:

““I just really hope and pray they find her, because she’s not the first missing girl,” said Richardson.

Several people we spoke with around the community are terrified that something like this could happen so close to where they live. Others, like Richardson aren’t necessarily surprised, since they say crime in this area is getting out of hand.

“Robeson County needs more help down here to get these cases solved,” she said.“
Exactly!

See post #782. WTH??

I'm curious if any other crimes were committed/reported that morning just before Hania was abducted, like the hour or two beforehand.

A new theory I just thought about was that maybe this perp needed an easy car to steal and get out of dodge because he just committed a different crime nearby. It could have been something like robbery. Maybe he doesn't have a car, committed a crime, and before the cops came out looking for him, he wanted to hide/get out of there quickly.

This may be a very far-fetched theory, but seeing as how this is a high crime area, it could happen I suppose. I'm sure police have already looked into nearby crimes that morning, but of course, it doesn't necessarily even mean a crime would have been reported. And again, part of me thinks, if this is the case, why didn't he just let poor Hania go?

I don't know. MOO and just thinking through things.

Yes, that's possible, but he would have walked right by a Walmart Neighborhood Market on Elizabethtown Rd. Google Maps Why go all the way to Food Lion?
Great point, walking the path. I see Walmart label, just didnt appear when the map photo was taken. Also, I feel he is on the cell while walking as the brightness of a cigarette (on camera) is usually that bright for an inahle puff. And in the third frame he is not even putting it to his lips. Its like how youngster talk using speaker mode. This might have been then a planned abduction.

Hania Aguilar: Abducted Teen Remains Missing as SUV Is Discovered in North Carolina Town Marred by Violence
CRIME
12:19 PM PST, November 8, 2018 - CAITLIN NOLAN

Hania is described as a happy girl who loves to cook and laugh. She hopes to one day become a Marine to help people, her mother said.

Hania’s abduction came one day after about 60 people gathered to honor their loved ones who were killed, found dead or went missing from Lumberton and Pembroke, neighboring communities within Robeson County.

“We are in this fight together as a whole county,” Shelia Price told InsideEdition.com.

Price’s daughter, Rhonda Jones, was one of three women who were found dead within a four-block radius between April 18 and June 3, 2017. The bodies of Jones, 36, and Kristin “Christina” Bennett, 32, were found dead 50 yards apart from each other on the same day, while Megan Oxendine, 28, was found about two city blocks away. Her death came several weeks after she had spoken on the news about Jones’ death. The circumstances behind their deaths remain unknown. (Emphasis added).

Mother Pleads for Abducted Teen's Return: 'I Miss Her'

Wow --The violence against women in and around Lumberton is frightening. May this young girl be found safe from harm.
hmm..

Megan Oxendine, 28, was found about two city blocks away. Her death came several weeks after she had spoken on the news about Jones’ death

I wonder if this perputrator is targeting women at these events. Im not sure if this is implying that here family attended but we have seen numerous offenders attended these event to blend in. Not sure if the Sunday photo was taken at the event, however someone is on the loose in that small town causing these abductions/murders

Great point, walking the path. I see Walmart label, just didnt appear when the map photo was taken. Also, I feel he is on the cell while walking as the brightness of a cigarette (on camera) is usually that bright for an inahle puff. And in the third frame he is not even putting it to his lips. Its like how youngster talk using speaker mode. This might have been then a planned abduction.
Talking on the speaker phone makes me wonder too about planning. Who would he be talking to in the morning before 7am?? Even early risers don't especially like early-morning phone conversations...unless necessary.

I'm on the fence about planned or random opportunity and I would like to know who he was talking to as he walked along in the early morning. I keep thinking that he likely started on his morning walk when it was still dark. Why?

jmo

Just a quick note to help put the crime rate discussion into perspective. Yes, Lumberton has a high crime rate, but it’s not like everyone is walking around afraid for their lives every day. Looking at the raw data from 2016 (2017 is in the process of being released). There were 393 to 395 violent crimes reported. That number is made up of 9 murders, 5 - 7 rapes, 119 violent robberies and 222 assaults. (Of course rapes are always under reported.). http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Lumberton-North-Carolina.html

This website shows the crime rate by the sections of town: Lumberton, NC Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout

The crime rate in the area that Hania lives is high, but not the highest in the city.

The majority of the violent crimes are drug related. So the people that don’t partispate in the drug culture are rarely victims.

The population is poor and money is a big motivator for crimes like robbery. It is often drug addicts that commit robberies to get their next fix. The robberies that take place are usually done when people are not home. In 2016 there was a surge in robberies after hurricane Matthew when people were in shelters and homes were left empty. There has been another increase in robberies here since Florence hit this year.

Good morning. We just created a media thread yesterday and you may (hopefully) be able to find the video there.

This leads to a post with maps: NC - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, Lumberton, MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

ETA: Glad to see you here, SharonNeedles. :)

Late edit: I think this is the video you're looking for.
Interesting with the dogs barking in the background of this reporter's video. Sounds like a bunch of them and they're loud enough to be heard from where he's standing...He makes light of it a bit "Dog fight-That'll happen."
Are neighbor used to hearing this? Wonder if dogs barked that morning she was taken, when she was taken? Would someone not familiar with area be intimidated by the barking? Just random thoughts that came to me after seeing a post about the tiny bit of levity in this reporter's video.

ETA Video link again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members