Found Deceased NC - Heddie Dawkins, 81, seen at night with blood on face, severe dementia, left in pajamas & slippers, High Point, 24 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is probably a silly question, but I'm asking as I'm fortunate to not have experience firsthand with dementia. Would a person suffering be able to read and remember their own name?

This is probably a silly question, but I'm asking as I'm fortunate to not have experience firsthand with dementia. Would a person suffering be able to read and remember their own name?
dementia is a different experience for each person who suffers it. Also there are several forms of dementia. Lewey Bodies, Alzhiemer, etc.

Generally patients recall their own name and those of the people they knew in their youth. They may not have as easy a time recalling their current neighbor's name yet can recall the neighbor they had in their 20s for instance. Short term memory seems to be more affected than long term IME. Reading, I haven't known anyone to stop being capable of reading due to dementia.

I think it is a good idea to leave her food and water. It can't hurt. My concern is that she may be wandering trying to get to somewhere that doesn't exist anymore or isn't hers anymore. Dementia patients can be looking for home. Only home isn't where they live now, it's where they grew up, or where they and their spouse lived as newlyweds. I hope some thought is being given to Ms. Heddie's earlier years and where they were spent. She is likely trying to get to somewhere specific. But that somewhere specific may be around the corner or across the country.

Last edited:
SBM

Some members of the community have put out gift bags with Heddie’s name, hoping that she may find them and get the food and water she might need.

“We want to find Ms. Dawkins alive,” said High Point Police Chief Travis Stroud. “Until we’re told differently I’m going to approach it like she’s alive.”

HEDDIE-BAG0000080.jpg

Amen, Chief! The bags are an awesome idea! I pray to God it works so Ms. Heddie can be located soon.

Possible Breaking News!!!!
Just watched channel 2 news. They are saying reports of some kind of activity happening on the case but not confirmed. The news is on the way.
Please Pray!!!!

Not confirmed but rumors of her being found from 107.5 radio. NOT CONFIRMED.

Last edited:
Press conference coming channel8.
No conference happened, maybe at 11pm.
Sorry!

Last edited:
A search member found her around 5pm after they were walking down Hickswood Rd. and the home owner said they could check the woods next to home.
I have a feeling the home owners were maybe older and physically unable to check that wooded area. Many seniors in area.
This is an old Quaker community.

Thanks! everyone for following and praying for Heddie.

From looking at google maps Hickswood Rd.(1523) is a main road that runs straight parallel next to Penny Rd. Her home on Blockhouse Court is just off main road Penny Rd. Less than a mile.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back