Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. We just created a media thread yesterday and you may (hopefully) be able to find the video there.

This leads to a post with maps: NC - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, Lumberton, MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

ETA: Glad to see you here, SharonNeedles. :)

Late edit: I think this is the video you're looking for.

Thank you so much PommyMommy and @rainynights for creating the media thread.
You two are awesome! :)

(I was going to add to it more but I got a virus alert on my laptop and had to log off to deal with that-- it seems to be fixed now. Hopefully I can catch up on the thread).

I pretty sure he may have assaulted her and pushed her into the car and told her to get down on the floor board and told her to keep quite and don't move. She likely complied. Just MOO.
(Ted Bundy used a tire iron to knock out his victims.)

All he would need is a roll of duct tape to tie her up and tape her mouth. Put her in the backseat floorboard and cover her with a blanket.

Hey all, I found Hania’s mobile home on the map. Matching the video to Google’s street view, it’s at: 34°38'19.3"N 78°58'22.1"W

Google Maps

I also noted the reporter in the video says the assailant came out of the woods. That’s consistent with the trails locals on here were referring to leading to Food Lion.

The video of the POI was taken West of the mobile home park, the Food Lion is to the East. Not sure if that means anything, but worth noting.

Good job. I've been trying to figure that out as well. With the video from the reporter you can certainly see woods behind the mobile home so it did seem to be located on a cul-de-sac.

If male on video is actually the perpetrator then it's possible he still walked there and turned down the first street off Hornet, then cut though the woods or someone's yard to Hania's home.

I'm of the opinion that he may have been ready to attempt another crime such as burglary, a drug deal or even car theft and found her waiting outside. Voilà a golden opportunity for him. Sexual motive but not necessarily planned, or at least not her specifically. jmo, of course.

On another note, perhaps he has been around before and noticed her at the bus stop...any posts about where that is? Far enough away that she needed to be driven, or unsafe neighborhood that she needed to be driven.

*Snipped for focus*

What’s bothering me now is IF he has gang ties, maybe this crime has escalated beyond single perp and classic abduction and moved into another area of evil. I don’t know, maybe just over thinking things.

LE has said there is nothing to indicate this crime is gang related.
See these two posts in the media thread for sources:

"Investigators say there is no indication Hania was targeted or that her abduction is gang-related."
NC - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, Lumberton, MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

"They are following all logical leads, they don’t have any information to indicate any gang activity involved in her disappearance."
NC - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, Lumberton, MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

(Ted Bundy used a tire iron to knock out his victims.)

All he would need is a roll of duct tape to tie her up and tape her mouth. Put her in the backseat floorboard and cover her with a blanket.

I don't think there was time for that. He pushed her into the car and drove off. Family saw it all and probably ran outside immediately. If he had been taping her first they would have gotten to him in time. jmo

I don't think there was time for that. He pushed her into the car and drove off. Family saw it all and probably ran outside immediately. If he had been taping her first they would have gotten to him in time. jmo
It is possible he threw something over her head though. That would be disorienting enough for the moment. He also would have time to hit her with something once the car took off or even to bang her head against the dash of the car. imo

Is there a media thread yet for Hania? I know we are only on thread
Tagging a couple of our mods to ask for assistance @Whiskers16 @JerseyGirl (I'm not sure if we need permission or a certain number of threads to start a media thread?)
>>>> snipped by borndem <<<<
@PommyMommy @rainynights Are y'all up for moving posts to a media thread yet? I'll help find the links if someone starts a maps and media thread. :)
Wow, Gardener, thanks for the wonderful run-down!
Lots of work and brain cells on your part! A big help. :) ;)

I don’t read too much into the little sister’s comment about the aunt telling Hania not to start the car. It’s sad, but many children are taught by their parents to tell white lies or expand on the truth to protect the family. She might have thought that she needed to protect her aunt. That her sister starting the car was bad and that she didn’t want her Aunt to get in trouble for allowing her to do it.

I’ve seen this many times, while doing disaster recovery work. Especially when the child has been given the role of translator for the adults. The children become very protective of their parents.
It is against JCAHO regulations to use anyone other than certified translators, especilally children. Every hospital is mandated to have a translation services in place.
<modsnip - political >

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job. I've been trying to figure that out as well. With the video from the reporter you can certainly see woods behind the mobile home so it did seem to be located on a cul-de-sac.

If male on video is actually the perpetrator then it's possible he still walked there and turned down the first street off Hornet, then cut though the woods or someone's yard to Hania's home.

I'm of the opinion that he may have been ready to attempt another crime such as burglary, a drug deal or even car theft and found her waiting outside. Voilà a golden opportunity for him. Sexual motive but not necessarily planned, or at least not her specifically. jmo, of course.

On another note, perhaps he has been around before and noticed her at the bus stop...any posts about where that is? Far enough away that she needed to be driven, or unsafe neighborhood that she needed to be driven.
BBM
This is something I've also considered. I would like to know if he is seen on video along that route, same time in the morning, on any kind of regular basis. If so, and her bus stop is along that route, he very well could have seen her at the bus stop and remembered her when he saw her starting the car.
MOO

No, no, of course not. He wouldn't do that in their front yard -- he probably threw her in the backseat and told her lie down in the floorboard, to be quiet, not to move, and threatened her with awful consequences if she did any of that. When he got to a place where he could be out of sight -- behind some building, or on some abandoned dead-end street, etc. -- then he would get her ready for traveling. Hoping that is all he did to her.

It is possible he threw something over her head though. That would be disorienting enough for the moment. He also would have time to hit her with something once the car took off or even to bang her head against the dash of the car. imo
So you think he came prepared to abduct her? How could he know what was available in the car to use. I can’t think of a better way to word this, but this was the most dangerous time for him was throwing her in the car and being able to somehow subdue her and take off. IMO

Last edited:
I was watching the video of the sister She says “The men came in” and “they took her away” . I know she’s only 8 however she used plural twice as In more than one man. I just find it strange that’s all.

1. She is bi-lingual and her family members speak no English, only Spanish in the home. So as this happened her aunt and cousins were probably speaking Spanish. She may be repeating phrases her relatives said but she has to translate in her mind to describe the event in English.

2. I don't know about Lumberton, NC but where I live in the Southern US "they" is often colloquially used to refer to one person. Perhaps the locals can enlighten us on this but I know in my day-to-day informal conversation people I encounter frequently use "they" when they mean a single person. I came from up north and when I first moved here it caused some confusion but after many years living in the Southeastern US I am accustomed to that usage. I have to watch my use of the word "they" here on Websleuths though, lol.

3. As to using "men" vs "man" that may be an accent issue. In the South they don't enunciate the difference between vowel sounds as clearly as in the North (at least to my ears). If someone asks me for a "pen" I have to use context of the conversation to figure out if they mean a writing implement or if they actually want a "pin". Pin and Pen sound identical here. It is a studied language phenomenon and called the "Pin-pen merger" Phonological history of English high front vowels - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I don't usually throw out ideas. I mostly read, occasionally say something factual I think I can answer.

Here's a few cents of mine.... if guy in video walking is who took Hania, I don't think he has his own transportation. If you're going to kidnap someone you'd be better off using your own car I would think. If there are witnesses, they may not get the plates, or description correct and your odds are better in that sense.

So Im going with local. He knows where to dump the car. I also think he lives walking distance whatever that means to him from where he left the car. He could have called for a ride, but that is risky because now a witness can put him too close to the car dump site. I don't buy a gang connection. If he's in a gang I don't think it has anything to do with this. Someone indicated one of the school colors are gold. Ours is the same, and they all wear yellow bandanas on school spirit day.

None if this is fact, all my own opninion, and not really sure it's helpful, but had to get it out. Hoping today is the day Hania comes home.

Wow, Gardener, thanks for the wonderful run-down!
Lots of work and brain cells on your part! A big help. :) ;)

No problem. I didn't sleep for 36 hours straight (life circumstances beyond my control-- everything is fine now and I got a good nights sleep last night) and I had been following Hania's case closely during that time so I remembered a lot of how it had unfolded. A ton happened in this case in 36 hours. I was hoping to wake up today and read that Hania had been found or at least that an arrest had been made. :(
Maybe they got someone and are waiting for Monday morning to announce it? Here's hoping anyway... Is anyone monitoring the jail rosters? I don't know if Lumberton has one, but I think this perp is a local. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member