Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks pappa rob :)

stmarysmead - to my knowledge there has been no background information given on Molly Martens other than what has been supplied by court documents and public statements by both families. I;m based in Ireland myself, and Irish media are not usually inclined to report too deeply on these matters pre-trial as it is illegal to do so in Ireland regarding a pending criminal case in the Irish courts. Because this will be tried in the US different rules apply, but Irish journalists may not have the same access locally as someone based in Knoxville or nearby would have.

I have looked online but the only pre-Ireland info I found was the yearbooks and the yahoo profile. There is some speculation on Facebook that she may have been engaged briefly but that the relationship ended due to an obsession with her fiance's child, however I have not been able to find any engagement announcements etc online or anything else to verify or give more info on this.

Documents from the swim team she was coaching indicate that she told other parents that she was on the Clemson swim team, but again, I haven't been able to verify that she was through online means.

http://amghoanet.com/Portals/9/2014_Meadowlands_Swim_Team.pdf
What year did she attend Clemson? One of my life long friends attended Clemson and she was on the swim team all four years there. I can ask her to do some digging!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What year did she attend Clemson? One of my life long friends attended Clemson and she was on the swim team all four years there. I can ask her to do some digging!

Her picture is in the 2003 yearbook as a freshman.

Details on yearbooks here: #70

Okay, not sure if this is useful or relevant, but Molly and many of her neighbours seem to have volunteered and been involved in a group called 'Family Service of High Point'. Among other things this group provides 'domestic violence shelter, providing safety, therapy, and court advocacy for battered women and their children'

http://www.familyservice-piedmont.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/HPOR_Invitation_2015.pdf

Her picture is on their Facebook cover:
644441_366625750199866_4221997195277271647_n.jpg
(edit: she is standing in the left side, behind the girl in the white sweater)

https://www.facebook.com/GuildofFamilyServiceHP

I imagine this means that she would have had a good knowledge of the avenues open to her if she was indeed an abused wife.

She is also a member of the Farragut High School Class of 2002 Ten Year Reunion--August 4, 2012 so I imagine that is her high school and graduating year.

I'd be very interested to see if your friend remembers here, Mountaingazer

Okay, not sure if this is useful or relevant, but Molly and many of her neighbours seem to have volunteered and been involved in a group called 'Family Service of High Point'. Among other things this group provides 'domestic violence shelter, providing safety, therapy, and court advocacy for battered women and their children'

http://www.familyservice-piedmont.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/HPOR_Invitation_2015.pdf

Her picture is on their Facebook cover:
644441_366625750199866_4221997195277271647_n.jpg
(edit: she is standing in the left side, behind the girl in the white sweater)

https://www.facebook.com/GuildofFamilyServiceHP

I imagine this means that she would have had a good knowledge of the avenues open to her if she was indeed an abused wife.

She is also a member of the Farragut High School Class of 2002 Ten Year Reunion--August 4, 2012 so I imagine that is her high school and graduating year.

I'd be very interested to see if your friend remembers here, Mountaingazer

I'd be interested to know when she joined the Guild of family services.

If before the murder, then she had a host of information and knowledge of services available to her other than homicide.

If after...oh my...that's a ploy to build her "abuse excuse" and probably where a lot if her FB support is coming from. Because since even the smallest amount of FACT came out...her story is being shown to be full of lies. But she probably has been "fantasizing" to a group of caring women prior to this who had no reason, considering their mission, to not find her credible.

Wonder when she joined?

I just read through this entire thread and you guys have been doing some fantastic sleuthing on this girl. I have a feeling this trial is going to be VERY interesting. I just hope the prosecutor is as on to her as you guys are.

How creepy that she started an Instagram account just to add photos of the kids and write messages to them (and on FB too). I think it's pretty clear that she's trying her best to paint a picture of a doting mom who didn't have any other choice before her trial. People like this are beyond scary.

jmo

Wonder if she thinks that joining and meeting women active in the community who might spread her story...will pollute the jury pool?

I'd be interested to know when she joined the Guild of family services.

The photo with her in it was uploaded 6 march 2015. The programme for the march event I linked to has her listed as part of some sort of decorating committee for an event on 6th March so I expect she was involved for some time before.

The photo with her in it was uploaded 6 march 2015. The programme for the march event I linked to has her listed as part of some sort of decorating committee for an event on 6th March so I expect she was involved for some time before.

Oh...the decorating committee. What fun!

Well, this could be used to show she has plenty of info and resources. And the time during the day...to leave...even with the kids...and go to a "safe house."

Was Jason at work the Friday before she murdered him? Then why not take the kids who are home all day in the summer..and go to her parents and escape the abuse? Have Daddy get you a lawyer. Make your accusations and your case.

No first she has to beat Jason to death with a brick and a bat. Why? Because she had no case.

IMO she was raging and her parents, knowing her mental problems, scurried down there, to control her. But they went to bed at some point. Now they are doing their best, George and Condy Anthony style, to protect the killer.

My opinion only.

fRom Jason's sister's eulogy for him:

She said: “After Mags died he lived his life with dignity, but was a lost soul and the light and spark was never fully replaced. If Jason couldn’t be here, I knew in my heart he wanted to be with Mags. Right up until he went to America [in 2011], he spent every single day at her grave. We would often pass and return an hour later he would still be there. A friend of ours told us recently that he would bring his lunch and read her the papers. She was his world and he felt blessed to have that kind of love in his life.

fRom Jason's sister's eulogy for him:

She said: “After Mags died he lived his life with dignity, but was a lost soul and the light and spark was never fully replaced. If Jason couldn’t be here, I knew in my heart he wanted to be with Mags. Right up until he went to America [in 2011], he spent every single day at her grave. We would often pass and return an hour later he would still be there. A friend of ours told us recently that he would bring his lunch and read her the papers. She was his world and he felt blessed to have that kind of love in his life.

It does sound that Jason Corbett was a decent good-hearted guy who was totally broken-up over the death of his first wife but tried to make a go of it again for the sake of his children. Not only family and friends, but also employees talk about him being very kind and approachable. It also sounds like he was not keen at all to leave his home and family and mostly did this under pressure from Molly, without all the facts at his disposal, and with the added pressure of needing to make the right decision for his kids. Moving to the US would have been very isolating for someone used to living in a town where he grew up, surrounded by family and friends. Almost certainly his reasoning for moving was more related to the needs of his wife-to-be and children than his own. It seems like towards the end he figured out it had been a bad move but just didn't manage to get out of there in time.

First Post! Long time reader.

Hi everyone :-)

Im from ireland and my husband is from close to where Jasons family live, so its quite close to home for me. Its been all over the news for the last few months, with little snippets here and there.
Heres a news report from today that I hadn't heard about previously, that MMs Uncle (not sure if same uncle from previous posts that claim she was a good student etc). Apparently the kids visas and passports were kept at the office.

http://evoke.ie/news/molly-martens-uncle-tried-to-get-access-to-jasons-office

Welcome tazzer! :wagon::greetings::welcome4:

Look forward to more of your posts from the Emerald Isle. I think most of us here have Miss Molly's number. There are, however, many followers and cheerleaders, on social media, who think she is a sweet, loving, mother, who has been wrongly accused. What is wrong with people??? :gasp: But then there are women who have married convicted murderers like Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, Menendez brothers, to name a few. :twocents:

IMHO

I just listened to the 911 call again. Does anyone else hear a difference in the sound of her counting during the main part of the call...compared to the sounds she makes beginning when her Dad says that help has arrived?

The counting n the first part does not have the sound of exertion...but as soon as Dad says someone is entering the house, there is the grunting of breath from exertion.

Were they even giving compressions prior to the arrival of "help?"

I may be wrong. Anyone else hear what I think I hear?

Her picture is in the 2003 yearbook as a freshman.

Details on yearbooks here: #70
Great, thanks! I just sent her an email, the lucky goose is on vacation in the Bahamas right now so I can't call. I will let you all know what I can find out. She didn't start there until 2004, but I will see what she might know.

I just listened to the 911 call again. Does anyone else hear a difference in the sound of her counting during the main part of the call...compared to the sounds she makes beginning when her Dad says that help has arrived?

The counting n the first part does not have the sound of exertion...but as soon as Dad says someone is entering the house, there is the grunting of breath from exertion.

Were they even giving compressions prior to the arrival of "help?"

I may be wrong. Anyone else hear what I think I hear?

Will listen again, but don't really think any lifesaving procedures were used that morning. They didn't want him to live! Remember how Tom said Jason was covered in blood? He meant, eww, I don't want to touch him! :twocents:

IMHO

Great, thanks! I just sent her an email, the lucky goose is on vacation in the Bahamas right now so I can't call. I will let you all know what I can find out. She didn't start there until 2004, but I will see what she might know.

Thanks, Mountaingazer! Can't wait to hear what your friend remembers about Molly!

:yourock:

There are, however, many followers and cheerleaders, on social media, who think she is a sweet, loving, mother, who has been wrongly accused. What is wrong with people??? :gasp:

IMHO

I can understand some of the motivations to believe her. For those who have become friendly with her in the last year or two, it must be hard to admit you have judged someone's character so poorly. It surely compounds it further when you consider they may have left their own children in her care without any worry. They have a vested interest in her being honest, because if she is not they may have inadvertently put their own kids in danger, and really who wants to think about that? There is even something a little admirable about someone who will stick by a friend until the end, though they will likely regret it when all is said and done.

Some of the new Facebook friends that she has gain recently are probably either mothers whose kids have been put in another person's care, or stepmothers who adore their step kids and see the Lynches and Corbetts actions as prioritising biology over the emotional well-being of the kids. In fairness, early on some supporters of the campaign to bring the children back to Ireland did stray a bit too far into this rhetoric and this was compounded by the idea spread by the Martens family that the children had lived with Molly in the US all their life and didn't know their Irish family. These people have less excuse because by now a lot of the facts of the case have emerged and this argument just doesn't hold water any more.

The rest of them, I don't know what they are thinking. There are a few of them from Ireland who genuinely just seem to be there to court controversy :shame:

Have any of the Irish newspapers done any investigation into Molly's life before she came to work for Jason?

I would bet there is a lot to find there. The little we know just does not fit together to make sense. A very, very intelligent girl with two college educated parents, does not usually just drop out of college and not find another school or career path. Was she employed as a Nanny before Jason hired her? Or just as a babysitte, odd jobs?

Did Jason use an agency to find her as a Nanny? Did she disclose she was bi-polar to the agency so prospective employers would be aware? Or did she lie? Is it possibly to be vetted for a job caring for two small children and not have to disclose bi-polar disease or mental issues? I don't know...but if I were hiring a Nanny, I'd sure want to know. Look at that heinous case in NYC...Leo and Lulu.

The Irish papers could be so helpful if they would look at Molly's history before Jason.

Have been wondering about this same thing. That is, the liability of the au pair agency, in placing someone with a family, without doing a complete health history/mental evaluation. Sometimes, people answer ads, Craigslist, etc. when seeking an au pair. Not sure when Jason and family became aware she was bipolar. Have also heard she is very fond of her vino! Not a great mix with psych meds. :trainwreck:

IMHO

Will listen again, but don't really think any lifesaving procedures were used that morning. They didn't want him to live! Remember how Tom said Jason was covered in blood? He meant, eww, I don't want to touch him! :twocents:

IMHO

While it seems likely Jason was probably dead a while before the call was made, if they were smart (all evidence to the contrary) they would carry out the compressions anyway in the full knowledge that they were futile. I'm not sure of this, but would have though that a medical examiner could detect the sort of post-mortem bruising that sort of activity would create. I have heard it is possible to crack ribs if you are apply the level of pressure needed for proper chest compressions. Does anyone know if when chest compressions are carried out they can be detected in a post-mortem exam?

I fail to see what any hoopla about her being mother of the year has to do with anything, anyway. Being a loving mother and a murderer are not mutually exclusive. She could have been the joy of those children's lives up until she killed their father, and it wouldn't change the fact that she can't have custody.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I fail to see what any hoopla about her being mother of the year has to do with anything, anyway. Being a loving mother and a murderer are not mutually exclusive. She could have been the joy of those children's lives up until she killed their father, and it wouldn't change the fact that she can't have custody.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That is true, and if anything all of this talk of how her life revolved around the children and they were her whole world makes it seem even more likely that the thought of them being taken from her might be too much to bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence