GUILTY NC - Jameson 'Jamie' Hahn, 29, stabbed to death, Raleigh, 22 April 201

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm a local, so this case has special significance to me. I was listening to the defense questions of two witnesses and I don't get the line of questioning either. Odd.

I also noticed I get a pausing of the live stream quite frequently. It's not the Continue button, but it just stops and won't start back. I have to go out of the site and return anew to click on play. It's odd.

I'm live streaming this trial (paying partial attention). I'm confused by what the defense attorney us doing droning on and on with the neighbor who helped Jamie when she came to their door. He spent about an hour talking about the woman's daughters looking out the window and calling for their parents. Is he stalling for time for some reason or is there a point in here somewhere? Maybe he doesn't want the jury to hear the husband's testimony before the weekend? I can't figure out what he's doing, because he's going in extreme slow motion and not not making any point IMO. Is anyone else listening in?

Hi, Boodles -- good to hear from you! I was just telling DH about this guy -- I said about the same thing you said above -- he is pleasant enuff, I don't dislike him as I have more that one def. atty, but I don't understand what he's doing up there, either. He doesn't appear to be a beginning atty, so what's his deal? I yelled at him earlier today, telling him to get on with it, but he didn't seem to hear me, of if he did, he didn't stop going on & on & on & on & on & on.

I thought the last witness today -- the RPD officer who did a very good job, IMO -- was going to fall asleep after Arbour had gone on & on & on & on & on & on. Does he have a reason for this? He's got a tuff case, IMO, so maybe he's thinking that The Rapture will occur before the jury retires to render a verdict. It's possible, I guess. I didn't think he would ever finish with the first witness -- entirely too long and for what? Maybe we'll see, but I'm doubtful.

I'm stickin' with it, though... so I'll be here... :gaah: . :banghead: . :waiting: . :blah: . :sleep: . :snail: . :pullhair: . :noooo: . :bored: . :bored:

I'll just speculate and say that maybe the defense is trying to develop a rapport with the jury. Maybe by introducing himself through examinations he can show he has read reports, studied the facts carefully and that he is committed to the case. So, when he starts making his contentions, the jury will have a favorable impression of him and that's not the first thing they hear from him.

I'm a local, so this case has special significance to me. I was listening to the defense questions of two witnesses and I don't get the line of questioning either. Odd.

I also noticed I get a pausing of the live stream quite frequently. It's not the Continue button, but it just stops and won't start back. I have to go out of the site and return anew to click on play. It's odd.

I had the same problem -- but didn't have it yesterday. Dunno what it is. When it resumes, it picks up where it stopped but with this droning on & on by the defense, I can feel my hair & fat cells growing. Ho-hum. Maybe there is a motive to his madness, but I can't think of one. Most of the time it seems to bolster the prosecution's case by sheer repetition. Skxxxxxxxxx.

So glad to have another local on this, Prancy! Good to see ya!

We'll see if there is any freezing tonight. If not, I guess they will start back at 9:30, right?

I am local. No ice but did check to see if there's a delay due to weather.None post for courts in Wake County so they're on for 9:30 I assume.

I looked at the WRAL site and saw the various witnesses that have testified. I saw the testimony of the two neighbor ladies and the police officer. I just wanted to confirm that Nation Hahn had not testified yet. I really do want to hear what he has to say. The way the neighbors described what they observed as Nation and Jamie left their house seems very odd to me. I'm trying to figure it out. Does anyone think that the defendant will take the stand?

Nathan Hahn has not testified. I wouldn't be surprised if the defendant takes the stand because I think driving home the idea that this was a planned suicide rather than a premeditated murder will be impossible without some input from Broyhill. JMO

I looked at the WRAL site and saw the various witnesses that have testified. I saw the testimony of the two neighbor ladies and the police officer. I just wanted to confirm that Nation Hahn had not testified yet. I really do want to hear what he has to say. The way the neighbors described what they observed as Nation and Jamie left their house seems very odd to me. I'm trying to figure it out. Does anyone think that the defendant will take the stand?

Good Morning, Prancy and all WS's -- Guests, please join our gang -- it's free; there's a lot more to see & do as a member; and it's the best justice site in the world. Jump in with us!!

Nation has definitely not testified yet -- I'm thinking he may be the last one the PT presents. As to Broyhill on the stand -- It's a toss-up, IMO. There are things that the DT wants on record that only his testimony could provide, IMO. DT closing statements, which could take a day and a half of elocution by Arbour, are not evidence, as we know. That Broyhill really & truly <choke> intended to only kill himself can only be from testimony he would articulate -- a shrink can testify, and they probably need that, but the psych could only say so much. I think they need him to testify, but it could be a disaster. Maybe we'll have more of a feel for it after further PT evidence...

I agree. I know that normally it is not advisable for a defendant to take the stand, but I think they may do it in this case. What do they have to lose really?

I'm curious as to how the stabbing started and finished inside the Hahn house. He admits he took the large knife with him into the home. So, he intended to kill himself inside the Hahn house, IF he was confronted? WHY didn't Jamie answer Nation when he asked her on her deathbed if she confronted Broyhill?

Did Broyhill cut and stab himself before or after he stabbed Jamie? Why were Jamie and Nation seeking help, but not seemingly afraid that Broyhill would follow them into the neighborhood? I have lots of questions.

I know we have been speculating about the nature of the defense attorney's cross. I have my theories, but I'm still trying to figure it out. It's rather bizarre. If he has nothing to allege regarding the report this officer prepared, then much of this is very odd.

Yesterday, a telephone conversation between Jamie Hahn and the bill collector witness was played. Jamie's sweet, friendly voice filled the courtroom. All I could think of -- and I am still thinking of it -- was poor Nation hearing her voice after so many, many months that he has not heard it. He seems so sweet to me -- MSM articles have shown him to be a wonderful man and citizen when reporting the progress on this crime. He could be my son. How my heart ached for him -- and the other family members -- when her voice flooded the courtroom. Just had to put this in words...

Otherwise -- we're back into the long (and for what?) x-exam with the RPD officer. At least I can get up and get another bon-bon <snort> without thinking I'll miss something... <yawn>

Morning all! I've deduced that the defense attorney has nothing, that he's just taking up time and blowing smoke. Contrast this to the prosecutor who is succinct, efficient, cuts to the point and moves along. I watched the neighbor testimony via video last evening. The prosecutor elicited details from her in 20 minutes. The defense then took 55 minutes to talk about.....nothing.

I realize the defense has nothing to work with except a client who wouldn't plead guilty, but his elaborate BS is insulting to the jury, IMO. I would think it alienates them rather than builds a rapport; must they not be frustrated that he never makes any relevant points? I am lacking in patience and Arbour drives me nuts. I have him on mute now until the prosecution starts with the next witness.

The prosecutor said, in his opening statement, that Nation would testify. Boy, that's going to be something. Perhaps Arbour is droning on taking up time in order to make sure they don't get to Nation before the weekend. He probably wouldn't want the jurors to leave the court today after hearing the husband of the victim, giving them all weekend to let that soak in. I'm really curious to find out more about the relationship between Broyhill and Nation. What will Nation's demeanor be toward Broyhill now? Will there be raw anger, compassion, a mixture?

I know we have been speculating about the nature of the defense attorney's cross. I have my theories, but I'm still trying to figure it out. It's rather bizarre. If he has nothing to allege regarding the report this officer prepared, then much of this is very odd.

Yeah -- that's all I can figure -- that the DT is gonna reference the report to show that it's in conflict with his testimony or that it's not very thorough. If not, there are a lot of minutes that no one listening to this will never get back... Arbour may deliver a hard punch to the PT's case with all this on-and-on, but I will believe it when I see and hear it.

Like many here, I have followed a lot of trials, but I have yet to see anything quite like this defense attorney. Someone needs to reign this guy in. He basically just took over the courtroom!

It is a mystery. I'm waiting for the punch. I mean, why ask the officer about a bump in the road on the way to the scene? I laughed this morning when at one point the officer told the guy that he didn't understand his point.....lol ME either. lol

Maybe he wants to know how they knew Broyhill's injuries were self inflicted. The officer was clear he thought the injuries were self inflicted. But, what does that matter. It's to the Defense's benefit that they stipulate to that.

With regard to Nation Hahn. I want to know the sequence of events. I have a lot of questions about that. I want to know if the struggle occurred in the kitchen. We saw one chair overturned. How could a struggle that inflicted twentyomething stab wounds only result in one overturned chair? I would think a fight for your life would have involved a huge mess in that room. I'm trying to figure this out.

I know Caroline a little. I don't know the gentlemen. I hesitate to be critical, but honestly.......this questioning is very bizarre and makes me wonder if he is not alienating the jury and not gaining rapport. It's very difficult to listen to his line of questioning. I have yet to learn anything additional from it. I'm not sure how much more I can bear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back