GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to continue my musings...all speculation, of course. If TM and SM did not know the horrific extent of JS injuries, then we must conclude (in this musing) that TM is covering for his daughters crime. If she told her parents a story that did not indicate the battering she gave her murdered husband, then her parents might help her concoct this defense, thinking they will not even be charged. But the autopsy changed all that.

Now the family has a dilemma...if this is the case. Now both could go to prison. And speaking of that civil trial...if only MM were involved, her family could not be sued. But now, the material possessions of both families are in jeopardy.

If TM is lying for his daughter, the autopsy must have been a gut wrencher. Imagine what their "friends" thought reading it....

Monday is a court appearance I believe. Let's see how long we have to wait till trial.

Just to continue my musings...all speculation, of course. If TM and SM did not know the horrific extent of JS injuries, then we must conclude (in this musing) that TM is covering for his daughters crime. If she told her parents a story that did not indicate the battering she gave her murdered husband, then her parents might help her concoct this defense, thinking they will not even be charged. But the autopsy changed all that.

Now the family has a dilemma...if this is the case. Now both could go to prison. And speaking of that civil trial...if only MM were involved, her family could not be sued. But now, the material possessions of both families are in jeopardy.

If TM is lying for his daughter, the autopsy must have been a gut wrencher. Imagine what their "friends" thought reading it....

Monday is a court appearance I believe. Let's see how long we have to wait till trial.
I still think there is a possibility that there was a third party involved, and that TM does not know it. He would cover for his daughter, but not for a third party. TM may have found the deed done, and been given a story by Molly that he believed. I find it hard to believe that Molly could have inflicted that much damage on a much larger person without having any signs of injury herself.

TM's mentioning of a "mess" on the 911 call always made me think he wasn't present for the attack itself. Just a gut feeling.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...cle_59d9d082-4a9b-59a2-9265-d40253cacbc9.html
Also re reading some old articles . The video included is by the former spokesman for the family. He says both Molly and Tom acted in self defence so this may be where we are getting that both delivered blows to Jason. He goes on to say he is sure both will be exonerated as long as there is an impartial jury. Im not sure how he thinks there won't be. This case isn't all over the USA mostly people with Irish connections are aware of this. By the same standard will they also be excusing women that have been through domestic violence. That is what they are claiming. I totally agree ref the civil case . I'm sure both Tom and Sharon have pensions from there jobs. Tom working FBI first and then in the lab at oak ridge and Sharon being a teacher/lecturer they would have a tidy retirement fund. I know Molly doesn't have a lot of assets but Tom is an alleged co offender so I assume in a civil trial they would go after both parties not just Molly.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...cle_59d9d082-4a9b-59a2-9265-d40253cacbc9.html
Also re reading some old articles . The video included is by the former spokesman for the family. He says both Molly and Tom acted in self defence so this may be where we are getting that both delivered blows to Jason. He goes on to say he is sure both will be exonerated as long as there is an impartial jury. Im not sure how he thinks there won't be. This case isn't all over the USA mostly people with Irish connections are aware of this. By the same standard will they also be excusing women that have been through domestic violence. That is what they are claiming. I totally agree ref the civil case . I'm sure both Tom and Sharon have pensions from there jobs. Tom working FBI first and then in the lab at oak ridge and Sharon being a teacher/lecturer they would have a tidy retirement fund. I know Molly doesn't have a lot of assets but Tom is an alleged co offender so I assume in a civil trial they would go after both parties not just Molly.
They can't go after retirement funds, though.

One thing that has niggled me about the case put forward by TM. He says that the bat was a new bat that he grabbed on the way up to the fight. Now, him being former FBI, I would assume that he would know that forensically it could be proven if the bat was new, these were not the actions of some everyday Joe Soap who might try this excuse unaware of forensics science. So why say the bat was a new bat? If he knew it was the old bat, he could just have easily have said that it was lying on the landing. I do feel that TM came upon the event after it happened, maybe everything he is saying is concocted based on what MM said to him. Maybe MM told TM that the bat used was one she had just bought, her explaining why it was in the room and used. Of course it is possible that the bat was a new bat but if this is the case then one would assume that he could prove also that he had just purchased it.

One thing that has niggled me about the case put forward by TM. He says that the bat was a new bat that he grabbed on the way up to the fight. Now, him being former FBI, I would assume that he would know that forensically it could be proven if the bat was new, these were not the actions of some everyday Joe Soap who might try this excuse unaware of forensics science. So why say the bat was a new bat? If he knew it was the old bat, he could just have easily have said that it was lying on the landing. I do feel that TM came upon the event after it happened, maybe everything he is saying is concocted based on what MM said to him. Maybe MM told TM that the bat used was one she had just bought, her explaining why it was in the room and used. Of course it is possible that the bat was a new bat but if this is the case then one would assume that he could prove also that he had just purchased it.
That is the only explanation that makes sense to me, if it really was the old bat rather than a new one. Whether the bat was new or not will be easily proved at the trial, as will be who purchased it, if it was new.

How does a slight woman batter a large man to death by herself...if the first blow is from behind...and he is accustomed to not fighting back with her. If they do not start out as ...equal combatants...that's how. She slams him, stuns him...he raises his hands defensively and she us at him again and again. The pain must have been intense...that will fell any Giant. But MM wasn't done...she then set upon him with the stone.

Maybe TM ran in and tried to stop her...maybe she woke him when it was over. But, in my opinion, TM and SM were fed a story that minimized the blows. Otherwise, there story is just plain dumb.

TM may have been caught unaware when questioned about how he came to have a bat in his room. He may have made the "gift story" up in the moment. Or it might be new...the children were out of the house until MM went to the neighbor's at 11:pM and hauled them back. Maybe TM brought the bat and left it in the living room to present the next day.

As far as pensions, in the civil trial...there may be many precious things... Personal things...antiques to sell at auction...that can be seized..like OJ's Heisman trophy.

I wonder if SC can be included because she did not call 911 or intervene to save JS? Could she be culpable to some extent in a civil trial? Good lawyers can find many avenues to justice.

Opinion only, of course.

They can't go after retirement funds, though.
I think only 401k are protected by law, only people who can make a claim on a 401k is the Revenue Commissioners or the spouse. Any other type of pension is open, a judge can rule reasonable living expenses and all above can be up for grabs, how they deal with this is dependant on which state. For example, some states in the case of bankruptcy will allow an attachment but only to premiums paid in the last three or five years. Not sure how this is judged in the terms of Slayer Status though or for civil matters in death cases. I would assume however that both of their pensions, given their previous occupations, are protected under the 401k rule.

That is the only explanation that makes sense to me, if it really was the old bat rather than a new one. Whether the bat was new or not will be easily proved at the trial, as will be who purchased it, if it was new.

On the Nancy Grace show when Rita Cosby subbed for her and had the two defense lawyers on, TMs lawyer said he was mentoring Jack in baseball much like he had done for his own son and Jack had outgrown his old bat and it was time for a new one...only I couldn't tell if he actually was talking brand new as opposed to a hand-me-down from his son... I've been thinking about something else too...that Molly may have gone to the doctor after that morning and intends to say she was raped...

MM can "say" many things, but she needs to be able to prove them. Let's say she does claim martial rape. JS was not attacked in the commission of a rape. They were husband and wife. The prosecution will say she was using sex to seduce him to change his mind.

Their story is Jason, enraged, the Incedible Hulk with his hands on MM's neck, screaming he is going to kill her. Her elderly Father...and the prosecution can point to him...enters the room with a bat. He claims no intent to kill. Just trying to save his daughter from this huge raging man.

Think about this...the jury will. How does a frail old man so successfully subdue a huge raging man AND RECEIVE NOT A SCRATCH himself...even with a bat...if they are EQUAL COMBATANTS.

How?

He doesn't. One of two things happens. The first blow strikes Jason and the violent Big Man will turn in pain and grab that bat...or attack his assailant. If JC is the huge violent raging Hulk the defense is alleging...then, come on, he gets in a few punches, scratches, kicks...something.

The only way he doesn't...is if he is not AN EQUAL COMBATANT. If he is subdued, stopped by that first hit.

Then every strike after that is deliberate murder.

They can't have it both ways.

On the Nancy Grace show when Rita Cosby subbed for her and had the two defense lawyers on, TMs lawyer said he was mentoring Jack in baseball much like he had done for his own son and Jack had outgrown his old bat and it was time for a new one...only I couldn't tell if he actually was talking brand new as opposed to a hand-me-down from his son... I've been thinking about something else too...that Molly may have gone to the doctor after that morning and intends to say she was raped...

Here is the transcript of that Nancy Grace show with Rita Cosby. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1603/09/ng.01.html

When questioned about the bat (being new), the lawyer Freedman said the following....

COSBY: That`s a big difference, because he says he brought it but then the kid id saying, OK, that was a year before.

Let`s go to David Freedman, he`s actually the attorney for the father, Thomas Martens. Mr. Friedman, how do you make up this inconsistency? Either

you brought the bat and it`s new ...

DAVID FREEDMAN, ATTORNEY FOR THOMAS MARTENS: There`s no ...

COSBY: ... that is an inconsistency, sir.

FREEDMAN: No, it`s not an inconsistency. Thomas Martens had a son who played baseball through college. Little Jack, who was the son of Jason and

stepson of Molly, played little league.

Each year he would bring a bat to him because he would grow up and he would need a larger bat. He had a bat from the year before. And Thomas came up to

bring him a new bat.

He didn`t have the opportunity to do so that night. He was going to do so in the morning. There is no inconsistency and there`s nothing in the

discovery that we`ve seen to show there`s an inconsistency.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1603/09/ng.01.html

How do you know when JC was attacked with the first blow?... I'm just saying...

Something that bothers me about the bat story...little league starts up in the spring and playoff championships all wrap up by mid-to late July...so, presumably TM brought this bat for Jack to practice in the off-season...then, 6 months down the road Jack might have grown enough to need yet another bat... IDK maybe he brought the size he anticipated Jack would need now or maybe it was part of a "life is better in America" pitch (no pun intended)...just a little odd... doesnt really add up for me...

How do you know when JC was attacked with the first blow?... I'm just saying...

All this is semi-speculation now, based on what we've read on the autopsy report and compared to the fact that Molly had no significant injuries. It is more logical that she felled a larger, stronger person without any consequences to herself if she hit him without any warning... and then kept hitting him while he staggered around stunned and then fell.
When they get to trial, there will be experts to talk about blood spatter evidence and the sequence of the blows. Several potentially fatal blows to the head speaks against self-defense.
I also speculate that Tom did not know what he was confessing to when he claimed he hit Jason. It will be interesting to see whether he turns on his daughter during the trial, especially if they are tried separately and he can't save her anyway.

Reading over old articles last night, Jason's oldest brother told the media that they were initially told by Sharon Marten that Molly had pushed Jason...he fell..hit his head and died.

On the 911 call, TM says he hit Jason with a baseball bat and "I may have killed him."

Is it possible that Molly's parents had no idea how many times Jason had been struck until the autopsy was revealed? At the time that they each made their statements, is it possible that they thought Jason just had one or two blows to the head...and that could be explained away by a fall or a defensive action to stop a fight?

Its possible until one remembers tM is a trained FBI officer with very many years of experience and specialties in counter terrorism.
Throughout all his public appearances he remains stoic, face utterly unreadable, monotonal, precise..
Dont underestimate him.. He is unreadable but has very carefully constructed defences that form a 'wall' around him, as per his significant training.

Ms Molly is highly motivated , very greedy, very focused, very ambitious and the stakes are very high here for her.
She wanted Jason gone, he is now gone, she has succeeded.
In her mind the charges are a thing of little consequence.. just like the loss of her life partner.. 'Je ne regrette rien'

The irony of this is hilarious... when the murderers have spokesmen, who are none other than federal employees with question marks over their heads for strange behaviours exhibited publicly, it becomes a circus.

I agree and is probably why a new spokesman was appointed . Mr Earnest has lost credibility and any further comments from him would be damaging to the "No finer people" image that they are trying so hard to protect and portray. This would be of great importance to both Holton and Freedman If we look back at some of his statements they are full of inconsistencies. This one for instance
http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/mollys-martens-court-battle-jason-belongings
Michael Earnest, said last night that she was ‘not within a hundred miles’ of the house.
‘[She] was most definitely not at the home yesterday [Thursday]. I could be telling you a bold-faced lie but I can assure you if anyone is telling you that Molly was there at the house, taking things out, that is a bold-faced lie.’
We know from court documents this is a lie .
http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Wi...mpts-to-access-murdered-Irishmans-office.html
Although Earnest denies that he is under investigation, his employer SIGAR confirmed they were investigating contact he made with MPS on August 3.
“That is a complete lie and fabrication. There could be nothing further from the truth,” he said.
“‘It’s one thing to tell a lie about an average citizen. It’s another to tell a lie about a sworn US federal agent.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx