Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the Hispanic community is very afraid of law enforcement. I’ve been working disaster recovery here in Lumberton and the people in mobile home parks like this one will not come into Center to get food and supplies. We make up boxes and deliver them to the residents that won’t come in. No questions asked, no names recorded, no photos, etc.

Do you know a lot about the Latinx community there? Is there a large population, tight knit?

I grew up a few hours from there and lived in the barrios in my city. The LatinX community was very large but very close. Everyone knew everyone and looked out for everyone else (like when I say everyone, I mean I'm not LatinX and those mamas fed me, spoiled me and, when necessary, la chancla'd me just like I was theirs).

If it is a similar community, they'll be the key to knowing who it was - even if they don't know know him, they know the troublemakers (they're usually trouble because they didn't have anyone love them enough to give them la chancla growing up! :D) Sadly, though, you are right; there is a significant mistrust of law enforcement.

Last edited:
Still have the lingering question....how the heck did he get TO the trailer park? He left in a stolen vehicle, but how did he get there?

I wasn't thinking the perp was a local previously, but I am now. Still puzzled by how he was getting around, though.

jmo
Exactly -- how here, how there?? It would make much more sense if the perpetrator had a buddy to drop him off and perhaps follow closely to hide the license tag from being ID'd wherever possible. But if there were a second suspect, the kidnapping would certainly have been planned and the target chosen in advance which also complicates things. SMH. Let's hope LE is way ahead of what little we know so far.

Now that her family has had a few days to think back about anything out of the ordinary happening, they could have some ideas about a stranger in their area... an unfamiliar person walking by their lot at the park several times, waving, acting friendly... some car driving slowly past their lot...someone knocking on their door asking for someone unknown to them, etc., etc.

Dropping a pin on the approx location where the car looks to be from that video: Google Maps

Police with dogs seem to be following a path back in the woods from there.
Not good. I saw the one dog circling in a clearing and I wondered if maybe she was taken into a 2nd getaway vehicle. I do not like it that the dog is continuing into the deeper woods.

People who work manual labor jobs often carry bandanas or handkerchiefs. It keeps the sweat off their face and is handy for wiping your eyes, nose, mouth, etc instead of using your dirty hands. Farm laborers also use them to cover their mouths and nose while spraying chemicals. Backpackers also usually have one for the above reasons. I don't see any connection to gangs or western cowboys simply because the man had a bandana. Someone earlier in the thread also said disaster relief teams in the area for hurricane clean up recently distributed free bandanas.
Thanks. I should have known better since I live in the Garden State which mostly employs many farm laborers throughout the growing season. And I was not seriously considering an outlaw or a cowboy. I think this is the first time a bandana has played a part in covering the identity of a kidnapper/carjacker afaik.

Wow. So it seems he stole the car in order to take her. Unless he stole another car and he took her with him in that, I think they'll be nearby.
I’m going to go out on a limb here, I think they are going to find them in one of the trailers that backs up to the woods. It looked like the K9 was headed in that general direction. IMO

Stolen SUV used to kidnap NC teen found as search for teen becomes 'more and more dire'
"Someone called 911 and said they saw the vehicle back in the woods," said McNeill, urging anyone who lives in the area or owns a business with surveillance equipment to call the police tip line immediately.

McNeill said now that the vehicle used in the kidnapping was found, the main goal is to find Hania. He said providing an updated photo of the vehicle earlier this week had a "tremendous" impact on finding it Thursday.

"We have the vehicle. A lot of work's going on to process the vehicle and any evidence that's here," McNeill said. "We're hoping and praying that we can find her now and find her safely and get her back to her family. That's our primary goal."

An FBI spokesperson said detectives are still searching all of Robeson County for any signs of Aguilar and her abductor. Those searches are independent of any crews that are processing the scene on Quincey Drive.

"We're taking all logical steps to locate Hania," he said. "We're not limiting ourselves to any certain geographical area."

I’m going to go out on a limb here, I think they are going to find them in one of the trailers that backs up to the woods. It looked like the K9 was headed in that general direction. IMO
I think that is a reasonable consideration. In fact, I hope she is found alive in one of those trailers. That would be the best outcome right now.

jmo

This was my first thought as well. I lived in a home next to a small wooded area just like that and my kids always wanted to play out there. I was the mean mom who never let them. But if he dumped the car there I think he might have known the woods and walked through to his home or car he’d left there. I hope she is still alive and the woods aren’t a dump site.

I can't get over thinking that he was living with someone nearby or even in the trailer park. JMO
Yep -- same idea here -- a bit of occam's razor -- that would answer some questions about "how did he get there," etc. He watched, saw their school-day routine, knew his way around, knew the roads/highways, etc.
Maybe neighbors might have seen something -- and I feel sure LE has or will certainly go door-to-door. That's usually one of the first things that is done in these type things. A handy-man around the place...a friend of the owner/manager at the trailer park... a newspaper deliverer, etc. Who has been missing from the park for the last few days? etc.

SUV being found where it was suggests only one of two outcomes to me.

Number one is that perp wanted to 'possess' Hania and thus get far away from Lumberton with her to live with her as his 'wife'/slave/whatever and couldn't do that in a stolen vehicle where you'd have to stop for gas, etc. so he kidnapped her in the stolen vehicle, hauled *advertiser censored* to the rural spot he dumped it at and had his own vehicle which would not be known to LE and drove off to wherever with his 'possession'.

We all know what the second outcome is and I don't even want to type it so we'll leave it at that and keep hope alive. :(

Yep -- same idea here -- a bit of occam's razor -- that would answer some questions about "how did he get there," etc. He watched, saw their school-day routine, knew his way around, knew the roads/highways, etc.
Maybe neighbors might have seen something -- and I feel sure LE has or will certainly go door-to-door. That's usually one of the first things that is done in these type things. A handy-man around the place...a friend of the owner/manager at the trailer park... a newspaper deliverer, etc. Who has been missing from the park for the last few days? etc.
Anyone who uses Occam's Razor in their post gets a like from me :)

Random stranger abductions where perp didn't stalk or study the victim and just decided impulsively to take them spur of the moment are extremely rare. The precision with which this abduction was done suggests there's almost no chance it was a stranger and you're exactly right. I would be very surprised if the perp hadn't planned this for a while, methodically watching Hania and her family's routine to determine the perfect time to strike and ensure success.

The red roofed home nex5 to where SUV was found appears to have many cars there. Might be an auto repair place or a business with employees parked there. Could be a place perp was familiar with and wanted to steal a vehicle to use to get away. Or left his car there. I’m sure LE is talking to owners.

Has anyone reported how long the vehicle has been there?

Catching up.

Been thinking about this and one thing LE will be able to know is if the engine was still warm or not. It takes many hours for an engine to cool completely so they should be able to tell if it was put there recently or not.

I have a feeling that all the videos LE released made the perp panic and he or someone else deposited the vehicle in last couple days. If he sold the vehicle and they found out it was used in this abduction then whoever had it dumped it.

Hope LE gets DNA from others in that vehicle. Even if they can find someone else who dumped it then they would lead to the perp.

Im confident LE is doing everything they can in this case. They are giving more updates than usual in cases like this and things are moving fast. Now lets find her and hopefully alive and well.

Random stranger abductions where perp didn't stalk or study the victim and just decided impulsively to take them spur of the moment are extremely rare. The precision with which this abduction was done suggests there's almost no chance it was a stranger and you're exactly right. I would be very surprised if the perp hadn't planned this for a while, methodically watching Hania and her family's routine to determine the perfect time to strike and ensure success.
Was it a regular routine for her to go out in the mornings and start the car?

Thanks. I should have known better since I live in the Garden State which mostly employs many farm laborers throughout the growing season. And I was not seriously considering an outlaw or a cowboy. I think this is the first time a bandana has played a part in covering the identity of a kidnapper/carjacker afaik.

It seems like a pretty common method of carjackers covering their face to me. I only needed to google to find these recent articles from this year:
Police: Man forced woman to perform sex act before stealing her SUV
'God Bless You': Nun Blesses Carjacker While at Gunpoint
Carjacking suspect arrested
911 audio: Man tried to carjack Deltona woman

The first link included a sexual assault on a woman before he took the car. And many more search results appear if you look for criminals wearing bandanas. I don't think it is that unusual of a method for criminals to use to try to hide their identity. At least in warmer climates. Nov 5th in Lumberton was in the upper 60's. The day before they got over 70 degree weather and the day after it was 83: Lumberton November Weather 2018 - AccuWeather Forecast for NC 28358
So even though it's fall, it's still warm there. IMO, it would be suspicious to see someone wearing a ski mask to cover their face in that part of NC. A bandana is quickly removed and easier to justify carrying if the person is stopped. JMO.

I agree that the perp had to have known about her or the routine of starting the car each morning. It does make me think he was staying with someone near where she lived. LE needs to go door to door in her neighborhood and grill anyone who is not cooperative or seems to be lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState