Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a couple of random Sunday thoughts:
Did Hanna start the car every morning?
She is 13, probably liked the feeling of getting behind the wheel, thinking about when she would get her license. I think this is normal.
If she did usually start the car, why , on that particular morning, was she told not to? Had the family seen someone hanging around? There had reportedly been some recent crime in the area. Were they just generally uncomfortable with her being alone out in the semi-darkness?
Did Hannah want to go out that morning because she had been doing a little innocent “eye flirting” with someone who she had seen maybe lingering in the tree line in the mornings? Maybe it was someone she knew, but not well. She was probably just getting into boys and thought perhaps this person was “cute” or interesting. She may have been flattered by his attention. She may not have mentioned this to anyone because she knew it would be frowned upon. If this was a predator, he may have been wordlessly gaining her trust with a shy smile or other non verbal connection. It may have allowed him to get fairly close without alarming her. As he got within eyeshot of her trailer, he may have quickly pulled up the bandana and “rushed” her.
If it played out something like this he took a real risk of being noticed on earlier occasions.
On the other hand, a random crime of opportunity seems too coincidental. I can buy the whole idea of wandering around at night looking for a car to break into or steal, but this would very rarely included a kidnapping. The only time we usually see this happening is when a car is left running when someone runs into a store and a child is in the backseat unknown to the thief. I thought maybe this could have happened if Hania slid into the back or passenger side after she started the car, but her sister said she fell as she tried to get away from the abductor and he just shoved her in. Maybe she had stepped into the shadows after starting the car and he didn’t see her until he was right on top of her.
There have been cases when a random victim was taken with their vehicle usually at a mall or someplace where the perp waits for his opportunity. But unless this fellow knows the morning routine at Hania’s house, he could wait forever in dark woods near a trailer park to find a random victim.

And what types of people often commit these crimes? Gang members. Moo. Does it mean all people who commit these crimes are gang members? Of course not. But considering the clear problem in the area and the unique approach of carjacking upon the abduction...

We need to strongly look at MO here. What types of people commit carjacking most commonly? Gang-ish types, moo. What type of person would likely have a bandana handy to put over his face? A gang-ish type. Moo.

Magz, girl, you know I respect your opinion and experience and I think you often have great insight and ideas. However, I have to disagree here. LE have said they have nothing to indicate this crime is gang related. They found the car and Hania wasn't in it. Respectfully, I don't think he wanted the car. Hania was not let out on a corner somewhere once the man was safely away (or else she would have been found). He had no reason to force her into the car if he only wanted the car. He didn't need a hostage to insure his escape from somewhere. No other major crimes (that we know about) happened right before he took Hania. I think the carjacking was simply a handy means of taking Hania away quickly. I think she was the target, not the car.

Do you remember the little 4 year old who was abducted from SC after the man beat and raped her mom? We were talking about it in Jayme's thread. I don't know if you got a chance to read that case or not, anyway-- The 4 year old was taken away in a stolen car too-- but it wasn't stolen from her family it was stolen from the perp's "girlfriend," who is still missing. My point is, it is not uncommon for an abductor to steal a car to commit his crime. The only thing in this case that is unusual is that the car was also the family vehicle and happened to be already running with no adults in or near it and a child was standing right there. He took a big risk, but it's possible he simply saw an opportunity to abduct Hania with the car and took it. JMO.

As for the bandanna, migrant workers or people who do heavy labor wear and carry bandanas. If you have ever worked in the sun in 100 degree temps with 95% humidity you would want to have something to wipe the sweat from your brow or keep your sweat-drenched hair out of your face. If you have ever worked a landscaping job or a farm job you might want a bandana to cover your nose and mouth in case the wind shifts, so you don't end up tasting chemicals or breathing in dust and debris from a leave blower. It's very common for a laborer to carry something like that IME. Criminals in warm climate rural areas realize this is a common item to own and it is also handy for concealing their identify (they might even be laborers by day and criminals at night). Criminals will use them when robbing banks or other crimes where they don't want their face on camera. Just google "bank robber wore bandana" (or bandanna-- it's spelled both ways) and you will see many cases where LE is asking for help ID'ing the suspect.

Finally, locals have reported that people in the area doing hurricane clean up handed out free bandanas. I did a search and found articles showing at least two hurricane clean up volunteer groups that wore yellow for their group colors. I didn't see any yellow bandanas (so I'm not going to link to the MSM as they may not be relevant and there is no need to name volunteer groups IMO) but that is not to say they didn't hand out yellow bandanas while their groups were in town. Most the media coverage focused on the more essential items given out like food and water, and repairing damage. MOO.

I also wanted to comment on the bandana. I don't think it implies gang activity at all. I mean, it could, but there are many reasons people have bandanas. I'm near the California wild fires. I usually walk to work early in the morning. I will be walking with a bandana over my face tomorrow morning. I got it at a booth I visited at a local event in a goodie bag and held on to it in case it would be useful at some point. Guess what color it is? Yellow. I've never been involved in any gang activity. Obviously this man is involved in nefarious activities, but I don't like jumping straight to gangs. This seems to happen a lot, and personally, in following abduction cases, I have rarely seen gangs involved.

Yes, there are many reasons people have bandanas. I doubt however he had a bandana for any other reason than to disguise his face during a criminal act. I don’t think wearing a bandana during a wildfire is applicable here...Unless he just happens to maybe already wear a bandana, say on his head. Like I used to do when I worked in the kitchen or when I’m in biker mode. And then this running car with a girl in it just happens to be running so he pulls out his bandana that he happens to have in his possession for non criminal purposes...not buying it, moo, but I guess it’s possible.

Let me be clear here. I am not saying he is in a gang. I am saying his actions (carjacking and wearing a bandana) reflect the MO of one who possibly has ties to a gang, past or present, and that the clearly the area has a gang problem.

Anxiously awaiting the next presser.

As for the color thing, that has not been a focus of mine as that is an identifying factor if color related that I’m not sure he would want to put out there.

—-

As I’ve stated before we have obviously seen predator abductions. How many carjack? This is classic behavior of someone who might have been in a gang before, moo. Does it mean he’s definitely a gang, no. Just looking at the MO which is unique. Maybe carjackings happens all the time by someone who has never been in a gang? I don’t know, I’m trying to study and learn about it.

Last edited:
RSFF

I think it’s quite likely the POI walking is a potential witness, not the suspect we’re looking for.

I have wanted to explore this, so just jumping off your post, can we see any timestamps on when he would have been walking in front of the mobile home park? I wonder if we can estimate his pace? If he continued walking straight up that road and past the Food Lion would the stolen vehicle with Hania in it have passed the walking man? Perhaps they are only trying to figure out where the abductor turned next so they can narrow down the search location for Hania? On the other hand, it seems unusual to release so much video footage of a person they are only trying to ID as a witness. I have to think about whether other cases have released so much before only to try to find a witness. Usually I think of cases where they say things like "there was a man walking by this area and we think he might have seen something, please contact us if you were there, blah blah... There might be a still photo from a video released. This is 3 videos of him walking and it seems vital that he is ID'd. And if he is not the abductor, where did the abductor come from? Already in the mobile home park? IDK what to make of it if he is not covertly a POI/Suspect. You may be right with your other speculation that he could be an accomplice. JMO.

Magz, girl, you know I respect your opinion and experience and I think you often have great insight and ideas. However, I have to disagree here. LE have said they have nothing to indicate this crime is gang related. They found the car and Hania wasn't in it. Respectfully, I don't think he wanted the car. Hania was not let out on a corner somewhere once the man was safely away (or else she would have been found). He had no reason to force her into the car if he only wanted the car. He didn't need a hostage to insure his escape from somewhere. No other major crimes (that we know about) happened right before he took Hania. I think the carjacking was simply a handy means of taking Hania away quickly. I think she was the target, not the car.

Do you remember the little 4 year old who was abducted from SC after the man beat and raped her mom? We were talking about it in Jayme's thread. I don't know if you got a chance to read that case or not, anyway-- The 4 year old was taken away in a stolen car too-- but it wasn't stolen from her family it was stolen from the perp's "girlfriend," who is still missing. My point is, it is not uncommon for an abductor to steal a car to commit his crime. The only thing in this case that is unusual is that the car was also the family vehicle and happened to be already running with no adults in or near it and a child was standing right there. He took a big risk, but it's possible he simply saw an opportunity to abduct Hania with the car and took it. JMO.

As for the bandanna, migrant workers or people who do heavy labor wear and carry bandanas. If you have ever worked in the sun in 100 degree temps with 95% humidity you would want to have something to wipe the sweat from your brow or keep your sweat-drenched hair out of your face. If you have ever worked a landscaping job or a farm job you might want a bandana to cover your nose and mouth in case the wind shifts, so you don't end up tasting chemicals or breathing in dust and debris from a leave blower. It's very common for a laborer to carry something like that IME. Criminals in warm climate rural areas realize this is a common item to own and it is also handy for concealing their identify (they might even be laborers by day and criminals at night). Criminals will use them when robbing banks or other crimes where they don't want their face on camera. Just google "bank robber wore bandana" (or bandanna-- it's spelled both ways) and you will see many cases where LE is asking for help ID'ing the suspect.

Finally, locals have reported that people in the area doing hurricane clean up handed out free bandanas. I did a search and found articles showing at least two hurricane clean up volunteer groups that wore yellow for their group colors. I didn't see any yellow bandanas (so I'm not going to link to the MSM as they may not be relevant and there is no need to name volunteer groups IMO) but that is not to say they didn't hand out yellow bandanas while their groups were in town. Most the media coverage focused on the more essential items given out like food and water, and repairing damage. MOO.

Hi G :wave:

“LE have said they have nothing to indicate this crime is gang related.”
(Haven’t seen this quote and did not know it had even been mentioned)

I don’t think he wanted the car either. But I think chances are likely he has stolen a car before.

Again I want to make a clear distinction. There is one perp who abducted her that we know of. This is not a gang who abducted her but rather a sick individual, likely with sick motives. I am not saying this is a gang related crime. I’m saying his MO and behavior is similar to that of one who maaaay be in a gang or have past or present gang affiliations. When I hear “carjacking and bandana”, I think of a gang member and that is my first association, moo. But I’ve never had to think about any of this until now so everything is all a learning process... So a guy could just have a possible history of carjacking and wearing bandanas over his face during the commission of a crime, say like a classic bank robber, and not have gang affiliations. Or just be a day laborer and happen to have his bandana available and when he saw a car and a girl he just happened to think, “oh let me put this over my face.” It just seems coincidental to me that his vibe ia gangish to me and then upon further research it seems the county is infested with them. Again maybe carjackers who wear bandanas have never been in a gang. Fair enough.

Whatever the case my thoughts have been expressed as to his possible profile and history based on his MO and disguise. End of the gang discussion on my end. Still do not understand why everyone thinks it’s such a stretch considering the carjacking MO, but okay. I guess non gang people who wear bandanas over their faces could car jack too. :)

This is a good time to go listen to @gitana on the radio—been so busy here I haven’t had a chance yet. :)

Looking forward LE’s next communication.

Last edited:
I feel it is not uncommon for laundromats to have cameras both inside and out. Of course, I don't know for sure if these 2 do or not.

Not sure why I am stuck on the laundromat thing, I guess I just feel it could be a place that perp and Hania and her family could have crossed paths. I have also considered a washing machine repair man, due to the proximity of walker to both laundromats.

All just an angle to consider.

When you said laundromat I was thinking they were 24 hour ones. I was thinking that homeless people hang out in the all night laundromats sometimes to stay warm. And homeless criminals might go there to look for their victims. Like that Ohio Serial killer did. Shawn Grate attempted to lure victims he met at the laundromat back to a vacant house he had broken into.
If the laundromats in Lumberton are not 24/hr that might throw out the idea of a homeless perp using them at night, but it still might be the case that the perp did his laundry or bought his groceries at the same places as Hania's family. Perhaps he saw her around and stalked her prior to this attack. JMO.

Ok so maybe the carjacking and bandana doesn’t necessarily mean he has past or present gang ties. Maybe criminals carjack sometimes and have zero gang ties?

Upstream I posted some studies on carjacking, and an older article had said it was still a relatively understudied crime. I don’t think I posted that because I was looking to see what research has been since that.

I’m going to do an experiment here.

I’m going to randomly google the last 10 carjacking arrests in Denver here and see how many of them actually ended up having gang ties.

I will let you know the results of my study in a concise statement so not as to get too much off topic.

It may very well turn out that car jacking commonly occurs with out a past or present ties to a gang.

I’m interested to see how this will turn out. We will see. I am always ready to get schooled. For me, the learning process is always valuable.

ETA:

Unfortunately many articles aren’t giving out a lot of suspect information...

—-
Here’s an alternate approach.

Looking up carjacking and gangs link and A LOT is coming up. A LOT. Pages.

“Frosh said the teens made up a violent, organized carjacking ring and said they were a gang that terrorized communities across Baltimore City and county for four months last year.

"We see these small groups establish these patterns and, unfortunately, these patterns of carjackings wreak havoc across Baltimore City," said Baltimore interim police commissioner Gary Tuggle.“

4 teens arrested in connection with 26 Baltimore City, county carjackings, officials say
—-

Ventura man convicted of gang-related carjacking

I’m not going to post more carjacking case links as this so as to not get off topic, but my point is that the crime of carjacking in itself is very often linked to gangs, imo. Not sure what the stats on this are.

What would the FBI or other/LE say about the profile of a carjacker? Still looking.

—-

Another question, IF LE suspects he miiight or cooould have past or present gang ties, would they even release this? That might make people even moooore afraid to come forward.

ETA: I’ve just sent a text to a dear friend who is a very very high ranking retired member of LE to ask what his opinion is on how high the chances are that a person who commits a carjacking with a bandana over his face has past or present ties to a gang in his opinion. Waiting on answer, will Iikely have a response early in the morning as he goes to bed early.

Everything is Jmo and speculative brainstorming.

Now you are talking! Good thinking to try to look that up. I think many criminals steal cars in order to commit other crimes and they don't have to be gang members to think this up. If they commit a crime in their own car it can be linked back to them. If they steal a car first and then go rob someone or kill someone then the car cannot be as easily traced back to them. JMO. It will be interesting to see what your retired LEO friend says. :)

I am not saying this is a gang related crime. I’m saying his MO and behavior is similar to that of one who maaaay be in a gang or have past or present gang affiliations. When I hear “carjacking and bandana”, I think of a gang member and that is my first association, moo.
Snipped by me.

I hear ya and I'm with you. I don't think this was a gang crime in that it was some gang initiation, but, rather, that the perp was, perhaps, a gang member. I'm not 100% sure of that, of course, but I do consider it a possibility. And I had the same reaction to the yellow bandanna as you did because I wondered if it was a gang "colors." We've since learned that bandannas are in an abundance in the area and locals aren't particularly concerned about gang color flashes. Okay, I hear that too.

IMO, it's worthwhile to consider gang in the sense you described - the perp might be a gang-member (not that he was committing a crime for the gang).

But I also think he might not have anything to do with a gang. That is also a possibility. Just a lone perp on the prowl, as seen in the video (if that is the perp).

jmopinion

Last edited:
I used to travel thru Lumberton and Fayetteville frequently- was told to always stay at hotels with interior corridors if traveling alone. I stayed once where the doors opened directly to the outside and I was on the ground level. The clerk told me to push something (like a table or dresser) in front of the door. I did not get much sleep.

Yikes! :eek: Umm... I would be asking for a refund and driving down the road a little further! As long as we are on the subject of hotels-- are there any hotels near where the man was walking? Hotels are 24/7 operations and workers could be getting off or going to work at anytime. Or he could live in a hotel like the one you described.

Yikes! :eek: Umm... I would be asking for a refund and driving down the road a little further! As long as we are on the subject of hotels-- are there any hotels near where the man was walking? Hotels are 24/7 operations and workers could be getting off or going to work at anytime. Or he could live in a hotel like the one you described.

Good train of thought, G.

Now you are talking! Good thinking to try to look that up. I think many criminals steal cars in order to commit other crimes and they don't have to be gang members to think this up. If they commit a crime in their own car it can be linked back to them. If they steal a car first and then go rob someone or kill someone then the car cannot be as easily traced back to them. JMO. It will be interesting to see what your retired LEO friend says. :)

(I said all that before you reemed me hahahahaha)

(Hey there’s no way we can all agree on everything all the time :floorlaugh: )

Moving on, so yeah what about motels?

Hi G :wave:

“LE have said they have nothing to indicate this crime is gang related.”
(Haven’t seen this quote and did not know it had even been mentioned)

I don’t think he wanted the car either. But I think chances are likely he has stolen a car before.

Again I want to make a clear distinction. There is one perp who abducted her that we know of. This is not a gang who abducted her but rather a sick individual, likely with sick motives. I am not saying this is a gang related crime. I’m saying his MO and behavior is similar to that of one who maaaay be in a gang or have past or present gang affiliations. When I hear “carjacking and bandana”, I think of a gang member and that is my first association, moo. But I’ve never had to think about any of this until now so everything is all a learning process... So a guy could just have a possible history of carjacking and wearing bandanas over his face during the commission of a crime, say like a classic bank robber, and not have gang affiliations. Or just be a day laborer and happen to have his bandana available and when he saw a car and a girl he just happened to think, “oh let me put this over my face.” It just seems coincidental to me that his vibe ia gangish to me and then upon further research it seems the county is infested with them. Again maybe carjackers who wear bandanas have never been in a gang. Fair enough.

Whatever the case my thoughts have been expressed as to his possible profile and history based on his MO and disguise. End of the gang discussion on my end. Still do not understand why everyone thinks it’s such a stretch considering the carjacking MO, but okay. I guess non gang people who wear bandanas over their faces could car jack too. :)

This is a good time to go listen to @gitana on the radio—been so busy here I haven’t had a chance yet. :)

Looking forward LE’s next communication.

*waving back*

I posted links to the media thread earlier- it comes from the press conferences.
See these two posts in the media thread for sources/quotes:

"Investigators say there is no indication Hania was targeted or that her abduction is gang-related."
NC - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, Lumberton, MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

"They are following all logical leads, they don’t have any information to indicate any gang activity involved in her disappearance."
NC - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, Lumberton, MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

(Enjoy your WS radio with the ever awesome Gitana :) )

(I said all that before you reemed me hahahahaha)

(Hey there’s no way we can all agree on everything all the time :floorlaugh: )

Moving on, so yeah what about motels?

Sorry, I was behind. :oops: Next time I will try to read the whole thread first.
Was not meant to be a reeming... Only expressing a difference of opinion. :)
Yes, let's move on. ;)

It seems like most the hotels and motels are along I-95, at least that is what google is telling me: https://www.google.com/travel/hotel...iZXJ0b24aGAoKMjAxOC0xMS0yMBIKMjAxOC0xMS0yMVIA

Closest one seems to be 2.9 miles away: Google Maps

This could fit with the walking man's route as he was first found on video walking near Lambreth Street.

Last edited:
*waving back*

I posted links to the media thread earlier- it comes from the press conferences.
See these two posts in the media thread for sources/quotes:

"Investigators say there is no indication Hania was targeted or that her abduction is gang-related."

"They are following all logical leads, they don’t have any information to indicate any gang activity involved in her disappearance."

(Enjoy your WS radio with the ever awesome Gitana :) )

(Oh my gosh don’t get me started on how LE fibs sometimes in PCs for specific strategical purposes hahaa. Do I think that’s the case here? Not necessarily. We will let this rest indeed but do know that I had asked upstream that even Iffffff LE suspected this, would they say that anyway because it might make people even more afraid to come forward.)

Thanks G for the very important quote that I missed.
—-

ETA: Well I’ll be darned. Look what we have here, ties to Red Springs (not saying there is any relation to the perp, just mentioning the irony considering our discussion earlier about Red Springs when someone called me on that too and I had to write why that place was potentially on my radar.) What a coincidence...

Community leans on faith as search continues for Lumberton teen Hania Aguilar

“RED SPRINGS, N.C. (WNCN) - Hania Aguilar’s family and friends are leaning on their faith. They gathered at St. Andrew's Catholic Church in Red Springs Friday for a prayer service.

The coordinator at the church, Juan Crovetto, said Hania’s mother called him on Monday morning from the police department and asked the congregation to pray for the 13-year-old's safe return. That's what they've been doing ever since.”

Snip

“St. Andrew's holds a prayer service every Friday evening. Hania and her family usually attend.”

I don’t understand your thought process here margarita. I don’t think Red Springs has anything to do with this situation. It’s a very small town with its own crime. We have enough criminals here in Lumberton to consider. Don’t need to import any from out of town.

Last edited:
What is up with the streetview preview image when I google map the Rosewood Mobile Home park? I see a man up a tree: Google Maps

Photo says it's from Nov 2016, so it's not related to this year's hurricanes.
Probably nothing but thought it was strange...

ETA: The reviews say a lot too... I really feel for the innocents who have no better/safer place to live. :(

And what happened there in Oct 2017?
See pic of police with riot shields walking through an overgrown field: Google Maps

Last edited:
What is up with the streetview preview image when I google map the Rosewood Mobile Home park? I see a man up a tree: Google Maps

Photo says it's from Nov 2016, so it's not related to this year's hurricanes.
Probably nothing but thought it was strange...

ETA: The reviews say a lot too... I really feel for the innocents who have no better/safer place to live. :(

And what happened there in Oct 2017? See pic of police with riot shields walking through an overgrown field: Google Maps

The photos aren't taken by the Google car; they're just photos and reviews from contributors. Sometimes the photos have more to do with the contributor than with the area on the map.
reviewer2.pngreviewer1.png

Good morning. We just created a media thread yesterday and you may (hopefully) be able to find the video there.

This leads to a post with maps: NC - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, Lumberton, MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

ETA: Glad to see you here, SharonNeedles. :)

Late edit: I think this is the video you're looking for.
In a brief moment of levity during that news video,

I was under the impression that the rule is not to bring gangs into the comments on WS.

The fact that she said “the men came in and they took her away” has been bothering me from day one, too.

I have used phrases like this used by accusers to defend clients.

"They made me go with them" or "I was afraid of them" but the accuser only blamed ONE person that they knew well. The accuser had no history of using "they" or "them" in that manner and only speaks one language. There was no reasonable explanation for why it would not have been "he" and "him" when you are accusing a specific male known to you.

It was clear to everyone that it was a "slip up" where the truth was told unintentionally.

So I am totally on board with these types of things normally. However, in this particular case I just can't put that much into the little sister's words. Between speaking two languages, the trauma and emotion, the accents and speech differences in the area, the pressure she must be under and trying to translate in her head... I just can't put that much weight behind a couple of her words.

“I'm of the opinion that he may have been ready to attempt another crime such as burglary, a drug deal or even car theft and found her waiting outside. Voilà a golden opportunity for him. Sexual motive but not necessarily planned, or at least not her specifically. jmo, of course.”

This is plausible, imo.

Yes, it is. We've seen it happen.
Riley Fox.
Heather Dawn Church.
Both abducted and killed in what started out as a burglary.

LE have not called him a suspect. He might just be an innocent man walking to work at that hour. There is a chicken processing plant across the street from Food Lion. Or he could have been walking to the 24 hr Walmart market that is on Elizabethtown Road.

In general, people around here are very much afraid of the “law”.

I think it's certainly possible that this was a guy on his way to work. Giving the timing and many places around there opening within the hour. Perhaps he was going to work at Food Lion or Walmart and planned to eat breakfast before his shift started? It's certainly just as possible as him being the suspect.

We need to consider that if he left Hania's body somewhere, it isn't necessarily where the vehicle was found.

Video of the vehicle from that morning is crucial. What route did he take to get to the SUV hiding place? Are there wooded or abandoned areas on the route?

jmopinion

Stopping an additional time in the stolen vehicle with a victim seems very risky. Though, perhaps that's what this guy thrives on because the whole thing was incredibly risky.

What would be urgent enough to need the extra speed and expense of a chopper instead of just driving it up? Isn't it only about 4-5 hours to Quantico from Lumberton?

Honestly, I think anything having to do with this case may be that urgent. Especially if they believe that she is alive. Time is of the essence in that case and they'd need to identify him fast. I actually think this might indicate they believe she is alive. A few hours isn't nearly as important if you know they are deceased. Yes, evidence... but would that justify the additional cost? A live victim certainly would be justification.

Speculation, but perhaps the simple reason the aunt asked her not to warm up the car is because she was low on gas that day?

Maybe. I wonder if that might explain the vehicle's dump location. If the gas light came on fairly quickly he may have had to find a spot and knew about that one. Though I don't think dumping it there was unplanned so that's hard for me to believe.

BBM
I'm starting to think this too.
Apparently this is a crime ridden area and residents aren't likely to trust LE. The person walking may have committed other crimes, possibly has a warrant, affiliates with criminals, etc. but he isn't going to come forward. I think that's pretty clear at this point.
The time Hania and her family left for school was routine. It would make sense someone that knew this watched and waited for the right time and it finally happened. I'll bet the person who took her lives nearby. jmo.

I would be terrified if the cops were walking around like that, knocking on doors and trying to talk to me. I'm perfectly innocent but I do not like or trust many cops. Given the culture of the area, I would be more surprised if people were not avoiding them.

Perhaps they should make an announcement that they are NOT interested in minor crimes, citizenship status or anything else. Their only concern is finding Hania. Many still wouldn't believe them.... but maybe worth a try.

Just a couple of random Sunday thoughts:
Did Hania start the car every morning?
She is 13, probably liked the feeling of getting behind the wheel, thinking about when she would get her license. I think this is normal.
If she did usually start the car, why , on that particular morning, was she told not to? Had the family seen someone hanging around? There had reportedly been some recent crime in the area. Were they just generally uncomfortable with her being alone out in the semi-darkness?
RSnippedBM.

IMHO we have a dilemma. This perp is either very luckily random, or has planned this all out. And knowing that random things might happen, this feels too targeted. To me, anyway. There is no way this perp came out of nowhere. He appears to be right where he wanted to be.

Do we know if LE preserved the scene where they found the abandoned (stolen) car?

Were they able to determine the number of people around the SUV, from any possible footprints, or indentations, nearby? I didn't see anything covered in any of the articles.

Police find SUV used in missing NC teen’s abduction

Do we know if LE checked photos/videos of any cars traveling near the SUV? Was it perhaps being followed?

It's this nagging feeling I'm having, about a possible accomplice. Someone in the perp's car. He gets out, abducts Hania, steals the SUV. The accomplice follows the perp to the spot where they dropped the SUV. They all leave in the perp's car. This might appear far fetched. Quite likely random thoughts, searching for an answer, that helps us reunite Hania with her family, and friends.

I’m thinking someone wouldn’t steal a car naturally for abduction purposes unless they had already done so before.

As obvious as it sounds, I think this guy has a history of car jacking. Not really an epiphany, or is it?

M.O. is strong here. And again bandana.

As I said earlier on I think we very likely could be looking for a suspect with gang ties. Moo.
The suspect could alternatively worn the bandana as a disguise and to point the finger at gang members, while actually not related to gangs himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member