Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi G,

Someone had also mentioned upstream maybe still boarded up from the hurricanes.

I’m local. The boards on her house look new. They might have been put up before the storm to protect the windows, but haven’t been removed yet. Or they could be to cover up damage that occurred during Florence. I know there was some wind damage in that part of town.

Thanks both for the answer. It hadn't even occurred to me that an older mobile home could sustain only minor damage from hurricane force winds. I always read about mobile homes like this being totally destroyed in hurricanes and tornados. I guess some people board up their mobile homes and risk staying in them or hope they don't blow away while they evacuate. Leaving the boards up this long seems dangerous, however, if there is no window damage-- it blocks exit out that window in the case of a fire. I hope you are right and that's all it is-- minor hurricane damage. The boards gave me a very unsettled feeling, like maybe there had been break-ins recently. :(

Well, I read all of the rest of this thread but like everyone else don't feel anymore ahead. I was hoping maybe there were were more details I missed but nada... So sad and concerning... And definitely not looking good with all the time that has passed... :(

Yeah unfortunately there is not much to go on which makes these cases so difficult.

Some of us were focusing on the surveilance videos and pictures since that was at least something tangible.
We know his direction of travel leaving the area but unless we can figure out his planned destination then not sure it helps a whole lot.

The one picture of the vehicle with his lights on I dont think we ever figured out where that one was taken because there is not enough in the background to tell.

Hope LE is getting much more by now that leads to her return. I was sure hoping he would have just released her shortly after taking the vehicle but the longer this goes on the less hope that he will just let her go.

The million dollar question is who was this guy and why did he take her and where is she now?

Thanks both for the answer. It hadn't even occurred to me that an older mobile home could sustain only minor damage from hurricane force winds. I always read about mobile homes like this being totally destroyed in hurricanes and tornados. I guess some people board up their mobile homes and risk staying in them or hope they don't blow away while they evacuate. Leaving the boards up this long seems dangerous, however, if there is no window damage-- it blocks exit out that window in the case of a fire. I hope you are right and that's all it is-- minor hurricane damage. The boards gave me a very unsettled feeling, like maybe there had been break-ins recently. :(
There actually wasn’t much wind damage from Florence. It was the rain that created the disaster here. The Lumber River hit record levels, dams and levys broke, etc. It wiped out a good part of town and totally destroyed some communities. I live on the outskirts on the east side of Lumberton and our property was covered by water for 12 days. Our house is raised so it was ok, but the river was flowing underneath it.

This is a truly sad case. I’ve lived in various towns throughout NC my whole life and while this case doesn’t surprise me, the way in which Hania was taken does. Currently, I’m in Western NC and received the Amber Alert immediately. Over the past few days, I have definitely noticed a heavy police presence on the roads.

I work in the healthcare field. For a while, lived in Spartanburg SC, which is also a small town with high crime rates and a lot of heavy human trafficking. It’s sad to see the numbers of young females that show up to the ER who are seemingly being “trafficked”, especially when you really can’t do much for them except try to get them alone (I need to run a test, come with me we will be right back) and give them options if they want help. The difference in these cases? Most of the girls you see aren’t 13 year olds kidnapped against their will. They are runaways, or kids tricked into the life of prostitution with the promise of a good home and love. I don’t sense that here, which is more frightening.

Also, it doesn’t seem like the manner in which Hania was taken could be happenchance. The guy was dressed to be hidden, Hania was known to crank the car in the mornings, and he got away without a hitch and the car has yet to be found. This guy knew what he was doing. He was looking for a victim and she just happened to be the perfect prey. Whether she was a victim for him personally or one to sell is the question.

When you look at the maps of the area where Hania was abducted, there are plenty of getaway options. IMO the kidnapper either ditched the car somewhere close by (meaning he has ties to the area and a house with a garage or somewhere to stash the car very close to the mobile home park) or hit the interstate as fast as he could to take I-95 south to Atlanta, the biggest human trafficking hub on the east coast. Myrtle Beach is a huge area for it (statistically, when asked where they were going after being released from prison, a majority of NC sex offenders say they are headed to Myrtle Beach). The fact the car hasn’t been seen by anyone says a lot. To me that means the car was ditched a long time ago somewhere that’s covered.

I think at this point, staying and looking close to home is the best option. That car HAS to be hidden close by or it would have been seen by now.

If it was me that had just stolen a car and kidnapped a girl, I would have went straight for the deserted miles of farmland towards the direction the SUV was last seen heading if I wanted the girl myself. If I wanted to sell her, I would go Myrtle Beach or Atlanta. Either way, I would ditch the car.

Proud of how LE has handled this one so far, minus how long it took to get the story from the family to the police. This case could and should be a game changer for the 911 call system as we maybe could have saved this girl if the concerns were able to be expressed and understood immediately.

Unfortunately the Hispanic community is very afraid of law enforcement. I’ve been working disaster recovery here in Lumberton and the people in mobile home parks like this one will not come into Center to get food and supplies. We make up boxes and deliver them to the residents that won’t come in. No questions asked, no names recorded, no photos, etc.
I am concerned in this case that people are afraid to come forward with info for this very reason. I hope there is assurance that they will not endanger themselves by speaking to LE.

Of course, it's entirely possible that nobody knows anything to tell. I just have a hunch, though, that someone in that trailer park knows someone who was visiting or saw someone walking in the trailer park that morning. The guy came from somewhere....without a car.

jmo

If Hania was the target, then it had to have been a regular occurrence for her to start the car and he would have to have known that. Otherwise, he would have pulled up in a vehicle to grab her...probably when she was at the bus stop. Even if he had a car close by, what was he gonna do, carry her over his shoulder for 100 yards? Nope. He had to have known the car would be running. IF she was the end game.

And I'd like to know what kind of kid she normally is. IF the aunt told her not to start the car and IF she did anyway.....why? Was she typically disobedient?

Unfortunately the Hispanic community is very afraid of law enforcement. I’ve been working disaster recovery here in Lumberton and the people in mobile home parks like this one will not come into Center to get food and supplies. We make up boxes and deliver them to the residents that won’t come in. No questions asked, no names recorded, no photos, etc.

That is great that you are helping everyone there and I know what you mean that some are afraid of LE for different reasons.

I have always felt that LE in each city should do a better job to communicate how people can anonymously call in tips or report tips anonymously. Some cities do good but some dont.

A lot of people get afraid of contacting LE and I really feel more crimes can be solved if each city had a standard way to ensure that anonymous tips can be made. Its scary to report a tip when most people dont want to contact LE to begin with. Even if nothing to hide it is a scary thing to do for lots of people. Its frightening for lots of people because the only interaction we ever had with LE was usually a bad situation like being pulled over.

If I had control then what I would do is always have two different phone numbers for people to call and two different website links. One set for anonymous reporting that is guaranteed to be totally anonymous and the other set for people to report that dont mind if anonymous or not.

I understand LE sometimes likes to recontact a tipster to get more information about a tip so there are reasons to have both ways. Its just not communicated enough to the public how to report a tip totally anonymously.

Like yesterday during news conference they mainly gave the one main number to report tips on this crime and that is helpful but some may be afraid to make that call because I didnt hear anything about a way to call in a tip anonymously unless I missed it.

Stolen SUV has been found

Hania Noelia Aguilar: SUV used to kidnap Lumberton girl found :: WRAL.com
The green SUV that was stolen earlier this week during the kidnapping of a 13-year-old Lumberton girl has been found, authorities confirmed Thursday to WRAL News.

According to the Lumberton County Sheriff's Office, the SUV was located but the search for the girl continues.

Tracy Clemons News on Twitter | 9:48 AM (EST) - 8 Nov 2018

BREAKING NEWS: The SUV a man was driving when he kidnapped Hania Aguilar has been found.

FOX8 WGHP on Twitter

Amy Wood 7 News on Twitter | 10:03 AM (EST) - 8 Nov 2018

BREAKING -- The stolen SUV used in the kidnapping of Hania Aguilar was found just before 8:00 this morning off Quincey Road in Lumberton, NC. The FBI's Evidence Response Team will process the vehicle. The search for Hania continues. TIP LINE 910-272-5871.

NBC Charlotte on Twitter | 10:06 AM (EST) - 8 Nov 2018

#BREAKING: The stolen SUV used in the kidnapping of Hania Aguilar was found just before 8:00 this morning off Quincey Road in Lumberton.

HANIA IS STILL MISSING

http://on.wcnc.com/2RHtG4b

DrfT1ULU4AI1o3y.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics