GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and is probably why a new spokesman was appointed . Mr Earnest has lost credibility and any further comments from him would be damaging to the "No finer people" image that they are trying so hard to protect and portray. This would be of great importance to both Holton and Freedman If we look back at some of his statements they are full of inconsistencies. This one for instance
http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/mollys-martens-court-battle-jason-belongings We know from court documents this is a lie .
http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Wi...mpts-to-access-murdered-Irishmans-office.html

and this guy is still in full time employment? Its preposterous and outrageous.. seems to be the theme running through 'finest people'..something in the water?
I hope somebody does not start a comic strip on their antics..
their lack of compassion is utterly appalling

All this is semi-speculation now, based on what we've read on the autopsy report and compared to the fact that Molly had no significant injuries. It is more logical that she felled a larger, stronger person without any consequences to herself if she hit him without any warning... and then kept hitting him while he staggered around stunned and then fell.
When they get to trial, there will be experts to talk about blood spatter evidence and the sequence of the blows. Several potentially fatal blows to the head speaks against self-defense.
I also speculate that Tom did not know what he was confessing to when he claimed he hit Jason. It will be interesting to see whether he turns on his daughter during the trial, especially if they are tried separately and he can't save her anyway.
The point I was making was that even though everyone says Molly had no significant injuries, she very well might try to dispute that if she went to the doctor and had a rape kit done...vaginal tearing or bruising would provide her with a defense...you have to believe that a female ending up dead in a domestic dispute would have been examined for signs of sexual intercourse first thing...but the autopsy report in this case doesn't address it (I don't know how you determine in a male)...why wasn't she examined?...she could have still hit him without warning the first time and I do believe it was disabling which is why I have trouble believing JC said anything about killing her to TM...Maybe we will get more clues as to what her defense might be in Court tomorrow...

The point I was making was that even though everyone says Molly had no significant injuries, she very well might try to dispute that if she went to the doctor and had a rape kit done...vaginal tearing or bruising would provide her with a defense...you have to believe that a female ending up dead in a domestic dispute would have been examined for signs of sexual intercourse first thing...but the autopsy report in this case doesn't address it (I don't know how you determine in a male)...why wasn't she examined?...she could have still hit him without warning the first time and I do believe it was disabling which is why I have trouble believing JC said anything about killing her to TM...Maybe we will get more clues as to what her defense might be in Court tomorrow...

Im sure a rape kit would have been done if she or her Father had told the police that she was raped.

They did not.

When you are trying to explain why you battered your husband to death, there would be no reason to leave that detail out. Your freedom from prison is on the line. Now, if she comes back months later with some story, she will look just like the liar the Corbetts have said she is.

In my opinion, of course.

I would think it would be mentioned also in 911 call. Tom martens is calm and very collect he isn't panicking . He said my son in law was fighting with my daughter. I intervened he's in bad shape .he said he was going to kill her . He didn't mention anything about rape. It's not as if his hysterical. He's actually professional about it. He described to the police as a donnybrook. No mention of rape again . This I agree would be of great importance to mention .

Im sure a rape kit would have been done if she or her Father had told the police that she was raped.

They did not.y

When you are trying to explain why you battered your husband to death, there would be no reason to leave that detail out. Your freedom from prison is on the line. Now, if she comes back months later with some story, she will look just like the liar the Corbetts have said she is.

In my opinion, of course.

I'm not defending her...and I'm not Molly if that's what you think... I agree if she told the police he raped her then they would have examined her but that she didnt Doesnt preclude her from using it as a defense (if indeed she does)... I wonder if they asked her?... The whole idea that Molly can't tell the truth about anything because amateur sleuthers can't find evidence of college after her freshman year at Clemson doesn't make any sense... Anyone ever heard of sorority life? To some women it forms their entire social structure for years to come... to include any sisters that lived around the area that she and Jason may have socialized with after they married... I imagine both hers and JCs college experiences were different but I suspect that she thinks hers was far superior to his ...

I would think it would be mentioned also in 911 call. Tom martens is calm and very collect he isn't panicking . He said my son in law was fighting with my daughter. I intervened he's in bad shape .he said he was going to kill her . He didn't mention anything about rape. It's not as if his hysterical. He's actually professional about it. He described to the police as a donnybrook. No mention of rape again . This I agree would be of great importance to mention .

She might not have said anything about it to her father yet... again, speculating here as to what actually happened...but they investigated this as first degree murder ( premeditated with deliberation ) but charged her with second degree murder (hot-blooded with malice)... It certainly sounds like there was a fight or argument of some kind...

I'm not defending her...and I'm not Molly if that's what you think... I agree if she told the police he raped her then they would have examined her but that she didnt Doesnt preclude her from using it as a defense (if indeed she does)... I wonder if they asked her?... The whole idea that Molly can't tell the truth about anything because amateur sleuthers can't find evidence of college after her freshman year at Clemson doesn't make any sense... Anyone ever heard of sorority life? To some women it forms their entire social structure for years to come... to include any sisters that lived around the area that she and Jason may have socialized with after they married... I imagine both hers and JCs college experiences were different but I suspect that she thinks hers was far superior to his ...

You are correct that it does not preclude her from using rape as a defense. She can float any defense...she can say Jason was levitating in the air and she hit him in utter shock and amazement. My point was...is it believable by a jury? I think in the first questioning in ones panic to save oneself...that would be crucial to say. Very weird NOT to say. After all, she's assassinating her husband's reputation anyway. She already is saying he's dead because he is a attempted murderer.

The questions about her veracity are not based on being unable to find any record of her graduation. But it does become interesting when internet postings of hers say she went to both Clemson and Emory. More problems were cited at the custody hearing, where there was sworn testimony that she claimed to have been a close friend of the dead first wife, a champion swimmer, etc. There is sworn testimony that she says she is bipolar.

When the authorities executed a search warrant to search her house and took pictures of the boy with the bat, she write a sob story days later that it was the Irish relatives who broke into her house and stole pictures. I find it incredible that neither the authorities nor her attorneys gave her paperwork for that search warrant.

How will a jury see her? They will see a FB record of a young woman provided with a lovely home, expensive clothes, expensive travel...her parents along for the ride much of the time. Perhaps they will ask, if she was being raped and beaten, why her FBI father didn't have a legal solution for her, or a safe refuge for her, or lawyers for her...but murder was their only option? If they FLEW down there to help her...why not get her out of there and WHY bring the kids back into that mess at 11PM when they are safely someplace else?

Because if she could pick them up alone to take them back to the Murder House, she could have kept going and called her parents to tell them to help her.

My opinion only.

She might not have said anything about it to her father yet... again, speculating here as to what actually happened...but they investigated this as first degree murder ( premeditated with deliberation ) but charged her with second degree murder (hot-blooded with malice)... It certainly sounds like there was a fight or argument of some kind...

Yes I agree there was an argument . We don't know who initiated the fight . I would think it was initially murder 1 because the police thought they would find evidence of premedition in the phone ,facebook and email records or because they needed to claim murder 1 in order to obtain those records. I could be wrong so am open to correction. If they didn't find anything to suggest planning between parties that would be why they dropped to murder 2. We have nothing to suggest that a rape or allegations of rape occurred but this would not surprise me . This to me would be the ultimate betrayal.

In my opinion, the fact that after the investigation the charge was downgraded from first to second degree murder indicates that no evidence of premeditation was found.

You are correct that it does not preclude her from using rape as a defense. She can float any defense...she can say Jason was levitating in the air and she hit him in utter shock and amazement. My point was...is it believable by a jury? I think in the first questioning in ones panic to save oneself...that would be crucial to say. Very weird NOT to say. After all, she's assassinating her husband's reputation anyway. She already is saying he's dead because he is a attempted murderer.

The questions about her veracity are not based on being unable to find any record of her graduation. But it does become interesting when internet postings of hers say she went to both Clemson and Emory. More problems were cited at the custody hearing, where there was sworn testimony that she claimed to have been a close friend of the dead first wife, a champion swimmer, etc. There is sworn testimony that she says she is bipolar.

When the authorities executed a search warrant to search her house and took pictures of the boy with the bat, she write a sob story days later that it was the Irish relatives who broke into her house and stole pictures. I find it incredible that neither the authorities nor her attorneys gave her paperwork for that search warrant.

How will a jury see her? They will see a FB record of a young woman provided with a lovely home, expensive clothes, expensive travel...her parents along for the ride much of the time. Perhaps they will ask, if she was being raped and beaten, why her FBI father didn't have a legal solution for her, or a safe refuge for her, or lawyers for her...but murder was their only option? If they FLEW down there to help her...why not get her out of there and WHY bring the kids back into that mess at 11PM when they are safely someplace else?

Because if she could pick them up alone to take them back to the Murder House, she could have kept going and called her parents to tell them to help her.

My opinion only.
Do you have any link to anything at all that backs up your citation that there was any sworn testimony that Molly said she was a friend of Jason's first wife?

http://campus.ie/surviving-college/...spicions-murder-grew-investigation-progressed

Reference here to ms lynch testifying that molly said she was penpals with the late mags corbett. Im sure whoever molly said this to can back this up or not if needs be.

That's the interesting part. Because if Ms.Lynch is lying under oath ...well, perjury is a crime. And if MM could prove Ms. Lynch perjured herself at hr custody hearing, when MM was so desparate to use anything to get those kids, certainly MM would have challenged her. That would be pretty powerful, wouldn't it?

Certainly she could have had her attorney challenge these claims. I would. Because if she could prove Ms.Lynch to be a perjurer...that would be enormously helpful to MM.

But, MM did not challenge the statements. Not at all.

That's the interesting part. Because if Ms.Lynch is lying under oath ...well, perjury is a crime. And if MM could prove Ms. Lynch perjured herself at hr custody hearing, when MM was so desparate to use anything to get those kids, certainly MM would have challenged her. That would be pretty powerful, wouldn't it?

Certainly she could have had her attorney challenge these claims. I would. Because if she could prove Ms.Lynch to be a perjurer...that would be enormously helpful to MM.

But, MM did not challenge the statements. Not at all.

We dont know if she challenged them or not. They possibly did but we dont have sight of the entire transcript of the custody hearing. From what i can find only excerpts of ms lynchs testimony was released. At the end of the day, the matter was an immigration issue regardless of what each party said about the other but testimony of mollys character will be used again in the trial and the martens lawyers will most likely be prepared to refute these where they can.

We dont know if she challenged them or not. They possibly did but we dont have sight of the entire transcript of the custody hearing. From what i can find only excerpts of ms lynchs testimony was released. At the end of the day, the matter was an immigration issue regardless of what each party said about the other but testimony of mollys character will be used again in the trial and the martens lawyers will most likely be prepared to refute these where they can.

Yes. And that will of course, work both ways. I'm sure impeaching MM's credibility and her character will be huge in the trial. People can come out of nowhere.
Of course, there is very little chance of MM getting custody again and the Lynches seem to have tens of thousands of supporters, so they have little to loose.

But if MM can be shown to be a serial liar, many years of her life are in jeopardy. Much bigger deal for MM.

Yes. And that will of course, work both ways. I'm sure impeaching MM's credibility and her character will be huge in the trial. People can come out of nowhere.
Of course, there is very little chance of MM getting custody again and the Lynches seem to have tens of thousands of supporters, so they have little to loose.

But if MM can be shown to be a serial liar, many years of her life are in jeopardy. Much bigger deal for MM.
We do already have much evidence of her lying, do we not? Lying is a central theme here. I am not sure when it passes into the realm of serial lying but I really thought it had exceeded that already by a long shot. She was not Mag's penpal. She was not the birthmother of the little girl. Those are pretty serious lies and can easily be disproved, but she chose to lie. Why? Is her line between reality and fantasy so permeable that she is unaware of where those lines might meet? Let alone, separate..
Also notice her tendency to opposition tends to be given vent via her social media presence, now dimmed somewhat but not before she managed to call the courts that indicted her corrupt, only to have the comment picked up by most International media before she deleted it.
Likewise her uncle's wifes posts on the very public gOP candidates social media public pages stated the children were US citizens even though she knew perfectly well they both have Irish passports.
Its gross. Its crass. Its ugly.

The lies about being Mags Corbetts pen pal and the birth mother of these children are especially pertinent IMO...because they are truly reckless lies. They are lies that normal people know are unsustainable no matter what temporary appeal they might have. At any moment a neighbor might comment on how the little girl had blonde hair like her "Mother" and JC could say..."Yes,and by the way, my first wife...her birth mother...had dark hair."

Boom!

I think reckless lies are symptomatic of a disturbed individual who does not think things through or have impulse control. Very much like a rage murderer. But just my opinion.

My opinion only.
I think its more likely Molly had her meltdown when she couldn't make the grade in a graduate program...think about the Aurora theater shooter he went from zero to psycho in a matter of weeks, but the pressure of grad school is what set his boat afloat so to speak...with whatever happened to Molly, she reordered her life and found solace as a nanny...I wonder if Tracey ever confronted Molly about her claim she first met Mags by being her penpal... Was it something Tracey brought up for the first time in the custody fight? ... Whatever the truth is about Molly it's going to boil down to what happened in the bedroom that early morning... she may have seduced him...and she may have provoked him...my thoughts are from what she and her father have been charged with ...that their story just doesn't add up to explaining the heinous overkill...

Did the Martens fly to WS that night?...I didn't know that I thought he just changed plans ... to me it meant something like TM cancelling his Sunday golf game...

The lies about being Mags Corbetts pen pal and the birth mother of these children are especially pertinent IMO...because they are truly reckless lies. They are lies that normal people know are unsustainable no matter what temporary appeal they might have. At any moment a neighbor might comment on how the little girl had blonde hair like her "Mother" and JC could say..."Yes,and by the way, my first wife...her birth mother...had dark hair."

Boom!

I think reckless lies are symptomatic of a disturbed individual who does not think things through or have impulse control. Very much like a rage murderer. But just my opinion.
also remembering Jason's upset when he 'discovered' she had several 'physical' problems as well as bi-polar disorder.. they were engaged to be married, he was awaiting his visa, he had shared his home and his family with her for several years, but he had been unaware of it until this very late stage.. This suggests no ordinary liar, this is suggestive of a highly accomplished liar with years of experience.
Its quite possible she was like this from childhood- a very 'disturbed' individual. We have no evidence at all she developed her psychoses in later life..
For real confirmation, we would require access to all her school records from early childhood.

also remembering Jason's upset when he 'discovered' she had several 'physical' problems as well as bi-polar disorder.. they were engaged to be married, he was awaiting his visa, he had shared his home and his family with her for several years, but he had been unaware of it until this very late stage.. This suggests no ordinary liar, this is suggestive of a highly accomplished liar with years of experience.
Its quite possible she was like this from childhood- a very 'disturbed' individual. We have no evidence at all she developed her psychoses in later life..
For real confirmation, we would require access to all her school records from early childhood.
This is so sad... It tells me he had doubts but for the sake of the children...even sadder is that I bet Molly feels like she was totally honest with him...not sure if what she was like as a child would be interesting to know if I was a juror... I want to know what made her snap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx