GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: Can a student be denied enrollment because the student orparent cannot provide a birth certificate and/or a social securitynumber?A: While these documents are not required for admission to school, theprincipal of any public school shall have the authority to require the parentsof any child presented for admission for the first time to such school tofurnish satisfactory evidence of date of birth. The NC General Statute 115C-http://www.ncpublicschools.org/legal/SchoolEntry.htmlLast Updated: 3/3/09364 details admission requirements. The principal may accept a birthcertificate, a social security number or other evidence of date of birth,including, but not limited to, baptismal certificate, family bible with dutifulrecords, hospital records or an affidavit of age sworn to by the parent.

It could be that the birth certificates were never asked for or never given just a theory, it says on the link they are not required but can be requested. I'm unsure if both Molly and Jason would have been involved in the school enrolment process. They were married and all of them had the same surname its easy to make assumption that she was the birth mother unless you know otherwise. None of her friends questioned Sarah not being her biological daughter

http://www.hendersoncountypublicsch...011/03/NCDPI-Kindergarten-Entry-Questions.pdf

Yes i agree that the brick could have been picked up on entering the house. I was thinking TM but makes sense MM either.

What time did MMs parents arrive at house? I wonder was there much phone activity between MM and her parents on their way over? Did TM enter the house after being "rilled up" by MM and what ever info she diaclosed to have them change their plans and head over to MM

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
We do not know the time of their arrival. The police obtained Molly's and TM's phone communications so they are looking into that aspect.
That was a great post regarding the annual memorial, showed great love and respect for Mags . Thanks for that, gives great insight into his nature, his loyalty and respect. He would have been so very traumatised at Mag's death.. such a blow to a young man,shows his courage too.

Do we know that this was a loan - as far as I was aware this hasn't been confirmed? Although I could have missed something, as this thread is getting busier by the day! Could this money have been transferred for down payment for purchase of the house if Jason didn't have a bank account yet? The house was purchased in May 2011 as per online records , which is the same month the money was transferred (as far as I recall).

In regard to the transfer of €60k that Jason allegedly spoke to his colleagues about moving back to Ireland - there is something regarding estate tax for this amount - if you are not a US citizen or US resident and you hold more than $60,000 in US equities then US estate taxes apply to transfers between spouses on death. Not sure if relevant, but I remembered when looking to purchase US EFT's that this amount stuck in my head for some reason.

And just one small thing - Ireland (republic/south, where Jason is from) is not part of the UK , but Northern Ireland is.
(sorry its a bug bear of mine ! lol:pillowfight: not trying to start a political war again :))
Good point re Ireland north and south!
we do not actually know it was a loan, various theories have been put forward regarding it being a wedding payment but I am unsure why it would have been paid to the Martens as opposed to the suppliers. It also seems very expensive if it was a wedding payment. Does anybody know how many guests attended??
d

I believe that friends of MM have stated that they knew about the abuse for a year prior to JC's murder. I also believe that the emotional and mental abuse which they talk about is in relation to the refusal to allow MM to adopt the children. I do not believe that MM was the victim of DV; I think when she spoke to a solicitor in 2014 about trying to get custody of the children in the case of a split it was something mentioned (i.e. if you were a victim of DV it would be easier......) and she ran with it. Lets not forget she was involved with a group which assisted real victims of DV. She would have had ample information, contacts and knowledge of avenues available to her.
Do you have a link to what these friends allegedly said?

Yes I saw where she said that before. Schools are normally quite particular about that. They would have seen from the children's birth certs she was not their natural mother and they would have raised this. Perhaps Jason signed something to cover this to say she could attend to these things on his behalf as otherwise I can't see how she would have had authority to do so without guardianship rights. If she did have any guardianship rights she would have raised this at the custody hearing.
I have seen no evidence that she held any guardianship or custodian rights at all.

I have seen no evidence that she held any guardianship or custodian rights at all.

You are right. she didn't as it would have come up at the custody hearing. She herself mentioned on fb about signing stuff to do with school etc that's why I was wondering how she would have had authority to do this.

You are right. she didn't as it would have come up at the custody hearing. She herself mentioned on fb about signing stuff to do with school etc that's why I was wondering how she would have had authority to do this.

well, even as a nanny she could probably given permission for trips, dietary requirements, sick notes etc. We cannot believe anything she says unless we have proof. We cannot believe anything her friends say either and we cannot discuss it without reputable links to published hearsay or actual facts.
we are not discussing her appeal for custody here as it does not form part of the case, is my reading. It is only valid if it formed motive.. then again, I think if this case was pre meditated they would have handled it efficiently and plausibly. If her whole existence was centred on the children and they were her raison d'etre and that became threatened, over time or suddenly, it could have led to the volatile eruption that killed Jason.

Another possibility here is that she was attempting to instigate an act of violence from him, while she had witnesses in the house.. this in order to comply with NC adoption when DV is a factor legal pre requirement. But, she went too far, too fast.. possibly was a degree of pre meditation if that proves to be the case?

Good point re Ireland north and south!
we do not actually know it was a loan, various theories have been put forward regarding it being a wedding payment but I am unsure why it would have been paid to the Martens as opposed to the suppliers. It also seems very expensive if it was a wedding payment. Does anybody know how many guests attended??
d

The bride's family usually pays for the wedding. The grooms family pays for the rehearsal dinner. (I have given two of these and nowadays they are like a second reception...both times, in our case, all guests were invited to both.)

Guests usually pay for their own hotel accommodations if they are from out of town. I imagine there were a number of guests from Ireland.

I wonder if Jason offered to cover all expenses for the wedding, rehearsal dinner, hotel for his family. He seems like a very generous man.

The bride's family usually pays for the wedding. The grooms family pays for the rehearsal dinner. (I have given two of these and nowadays they are like a second reception...both times, in our case, all guests were invited to both.)

Guests usually pay for their own hotel accommodations if they are from out of town. I imagine there were a number of guests from Ireland.

I wonder if Jason offered to cover all expenses for the wedding, rehearsal dinner, hotel for his family. He seems like a very generous man.
If so, would he not just have paid the hotel directly, why would he have given the payment to Martens? A dowry?
What exactly is a rehearsal dinner, I never heard the term?

I think it's more likely that the 80k was the deposit on the NC house. If so it will be easy to prove.

He paid cash for the house, I'm not sure why any down payment would not have been handled by the realtor. I know one of MM's aunt is a realtor but I'm not sure she is licensed in NC. That would be unusual being that she sells real estate several states away. I don't know why the house deposit would not either go thru the realtor locally or a real estate attorney that handles the closing.

It's odd.

As far as "rehearsal dinners"...destination weddings have become very common in the US. In such cases, the bride and groom choose a destination...a vacation spot, their college town...not the town their families live in...for the wedding. Oftentimes, everyone, including both families have to travel to be there. Hotels are "reserved" with blocks of rooms at a special rate. Guests pay their own hotel bills. It's customary among my friends, but not everyone, to have a small gift basket or snacks in every room along with brochures of local attractions. The grooms family usually does this.

The rehearsal dinner used to be a small dinner the night before the wedding, after the rehearsal at the church. But with these destination weddings, there are all these out of town guests...so they have grown to be a second party...flowers, dinner, bar, ...just lower key so as not to compete with the wedding. That expense is borne by the grooms parents as well.

But with couples being older...as Jason was...and established in careers...often they cover some of these expenses.

It may be Jason was paying for everything. In that case, I can see the check going to the brides mother...who could see to it all bills were paid.

I live in NC. I am not sure this is statewide, but in our county Molly would only have to be listed as an adult living with J and S to sign forms or attend meetings.

In MA, we needed to have a cashier's check for the house deposit. That is what I am thinking of regarding the house.

i'd say my choice of phrase of guardian/custodian was ill-advised. Apologies. However, I would find it hard to believe that after the wedding JC would not have taken steps to authorise MM to act in a quasi parental role of J and S; both in respect to their education and health matters. I would also assume in respect to travel. I do not know how much annual leave JC was entitled to but i understand the american system to be much less generous than the Irish. JC would bring his children back to Ireland regularly (we do not know for certain how many times in the four years) i would think this would eat into his holiday entitlement. MM liked to take trips. I can believe that some of these breaks were taken with the children but without JC.

I have not seen the papers filed in respect to the custody case so cannot say, with any certainty, what 'rights' JC had bestowed upon her with authorisations. I do believe there were some. The newspaper reports i have seen in respect of the custody case seem to merely show the allegations made against MM; if anyone has seen the released custody papers or any rebuttal from MM - i am very interested in reading them!

Hi everyone. First time poster here on this topic. After reading much of the thread I get the impression that there is a general feeling that this is clear cut, I.e. Overkill based on him moving to Ireland with the kids and she freaking out and her Dad intervened. But there are a lot of things that don't add up for me. <modsnip> There is no doubt it wasn't a happy marriage but that is not motive enough for murder. The real clue for me is the autopsy.....the finger injuries....if you were trying to kill someone why strike their fingers? The hand injuries were to the back of his hands, defence injuries are usually to the palm of the hands. Repeatedly striking the fingers implies to me someone trying to get him to release his grip on something....the middle finger had a number of bruises, if someone was choking me I'd pull at his fingers to get the hand to release....with my free hand I'd pick up whatever was on a bed side locker and strike him on the face ( fracture nose). Blood was also found under his nails and toenails which happens when you get your fingers caught in a door, so someone was hitting those fingers pretty hard. Most of the torso injuries are abrasions (scratches) which would match someone being pinned down scratching him to get him off. He was 160 lbs heavier than her. Plus autopsy removed pulled hair, whose hair was it? Either he pulled out his own hair ( highly unlikely) or it was hers? If TM came into the room, saw her pinned to the bed with naked JC choking her, he hits him on the hands, hits the fingers, hits the legs, this does not get the man off her, then strikes twice at close range to the head....could a man 25 years younger, 100lbs lighter been able to move him without such force? I don't know. I'm playing devils advocate here as most of the comments thus far haven't mentioned the very strange hand/finger injuries. Why didn't he fight back? If your life is in danger the body kicks into fight or flight mode; he did neither. Is that because he was choking her? A San Diego study of 600 strangulation victims showed 50% showed no visible signs of injury. The levels of drug in his system would not have rendered a man of his size unconscious. That drug however can be dangerous when mixed even with low levels of alcohol, clinical trials showing patients reporting mood swings and erratic behaviour including inexplicable rages. And then the kids testimony, defence are particularly keen on getting the Children's Services reports on what the children had to say. Perhaps they witnessed something earlier in the day, maybe they mentioned pervious rows that were had. In one of Mollys posts she references New Years Eve two years ago where she says she 'tries not to remember the bad things of that night'...whatever that means. I'm swaying more towards the involuntary manslaughter charge, a lot of the motive 'evidence' is circumstantial statements given by the Irish inlaws in a custody battle, there have been no impartial witnesses so far that have backed their claims ( teachers, neighbours etc). Maybe she was a lot of things, but murderer? And the Dad taking the rap? I'm not yet convinced. We have heard a very one sided version from the DA and have yet to hear the defences claims. I think they will be pretty explosive. So any thoughts on the pulled hair and finger/hand injuries id be interested in hearing them. The victim of course did not deserve to loose his life and don't mean to sound callous or insensitive. Just trying to flip this story to the other side and see if any of their claims do stand up especially in the autopsy report.

Snipped for space

Another possibility here is that she was attempting to instigate an act of violence from him, while she had witnesses in the house.. this in order to comply with NC adoption when DV is a factor legal pre requirement. But, she went too far, too fast.. possibly was a degree of pre meditation if that proves to be the case?

I've thought about that also but JC was found naked. I can't imagine him getting into any kind of physical argument while naked. Most likely, IMO, JC told MM earlier in the evening he was leaving with the children and wanted a divorce. MM freaks out and calls her parents who come to their home to talk to JC. That may be one reason MM fetched the children so late in the evening.... she wasn't sure how much time she had left with him. JC held his ground despite his in-law's pleas to try to "work it out" and finally went to bed. MM fumed herself into a rage and went after him with a bat and/or rock. Maybe she was trying to wake him to argue about his decision but he had his mind made up and wouldn't engage her, making her even madder.... to the point of physical violence. She killed him then went to the basement for "Daddy's help" because that's what she always did. He accessed the situation, decided to call it DV on JC's part and take the blame. The problem is no marks around her neck. If he was strangling her to the point TM had to beat him so violently, surely there would be physical evidence on MM.
All MOO.

I found this pdf on 'strangulation' injuries.
We had a discussion regarding whether mm was seen by a doctor following the murder and I think the general feeling was that she had been examined.
http://www.tribal-institute.org/2012/B9_PP.pdf
It takes only 33 lbs of energy to quench life. Jason would have had considerably more due to his size and his weight
heres another, may be a better link as its cited and peer reviewed
https://www.wisconsinmedicalsociety.org/_WMS/publications/wmj/pdf/102/3/41.pdf
there are very many links, it is a very fast death and in all cases there are accompanying injuries on the victim, defensive etc

Truthseeker, some of your questions can be turned right back at Molly's family. It's obvious from her comments that they often visited and vacationed together. It's also a fact that her Father and Uncle are federal agents. How does the cosy relationship THEY had with Jason fit the theory of an abusive husband? How do we understand why federal agents would leave their daughter, niece, alone...hundreds of miles away with a man who was abusing her? More than any of us they understand how to use the law.

And your scenario is not compatible with MM having no injuries...nothing that police could see. No redness, bruising, scratches , abrasions. Remember...it was a "donnybrook."

Jason's nose was broken. He may have instinctively put his hands up to his nose...and the next blow struck...hitting the back of his hands as he tried to cradle his injury.

I put little stock in Molly's description of New Years Eve, her drama queen posts. She lied in those posts...for example...leasing people to believe that the family broke into her house and stole pictures when actually it was LE and they took baseball pictures because she murdered her husband with his sons bat.

IMO, she is guilty of at least second degree murder and I could almost believe this was premeditated.

But...welcome to WS...good to have another opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx