Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it sounds like LE believes someone near the mobile park/Quincey Dr knows something and/or the perp. It also sounds like they don’t believe they have spoken to everyone who lives in the park or in the area where the SUV was found.

IMO the message they are sending is, “you can run but you can’t hide, we are in your neighborhood.” Anyone else getting the same vibe?

Good point. Interesting that they haven't spoken to everyone...is someone refusing to talk? hiding? lieing?

So, the thoughts I have about the laundromat have been many.

- Is this where Hania and her family did laundry?

-Did perp do laundry there?

-Did perp work there? The one closest to the her trailer opens at 7am, per google.

-Did the laundromat have cameras?

-Is it a coincidence that there is also a laundromat near where perp was seen on Lambeth.

Laundromats have always creeped me out! Sorry.
The laundromat between Lambeth and the mobile home park has at least one camera from what I can tell. Maybe more.

Map from Lambeth to the mobile home park which includes the laundromat:
Google Maps

Laundry Express 3381 E Elizabethtown Rd, Lumberton, NC 28358
Google Maps
Laundry Express Elizabethtown Rd Camera.jpg Laundry Express Elizabethtown Rd.jpg.png

I really don't know that he came prepared, though if he was hiding in the wooded area it's definitely possible. He didn't need to be prepared in this case though...he could use something he had on him...a hoodie..a jacket..to throw over her head. Also he could use the car itself and bang her head into the dash as he pushed her into the car. That would be enough to subdue her imo

ETA Also his size and strength in comparison to hers, element of surprise and shock, though reportedly she had time to scream. Sister couldn't hear what she was saying after that. Maybe he did throw something over her head or at least his hand over her mouth.

"Aguilar’s little sister, Heylin Perez, was in the house at the time and saw what happened.

“Out of nowhere the man came in and they took her away. She fell and screamed and we couldn’t hear what she told us and then we went over there and we didn’t know what happened," Perez said"
Whether he was looking to commit a crime that morning or not, he could have been carrying a weapon just due to it being a high-crime area. He could have showed her a gun or a knife and told her to do what he said "or else." MOO
Crime data: These are the 10 most dangerous cities in North Carolina :: WRAL.com

She has been found.
I grew up in Beaumont California. In 1996 Anthony Martinec was abducted. I was only 16 at the time but I remember going to city hall and making yellow ribbons and printing fliers. He was later found killed and his killer was not found for another 10 or so years later. In those ten years he abducted and killed another young girl and then an entire family while abducting another little boy and the boys sister. He later killed the little boy in front of his sister. Thankfully the sister was rescued and the prep was brought to justice .But it breaks my heart!
That is the Shasta Groene case correct? I fear that is what happened in the Jayme Closs case as well.

It sounds to me like the perp is very close to the mobile home park - either lives/lived there, has family/friends there, or is staying there temporarily (works there?). He walks with purpose but not urgency - as if he knows where he's going but without concern or anxiety. I think he is there now (as in around there in the last few days) and is hiding out there with someone. Someone is harboring him and is aware of what he has done. Maybe he's hiding out elsewhere lately, but he has been there recently. The family of Hania may even know of him or have seen him around.

I also think he was prepared and had a plan. Possibly has had a plan for a long time. Maybe he's had failed previous attempts that no one has witnessed. I think he knew Hania's routine and the routines of others in the park. I think he was on a trail and unseen until she started the car. I think it was random and pure habit that she started the car. He knew she started the car and waited until she did to abduct her and carjack the car.

Good point. Interesting that they haven't spoken to everyone...is someone refusing to talk? hiding? lieing?

I grew up in Beaumont California. In 1996 Anthony Martinec was abducted. I was only 16 at the time but I remember going to city hall and making yellow ribbons and printing fliers. He was later found killed and his killer was not found for another 10 or so years later. In those ten years he abducted and killed another young girl and then an entire family while abducting another little boy and the boys sister. He later killed the little boy in front of his sister. Thankfully the sister was rescued and the prep was brought to justice .But it breaks my heart!

(Really? This could be good case reference for Jayme Closs’ thread. (It’s not as common to see no victim gender and age preference) but killing an entire family during an abduction? I’m going make a note in Jayme’s thread. Thank for you this poopybilly.

ETA: I see above this is SG, already discussed there.)

Last edited:
The laundromat between Lambeth and the mobile home park has at least one camera from what I can tell. Maybe more.

Map from Lambeth to the mobile home park which includes the laundromat:
Google Maps

Laundry Express 3381 E Elizabethtown Rd, Lumberton, NC 28358
Google Maps
View attachment 155175 View attachment 155174
When does the laundromat open for business? Early morning? 24 hours?

What if he had a load of laundry going and had nothing else to do but walk around that morning while the wash was in the machine? Then he committed a crime of opportunity when he spotted Hania.

He might not have had any sense of urgency to return to get his laundry while he committed the crime. If you don't take your clothes out of the machines at the end of the cycle they will sit there until someone takes them out and leaves on a table or in a basket. (I once forgot an entire load of laundry at a laundromat during college and it took a week to notice. When I went back, my clothes were in a bag behind the counter.)

Just a thought that popped in my head reading the recent posts about the laundromat.

jmo

What if he had a load of laundry going and had nothing else to do but walk around that morning while the wash was in the machine? Then he committed a crime of opportunity when he spotted Hania.

He might not have had any sense of urgency to return to get his laundry while he committed the crime. If you don't take your clothes out of the machines at the end of the cycle they will sit there until someone takes them out and leaves on a table or in a basket. (I once forgot an entire load of laundry at a laundromat during college and it took a week to notice. When I went back, my clothes were in a bag behind the counter.)

Just a thought that popped in my head reading the recent posts about the laundromat.

jmo
I didn't look at hours of operation, I was more interested if there were cameras. If he was doing laundry, I think he'd be doing it at one of the laundromats closer to Lambeth or wherever he originally came from. I think there were a couple over in that area.

You're very lucky your clothes were still there, lol! MOO

Good job. I've been trying to figure that out as well. With the video from the reporter you can certainly see woods behind the mobile home so it did seem to be located on a cul-de-sac.

If male on video is actually the perpetrator then it's possible he still walked there and turned down the first street off Hornet, then cut though the woods or someone's yard to Hania's home.

I'm of the opinion that he may have been ready to attempt another crime such as burglary, a drug deal or even car theft and found her waiting outside. Voilà a golden opportunity for him. Sexual motive but not necessarily planned, or at least not her specifically. jmo, of course.

On another note, perhaps he has been around before and noticed her at the bus stop...any posts about where that is? Far enough away that she needed to be driven, or unsafe neighborhood that she needed to be driven.

“I'm of the opinion that he may have been ready to attempt another crime such as burglary, a drug deal or even car theft and found her waiting outside. Voilà a golden opportunity for him. Sexual motive but not necessarily planned, or at least not her specifically. jmo, of course.”

This is plausible, imo.

Is there documented gang activity in Lumberton. Or is that a guess?

I’ve posted many articles on the gang problems the area faces.

Car jacking and bandana M.O., major gang problems in the area, hardly a stretch imo that this guy might possibly have past or present gang ties.

One post (out of many) for reference:

Robeson County is one of most violent in state | N.C. Academic Center for Excellence

—-

City task force targeting gangs | Robesonian

“LUMBERTON — Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill says a Special Enforcement team formed last month to crack down on gang activity has reduced crime overall in the city, and he hopes to take the initiative countywide.“

Snip

““We concentrated on Lumberton because we were having so many shootings, so many homicides … we just need to try to do this thing countywide,” he said.“

Snip

“Leon Burden, the executive director of Colors of Life, a gang prevention program, says the gang problem stretches to each corner of the county, estimating Robeson is home to more than 2,000 gang members of all allegiances.

“You’ve got Crips, you’ve got Bloods, you’ve got MS-13, you’ve got Latin Kings,” Burden said. “That’s just a few.”

According to Burden, gangs gained a foothold in Robeson County in the 1980s as a means to protect each neighborhood. Now, the focus has turned to selling drugs, and with drugs, come guns.“

—-

Robeson county gangs climb to more than 60

“Off of Martin Luther King Junior drive, a gang investigator told News 13 that the area is the most well-known gang area in the county. He had a list of known gang members totaling more than 500 members but he estimated there were several hundred more.“

(How far is Red Springs? Just wondering.

ETA:
19.5 miles (I like it)

Bus route to Red Springs?
Lumberton NC Bus Station | Greyhound

——

MS-13 a threat to North Carolina

“MS -13 is involved in drug trafficking, robbery, larceny, human trafficking, extortion, racketeering, kidnapping, and arms trafficking. They have allies in the Mexican drug cartels and they are brutal and unforgiving.

Gang members are known by the tattoos that cover their bodies, including their faces.

As former Gov. Pat McCrory pointed out to me, North Carolina’s vast interstate network of highways and our explosive population growth has allowed MS-13 to spread into rural and urban areas in our state.“

—-

'We have a huge crime problem:' Robeson County sheriff-elect talks plans for combating crime

“"Gangs, guns and drugs are the problem in this county," Wilkins said. "The majority of the crimes are related to one of those three things."
Reports released by the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation show Robeson County leading the state in the number of crimes reported.
In 2016, Robeson County had the highest crime rate of 6,562 per 100,000 residents being victims, and one of the top violent crime rates of 779 out of every 100,000 residents.
Wilkins said it starts with the drug dealers.“

—-

Robeson County - A Deadly County

“What really plagues this community is its murder rate. Twenty-three people for every 100,000 will be murdered in the county, as compared to about seven per 100,000 statewide, according to Department of Justice Statistics.”

snip

“Not only are bandanas an easy way to show gang affiliation they are also easy to remove if the situation calls for it (i.e. if confronted by law enforcement). Gang members are known for wearing bandanas around their face as a mask, or in their pocket, with it sticking out.“

Gang colors - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I didn't look at hours of operation, I was more interested if there were cameras. If he was doing laundry, I think he'd be doing it at one of the laundromats closer to Lambeth or wherever he originally came from. I think there were a couple over in that area.

You're very lucky your clothes were still there, lol! MOO
My Thought is he was cutting over to Food Lion that was set to open at 7:00am. his timing would have set him on course to that area when it open. Saw her instead and the rest is the current situation we are trying to unravel.

“I'm of the opinion that he may have been ready to attempt another crime such as burglary, a drug deal or even car theft and found her waiting outside. Voilà a golden opportunity for him. Sexual motive but not necessarily planned, or at least not her specifically. jmo, of course.”

This is plausible, imo.
Also, I deliver materials as part of my job, and if there is one thing I notice with walkers is this. They walk the same route same times of the day. They can be seen walking or riding bike at least the same course once a week. And they hardly deviate from the course they walk. I wonder as time goes on and the history of video records is reviewed, If this guy is a local.. you might see the same pattern. That or because of the brazenness of this abduction, he has priors with the law. This week, went by in a flash...

Also, I deliver materials as part of my job, and if there is one thing I notice with walkers is this. They walk the same route same times of the day. They can be seen walking or riding bike at least the same course once a week. And they hardly deviate from the course they walk. I wonder as time goes on and the history of video records is reviewed, If this guy is a local.. you might see the same pattern. That or because of the brazenness of this abduction, he has priors with the law. This week, went by in a flash...

Absolutely.

I don't think we do. Give me a few minutes and I will create one.

In the meantime here are other case threads from Lumberton:

We already talked about Abby Patterson: NC - NC - Abby Patterson, 20, Lumberton, 5 Sept 2017

Susan McGirt, missing since July (Silver Alert): NC - NC- Susan Dial McGirt, 55, Lumberton, 4 July 2018 *silver alert*

Eric Evans, missing since July 2017: NC - NC - Eric Evans, 22, Lumberton, 27 July 2017

Stephanie Lewis, missing since 2004: NC - NC - Stephanie Lewis, 21, Lumberton, Oct. 2004

I also found a thread about SA of a 7 year old girl in 2009 (Disclaimer: I have not read the thread, no idea if it can offer insight in this case): NC - Ray Demery for sexual assault of 7yo girl, Lumberton, 2009

(You rock, thanks Gardener as always!)

My Thought is he was cutting over to Food Lion that was set to open at 7:00am. his timing would have set him on course to that area when it open. Saw her instead and the rest is the current situation we are trying to unravel.
Yes, that's possible, but he would have walked right by a Walmart Neighborhood Market on Elizabethtown Rd. Google Maps Why go all the way to Food Lion?

jmo

Per google, Laundry Express on Elizabethtown opens at 7am. Unsure what time the other laundromat by Lambeth opens.

Good job. I've been trying to figure that out as well. With the video from the reporter you can certainly see woods behind the mobile home so it did seem to be located on a cul-de-sac.

If male on video is actually the perpetrator then it's possible he still walked there and turned down the first street off Hornet, then cut though the woods or someone's yard to Hania's home.

I'm of the opinion that he may have been ready to attempt another crime such as burglary, a drug deal or even car theft and found her waiting outside. Voilà a golden opportunity for him. Sexual motive but not necessarily planned, or at least not her specifically. jmo, of course.

On another note, perhaps he has been around before and noticed her at the bus stop...any posts about where that is? Far enough away that she needed to be driven, or unsafe neighborhood that she needed to be driven.

And what types of people often commit these crimes? Gang members. Moo. Does it mean all people who commit these crimes are gang members? Of course not. But considering the clear problem in the area and the unique approach of carjacking upon the abduction...

We need to strongly look at MO here. What types of people commit carjacking most commonly? Gang-ish types, moo. What type of person would likely have a bandana handy to put over his face? A gang-ish type. Moo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members