GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a break. Thread is temporarily closed for review.

Here's what we need to do and what we need to stop doing.

1. Provide links to support the facts as you present them.
2. Stop referring to social media that is not Molly's or TM's.
3. Provide links to support the facts as you present them.
4. Stop attacking the posters. Respond to why the details in their post are incorrect or misleading but do not insult the person making the theory that you disagree with.
5. If you see a post that you do think is disrespectful or against TOS, do NOT respond to it. Use the triangle alert button in the lower left corner of the post and alert the post.
6. Provide links to support the facts as you present them.

Timeouts (posting privileges suspended) will be issued if these parameters are not adapted immediately.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

From the Affidavit from law enforcement:
page 6.

8. Neither TMM nor MPC suffered any injuries about their person.

9. Throughout my law enforcement career, I have been in several, of what would be described as "uncontrolled fights." In my opinion, the struggle described was not consistent with the evidence at the scene, particularly the master bedroom.

No injuries claimed by either TMM or MPC and a crime scene inconsistent with the struggle as described are very important evidence in this case.

Let's not forget the few facts we do have.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B717FUtKwdU8cEpQMURYSEpMcEU/view?usp=sharing

[FONT=&amp]Truthseeker 79, please note that “phalanx means “a bone of the finger or toe” not (finger joints) as your post implies. You make many posts without supporting documentation. Going forward, could you please provide links to all of your assertions? Please see this link that defines a phalanx, NOT as a joint, but as “a bone of the finger or toe.” Just to be clear I have experience in the medical field for many years & even I am confused by your posts because facts are facts and what you are pushing does not match the facts. The facts are here in Jason’s Autopsy Report. No need to be condescending to Stephen or anyone else about medical terminology. There is NO doubt that Jason’s Autopsy Report says that his death was horrific.

Sorry Dumbfounded, I am not proficient at finding stuff here yet.
i need to ask a question re your post 2 nights ago describing the baseline and meridian separation.
I have spent the day annoying everybody re baseball bats- regarding the analogy to the head injury received by motorcyclists as being atypical, what is your opinion on an injury of that magnitude being caused by a bat and under what circumstances could a bat separate the meridians.. how much force would need to be applied and do you consider it was achieved in one or more blows?
Thanks if you have time to address this
[/FONT]

There are too many post talking about Molly's Facebook post to quote all. Molly showed her true colors and the nature of her personality with each and every post. She does not respect the Corbetts, Mags or the children. Her post show a selfish woman. Does she even consider how sad Jason's kids are without their Daddy? Does she consider they might not want to talk to her. Does she consider the kids need time and space? No. She post regardless of who she hurts. She admits being in the room when their Daddy was brutally killed. Does she believe that she was more important to them, than their Daddy? Fast forward to a time when the kids are teenagers, IMHO her post will not help them.

I respect the Irish for pushing for Justice. Their family member, friend, neighbor was brutally killed. They deserve answers. If Jason was my brother or son, I would fight just as hard. I wouldn't stop until the case was heard.

[FONT=&amp]Truthseeker 79, please note that “phalanx means “a bone of the finger or toe” not (finger joints) as your post implies. You make many posts without supporting documentation. Going forward, could you please provide links to all of your assertions? Please see this link that defines a phalanx, NOT as a joint, but as “a bone of the finger or toe.” Just to be clear I have experience in the medical field for many years & even I am confused by your posts because facts are facts and what you are pushing does not match the facts. The facts are here in Jason’s Autopsy Report. No need to be condescending to Stephen or anyone else about medical terminology. There is NO doubt that Jason’s Autopsy Report says that his death was horrific.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Sorry Dumbfounded, I am not proficient at finding stuff here yet.
i need to ask a question re your post 2 nights ago describing the baseline and meridian separation.
I have spent the day annoying everybody re baseball bats- regarding the analogy to the head injury received by motorcyclists as being atypical, what is your opinion on an injury of that magnitude being caused by a bat and under what circumstances could a bat separate the meridians.. how much force would need to be applied and do you consider it was achieved in one or more blows?
Thanks if you have time to address this
[/FONT]

Please do not be sorry. We are all here seeking the truth. I do not know the force or how may blows. Hinge fractures appear to be so rare that there are not a lot of references. Most, if not all references, always refer to a heavy blow to the side of the head, a fall from an extreme distance or a horrific motorcycle accident. References about the amount of force to cause skull fractures included mathematical equations that did not help me to understand. I have no idea about the amount of force needed or how many blows it took to cause Jason’s skull base to split in half. Based on the references below it must have been a compression and crushing blunt force trauma.
Sheriff Grice advised that Jason was bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat. Why was a baseball bat and landscaping paver used? Please see Baseball Bats: A Silent Weapon. Finger injuries are important, but minor compared to the catastrophic head injuries detailed in Jason’s Autopsy Report.
REFERENCES
Forensic Investigation of Cranial Injuries Due To Blunt Force Trauma (BFT): Current Best Practice: Lots of good info related to timing, types, etc.
[FONT=&amp]Classification of Cranial BFT[/FONT][FONT=&amp]: … Hinge fractures are defined as crushing injuries, such as compression of the head between the ground and a heavy object (ie, a car tire).[SUP]1,17,18[/SUP] Transverse hinge fractures extend across the dorsum sellae of the skull, and can separate it into two.[SUP]1,17,18 [/SUP][/FONT]
Table 2 Terminology of blunt force injuries on the skull (Truncated)
http://forensicholmes.blogspot.com/2013/11/skull-fracture.html: Puppe's rule states “The later fracture will terminate at (that is, not cross) the earlier fracture line”.
http://www.forensicmed.co.uk/pathology/head-injury/skull-fracture/
[FONT=&amp]Skull fractures may be classified by their appearance (Saukko and Knight 2004);[/FONT]
Linear – straight or curved fracture lines, which may radiate from a depressed region, or occur at a distance from the impact site, and tend to occur at ‘unsupported’ regions of the skull (e.g. across the supra-orbital ridges). Linear fractures in children or young adults may pass through the suture lines (‘diastatic fracture’). ‘Hinge’ fractures occur when the linear fracture passes across the middle cranial fossa, separating the skull base into 2 halves, and may be caused by a heavy blow to the side of the head (e.g. in motorcycle accidents).

Take a break. Thread is temporarily closed for review.

Here's what we need to do and what we need to stop doing.

1. Provide links to support the facts as you present them.
2. Stop referring to social media that is not Molly's or TM's.
3. Provide links to support the facts as you present them.
4. Stop attacking the posters. Respond to why the details in their post are incorrect or misleading but do not insult the person making the theory that you disagree with.
5. If you see a post that you do think is disrespectful or against TOS, do NOT respond to it. Use the triangle alert button in the lower left corner of the post and alert the post.
6. Provide links to support the facts as you present them.

Timeouts (posting privileges suspended) will be issued if these parameters are not adapted immediately.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Absolutely KateB. Timely reminder for all of us. I was getting very tired of the 'tit for tat' postings which I felt were sometimes futile and juvenile. I had already made up my mind to only respond to posts which are thought provoking, informative AND courteous. I had resolved to studiously ignore posts that I felt were deliberately provocative - even if they had something useful in them. Basically, if someone has a point to make, say it nicely please, otherwise I am going to completely ignore it. Thanks again KateB.

One of my main gripes has been whether CPR was actually performed on JC as suggested by the 911 call. At no point after commencing CPR do either MM or TM sound as though they are out of breath or tired. CPR is hard work. I was also surprised that the autopsy report did not remark on any injuries to the sternum or ribs which is, it seems, quite common.

I am not a doctor and have only done general first aid. I did find this link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15036733 which tallies with what I was informed during my said first aid course although this only deals with 19 cases.

I also found this study http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0300957215001136 which is somewhat informative.

If the intent was NOT to kill, how are the going to justify two assailants with two weapons? What was the Mothers role in all of this? Why wasn't she calling 911 during the "donnybrook?"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. First time poster here on this topic. After reading much of the thread I get the impression that there is a general feeling that this is clear cut, I.e. Overkill based on him moving to Ireland with the kids and she freaking out and her Dad intervened. But there are a lot of things that don't add up for me. <modsnip> There is no doubt it wasn't a happy marriage but that is not motive enough for murder. The real clue for me is the autopsy.....the finger injuries....if you were trying to kill someone why strike their fingers? The hand injuries were to the back of his hands, defence injuries are usually to the palm of the hands. Repeatedly striking the fingers implies to me someone trying to get him to release his grip on something....the middle finger had a number of bruises, if someone was choking me I'd pull at his fingers to get the hand to release....with my free hand I'd pick up whatever was on a bed side locker and strike him on the face ( fracture nose). Blood was also found under his nails and toenails which happens when you get your fingers caught in a door, so someone was hitting those fingers pretty hard. Most of the torso injuries are abrasions (scratches) which would match someone being pinned down scratching him to get him off. He was 160 lbs heavier than her. Plus autopsy removed pulled hair, whose hair was it? Either he pulled out his own hair ( highly unlikely) or it was hers? If TM came into the room, saw her pinned to the bed with naked JC choking her, he hits him on the hands, hits the fingers, hits the legs, this does not get the man off her, then strikes twice at close range to the head....could a man 25 years younger, 100lbs lighter been able to move him without such force? I don't know. I'm playing devils advocate here as most of the comments thus far haven't mentioned the very strange hand/finger injuries. Why didn't he fight back? If your life is in danger the body kicks into fight or flight mode; he did neither. Is that because he was choking her? A San Diego study of 600 strangulation victims showed 50% showed no visible signs of injury. The levels of drug in his system would not have rendered a man of his size unconscious. That drug however can be dangerous when mixed even with low levels of alcohol, clinical trials showing patients reporting mood swings and erratic behaviour including inexplicable rages. And then the kids testimony, defence are particularly keen on getting the Children's Services reports on what the children had to say. Perhaps they witnessed something earlier in the day, maybe they mentioned pervious rows that were had. In one of Mollys posts she references New Years Eve two years ago where she says she 'tries not to remember the bad things of that night'...whatever that means. I'm swaying more towards the involuntary manslaughter charge, a lot of the motive 'evidence' is circumstantial statements given by the Irish inlaws in a custody battle, there have been no impartial witnesses so far that have backed their claims ( teachers, neighbours etc). Maybe she was a lot of things, but murderer? And the Dad taking the rap? I'm not yet convinced. We have heard a very one sided version from the DA and have yet to hear the defences claims. I think they will be pretty explosive. So any thoughts on the pulled hair and finger/hand injuries id be interested in hearing them. The victim of course did not deserve to loose his life and don't mean to sound callous or insensitive. Just trying to flip this story to the other side and see if any of their claims do stand up especially in the autopsy report.

Hi Everyone,
First time poster and new to WS so apologies if I get it wrong…still learning the ropes! I’ve been following this thread as a guest for a while and just wanted to say some really good sleuthing going on. Particularly interested in the turn it’s taken in the last few days with Truthseeker79’s new spin, I think it’s good to look at the case from how the defence might portray the autopsy results. As such had a few thoughts and wondered what your views would be –
· The fact that Jason was naked has always stood out as odd to me. If he had spent the evening arguing with Molly and/or her parents and this argument built to a crescendo of violence with him throttling Molly, it seems odd that he would undress beforehand. If he had walked away from said argument and decided to just go to bed, surely this would indicate that the he had tried to deflate the argument rather than being the aggressor?
· I think the defence have played a very clever game thus far in referring to Molly’s father as ‘elderly’, ‘frail’, and the constant reference to his ‘slight build’, inferring that he could not possibly have moved a much younger, heavier man (this began in the 911 call IMO with TM claiming he couldn’t turn Jason over to commence CPR) At the end of the day, he was a physically fit 65 year old, employed by the FBI (http://fortune.com/2015/04/06/fbi-agent-fitness-test/ ), who golfed regularly - I would be interested to see what his par was. I would suggest that TM was capable of enough force with an initial swing to incapacitate Jason rather than the multiple blows applied.
· Finally the finger injuries, would it be possible it someone was attacked from behind, with the majority of the blows coming thick and fast to the head, that Jason’s instinct was to put his hands up to cover his head to protect it from the blows? If Jason was either lying/knocked to the ground, it may have been his instinct to curl up in the fetal position and try to protect his head as best he could while blows rained down. Could this have caused similar injuries to the fingers, if someone was trying to get to the head beneath the fingers? Perhaps this would be a better fit with the evidence at the crime scene with blood, tissue and brain matter on the walls and furniture?
Again apologies for the lack of links etc, will try to remember to save the links as I read articles for reference going forward.

Let's talk about Sharon Marten.

Are we to believe she slept through the "donnybrook?"

If so, when does she enter the picture? Does MM wake her up and say "Daddy and I just killed Jason? "

What does she do then?

If so, when does she enter the picture? Does MM wake her up and say "Daddy and I just killed Jason? "

What does she do then?

This is puzzling me as to fact that SM seems to have disappeared off the scene after the events of that night.
IMHO I think SM's role has been under played.
Did she control the children on that night in August, either on the basement or a bedroom upstairs ??.
Or was she present in the room with TM and MM ????

Also, just on the role of social media in this case. I believe both sides have been canny in their use of social media thus far, however, while I do believe Molly's posts were to retaliate against the Corbett's directly (ie. the Corbett's had specifically requested casts of the children's hand and footprints that Jason & Mags had made after the children were born to be returned to them http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/court-bid-for-magss-rings but while these were still in her possession, Molly posted pictues of hand casts that she had made with Sarah on her Instagram page with the title 'Mommy & Me', posting a picture of Sarah and TM at a baseball game on FB prior to the information being released that a baseball bat had been used as a weapon in Jason's demise etc) I think the Corbett's will be aware that Jason was a foreign national murdered by a serving member of the FBI, and therefore, there would need to be a certain amount of public scrutiny required to ensure that the case remains active and charges are brought and convictions secured.

What does she do then?

Great questions. Did LE or EMS question her that night? She is a witness. Correct? Would her statement be taken? Where were Jason's children?

Does anyone have a timeline of the days leading up to Jason's death. That might help fill in some of the holes.

Hi Everyone,
First time poster and new to WS so apologies if I get it wrong…still learning the ropes! I’ve been following this thread as a guest for a while and just wanted to say some really good sleuthing going on. Particularly interested in the turn it’s taken in the last few days with Truthseeker79’s new spin, I think it’s good to look at the case from how the defence might portray the autopsy results. As such had a few thoughts and wondered what your views would be –
· The fact that Jason was naked has always stood out as odd to me. If he had spent the evening arguing with Molly and/or her parents and this argument built to a crescendo of violence with him throttling Molly, it seems odd that he would undress beforehand. If he had walked away from said argument and decided to just go to bed, surely this would indicate that the he had tried to deflate the argument rather than being the aggressor?
· I think the defence have played a very clever game thus far in referring to Molly’s father as ‘elderly’, ‘frail’, and the constant reference to his ‘slight build’, inferring that he could not possibly have moved a much younger, heavier man (this began in the 911 call IMO with TM claiming he couldn’t turn Jason over to commence CPR) At the end of the day, he was a physically fit 65 year old, employed by the FBI (http://fortune.com/2015/04/06/fbi-agent-fitness-test/ ), who golfed regularly - I would be interested to see what his par was. I would suggest that TM was capable of enough force with an initial swing to incapacitate Jason rather than the multiple blows applied.
· Finally the finger injuries, would it be possible it someone was attacked from behind, with the majority of the blows coming thick and fast to the head, that Jason’s instinct was to put his hands up to cover his head to protect it from the blows? If Jason was either lying/knocked to the ground, it may have been his instinct to curl up in the fetal position and try to protect his head as best he could while blows rained down. Could this have caused similar injuries to the fingers, if someone was trying to get to the head beneath the fingers? Perhaps this would be a better fit with the evidence at the crime scene with blood, tissue and brain matter on the walls and furniture?
Again apologies for the lack of links etc, will try to remember to save the links as I read articles for reference going forward.

Welcome Logic Lady! Great post!

What does she do then?

Just wondering, and this is pure supposition on my part, but would it have been possible that Jason would have discussed the possibility of returning to Ireland permanently with Jack & Sarah? It seems plausible to me that he would have taken their feelings on the matter into consideration before deciding on such a move. Could it be, that it was in fact something that one of the children confided to him that made the decision for him? If Jason had revealed this to Molly during an argument then it could explain Molly collecting the children from the friend's house at such an unusual hour...could this have been the trigger for a further argument? Jason having been in bed (naked), hears Molly grilling the kids and comes to defend them before being attacked? Could SM have taken the children to a bedroom to diffuse the situation hence her complete absense from the scene? Is that why she didn't dial 911 because she was preventing the kids from further involvement in the argument? It may also offer an alternative reason as to why the defense is so keen to get hold of the social services interviews with the children.

As I said supposition as no way of proving it but interesting to try to work out nonetheless!

Hi Everyone,
First time poster and new to WS so apologies if I get it wrong&#8230;still learning the ropes! I&#8217;ve been following this thread as a guest for a while and just wanted to say some really good sleuthing going on. Particularly interested in the turn it&#8217;s taken in the last few days with Truthseeker79&#8217;s new spin, I think it&#8217;s good to look at the case from how the defence might portray the autopsy results. As such had a few thoughts and wondered what your views would be &#8211;
· I think the defence have played a very clever game thus far in referring to Molly&#8217;s father as &#8216;elderly&#8217;, &#8216;frail&#8217;, and the constant reference to his &#8216;slight build&#8217;, inferring that he could not possibly have moved a much younger, heavier man (this began in the 911 call IMO with TM claiming he couldn&#8217;t turn Jason over to commence CPR) At the end of the day, he was a physically fit 65 year old, employed by the FBI (http://fortune.com/2015/04/06/fbi-agent-fitness-test/ ), who golfed regularly - I would be interested to see what his par was. I would suggest that TM was capable of enough force with an initial swing to incapacitate Jason rather than the multiple blows applied.
· Finally the finger injuries, would it be possible it someone was attacked from behind, with the majority of the blows coming thick and fast to the head, that Jason&#8217;s instinct was to put his hands up to cover his head to protect it from the blows? If Jason was either lying/knocked to the ground, it may have been his instinct to curl up in the fetal position and try to protect his head as best he could while blows rained down. Could this have caused similar injuries to the fingers, if someone was trying to get to the head beneath the fingers? Perhaps this would be a better fit with the evidence at the crime scene with blood, tissue and brain matter on the walls and furniture?

Welcome LogicLady---good to hear your thoughts. I believe Tom was retired from the FBI, and at the time of the murder, was employed by the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. He has since resigned. You are right, he is anything but frail, but I'm sure the defense will portray him as such.

IMHO

:goodpost:

MM must have been one insecure wife and mother. I'm sure it is "different" to be the second wife of a man whose first love died quickly and tragically leaving two very young children behind. IIRC, S was only 8 months old when her mother died. I don't blame JC for not allowing MM to adopt the children and I think most reasonable (sane) 2nd wives in the same position would not feel it necessary. She was their mom for all practical purposes. That doesn't negate Mags role in JC's life but life does move on.
Now, that's not taking all of the Irish/US stuff into consideration.
Does anyone think if this was a stable marriage with JC content living and raising his children in NC if MM would have been so demanding as to the adoption or was that all due to custody issues she saw on the horizon? I wonder if JC told MM before the wedding he eventually wanted to return to Ireland to make his home and she agreed to it hoping he would change his mind.

The other thing I've thought about is the DV angle. She is going to allege emotional abuse vs physical abuse, IMO. If that is the case, I think that will be much harder to prove. Friends, family and colleagues will have to testify to JC he humiliated her, embarrassed her in public, ignored her etc.
From the little that has been released and antidotal evidence there might be a claim she emotionally abused him.
All JMO!

MM must have been one insecure wife and mother. I'm sure it is "different" to be the second wife of a man whose first love died quickly and tragically leaving two very young children behind. IIRC, S was only 8 months old when her mother died. I don't blame JC for not allowing MM to adopt the children and I think most reasonable (sane) 2nd wives in the same position would not feel it necessary. She was their mom for all practical purposes. That doesn't negate Mags role in JC's life but life does move on.
Now, that's not taking all of the Irish/US stuff into consideration.
Does anyone think if this was a stable marriage with JC content living and raising his children in NC if MM would have been so demanding as to the adoption or was that all due to custody issues she saw on the horizon? I wonder if JC told MM before the wedding he eventually wanted to return to Ireland to make his home and she agreed to it hoping he would change his mind.

The other thing I've thought about is the DV angle. She is going to allege emotional abuse vs physical abuse, IMO. If that is the case, I think that will be much harder to prove. Friends, family and colleagues will have to testify to JC he humiliated her, embarrassed her in public, ignored her etc.
From the little that has been released and antidotal evidence there might be a claim she emotionally abused him.
All JMO!

IMO Molly wanted complete control over the children. She wanted them all to herself. That is why she continued to fight to be on the birth certificate. It is reported she spoke with divorce attorneys. I wonder if she was unhappy in the marriage, but did not want to lose the children. Jason did provide a nice lifestyle as well.

Molly wanting to be called Mom, and posting things like "she was chosen" to be the kids Mom. I wonder if that upset Jason. While life does move on, I would think Jason would want his children to remember thier mother. IMHO Molly took things to far. I believe she wanted all memories of Mags forgotten. Just like she doesn't recongize the importance of Jason's life. She doesn't acknowledge the pain it put the children in.

I have searched for for the article that talks about the Friday dinner, where Molly spoke poorly about Jason. Does anyone know where I can find that article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay23