Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't have thought Hania would have screamed if she was comfortable going with the person who took her.

The thing about H being forced into the car, though, is that definite that she was forced in as opposed to already in the car and the perp shoved her from the driver's side to the passenger side?
Her sister said she screamed and fell, and he pushed her in. :(

At the :55 mark in this video, there is a trash receptacle with "38" in what looks like red spray paint on it. It was reported early on that Hania was taken between lots 38 and 39. Which home is lot 38?
Search for missing teen stands at one week :: WRAL.com

View attachment 155314
The report in the bright orange posted (by you?) standing in front of the trailer points specifically to the trailer there in the middle of the photo. He never shows the trailer to the right even though that same car parked there backs up and drives away.

Same trailer as in your photo?

Dear Zen, I understand. I was trying to add to your thought, not meaning to contradict you. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was trying to say that I hope the criminal sees people are talking and gets scared by that. Maybe it rarely happens that a criminal turns themselves in, but sometimes they decide they should tell the police their story before someone else tells it for them. Or sometimes a criminal thinks he can deceive police and point towards someone else. If the police talk to everyone he knows and he refuses to speak to police, then he looks suspicious. I hope the perpetrator is among those talking. And I hope he will be caught in his lies or perhaps grow a conscience and tell where Hania is. Trying to be hopeful. :)

Dear Gardener1850,

We're on the same page. :)

You bring up a great point that perhaps police have already spoken with him and he has tried to deceive or misdirect them.

If this perpetrator is local, I am hoping that a tip about him is provided to the investigative team.

Sometimes all we have is hope. We all hope that the authorities get a break in this case and soon! Who knows where that break is going to come from? DNA or technical data or a tip.

Last edited:
I found this image of a bus shelter inside the mobile home park which looks like one that would be used for students waiting for school bus. We have these around our area so to provide a bit of shelter in inclement weather.

Google Maps

Not positive of course that this IS their school bus stop but the locations appears to be at the intersection of Hornet St after leaving Hania's aunt's home. Not that far if this is the case.

I believe the reference of waiting to take her to school implies being taken to the bus stop, not directly to school. Seems others who wait at that stop commented that her car was not there as usual that morning.
Agree. My guess is that because her trailer was a good distance from the bus stop/shelter, that the family chose to drive her there each morning, and probably picked her up there too after school.

And if she lives in an adjacent trailer park with her mom and walked over to have breakfast with her aunt and cousins and get a ride to school, wouldn't she be more susceptible to an abduction then? She could have been spotted and followed then? I don't know the route she would take to get there, or if perhaps the reporting meant the adjacent trailer and not trailer park? I'm a bit more confused at the moment, if that's indeed possible.
I don't recall hearing or reading anything about the aunt living in a different trailer park. I thought the aunt and Hania's family lived in the same park.

Around here, the high-end shopping mall is often targeted by smash-and-grab thieves. Commonly the thief grabs all the jewelry, expensive handbags, or whatever that they can carry, runs out the nearest door, and takes the first running car they come to. They either throw the driver out or force the driver to take them a short distance where the accomplice is waiting in a second car. (Note this is the singular "they" indicating that the thief's gender is unknown.) They abandon the first car there and head out. (This is the normal plural "they" meaning accomplice and thief.)

I can see that being the case here. Not wedded to the idea however.
What high-end shopping mall? There isn’t one in Lumberton.

I found this image of a bus shelter inside the mobile home park which looks like one that would be used for students waiting for school bus. We have these around our area so to provide a bit of shelter in inclement weather.

Google Maps

Not positive of course that this IS their school bus stop but the locations appears to be at the intersection of Hornet St after leaving Hania's aunt's home. Not that far if this is the case.

I believe the reference of waiting to take her to school implies being taken to the bus stop, not directly to school. Seems others who wait at that stop commented that her car was not there as usual that morning.

That looks like the mailboxes to me. JMO.

Another trailer park? Where did that information come from?

I wonder too. I think there is some confusion. Here is the article with her ID clearly showing where she lives (BBM):

web1_aguilar_ne20181158551853.jpg

Police Capt. Terry Parker said in a statement that Hania Noleia Aguilar, who lives at lot 102 in the Rosewoods Mobile Home Part at 3381 Elizabethown Road, was forced into a green 2002 Ford Expedition at about 7 a.m that the abductor then drove away in the stolen vehicle. It is registered to Velasquez Hernandez of Summerville, S.C, and has a license plate of NWS 984.

The kidnapping occurred between lots 38 and 39 at the mobile home park. The vehicle was last seen leaving the park.

13-year-old girl kidnapped; police seek green Ford Expedition with license tag NWS 984 | Robesonian

That looks like the mailboxes to me. JMO.

I agree it’s mailboxes, not a bus stop. The school bus stop is probably on the corner of Hornet and Elizabethtown Rd, not inside the traitor park. There is so much bullying on the school buses that a lot of parents drive their children to school around here. The school buses just aren’t very reliable.

I agree it’s mailboxes, not a bus stop. The school bus stop is probably on the corner of Hornet and Elizabethtown Rd, not inside the traitor park. There is so much bullying on the school buses that a lot of parents drive their children to school around here. The school buses just aren’t very reliable.
That's where I figured it would be too and was looking for one of these shelter like structures there. Google took me down Hornet and I saw a yellow "Children Crossing" sign and then this structure. Fooled me..

It makes more sense to be out there on the main road so that the bus doesn't have to go all the way into the mobile home park and have to turn back around to exit, and also due to the need to drive kids to the stop. Also may explain cars driving kids there since there is no apparent shelter if the weather is inclement.

I don't recall hearing or reading anything about the aunt living in a different trailer park. I thought the aunt and Hania's family lived in the same park.
Me either...until I read @SharonNeedles response to a post about it. That and another post about her walking to her aunt's house for breakfast. Must be a reporting error and actually is meant to be another mobile home in the same park, near the aunt's. Why would she be driven to a bus stop in the aunt's mobile park if she lived with her mom in a different one. jmo

Me either...until I read @SharonNeedles response to a post about it. That and another post about her walking to her aunt's house for breakfast. Must be a reporting error and actually is meant to be another mobile home in the same park, near the aunt's. Why would she be driven to a bus stop in the aunt's mobile park if she lived with her mom in a different one. jmo
Whether Hania actually lives in the same mobile home park or the adjacent one doesn’t matter so much, I guess I wasn’t aware that her home was such a short walk away. In my mind I’m wondering how her assailant knew of her and knew where/when to find her if this was indeed planned. Personally, based on what we know, I keep flipping back and forth between “planned abduction” and “crime of opportunity”.

Welcome Kristineellen! Thank you for your local insights. I agree, I think the 3 women found deceased under suspicious circumstances are probably unrelated to this case. We have a thread for their case here: Found Deceased - NC - Megan Oxendine, 28, Christina Bennett, 32, and Rhonda Jones, 36, Lumberton, Apr/Jun 2017
I think everyone should at least watch the Inside Edition episode on the 3 women who died (it's in the first post there). It really showed me how much those women were loved by their community and family, even though they had drug issues and had been involved in prostitution. But what also struck me was that they think the 3rd victim may have been murdered because she knew something about the first two. I don't think there is a connection to Hania's abduction but reading about that case could give insight into why people in Lumberton are afraid to speak to the press and afraid to speak to the police. What do you think? Are average citizens who are not undocumented or not criminals also afraid to speak up due to a fear of retaliation from an unknown criminal(s)?

Re BBM
I agree and I had mentioned before that lots of people are generally afraid of contacting LE at all. No matter if people have anything to hide or not it is frightening to lots of people. I think it is because of many different reasons and a few off the top I can think of are

*We dont normally have to interact with LE and the few times we have to interact with them it is mainly a negative experience like getting pulled over.

*The various crime shows on TV always show violent interactions with LE so I think that builds up a natural fear in people. If all people get to see are those shows like COPS then the message we get from those shows is when people and LE mix it is generally a negative interaction and often times it is a violent confrontation.

*For people that have never had any interaction that in itself can cause fear in people because people dont know what to expect. The fear of the unknown.

IMO we have a long ways to go to help the general public get more comfortable in working with our LE in our communities. A long ways to go.

For starters I would like to see more advertisement of guaranteed totally anonymous ways to call in tips. People can have a hard time trusting that information can stay anonymous and I dont think we do a good job assuring the public that they can contact LE and provide tips anonymously. In this case alone the first couple LE news interviews I saw they only gave out one phone number and it was a line to the FBI. No mention of anonymous ways to call in a tip. Maybe that has changed as I missed the last couple.

Whether Hania actually lives in the same mobile home park or the adjacent one doesn’t matter so much, I guess I wasn’t aware that her home was such a short walk away. In my mind I’m wondering how her assailant knew of her and knew where/when to find her if this was indeed planned. Personally, based on what we know, I keep flipping back and forth between “planned abduction” and “crime of opportunity”.
<mod fix broken quote>

that's why in my mind i keep wondering if it was someone in the trailer park who abducted her. Thus knowing her routine and the need for the bandana and hoodie "disguise."

Last edited by a moderator:
The report in the bright orange posted (by you?) standing in front of the trailer points specifically to the trailer there in the middle of the photo. He never shows the trailer to the right even though that same car parked there backs up and drives away.

Same trailer as in your photo?
Thank you for your response, but I'm not sure I understand. I wasn't asking about the trailer or this video. ??? Probably not important anyway, so no worries. :) MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member