GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
thank you, would you know how much it would cost?
It depends on what form you get. A paper transcript is priced by the number of pages. A digital version which I am sure they would have would be a flat fee for the disk and the are allowed to ad a small fee for the amount of time is takes to copy it (LOL I know that sounds silly) years ago I got an audio transcript of a proceeding that was $7.00 but not all Courts make audio files. Each county's price varies within the limits of the law here in NC and SC. So long way around someone will just have to call the clerk of Courts in Davidson County and aske for the price.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is $1.00 a page and a $10 -$20 labor fee for a paper copy.
(Just a guess based on my experience with local governments.)

on Judge Shipwash's campaign page it give this rate:
Regular copy by mail (not certified)$2.00 first page and .25 each additional page
Files greater than 50 pages must be handled in person at the Clerk’s Office.

I just spoke to the court reporter from the trial. She is working on the transcripts now and thinks they may be ready in November. I asked her about price of the transcripts (without voir dire) and she gave a guess of $1500-$2000. Again, that's an estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just spoke to the court reporter from the case. She is working on the transcripts now and thinks they may be ready in November. I asked her about price of the transcripts (without voir dire) and she gave a guess of $1500-$2000. Again, that's an estimate.

I know- we could set up a crowdfunding page to raise the money :D

I know- we could set up a crowdfunding page to raise the money :D

She's going to contact me when the transcripts are done and give me a final price. I'll update everyone. She was very nice and said it was the most interesting case.

A group of us bought files from the Teresa Sievers case (hasn't gone to trial yet) and I want to say it was "cheaper" the more pages there were.

I now see the reply with the price quote, I wonder if you can pick the parts you want most and buy those?

IMO

A group of us bought files from the Teresa Sievers case (hasn't gone to trial yet) and I want to say it was "cheaper" the more pages there were.

I now see the reply with the price quote, I wonder if you can pick the parts you want most and buy those?

IMO

You can pick if you want certain days only or certain people's testimony. I just had her give me the estimate on the week and a half of testimony.

You can pick if you want certain days only or certain people's testimony. I just had her give me the estimate on the week and a half of testimony.

wow thats a lot would def need a crowd fund thank you for checking it out

Here is a portion of the info I received from the clerk of Courts
As far as pricing for non-certified copies you are looking at over 500 pages at $2.00 each page. Digital copies are no charge. Due to the size of these files, if you choose the digital option will you please give me a call before sending your request for such?

one of us can get the digital and upload it to google drive. If anyone is impatient and wants the contact info let me know.

Here is a portion of the info I received from the clerk of Courts

one of use can get the digital and upload it to google drive. If anyone is impatient and wants the contact info let me know.

Who did you speak to in the clerk of courts office? I spoke with the actual court reporter from the trial for the quote I gave. I'll call her back tomorrow and ask if digital will be available. She didn't mention it today.

Who did you speak to in the clerk of courts office? I spoke with the actual court reporter from the trial for the quote I gave. I'll call her back tomorrow and ask if digital will be available. She didn't mention it today.

she asked that I call her before sending the formal request for the digital files and then make the request to <modsnip> I have an email for her if you need it.

I submitted a written request for pricing on both paper and digital as I knew digital would be more cost effective and save whoever gets it from having to scan all the pages in. I received a written response. I used the request on Judge Shipwash's website. I used to work in County government and know how often people guess at answers over the phone in the interest of speed but written requests leave a paper trail and the are dealt with more accurately.

<modsnip>
Assistant Clerk
Davidson County Clerk of Court
North Carolina Judicial Branch
Office: 336-242-6703
Fax: 336-242-6759
Justice for all
www.NCcourts.org

<modsnip>

So glad that there's someone who knows the system who can bring some insight! Thank you, Grouchymom!

BTW, does anybody know what's happening with the Wrongful Death suit?

Two things I thought were interesting in this article - link from the Herald back on the Aug. 25th
http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/mu...spond-to-wrongful-death-lawsuit-36067348.html

Separate applications for more time to respond were made by MM and her parents - presumably this means that MM made one and TM & SM made the other? Is this usual? Seems strange...
Secondly, from this article, they were given 4 weeks to respond, so I presume this mean that the response is due by Fri. 22nd Sept.

Will the fact they are appealing their convictions put the civil case on hold? I would expect it is likely the Sharon's health will be brought into play in the form of postponements and the like.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Will the fact they are appealing their convictions put the civil case on hold? I would expect it is likely the Sharon's health will be brought into play in the form of postponements and the like.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
No they are 2 separate events. Thankfully LOL

<modsnip>
<modsnip>

Also noticed that TM has now been moved to Alexander CI since yesterday 9/13. Doesn't look like a picnic there
[video=youtube;d79DDl94Jyg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d79DDl94Jyg[/video]

I know I'm obsessing about this, but does anyone know what the "Sentence Status: Amended" means on MMs file? I thought it was because of the appeal maybe, but it doesn't show on TMs file.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• MM sentence status 14-09-2017.JPG
    MM sentence status 14-09-2017.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 270
  • TM sentence status 14-09-2017.JPG
    TM sentence status 14-09-2017.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 264
Yes I noticed. <modsnip> Twitter's gone silent too since 8/25. Probably not surprising given reaction...

Also noticed that TM has now been moved to Alexander CI since yesterday 9/13. Doesn't look like a picnic there

I know I'm obsessing about this, but does anyone know what the "Sentence Status: Amended" means on MMs file? I thought it was because of the appeal maybe, but it doesn't show on TMs file.

'I used to live near TM's new home and he will not be happy there. My oldest daughter is still in that area. However it is closer to Tenn and SM won't have to travel as far to see him.

I am am not absolutely sure but I think the amended is a boo-boo LOL. I looks like someone coded "good-time" into her sentence as the release date changed also but she is not eligible for "good-time" because she was sentenced under NC's structured sentencing law, hence the references to SS. When NC enacted structured sentencing it eliminated good-time credit. Structured sentencing makes it harder to give the convicted incarceration time early in their criminal lives but once they get there they stay. I was looking at a case yesterday where one of the people involved was sentenced to 8 months and only served 6 months for 32 forgery convictions under structured sentencing. No one here is sentenced to be incarcerated and actually serve time for the first several misdemeanor and lower felony charges. I despise it. Our courts are clogged with the same people over and over before they get more than a suspended sentence or probation. If you don't murder or rape someone you get way too many passes. It was intended to make sentencing consistent statewide and give Judges less discretion but in my opinion it just leaves way too many criminals on the street to terrorize our communities. JMHO

Here is the judicial handbook for structured sentencing. Decide for yourself you just follow the chart.
http://www.nccourts.org/Courts/CRS/Councils/spac/Documents/sstrainingmanualsupp_12.pdf

i read the article, two conflicting stories from tm in it about how jc got the bat,seriously

imoo
Noticed that. High time the Journal called itself what it is in effect, a mouthpiece for the Martens.
The entire article ignored the fundamental forensic proof which is why they were convicted.
Gutter journalism, dishonest, lazy and unethical.
As for the murderers delaying the civil case to facilitate their 'appeal'!!!

They regret nothing, except getting caught.
They still believe they were entitled to kill. entitled to special prison arrangements, entitled to fundraise based on lies, entitled to take what they want, whenever they want it.
article states 'Sm was not charged with any crime', as if that makes her innocent.!

The level of outrage this encourages is only similar to white supremacist propaganda in depth and actually.

Noticed that. High time the Journal called itself what it is in effect, a mouthpiece for the Martens.
The entire article ignored the fundamental forensic proof which is why they were convicted.
Gutter journalism, dishonest, lazy and unethical.
As for the murderers delaying the civil case to facilitate their 'appeal'!!!

They regret nothing, except getting caught.
They still believe they were entitled to kill. entitled to special prison arrangements, entitled to fundraise based on lies, entitled to take what they want, whenever they want it.
article states 'Sm was not charged with any crime', as if that makes her innocent.!

The level of outrage this encourages is only similar to white supremacist propaganda in depth and actually.

totally agree with everything you said

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee