Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - the SUV was found in the woods, not on a road or driveway. He drove the vehicle off-road to hide it among the trees.

It could've been hidden for weeks and months - so glad it wasn't.

What does this tell us? Did he know the area? Or just driving around and found a secluded spot? Is he still there, or did he leave? If he left, how?

Thanks for posting the footage.

jmo

I'm going with he went to that area on purpose. Whether it was known to him or there was another vehicle that he could use nearby/in the woods. It is my opinion that he knew he would have to ditch the car eventually. And driving around would be too risky. The abductor could just be dumb though.

WRAL TV was live.
26 mins ·

Sky 5 flies over the SUV that was used to kidnap Hania Noelia Aguilar, the 13-year-old taken from her Lumberton home Monday. The search for the teen is ongoing. Watch WRAL News at Noon for updates >>> wral.com/17979101

Dropping a pin on the approx location where the car looks to be from that video: Google Maps

Police with dogs seem to be following a path back in the woods from there.

SUV used in Lumberton girl’s kidnapping is found; 13-year-old remains missing
By Ron Gallagher
November 08, 2018 10:06 AM
LUMBERTON
Authorities said Thursday morning that they have found a green SUV that has been the target of a multiagency search since 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar was kidnapped from outside her family’s home in Lumberton on Monday morning.

The FBI said the Ford Expedition was found on Quincey Drive in Lumberton.

The FBI said an Evidence Response Team, comprising agents with special training in evidence collection and analysis, would process the SUV.

Read more here: SUV used in Lumberton girl’s kidnapping is found; 13-year-old remains missing

Yes, I saw the Latin Kings, but didn’t know if they would be local to Lumberton. Also was unsure about wearing yellow exclusively, as the wording made it sound like they wear black & yellow bandanas in particular.
Interesting find! Thank you for digging deeper!! MOO
There are many gangs in Robeson County.
City task force targeting gangs | Robesonian
Leon Burden, the executive director of Colors of Life, a gang prevention program, says the gang problem stretches to each corner of the county, estimating Robeson is home to more than 2,000 gang members of all allegiances.

“You’ve got Crips, you’ve got Bloods, you’ve got MS-13, you’ve got Latin Kings,” Burden said. “That’s just a few.”

I'm going with he went to that area on purpose. Whether it was known to him or there was another vehicle that he could use nearby/in the woods. It is my opinion that he knew he would have to ditch the car eventually. And driving around would be too risky. The abductor could just be dumb though.
Still have the lingering question....how the heck did he get TO the trailer park? He left in a stolen vehicle, but how did he get there?

I wasn't thinking the perp was a local previously, but I am now. Still puzzled by how he was getting around, though.

jmo

There are many gangs in Robeson County.
City task force targeting gangs | Robesonian
Leon Burden, the executive director of Colors of Life, a gang prevention program, says the gang problem stretches to each corner of the county, estimating Robeson is home to more than 2,000 gang members of all allegiances.

“You’ve got Crips, you’ve got Bloods, you’ve got MS-13, you’ve got Latin Kings,” Burden said. “That’s just a few.”
Oh dear...So this could have been planned and personal (for perp's own interests), or part of a gang initiation scenario. That bandana has always made me curious. Who wears them/has them unless you are riding the range out West. jmo

ETA Or robbing a bank? But then most wear a ski mask to cover identity.

There are some pictures on Google of the Latin Kings and some members do wear yellow bandannas. Sadly, I think Hania's abduction is more sinister and it's not gang related.

eta, I don't think that link was allowed.
I think that there's a possibility that the perp may be a gang member but committing the crime on his own.

Still have the lingering question....how the heck did he get TO the trailer park? He left in a stolen vehicle, but how did he get there?

I wasn't thinking the perp was a local previously, but I am now. Still puzzled by how he was getting around, though.

jmo
I can't get over thinking that he was living with someone nearby or even in the trailer park. JMO

I can't get over thinking that he was living with someone nearby or even in the trailer park. JMO
At the beginning of the case, I thought about the little 5yo girl who was abducted (assaulted and killed) in a trailer park in Washington state a few years ago. A neighborhood teen was the perp, someone who knew the girl and lived there.

I dismissed the thought that this case was similar as I focused on the carjacking. Now....I am thinking you are on the right track.

jmo

Oh dear...So this could have been planned and personal (for perp's own interests), or part of a gang initiation scenario. That bandana has always made me curious. Who wears them/has them unless you are riding the range out West. jmo

ETA Or robbing a bank? But then most wear a ski mask to cover identity.

People who work manual labor jobs often carry bandanas or handkerchiefs. It keeps the sweat off their face and is handy for wiping your eyes, nose, mouth, etc instead of using your dirty hands. Farm laborers also use them to cover their mouths and nose while spraying chemicals. Backpackers also usually have one for the above reasons. I don't see any connection to gangs or western cowboys simply because the man had a bandana. Someone earlier in the thread also said disaster relief teams in the area for hurricane clean up recently distributed free bandanas.

Who would be on foot in a trailer park, up and active in the morning but without a car? Who could walk home after ditching a vehicle a distance away? (How far was the SUV from the trailer park?)

I didn't think local teen, but I am now.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member