Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was waiting to go school. And it was a relative's vehicle?! Her relative or the perp stole it from 'his' relative? It sounded like the perp stole the vehicle at the time of the abduction from what was said.

I was trying to decipher that myself. I agree with you, its just a little unclear.

Some notes (mostly a rough transcription) from the PC during which Lumberton Police Chief Michael MacNeill spoke...
  • On Monday morning, 11/5, at approx. 6:58 AM at Rosewood Mobile Home Park, a witness saw a male subject dressed in all black and wearing a yellow bandana approach Hania Noleia Aguilar, age 13, and and forced her in a green 2002 Ford Expedition.
  • And he then stole the vehicle and drove away with Ms. Aguilar in the vehicle.
  • Ms. Aguilar had been waiting on family to come out of the residence to take her to school - at the Lumberton Junior High School - where she is in the 8th grade.
  • The suspect then drove the 2002 Ford Expedition bearing the SC tags NWS984 out of the neighborhood and the vehicle was last seen turning left onto Elizabethtown Road [in Lumberton]
  • At this time, the investigators are interviewing witnesses, family, and friends, as well as conducting a door-to-door canvass in the neighborhood, and checking area surveillances to find out any information they can.
  • This morning an Amber Alert was issued at 10AM
  • As a result of the kidnapping this morning, the Lumberton PD has requested assistance of FBI, NCSBI, and the Robeson County Sheriffs Department to assist in the investigation
  • Anyone who sees this vehicle with tags NWS984 is asked to call the Lumberton PD at 910-671-3845
From the questions portion at the end:
  • It’s was a relative’s vehicle.
  • Hania was waiting to go to school.
Source: Monday Press Conference video via WBTW News 13 Facebook

According to impromptu PC just now, LE said the vehicle was a "relative's vehicle". This certainly seems like a targeted attack now. I wonder if this was a familial thing as well - perhaps related to a family strife? I would be very surprised if she didn't know the perp or at least someone related to the perp.

After listening again, sounds like she was outside waiting for family to come out and take her to school. And the perp forced her into a relative's car, which they then stole? Was it running? How would they steal it? Was perp related or a neighbor? Timing seems too perfect! Seems it was most likely planned given the black clothes and yellow bandana over face...

(at least the vehicle being stolen gives us the plate number)

Lumberton Police Department | 11/05/2018 12:12pm (EST)

MISSING PERSON
Case 18-43338
Hania Aguilar, Age 13
Hispanic female
5' 126 lbs - brown hair/brown eyes
This morning November 5, 2018 in Rosewood Mobile Home Park at approximately 0654 hours, Hania Aguilar grabbed her aunt's keys to crank up her vehicle to prepare to leave for the bus stop. Witnessed by another family member, an unknown male wearing a yellow bandanna over his face approached and grabbed Hania Aguilar and forced her into the green 2002 Ford Expedition and fled the area. The vehicle belonging to Hania Aguilar's aunt, has South Carolina registration NWS984. The vehicle has paint peeling from the hood and a Clemson sticker on the rear window. Suspect race and description is not known. Both vehicle and Hania Aguilar are entered into NCIC and an Amber Alert has already been issued. (see comments for recent picture) If you see this vehicle or Hania Aguilar, please contact Lumberton Police Department at (910)671-3845 or dial 911 immediately upon seeing them.

45403663_1898140540222789_4512533185115979776_n.jpg

Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill said investigators also are looking at video surveillance from the area. He said the department has asked the FBI, the State Bureau of Investigation and the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office to help with the search.
UPDATE: Authorities knocking on doors for kidnapped Lumberton girl

The car, belonging to Hania's aunt whose home she was at, has South Carolina registration N-W-S-9-8-4. There was paint peeling from the hood and a Clemson sticker on the rear window.
AMBER ALERT | A 13-year-old girl taken from home in North Carolina
Dumb question: How did he start the car? Were the keys in it, was it running, did he hotwire it?

ETA: I see others asked and answered my question while I was writing my post. I'm sooo slow! Thanks!

Last edited:
After listening again, sounds like she was outside waiting for family to come out and take her to school. And the perp forced her into a relative's car, which they then stole? Was it running? How would they steal it? Was perp related or a neighbor? Timing seems too perfect! Seems it was most likely planned given the black clothes and yellow bandana over face...

(at least the vehicle being stolen gives us the plate number)

Great questions! Given the recent FB post by the Lumberton PD, sounds like Hania went outside with her aunt's keys to turn on the vehicle (probably to get it warmed up?). Then sounds like the perp forced her inside of it and drove away, stealing the vehicle and kidnapping Hania.

I wonder if this was a routine for Hania, to turn on the car or "crank up" the vehicle as the FB post says? Wondering if the perp cased the residence out beforehand, and would've expected her there that morning with a vehicle and keys. Jmo

Sounds like she had the keys and had gone outside to start her aunt's car. The timing is just too perfect.... Where did the perp come from at just the "right" time dressed like that?!?

Is this a daily routine that someone observed and exploited or...?

Great questions! ...

I wonder if this was a routine for Hania, to turn on the car or "crank up" the vehicle as the FB post says? Wondering if the perp cased the residence out beforehand, and would've expected her there that morning with a vehicle and keys. Jmo

Thanks and sounds like we're thinking along the same lines... Praying they find her fast!

I wonder if this was routine for her to start the car up in the morning and then wait for her aunt? Someone could have taken an interest in her, watched her routine, and then made his move. If that's the case, I bet he's known around the neighborhood or in her "circle", so to speak.

ABC11 EyewitnessNews on Twitter | 12:41 PM (EST) - 5 Nov 2018
FBI joins effort to reunite abducted Lumberton 13-year-old with her family http://abc11.com/4622083/

DrQacnlX0AESJvl.jpg

WLOS on Twitter | 12:47 PM - 5 Nov 2018
AMBER ALERT: Authorities are asking for everyone to be on the lookout for 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar. LATEST DETAILS: http://bit.ly/2RE4607

DrQb16lWoAQs4_k.jpg

WRAL NEWS in NC on Twitter | 12:59 PM - 5 Nov 2018
An Amber Alert has been issued for 13-year-old Hania Noleia Aguilar. Aguilar stands 5 feet tall and weighs 126 pounds NEW DEVELOPMENTS>>http://wral.com/17970889 #wral

Sounds like she had the keys and had gone outside to start her aunt's car. The timing is just too perfect.... Where did the perp come from at just the "right" time dressed like that?!?

Is this a daily routine that someone observed and exploited or...?
Going down this thought process, its Monday, the first day of this routine.. and also what if someone else came out with her what then.. a guy standing around in all black at 7am? And being on foot? Most likely would have parked and walked to address (area) but then this vehicle would have been found by then. I wonder if he stayed at friends house or drove to a garaged area because this vehicle would be hot. How did he know he wouldn't be chased. Has anyone found any social media trace of her or family?

I95 runs right through Lumberton - probably only 4 or 5 miles from the mobile home park :(

Yes, I saw that on the map, except it says the vehicle was last seen turning left on Elizabeth Town Rd, after leaving the mobile home park, which is in the opposite direction of I95...

So maybe they're staying local? Or felt that they would be less visible that direction?

• The suspect then drove the 2002 Ford Expedition bearing the SC tags NWS984 out of the neighborhood and the vehicle was last seen turning LEFT onto Elizabethtown Road [in Lumberton]
Source: Monday Press Conference video via WBTW News 13 Facebook

Last edited:
I'm sorry to post an off-thread topic, but there's a child 3 and a half years of age gone missing in Brighton, UK, reportedly abducted. I don't know how to create a thread and wonder if someone more experienced would be kind enough to do this now, in these critical hours. Many thanks

I'm sorry to post an off-thread topic, but there's a child 3 and a half years of age gone missing in Brighton, UK, reportedly abducted. I don't know how to create a thread and wonder if someone more experienced would be kind enough to do this now, in these critical hours. Many thanks

I can set up a thread. I tried to look for an article or police announcement and could not find one. Do you have one? I'll need it to start the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298