Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More photos, including some from the crime scene, from the same reporter Morgan Norwood:

Morgan Norwood on Twitter | 10:54 AM (EST) - 5 Nov 2018 from Lumberton, NC
NOW: Lumberton Police are canvassing the neighborhood where 13 year old Aquila Hanai Noelia was abducted. Officers are setting up crime scene tape around her home. #abc11

View attachment 154116 View attachment 154117 View attachment 154114

View attachment 154115

How thick are those woods in the 3rd picture (need to look at aerial view again)—what’s on the other side?

The trees seem to look thick enough to provide cover. Maybe he was hiding in there waiting. If so, I hope he smoked and/or left something. LE would be processing anything significant now so it could take some time to analyze anything they might have collected which is possibly significant.

Well, I read all of the rest of this thread but like everyone else don't feel anymore ahead. I was hoping maybe there were were more details I missed but nada... So sad and concerning... And definitely not looking good with all the time that has passed... :(

Thinking aloud: If he was trafficking, why pick a trailer park with one entrance that is not directly on 95? Why steal a car - did he ditch a car nearby and enter the park to steal a car and nab a girl? That doesn't seem efficient - how would he know there would be a car and a girl to take? This doesn't mean he isn't a trafficker, but perhaps took the opportunity to traffic rather than entered the trailer park to grab a teenager. [snip]
I'm certainly no expert, but I believe most trafficking begins with grooming, not outright abduction. It's sadly possible HNA may have met someone online, who got to know her routines - eg. "I'm going to go start the car now for my Aunt." I'm sure LE is all over her digital trail and they know by now if that's a possibility.

This is painful to admit, but when my daughter was about this age, we found out she had sent a topless photo of herself to a stranger on the internet. It was quite a shock because it's not something we could imagine her doing. But she did. Some creep talked her into it. I'm not suggesting anything like that happened here. I think maybe my point is that in this day and age, it is all too easy for predators to target young girls and boys.

How thick are those woods in the 3rd picture (need to look at aerial view again)—what’s on the other side?

The trees seem to look thick enough to provide cover. Maybe he was hiding in there waiting. If so, I hope he smoked and/or left something. LE would be processing anything significant now so it could take some time to analyze anything they might have collected which is possibly significant.

Using google imaging (great tool), looking from above (birds-eye-view, satellite view) at the mobile home park, the 2nd cul-de-sac on the right, at the end of the cul-de-sac, you will notice that there is an uncultivated section of land between the cul-de-sac and FM 1948 (where the warehouse is behind Food Lion).

As margarita25 discussed, that (brushy area) may have been used as cover to get to the end of the cul-de-sac from outside the mobile home park.

Keep in mind, if you go to street view in the mobile home park cul-de-sac, the image date is 2007.

Last edited:
Yes, Hurricane Florence devastated parts of the Carolinas and the boarded windows are likely a result. I'm hoping LE is spreading the word that immigrant status should not hinder someone coming forward with information. I'm not trying to be political or even state my stance in the issue, but when a child's life is in danger, I would hope that would not be a concern.
JMO, MOO, etc

Another missing child...this is awful. I just became aware of this case last night.

Perhaps the perp was in the mobile home park to commit another crime like robbery, maybe not even of a car but thinking he could break into a home. That would explain having a bandana and being skulking around at an early hour. But then he sees this girl/car and decides to take them instead? I don't know. This is really odd. It's not like a front yard where someone could easily drive or walk by and spot this happening. Why was he walking there in the first place? JMO

I personally don't think so. Those are rare and he was prepared....laying in wait imo. Plus he stole her aunts (?) SUV. I think this will turn out to be someone known to the family or at least known to her. imo

Yes, not many people plan to kidnap someone but then don't have a car. It seems to me like it was planned, but that car was always apart of their plan.

He came prepared to do something nefarious in my opinion.

No one walks around dressed in black with a hoodie pulled low over their face with a bandanna already tied in place obscuring their lower face - unless they are up to something.

He was out to rob, steal, take Hania and/or the vehicle. Perhaps someone “squatting” in one of the mobile homes or a new “friend” staying with someone there.

Surveillance video

The Lumberton Police Department and the FBI have found images from multiple video cameras in Lumberton that captured the SUV wanted in connection with the kidnapping of 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar. Investigators have been collecting and analyzing surveillance video since Hania was taken from her home on November 5, 2018. The images were captured at several areas near her home within minutes after the kidnapping. One camera near the entrance of the Rosewood Mobile Home Park shows video of the SUV leaving the park and turning left onto Highway 41/Elizabethtown Road in Lumberton.

We are using these videos to accurately track the movements of the vehicle. Therefore, we are asking home and business owners with surveillance camera systems to call our tip line at 910-272-5871. Your footage could be important to our investigation, even if it did not capture an image of the SUV. Please, call us if we have not already been in contact with you to request video footage.

Hi G,

Someone had also mentioned upstream maybe still boarded up from the hurricanes.

I’m local. The boards on her house look new. They might have been put up before the storm to protect the windows, but haven’t been removed yet. Or they could be to cover up damage that occurred during Florence. I know there was some wind damage in that part of town.

WFMY News 2 on Twitter | 3:02 AM (EST) - 8 Nov 2018

VIDEO: SUV Connected to Hania Aguilar's Kidnapping Caught on Surveillance wfmynews2.com/article/news/c …

DrdyrtGXgAAERlH.jpg

Morning Express with Robin Meade on Twitter | 7:30 AM (EST) - 8 Nov 2018

New evidence in the urgent search for a 13-year-old girl, kidnapped steps from her home in North Carolina. Look at surveillance video showing the Green Expedition SUV authorities say the kidnapper stole when he took #HaniaAguilar.

(*video at link)

Justin Hinton on Twitter | 7:49 AM (EST)- 8 Nov 2018

SEARCH CONTINUES: Authorities continue to ask for help finding 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar who was taken from outside her home in Lumberton, NC, on Monday: http://bit.ly/2z5W2hV

Dre0bC3VAAA7zMM.jpg

Surveillance video

The Lumberton Police Department and the FBI have found images from multiple video cameras in Lumberton that captured the SUV wanted in connection with the kidnapping of 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar. Investigators have been collecting and analyzing surveillance video since Hania was taken from her home on November 5, 2018. The images were captured at several areas near her home within minutes after the kidnapping. One camera near the entrance of the Rosewood Mobile Home Park shows video of the SUV leaving the park and turning left onto Highway 41/Elizabethtown Road in Lumberton.

We are using these videos to accurately track the movements of the vehicle. Therefore, we are asking home and business owners with surveillance camera systems to call our tip line at 910-272-5871. Your footage could be important to our investigation, even if it did not capture an image of the SUV. Please, call us if we have not already been in contact with you to request video footage.

This video shows the SUV driving down Hornets road and turning left on Rt 41/Elizabethtown Road. It was taken by the cameras of a mobile home dealer that is there now, but is not on Google Maps. The video stops at the entrance to the Peddlers Mall, which is across the street from the mobile home dealer.

Yes, Hurricane Florence devastated parts of the Carolinas and the boarded windows are likely a result. I'm hoping LE is spreading the word that immigrant status should not hinder someone coming forward with information. I'm not trying to be political or even state my stance in the issue, but when a child's life is in danger, I would hope that would not be a concern.
JMO, MOO, etc
Unfortunately the Hispanic community is very afraid of law enforcement. I’ve been working disaster recovery here in Lumberton and the people in mobile home parks like this one will not come into Center to get food and supplies. We make up boxes and deliver them to the residents that won’t come in. No questions asked, no names recorded, no photos, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298