Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where Is Hania Aguilar? One Week Later A Look At NC Teen’s Abduction Case
Investigators said they do believe, Hania is alive. Andy de la Rocha, with the FBI said, “There’s no evidence that indicates otherwise at this time.”

The Lumberton Police Department Chief, Michael McNeill, said, "Think through the events of the past week, particularly the morning of Monday, November 5th, and consider whether you know anything that would help us. Is there someone you know who has suddenly changed their normal behavior? Maybe they haven’t gone to work, haven’t come home, or they aren’t answering your calls or text messages. Any tip no matter how small can make a difference to find Hania."

Andy de la Rocha, with the FBI said, “Someone knows the man seen in the surveillance video. Please call us and help us to identify him.”

Investigators are asking for people who live in the Lumberton area to check their buildings and property for anything that could help them in the investigation. They ask that you look for anything that's suspicious.

Investigators are still collecting surveillance video from homes and businesses near Hania’s home on Rosewood Mobile Home Park. The FBI asks that if you live or have a business on or around Quincey Road and have a video surveillance camera system to please call the FBI tip line at 910-272-5871.

It belongs to a SC family member but the vehicle was at Hania's other aunt's home in Lumberton, NC during the crime. Hania lives in the same trailer park as her NC aunt. She went over to her aunt's house to have breakfast with her cousins and get a ride to school (or the bus stop-- some children are driven to the bus stop in this rural area according to locals). After breakfast, Hania took her aunts keys and went outside to start the car. She started it and was standing outside next to it waiting for her aunt and cousins to come out when the man came out of the woods and forced her into the running vehicle. Her family heard her screaming and looked out the window. A neighbor also looked out their window and saw it. The witnesses described the man as wearing all black with a yellow bandana on his face.

Where did all these details come from? Having breakfast at the aunt’s house? Etc?? Was this reported in MSM?

It could also be that the SUV was just parked in that location and they were all staying in the home at 102. How far is 102 from 38/39? I don’t think there are two aunts. The aunt who owned the vehicle is the one that supposedly told Hania not to start the car that morning.

It's possible the aunt from SC is staying with Hania's mom and that she drove Hania and her sister from 102 to 38. All I know is that I have seen two aunts named in MSM-- one owns the SUV and there is another one, but I don't know where she lives (and I don't think we are allowed to sleuth that here if that info is not in MSM).

Hania's aunts (BBM):

"We all feel devastated and sad, and we are wanting everyone's help to help us locate her, I hope God brings her back to us safe, she's a good girl, I don't know why they did that to her," said the victim's aunt Ermila Barrera.
AMBER Alert: Authorities release photo of stolen SUV; Hania Aguilar still missing

Police have said the man forced the girl into her family's green 2002 Ford Expedition, which is registered to Velasquez Hernandez, Hania's aunt, of Summerville, S.C.
SUV found, hunt for missing Lumberton girl stretches into the night :: WRAL.com

Where did all these details come from? Having breakfast at the aunt’s house? Etc?? Was this reported in MSM?

I'll try to find where I saw it (I only read MSM).

ETA: Still looking. If anyone else saw this detail, please link.
I have watched a lot of interviews. There was one with her mother that had subtitles and one with the Father (Rev/Priest of their Church). Now I can't find the video with subtitles nor the one where the Priest spoke. I thought I also saw something with a step father and I can't find it now. Not sure any of these interviews are where I saw it but I'm having serious google-failure right now... Did I dream this about breakfast? :oops:

Last edited:
It could also be that the SUV was just parked in that location and they were all staying in the home at 102. How far is 102 from 38/39? I don’t think there are two aunts. The aunt who owned the vehicle is the one that supposedly told Hania not to start the car that morning.
Yes yes yes. My questions. How far indeed did she walk every morning from 102 to 38-39? Why did she? Just to get a ride to the bus stop when she was already walking to aunt's? And was the family member who owned the stolen SUV staying there long-term? Just visiting? Was that the car that always took her to the bus stop?

It's possible the aunt from SC is staying with Hania's mom and that she drove Hania and her sister from 102 to 38. All I know is that I have seen two aunts named in MSM-- one owns the SUV and there is another one, but I don't know where she lives (and I don't think we are allowed to sleuth that here if that info is not in MSM).

Hania's aunts (BBM):

"We all feel devastated and sad, and we are wanting everyone's help to help us locate her, I hope God brings her back to us safe, she's a good girl, I don't know why they did that to her," said the victim's aunt Ermila Barrera.
AMBER Alert: Authorities release photo of stolen SUV; Hania Aguilar still missing

Police have said the man forced the girl into her family's green 2002 Ford Expedition, which is registered to Velasquez Hernandez, Hania's aunt, of Summerville, S.C.
looking too..

Last edited:
I have only been reading articles posted on this thread and I read one about Hania visiting her cousins and breakfast - that is what prompted my post.
So the article was on here.

Me too- I only read things posted here. But now for some reason the only posts I'm finding about breakfast are my own. I promise I didn't make that up, but I can't find the original source here now. I'm beginning to wonder if it was a post that got removed or something. Does anyone remember seeing this besides me?

Me too- I only read things posted here. But now for some reason the only posts I'm finding about breakfast are my own. I promise I didn't make that up, but I can't find the original source here now. I'm beginning to wonder if it was a post that got removed or something. Does anyone remember seeing this besides me?
I saw it which is why I asked about it and also the connection to where Mom lived. I'll look for it too.

Hania's aunts (BBM):

Ok, so there are definitely two aunts. Maybe the aunt from NC recently moved there and just hasn't transferred the plates and license yet, or like you stated is just visiting. But did someone say her Aunt also had a trailer there? Or is that her mom's, where she lives? Just trying to get the facts. Did you say there was a stepfather also?

Re BBM
I agree and I had mentioned before that lots of people are generally afraid of contacting LE at all. No matter if people have anything to hide or not it is frightening to lots of people. I think it is because of many different reasons and a few off the top I can think of are

*We dont normally have to interact with LE and the few times we have to interact with them it is mainly a negative experience like getting pulled over.

*The various crime shows on TV always show violent interactions with LE so I think that builds up a natural fear in people. If all people get to see are those shows like COPS then the message we get from those shows is when people and LE mix it is generally a negative interaction and often times it is a violent confrontation.

*For people that have never had any interaction that in itself can cause fear in people because people dont know what to expect. The fear of the unknown.

IMO we have a long ways to go to help the general public get more comfortable in working with our LE in our communities. A long ways to go.

For starters I would like to see more advertisement of guaranteed totally anonymous ways to call in tips. People can have a hard time trusting that information can stay anonymous and I dont think we do a good job assuring the public that they can contact LE and provide tips anonymously. In this case alone the first couple LE news interviews I saw they only gave out one phone number and it was a line to the FBI. No mention of anonymous ways to call in a tip. Maybe that has changed as I missed the last couple.

Another aspect could be a person's immigration status. Many undocumented immigrants may not report a crime to LE if they fear questions on their immigration status, afraid of deportation. Many will not report crimes that have happened to themselves.

Ok, so there are definitely two aunts. Maybe the aunt from NC recently moved there and just hasn't transferred the plates and license yet, or like you stated is just visiting. But did someone say her Aunt also had a trailer there? Or is that her mom's, where she lives? Just trying to get the facts. Did you say there was a stepfather also?

There is a reporter who talked to her stepfather:
Gloria Rodriguez‏ @GloriaABC11

Gloria Rodriguez Retweeted ABC11 EyewitnessNews
#Breaking—I just spoke to Hania Noelia Aguilar’s stepfather, Miguel Barrera, who tells me Hania’s family is waiting for her safe return. He says they have no idea who could have abducted her. #ABC11

Gloria Rodriguez on Twitter

I'm still lost on who lives where but it was reported early in this case that Hania lives at lot 102 and her ID card photo also shows that address as well. She was abducted from the yard/driveway between lot 38 and 39. Despite this info, many MSM reports still say she was abducted from "her yard". Maybe she had moved recently to lot 38? That is always possible, I suppose. But I have not seen MSM saying her mom was there the day she was abducted. I was lead to believe early on in this case that Hania and her little sister were being taken care of by an aunt that morning. The aunt is the one who gave permission for Hania's little sister to speak to the press.

Hania's aunts (BBM):

#Breaking—I just spoke to Hania Noelia Aguilar’s stepfather, Miguel Barrera, who tells me Hania’s family is waiting for her safe return. He says they have no idea who could have abducted her. #ABC11

I'm still lost on who lives where but it was reported early in this case that Hania lives at lot 102 and her ID card photo also shows that address as well. She was abducted from the yard/driveway between lot 38 and 39. Despite this info, many MSM reports still say she was abducted from "her yard". Maybe she had moved recently to lot 38? That is always possible, I suppose. But I have not seen MSM saying her mom was there the day she was abducted. I was lead to believe early on in this case that Hania and her little sister were being taken care of by an aunt that morning. The aunt is the one who gave permission for Hania's little sister to speak to the press.

I just now noticed that one of Hania's aunt's shares a surname with her stepfather. Perhaps she is his sister and they all live together? I guess it's not super important who lives where though, other than wondering if the suspect had seen Hania warm up a vehicle there before. If this wasn't even her house and this was not a routine thing for her to start up the car, then this seems to be a crime of opportunity. JMO.

In the walking man video 3rd segment, cars pass by. Right away, a car passes going the opposite direction as walking man and that car is on the same side of the street. Later two cars go by and those are more clearly on the other side of the street and moving in the same direction as walking man. This leads me to believe that walking man has his right side to the road, and is holding the (presumed) phone in his right hand.

How do you hold your phone? Which ear do you listen with best? How do you observe others hold and use their iphone?

I am right-handed. I always hold all types of phones whether landline, old cell, or new iphone/android in my left hand. I need my right hand to dial, punch buttons, write notes, type text. My hearing is equal in either ear, but my left ear listens better to a phone conversation because of years of this habit.

It would not matter much if walking man is right-handed, but I wonder if he is left-handed because he holds the phone in his right hand.
I'm left handed and I hold my phone in my left hand, lol.

Maybe Mom works and has to drop Hania and her sister at the aunt's to take care of them before they go to school and so she can take them to the bus stop. Or maybe Mom has no vehicle so again the girls need to go to the aunt's for transport to bus stop. For some reason, the girls are at the aunt's in the morning..Just this morning or routinely? And the other aunt from SC is visiting, moving there? Only guessing at this point.

Off Topic. Help for Robeson County

Robeson County is one of the most violent in the state

Robeson County remains, statistically, one of the state’s most dangerous places.

Now, researchers want to know why. Why does violence persist here? More specifically, the researchers say, they want to figure out how to fix it.

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was recently awarded a $6.5 million grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to open the nation’s first rurally focused youth violence prevention research center. It will be based in Lumberton, and its mission will span the county.
The grant does not cover any brick and mortar – the center is likely to be based out of a few county offices and at a local nonprofit organization – but the money will pay the cost of additional social workers to implement test programs.

“What I found was, Robeson County is having a lot of big-city problems in a rural setting,” Smokowski said. “Nationally, there aren’t a lot of places like this.” The county is regarded as one of the country’s most ethnically diverse rural communities – another point of interest, Smokowski said. More than 68 percent of its residents are American Indian, black or Hispanic.

The county is consistently ranked as one of the state’s poorest. More than 30 percent of its residents live below the poverty line.

The goal of the five-year research project – which is focused primarily on middle school students – is to determine the root of violent behavior in the community and to try out programs to combat it.
Mac Legerton, a partner in the study, hopes the project will be the next in a long line of efforts to turn the tide on violence in Robeson County.

Focus on the Youth Robeson County’s youth death rate – 124 per 100,000 – was nearly twice the state average between 2004 and 2008, according to the N.C. Department of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention. The county’s homicide rate of 24 per 100,000 over that period was more than triple the state’s average.

Robeson County is one of most violent in state | N.C. Academic Center for Excellence

I tried to find the date this was written, I found this article also posted on another website three months ago.

Maybe Mom works and has to drop Hania and her sister at the aunt's to take care of them before they go to school and so she can take them to the bus stop. Or maybe Mom has no vehicle so again the girls need to go to the aunt's for transport to bus stop. For some reason, the girls are at the aunt's in the morning..Just this morning or routinely? And the other aunt from SC is visiting, moving there? Only guessing at this point.

Yes, this sounds logical to me.

I just now noticed that one of Hania's aunt's shares a surname with her stepfather. Perhaps she is his sister and they all live together? I guess it's not super important who lives where though, other than wondering if the suspect had seen Hania warm up a vehicle there before. If this wasn't even her house and this was not a routine thing for her to start up the car, then this seems to be a crime of opportunity. JMO.
That makes sense that the other aunt is the stepfather's sister. It's good to know who is who otherwise it can get confusing. At least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia