GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've wondered about the clothes too. Why isn't there more blood on those clothes? That picture of MM holding her hands out at the police station looks like she just came from a disappointing pajama party not the scene of a rage killing. The small amount they found could have been picked up as they staged the scene or moved the vacuum.

Another puzzle.
I often wonder was the murder carried out, staging done and then clothes changed perps washed as tm would have known blood spatter on clothing would incriminate one more than the other.

Clothes changed, scene set, the postmortem hits, causing the brain matter on mm and the splatter on inner side of tm shorts, that's why imo no arterial blood was found on either tm or mm, their victims heart had ceased to beat before they had changed and carried out the staging hits postmortem.

He was so ignorant really, he was fbi but thought he could outwit the blood spatter expert also imo,

Didn't work !

Third party disposes of wet wipes, clothes, Jason's clothes????? ....civil suit??

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

http://www.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/rules-of-civil-procedure.pdf

I haven't had time to read through this but it might have some merit.

(a) IN GENERAL. A party may serve on any other party a request within the scope of Rule 26(b):
(1) to produce and permit the requesting party or its rep- resentative to inspect, copy, test, or sample the following items in the responding party’s possession, custody, or con- trol:
(A) any designated documents or electronically stored information—including writings, drawings, graphs, charts, photographs, sound recordings, images, and other data or data compilations—stored in any medium from which in- formation can be obtained either directly or, if necessary, after translation by the responding party into a reason- ably usable form; or
(B) any designated tangible things;

And look at Rule 44. I'm having trouble copying.

I'm not a lawyer so.....

You are brill !! Thank you

Do any sites in US tell you exactly where a stop occured? Asking because of an aquainteance of mm location. Wondering could she possibly have been travelling to or from their area.

A few details I'm confused about... This citation is for MPM - not MPC, her given address is her parents' address in Knoxville and she has a Tennessee driver's license. The car is licensed in North Carolina, and this information comes from the state of NC. Why did she give her address as that of her parents? Is this not technically the same as giving a false address? Why did she not use her married name? Is this because she was using an old license? She married JC in June 2011 and presumably was a resident of NC from that time. Was she not legally obliged to change her driver's license as stated here?
https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/moving/
"All new residents of North Carolina who plan to operate a motor vehicle in this state must obtain a driver license within 60 days of establishing a permanent residence. To apply, you must appear in person at one of the state's driver license offices and take the required tests. They must successfully complete the road sign recognition and vision tests to obtain a North Carolina driver license. The written and road tests may be waived if a valid license from another state is presented. If the out-of-state license has been expired more than two years, the written and road tests are required."
This citation was dated 24 July 2014, 3 years after she became resident in NC. And finally, can you get car insurance if your license is not the correct license for the state you're living in as you would have to give your home address in order to insure the car? The following link is to a PDF that gives information about NC driver's license.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&sour...ggvMAE&usg=AFQjCNG4XZccFCGEx4FqNWPhQz2Spf5D5g

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

A few details I'm confused about... This citation is for MPM - not MPC, her given address is her parents' address in Knoxville and she has a Tennessee driver's license. The car is licensed in North Carolina, and this information comes from the state of NC. Why did she give her address as that of her parents? Is this not technically the same as giving a false address? Why did she not use her married name? Is this because she was using an old license? She married JC in June 2011 and presumably was a resident of NC from that time. Was she not legally obliged to change her driver's license as stated here?
"All new residents of North Carolina who plan to operate a motor vehicle in this state must obtain a driver license within 60 days of establishing a permanent residence. To apply, you must appear in person at one of the state's driver license offices and take the required tests. They must successfully complete the road sign recognition and vision tests to obtain a North Carolina driver license. The written and road tests may be waived if a valid license from another state is presented. If the out-of-state license has been expired more than two years, the written and road tests are required."
This citation was dated 24 July 2014, 3 years after she became resident in NC. And finally, can you get car insurance if your license is not the correct license for the state you're living in as you would have to give your home address in order on insure the car? The following link is to a PDF that gives information about NC driver's license.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&sour...ggvMAE&usg=AFQjCNG4XZccFCGEx4FqNWPhQz2Spf5D5g

This family believes that our laws are for other people. Seriously.

I wonder if she didn't want JC to know where she was or what she had been doing.

I wonder if she didn't want JC to know where she was or what she had been doing.
The car mentioned in the citation was a Honda Accord. I assume it's the same one mentioned in this article:
https://www.google.ie/amp/www.irish...ws/court-orders-stay-return-jason-7744175.amp
Was there a reference anywhere to this being JC's car? That she had a different car? Or did I imagine that?

This citation was dated 24 July 2014, 3 years after she became resident in NC. And finally, can you get car insurance if your license is not the correct license for the state you're living in as you would have to give your home address in order to insure the car? The following link is to a PDF that gives information about NC driver's license.

To the Martens family, the law only applies to others.

IMHO

Sorry mary, I posted before I read your similar comment!

:facepalm::fencefall::facepalm:

This is a good podcast.
I didn't know that Molly's parents had a dinner to go to that evening, which they canceled at short notice in order to make the trip.
That sort of detail is very damning when the Martens were trying to portray the visit as a spontaneous decision to hang out with the Corbetts, maybe play a few holes of golf.
I really hope Sharon is well enough to able to be cross-examined in court.

(a) IN GENERAL. A party may serve on any other party a request within the scope of Rule 26(b):
(1) to produce and permit the requesting party or its rep- resentative to inspect, copy, test, or sample the following items in the responding party’s possession, custody, or con- trol:
(A) any designated documents or electronically stored information—including writings, drawings, graphs, charts, photographs, sound recordings, images, and other data or data compilations—stored in any medium from which in- formation can be obtained either directly or, if necessary, after translation by the responding party into a reason- ably usable form; or
(B) any designated tangible things;

And look at Rule 44. I'm having trouble copying.

I'm not a lawyer so.....

I have been trying to read that link or rather trying to understand it. Also looked at some others I found and so far all I could get out of them was testimonies given in a criminal case are admissible but some sites seem to allude that they are only the ones in the prosecution case. A lot of what I have found seems to refer to UK law. Still really can't find anything on evidence already obtained under warrants carried out in a criminal case. From reading of some, it led me to believe (so far) that for these to be allowed a court has to make a ruling to release. So I am still confused. I will do another search later to see if I can find a brain cell that my understand them a bit better.

I have been trying to read that link or rather trying to understand it. Also looked at some others I found and so far all I could get out of them was testimonies given in a criminal case are admissible but some sites seem to allude that they are only the ones in the prosecution case. A lot of what I have found seems to refer to UK law. Still really can't find anything on evidence already obtained under warrants carried out in a criminal case. From reading of some, it led me to believe (so far) that for these to be allowed a court has to make a ruling to release. So I am still confused. I will do another search later to see if I can find a brain cell that my understand them a bit better.

It is confusing.

As to SM and MM, I believe this to be spot on:

http://www.rbs2.com/cc.htm

In a criminal case, the suspect or defendant has the right to remain silent during questioning by police and prosecuting attorneys. In a criminal case, the defendant may choose to refuse to be a witness, and the jury may infer nothing from the defendant's choice not to testify. However, in a civil case, the defendant must be available and cooperative for depositions and testimony as a witness in the trial. In fact, the defendant in a civil case in Federal court must voluntarily provide his/her opponent with a copy of documents "in the possession, custody, or control of the party that are relevant to disputed facts alleged with particularity in the pleadings." [Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 26(a)(1)(B)] Further, the defendant in a civil case must voluntarily provide names of people who are "likely to have discoverable information relevant to disputed facts alleged with particularity in the pleadings." [FRCP 26(a)(1)(A)] In other words, the defendant in a civil case must help his/her opponent collect evidence that will defeat the defendant. And, at trial, if a party invokes their fifth amendment privilege against self-incrimination, then the judge will instruct the jury that they may make an adverse inference against the party who refused to testify."

Apparently the defendants must help produce anything that the plaintiff needs to address the issues at hand. Does that mean they cannot object to the JC's family obtaining evidence NOT used in the criminal trial...from the State? Like phone records, internet activity etc.

It is confusing.

As to SM and MM, I believe this to be spot on:

http://www.rbs2.com/cc.htm

In a criminal case, the suspect or defendant has the right to remain silent during questioning by police and prosecuting attorneys. In a criminal case, the defendant may choose to refuse to be a witness, and the jury may infer nothing from the defendant's choice not to testify. However, in a civil case, the defendant must be available and cooperative for depositions and testimony as a witness in the trial. In fact, the defendant in a civil case in Federal court must voluntarily provide his/her opponent with a copy of documents "in the possession, custody, or control of the party that are relevant to disputed facts alleged with particularity in the pleadings." [Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 26(a)(1)(B)] Further, the defendant in a civil case must voluntarily provide names of people who are "likely to have discoverable information relevant to disputed facts alleged with particularity in the pleadings." [FRCP 26(a)(1)(A)] In other words, the defendant in a civil case must help his/her opponent collect evidence that will defeat the defendant. And, at trial, if a party invokes their fifth amendment privilege against self-incrimination, then the judge will instruct the jury that they may make an adverse inference against the party who refused to testify."

Apparently the defendants must help produce anything that the plaintiff needs to address the issues at hand. Does that mean they cannot object to the JC's family obtaining evidence NOT used in the criminal trial...from the State? Like phone records, internet activity etc.

It does sound like that, but obtaining such items like internet activity for all (present & deleted) could only be obtained from the provider and to obtain these a warrant would be required imo. Can say you or I, write to FB and ask them to provide all our records? Things that I have deleted are from my system effectively gone. Interesting that MM & SM are required to testify and them staying silent can be seen as the opposite then in a criminal trial. The phone records, that were presented in court, as we hear numerous calls made during the drive, I suspect were actually presented into the court as evidence i.e. the actual phone records received from the phone providers. Still looking for a good old English version of what can, what cannot and what may be used or even what can be shared from the criminal trial.

It does sound like that, but obtaining such items like internet activity for all (present & deleted) could only be obtained from the provider and to obtain these a warrant would be required imo. Can say you or I, write to FB and ask them to provide all our records? Things that I have deleted are from my system effectively gone. Interesting that MM & SM are required to testify and them staying silent can be seen as the opposite then in a criminal trial. The phone records, that were presented in court, as we hear numerous calls made during the drive, I suspect were actually presented into the court as evidence i.e. the actual phone records received from the phone providers. Still looking for a good old English version of what can, what cannot and what may be used or even what can be shared from the criminal trial.

What I'm thinking is that the phone records, internet activity have already been given to the State by the providers. They have been collected and reviewed by the State, whether used at trial or not. They should exist in the files of this case.

Can the civil attorneys petition the State to turn over all evidence assembled already in the criminal trial process, whether used or unused in that criminal trial?

I haven't been able to find that answer.

What I'm thinking is that the phone records, internet activity have already been given to the State by the providers. They have been collected and reviewed by the State, whether used at trial or not. They should exist in the files of this case.

Can the civil attorneys petition the State to turn over all evidence assembled already in the criminal trial process, whether used or unused in that criminal trial?

I haven't been able to find that answer.
I dont know either. However at the beginning of the crim trial I believe the prosecutor did make some reference to it having an effect on the civil trial.. I thought it unusual at the time.

I dont know either. However at the beginning of the crim trial I believe the prosecutor did make some reference to it having an effect on the civil trial.. I thought it unusual at the time.

Was this in the opening argument, Kitty? Interesting...

The police gathered a lot if evidence. We know that. But the DA had a certain strategy of how to win the case and I believe he thought the evidence of overkill was so compelling, that he was not going to go into the weeds on motive. He was obviously correct.

But the civil attorneys might want to go heavy on motive. Let's say that there is evidence that MM may have been having an affair in her phone calls, texts, etc. and the Internet search. This might explain why, if it did happen (which I doubt) that the children saw their Dad try to grab her phone.

For example (all supposition here) Evidence of her infidelity, her motive, might in erase the monetary award...which is what the civil trial is all about. What if her parents were involved in promoting a new affair...someone they liked better, providing meeting places, excuses, etc. There could be much on the Internet, pictures, locations that could be very helpful to the civi attorneys in meeting that much lower standard...required in a civil trial. That goes to their motive as well.

Can the strategy of the attorneys in the criminal case limit what the civil attorneys can request from the existing complete case file? I hope not. I believe there is much more to this case and more evidence to be developed even at this late date.

Tick tock...Round 2

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/martenscorbett-faces-deadline-in-lawsuit-36067610.html

Molly Martens-Corbett and her parents have been given four weeks to respond to a civil action for damages over the wrongful death of her husband in the US.
A court in North Carolina imposed the deadline after all three sought additional time to respond to the lawsuit. The civil action was initiated last month, prior to the outcome of the trial over Jason Corbett's death.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back