Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up.

Been thinking about this and one thing LE will be able to know is if the engine was still warm or not. It takes many hours for an engine to cool completely so they should be able to tell if it was put there recently or not.

I have a feeling that all the videos LE released made the perp panic and he or someone else deposited the vehicle in last couple days. If he sold the vehicle and they found out it was used in this abduction then whoever had it dumped it.

Hope LE gets DNA from others in that vehicle. Even if they can find someone else who dumped it then they would lead to the perp.

Im confident LE is doing everything they can in this case. They are giving more updates than usual in cases like this and things are moving fast. Now lets find her and hopefully alive and well.
I am also hopeful about the evidence gathering. There is no way the perp was able to clean up the car while it was in the woods. There is likely something in the vehicle that will help LE.

Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

jmo

I agree that the perp had to have known about her or the routine of starting the car each morning. It does make me think he was staying with someone near where she lived. LE needs to go door to door in her neighborhood and grill anyone who is not cooperative or seems to be lying.
And check if anyone was late for school or work that day. This crime could've been completed in a short amount of time and the perp continued on his day.

jmo

WRAL TV | Posted 11/08/2018 11:01am (EST)

KEEP SHARING: Police this morning located the stolen SUV a man used to kidnap Hania, but the search for the 13-year-old girl is still on. More on WRAL News at Noon >>> wral.com/17979101

View attachment 154542
"Federal investigators asked that anyone who lives or operates a business in the area and may have a video surveillance camera system to call the FBI's tip line at 910-272-5871."

Fingers crossed they get more footage!

I really have nothing to add that hasn't already been said. I just have to type something or I'm going to bust!! Finding the vehicle is huge! Now LE has a place to really begin looking hard at surveillance, and that is a big time saver. Lord, bless those dogs and their handlers, that they might find clues.

Another thought... It has been asked and I don't think we have gotten a clear answer as to whether HNA normally started the car. If she did normally start the car, but was told NOT to do so on this particular morning, why? Had someone been noticed in the neighborhood previously that shouldn't be there? Just pondering...

Let's get this girl home!!

Was it a regular routine for her to go out in the mornings and start the car?

JMO
This is JMO but common sense indicates if she did it that day then most likely she did it on other days. Everyone in that entire city and all people who have followed this case are now well aware of the dangers of kids doing that.

Its something I never would have thought much about until this case hilghlighted the dangers.

ETA Also an adult could just as easily be carjacked as well when starting their car so its something we all need to be careful about and be ready with protection if one chooses to carry protection devices.

Last edited:
The woods we lived next to had an amazing collection of junk. Some dumped and some, like this object appears to be, clean. Kids carried stuff out there to use in their “forts”, teens went out there and hung out smoking and doing God knows what else. and vagrants often built little camp areas where they lived. Thus, my kids didn’t play back there without adults and I stopped walking my dog alone back there too.

I think you're right. At first I thought it looked like one of those plastic patio chairs, but it looks more like a walker/shower chair.
View attachment 154546

Random and creepy.
Could it be one of those hospital toilet chairs?
like this:
hospital-0522_061854.jpg

Hospital Toilets and Bedpans

The woods we lived next to had an amazing collection of junk. Some dumped and some, like this object appears to be, clean. Kids carried stuff out there to use in their “forts”, teens went out there and hung out smoking and doing God knows what else. and vagrants often built little camp areas where they lived. Thus, my kids didn’t play back there without adults and I stopped walking my dog alone back there too.

I can second this. We have camps in some of the woods that the local police say to call them before touching anything because of the health risks (TB mostly, I guess.)

There's a hiking trail near us with a couple of chairs and a small table just sitting there. It's not a place with a view, it's half a mile from the nearest house, and nobody has ever seen anybody sitting there. But they're always clean and in the winter somebody clears the snow off...very bizarre.

I think you're right. At first I thought it looked like one of those plastic patio chairs, but it looks more like a walker - do you see wheels on it?
View attachment 154546

I thought along the same lines as you. It appears to me to look like a toilet seat used in hospitals, healthcare or even at home when a person isn’t mobile enough to get to the bathroom.
Weird how that’s all that looks to be in the clearing that’s noticeable.

It looks like a potty chair used by adults who have mobility issues.

JMO
Yes, that's what I was thinking. Could be an item that wasn't needed any longer in a home and was discarded.

To me, it looks like something someone would drag there as part of hang out. Is there a fire pit nearby, I wonder. Do local teens hang out in the woods? Maybe build a little encampment piece by piece - just to have something to sit on?

jmo

It seems like a pretty common method of carjackers covering their face to me. I only needed to google to find these recent articles from this year:
Police: Man forced woman to perform sex act before stealing her SUV
'God Bless You': Nun Blesses Carjacker While at Gunpoint
Carjacking suspect arrested
911 audio: Man tried to carjack Deltona woman

For those of us who are older, TV shows and movies always had the robbers wearing a bandana over their face. To which makes me feel that this was a planned kidnapping, as they were prepared enough to hide their face and wear black, leaving no way to truly identify him.

Which makes me wonder if he is someone familiar with the family. Friend of a friend's, relative of a friend who saw Hania at a birthday party or something, so many possibilities. The fact that he put on a disguise with such care tells me he knew there might be a chance that someone in the family that lived at that trailer or in the neighborhood would be able to identify him, had he not worn that disguise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState