Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thank you
I assume that is only if you are on a computer? Only because it doesn’t show on my iPhone and that’s the only device I can use for my Websleuths obsession lol
Yes, the post numbers show on my laptop but not on my iPhone. However, if you turn phone to landscape mode, the numbers show up. Hint...they're yellow and can be missed.

@Seattle1 said:
Post #'s are located next to the "like" button in lower right corner.
T

Thank you
I assume that is only if you are on a computer? Only because it doesn’t show on my iPhone and that’s the only device I can use for my Websleuths obsession lol
Thank you it must just be numbered on the computer because it doesn’t show up on my iPhone

Somebody suggested turning your phone to sideways mode and then they show up?

If you turn your phone sideways - the post # should be visible.
Ha! It took me 6 months to learn that the post# are visible in landscape mode or when phone turned sideways... :)

Last edited:
Dear Gardener1850,

I was referring to a person who may have knowledge of this crime/the perpetrator. Not the criminal involved.

Someone who knows who the perpetrator is may contact the police, even anonymously.

It is surprising and greatly fortunate when an individual contacts the police with their knowledge of a violent crime.

Perhaps a person wouldn't call about a stolen vehicle but when the crime involves a young girl , there are times when their conscience won't allow them to withhold the information.

It is not out of the realm of possibilities and I realize I am being hopeful. But it does happen.

Dear Zen, I understand. I was trying to add to your thought, not meaning to contradict you. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was trying to say that I hope the criminal sees people are talking and gets scared by that. Maybe it rarely happens that a criminal turns themselves in, but sometimes they decide they should tell the police their story before someone else tells it for them. Or sometimes a criminal thinks he can deceive police and point towards someone else. If the police talk to everyone he knows and he refuses to speak to police, then he looks suspicious. I hope the perpetrator is among those talking. And I hope he will be caught in his lies or perhaps grow a conscience and tell where Hania is. Trying to be hopeful. :)

Can somebody please clarify how far the bus stop is from her house? Tia.

“Relatives say the eighth-grader went outside last week to start a relative's SUV to prepare to leave for the bus stop. Police say a man then forced her into an SUV and drove off. A witness says the man was dressed in all black and was wearing a yellow bandana.“

#FindHania: Reward in Hania Aguilar's kidnapping rises to $20K

—-

This article says she was getting a ride to school:

“She was waiting outside her home for the rest of the family to get a ride to school. The car belongs to a relative.“

Officials seek to talk to neighbors of Lumberton teen, who has been missing for a week

—-

So which is it, bus stop or school? Tia.

Last edited:
Something else I remembered from today's presser. The FBI wouldn't answer the question about her phone, I hope they have some track of it, probably not now but in the early moments, or at least the perp doesn't know what they know. I thought LE/FBI did a good job today with the update.

Finding Hania: Search Continues Into Second Week For Kidnapped Lumberton Teen
At a news conference Monday, Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill asked community members to recount the morning of and days since the abduction.

“Think through the events of the past week, particularly the morning of Monday, Nov. 5, and consider whether you know anything that would help us,” McNeill said. “Is there someone you know who has suddenly changed their normal behavior? Maybe they haven’t gone to work, haven’t come home or they aren’t answering your calls or text messages.”

Authorities say any tip, no matter how small, can help to find the teenage girl. The FBI says it has received hundreds of tips from the community and reviewed hours of surveillance footage in the past week.

FBI, Lumberton police: Call us if you know anyone who has suddenly changed their behavior
“There are a lot of rumors and misinformation being shared on social media. If the information is not from the Lumberton Police Department, if it’s not from the FBI, then it’s not credible, it’s not reliable, it’s not confirmed, and it’s probably not true," said de la Rocha.

When asked about a timeline of events and possible scenarios in finding Aguilar, de la Rocha said "our approach is that she’s alive" and "we have no evidence that indicates otherwise.”

De la Rocha wouldn't comment on what type of evidence was collected and sent for analysis. However, he did say the person seen walking in the area of where Aguilar went missing on video released last week remains unidentified.

He also said "we don’t ever set a time table on our investigations" when asked if there was a point in which the search would be called off.

‘Desperate’ search for kidnapped NC teen reaches day 8
FBI Supervisory Resident Agent Andy Delarocha urged local residents to step forward if they had any information that could potentially assist the case moving forward. “We have to find Hania,” Delarocha said Monday. “We’re making progress every single day.”

“The person responsible for this - if you’re watching this: We’re coming after you,” the FBI said Friday.

Officials called the search for Hania “desperate” and “relentless.”

FBI officials ask the public to report all tips, even if it’s as simple as noticing a change in someone’s behavior.

Hania lives in the adjacent trailer park? I must have missed that... Any idea how often she stays at her aunts, how long this has been going on, and why?

If this is a random crime of opportunity none of that matters I guess, but I’m still getting the impression Hania was specifically targeted.
And if she lives in an adjacent trailer park with her mom and walked over to have breakfast with her aunt and cousins and get a ride to school, wouldn't she be more susceptible to an abduction then? She could have been spotted and followed then? I don't know the route she would take to get there, or if perhaps the reporting meant the adjacent trailer and not trailer park? I'm a bit more confused at the moment, if that's indeed possible.

The crime listing someone posted was from 2016. Almost 3 years ago. In 2014 , Lumberton created a task force. In the article , I read the gang activity largely focused on money for drugs and were young adults. They did state that the task force was successful in reducing crimes. I could not find any crime statistics for 2017. The murders were usually sex workers who were on drugs or drug related. I didn't see anything about abductions.

None of us know what happened. We are all speculating, but the fact is this was much better prepared "job" than it appeared at first - no real leads, no DNA, no fingerprints, nothing in real value was left behind. Only professional criminal comes to my mind.

When I first mentioned gangs (due to yellow bandana), nobody really wanted to believe me. Yes, of course there is a chance I am wrong, but more and more I am leaning towards organized event by multiple criminals.

Robeson County, where Lumberton is located, is listed as one of the most danger places in NC. The cartels are using these small rural places to bring in drugs and smuggle people to, because their police force is smaller than metro areas.

Now that does not mean she was kidnapped by a gang, but there is definitely a possibility. Look at the Virginia, New Jersey, New York recent cases of Latin American teens going missing, just to find out later it was done by gang members who thought the kids were snitching, or belonged to another gang. The world is getting to be a scary place for children.

I’m near Raleigh for work this week and the highway signs say, “Amber Alert Call 511 For Info”. Assume that’s related to Hania?

I saw the Amber Alert on I-40 this afternoon also. I checked the State of NC active Amber Alert website
NCDPS - AMBER Alert - Active Alerts
It appears some signs are still showing the car info for the now found 3 year old from Gastonia.
There is a Silver Alert for a male with dementia.
The Amber Alert for HA is still noted as being active on the website.

“I was under the impression that the rule is not to bring gangs into the comments on WS.”

There is no rule I’ve heard of that says one can not brainstorm on the possibility of our perp who is still at large possibly having past and present gang affiliations based on his MO of wearing a bandana, carjacking and operating in an area known for extremely high gang activity.

LE has said there is no indication at this time to indicate that this perp has any relationship to gangs so will leave it at that.

—-

“I don't think anyone is suggesting Hania or her family had gang ties but I'm baffled by how much it has been discussed in this thread. JMO.”

Yes, I haven’t read a single post of anyone speculating that Hania has gang ties. Not a single person has said that.

Thats not the point. You don't have to have gang ties to get caught in it. Read the articles of kids in New York and Virginia who had no gang ties, yet were targeted by gangs. We don't know what was behind it, but as there are no clues left behind, whoever did it must have known how to avoid detection. Also the fact dozen police dogs could not trace the person after SUV was dropped off, means there was probably another car (vehicle) waiting.

Reason why gangs come to this post is simply due the FACT Robeson county is one of the most gang infested counties in NC.

Which means - there are gang affiliated children at schools. Which opens up the possibility of her being targeted by someone from a gang.

Whoever did it, was smart enough to cover his/hers/their tracks so that local Police and FBI combined cannot find any leads. Its a heart breaking case any way you look at it. None of us really have any insight info. Its all just guessing and speculation. So why are the gangs off the table, especially if they are in the area?

Can somebody please clarify how far the bus stop is from her house? Tia.

“Relatives say the eighth-grader went outside last week to start a relative's SUV to prepare to leave for the bus stop. Police say a man then forced her into an SUV and drove off. A witness says the man was dressed in all black and was wearing a yellow bandana.“

#FindHania: Reward in Hania Aguilar's kidnapping rises to $20K

—-

This article says she was getting a ride to school:

“She was waiting outside her home for the rest of the family to get a ride to school. The car belongs to a relative.“

Officials seek to talk to neighbors of Lumberton teen, who has been missing for a week

—-

So which is it, bus stop or school? Tia.

I found this image of a bus shelter inside the mobile home park which looks like one that would be used for students waiting for school bus. We have these around our area so to provide a bit of shelter in inclement weather.

Google Maps

Not positive of course that this IS their school bus stop but the locations appears to be at the intersection of Hornet St after leaving Hania's aunt's home. Not that far if this is the case.

I believe the reference of waiting to take her to school implies being taken to the bus stop, not directly to school. Seems others who wait at that stop commented that her car was not there as usual that morning.

One week later, search for Hania Noelis Aguilar continues :: WRAL.com

“WRAL News questioned investigators about three possible scenarios: That she is being held against her well; she is with someone she wants to be with; or she's no longer alive.

Authorities said they are conducting the search based on the premise that the teen is still alive.”

One week later, search for Hania Noelis Aguilar continues :: WRAL.com

“WRAL News questioned investigators about three possible scenarios: That she is being held against her well; she is with someone she wants to be with; or she's no longer alive.

Authorities said they are conducting the search based on the premise that the teen is still alive.”

I wouldn't have thought Hania would have screamed if she was comfortable going with the person who took her.

The thing about H being forced into the car, though, is that definite that she was forced in as opposed to already in the car and the perp shoved her from the driver's side to the passenger side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot