GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am growing bored waiting on any new progress on the Siever's trial and looks like the Ross Harris trial is approx 6-7 days from starting so I thought I might do a little clicking on WS today. The parents in San Diego placing their new 3 day old baby in bed with their pit bull a few days ago was an extremely quick read.......which landed me on this thread. I usually jump right to the most current posts to see the latest opinions which landed me on this page. What articulate posts. I have found a new home for awhile...unless someone can direct me to a juicy trial currently happening. :)

I agree. Even now, the MO seems to be to attack, attack, attack....I believe that most people who cause a death, even if it was in a survival situation would have some level of guilt for taking a life. We have seen nothing to this effect thus far from the defense.

From reading the first chapter of Keith's book, I would concur that Molly attended Emory for her severe depression and reliance on the cocktail of drugs she was taking. It is doubtful that an effective treatment plan could have been established in that short time frame, and certainly, Keith does not mention her demeanor stabilising prior to her departure. While Emory does offer forms of electro shock therapy, I would doubt that she had this for two reasons - firstly, she was already on the muscle relaxants when she entered the facility (according to the information we have to hand), and secondly, that type of treatment appears to require a stay of a few weeks.

It is sad, Molly obviously can achieve the high functioning end of her illness, if only she had the correct support, she could probably have lived a fulfilled and happy life.

My friend had day treatment shock therapy actually in Winston-Salem...I had at first thought there was no reason for Molly to be prescribed.flexeril but then I remembered my friend...she too had a gallon size bag full of prescription drugs...I can't say Molly had shock treatments...but my friend had several periods where they tried to stabilize her meds...I think around 2008 a drug called seroquel replaced lithium as the drug of choice for bipolar disorder...

I agree. Even now, the MO seems to be to attack, attack, attack....I believe that most people who cause a death, even if it was in a survival situation would have some level of guilt for taking a life. We have seen nothing to this effect thus far from the defense.

From reading the first chapter of Keith's book, I would concur that Molly attended Emory for her severe depression and reliance on the cocktail of drugs she was taking. It is doubtful that an effective treatment plan could have been established in that short time frame, and certainly, Keith does not mention her demeanor stabilising prior to her departure. While Emory does offer forms of electro shock therapy, I would doubt that she had this for two reasons - firstly, she was already on the muscle relaxants when she entered the facility (according to the information we have to hand), and secondly, that type of treatment appears to require a stay of a few weeks.

It is sad, Molly obviously can achieve the high functioning end of her illness, if only she had the correct support, she could probably have lived a fulfilled and happy life.

In my experience with close friends with bipolar, it can take a long time to accept the illness, and that you will have to take medication for the rest of your life. I don't think that Molly has reached that place yet.

In my experience with close friends with bipolar, it can take a long time to accept the illness, and that you will have to take medication for the rest of your life. I don't think that Molly has reached that place yet.

I agree and I think the whole family has been in some form of denial for many years. Your previous post about the stigma of disorders like this comes to mind again. I keep thinking of the scene in that bedroom and the options that existed for the Martens family, looking at what was left of Jason Corbett. Even now, they are all participating in this fantasy charade that they are the archetypical perfect American family victimized by this man who just made them beat him over and over and over with bat and brick.

This is why this book is do devastating. It was not JC who brought rages, suicidal thoughts, tantrums etc into this Martens family. All that had started long before he ever had need of a Nanny. That's what THEIR family life was like.

I am growing bored waiting on any new progress on the Siever's trial and looks like the Ross Harris trial is approx 6-7 days from starting so I thought I might do a little clicking on WS today. The parents in San Diego placing their new 3 day old baby in bed with their pit bull a few days ago was an extremely quick read.......which landed me on this thread. I usually jump right to the most current posts to see the latest opinions which landed me on this page. What articulate posts. I have found a new home for awhile...unless someone can direct me to a juicy trial currently happening. :)

Welcome....pull up a chair and join the conversation.

I agree and I think the whole family has been in some form of denial for many years. Your previous post about the stigma of disorders like this comes to mind again. I keep thinking of the scene in that bedroom and the options that existed for the Martens family, looking at what was left of Jason Corbett. Even now, they are all participating in this fantasy charade that they are the archetypical perfect American family victimized by this man who just made them beat him over and over and over with bat and brick.

This is why this book is do devastating. It was not JC who brought rages, suicidal thoughts, tantrums etc into this Martens family. All that had started long before he ever had need of a Nanny. That's what THEIR family life was like.
then there is the alcohol abuse, driving while drunk, the multi pill addictions..
http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...r-wedding-jason-corbetts-sister-34345782.html
Mrs Lynch alleged Ms Martens would drink alcoholic margaritas throughout the day from a cup, including when she was driving Mr Corbett's young children.

And sworn depositions detailing the abuse to the little boy...her "sunshine and her happy."

It said Ms Martens had been observed over a number of years exhibiting volatile behaviour and explosive anger, especially towards her stepson. It is alleged Ms Martens became violent during a family outing in 2012 after Jack splashed her with water while playing.
"She yanked him up under her arm and with some force brought him into the kitchen. And she turned on the faucet... and put him under the tap where the water was running over his face," Mrs Lynch alleged. "Jason ran in to try and intervene and Molly pushed him away. We were all shouting at her to stop. And she was shouting: 'Now you'll think twice about splashing water on me'."

The following year, during a holiday in Co Clare, it was claimed Ms Martens told the youngster to paddle his surf board into an unsafe zone in the water. "She said he needed to learn a lesson," Mrs Lynch testified. On a further occasion it is alleged she was seen pulling the boy out of his bed while he was asleep "with an expression of utter rage" on her face.

It was claimed Ms Martens was "extremely possessive" of Sarah, to the extent where she wouldn't allow Mrs Lynch to hold the child's hand during an outing to the museum.
"There was regular conflict and Molly was very erratic in terms of she would lose control quite quickly and equally be very calm in a short period of time.

"It was very distressing. It was disconcerting," Mrs Lynch told a court hearing.
As part of her bail conditions, Ms Martens is prohibited from contacting the two children.

Do you have a link to support a long history of drug induced miscarriages?... I would like to know more about that...

I believe what Kitty is referring to is what Keith Maginn said in the paper last weekend. He refers to the plethora of medication she was on for "bipolar or manic depression" and also refers to the time she got pregnant.

She was always saying that kids would make her happy" says Keith. "She ended up getting pregnant. I was terrified because I knew how many mediations she was on, hight powered medications that would hurt a horse let alone an unborn child, I was terrified".

I believe what Kitty is referring to is what Keith Maginn said in the paper last weekend. He refers to the plethora of medication she was on for "bipolar or manic depression" and also refers to the time she got pregnant.
Google it, many links from various sources Frizby.. but more importantly see anniejay's last post.. she has quote from book stating cause of miscarriages

My friend had day treatment shock therapy actually in Winston-Salem...I had at first thought there was no reason for Molly to be prescribed.flexeril but then I remembered my friend...she too had a gallon size bag full of prescription drugs...I can't say Molly had shock treatments...but my friend had several periods where they tried to stabilize her meds...I think around 2008 a drug called seroquel replaced lithium as the drug of choice for bipolar disorder...

Do you have a link as to where Molly was prescribed flexeril? Haven't come across that info before...

I meant to respond to your excellent post earlier Annie.
When I read it first 'uterine disease as a result of long term narcotic use, my first thoughts were of endometriosis. I did some searching and here is what I found
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2628209/
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/pediatrics/131/3/e1009.full.pdf
These documents are longwinded.. but the info is here and elsewhere if searched under peer reviewed and cited works.
it is possible she brought about her miscarriages through wrong use or excessive use of drugs.
A lot will depend of pharmacy or other sources for the meds she took.
we know from Keith she took excess to what was prescribed, possibly supplementing her prescribed meds with over the counter meds.
All of these contribute to her instability.
her alcohol consumption has also been extensively reported.

I agree she targeted him. She had experience with vulnerable men, Keith is one.
Frizby.

Do you have a link as to where Molly was prescribed flexeril? Haven't come across that info before...

isn't that what KM said she was prescribed?...flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) is the most common muscle relaxer (i believe) ... I apologize if I'm mistaken about what muscle relaxer was possibly prescribed for Molly...

i doubt very much the musle relaxants were even named, much less prescribed.
if they had been prescribed the hospital would just have given them to her, wouldn't they?
No drama.
they surely can cope with tight muscles in a psyche hospital like Emory?
Could have been something containing codeine.. dont know that its an over the counter med in USA but I do know that many are addicted to it and none receive prescriptions or buy it on the black market.
It probably has a little piece on the side saying it good for menstrual cramps etc.. at a stretch that could hit 'muscle relaxants' level.

if they had been prescribed the hospital would just have given them to her, wouldn't they?
No drama.
Could have been something containing codeine.. dont know that its an over the counter med in USA but I do know that many are addicted to it and none receive prescriptions or buy it on the black market.
It probably has a little piece on the side saying it good for menstrual cramps etc.. at a stretch that could hit 'muscle relaxants' level.

Codeine and synthetic codeine here in the US are under strict control and narcotic pain relievers...flexeril is more along the lines of valium it doesn't have that pain reliever in it but like it says relaxes your muscles (could relieve pain from tension and possibly menstrual cramps)...both drugs are not easily obtained even from a doctor but both are subject to abuse...

I only brought it up because I made the connection with my friend...she had a breakdown that sounds like KM describes Molly when she cried all the time, had that bag full of prescriptions, wouldn't get out of bed to do anything but sit in the bathtub, didn't want to talk to anybody or see anybody...she had small children and couldn't take them to school or feed them or play with them...it was quite serious...to get her out of it, she underwent the electro-shock treatments...she underwent them once a month for awhile...it was after that she was hospitalized for a few days to stabilize her meds...she doesn't remember a lot of it but she's better now... so, if anything I was thinking Molly could have had them prior to being admitted to the clinic...

No drama.

Jason's sister ( whose credibility has yet to have one mark against it vs the shredded Marten credibility) ...she said this in a sworn affidavit:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...r-wedding-jason-corbetts-sister-34345782.html

"These included claims that Ms Martens was violent towards Jack Corbett on a number of occasions and would scream at him. It was also claimed Ms Martens would drink margaritas from a cup throughout the day, including when she was driving the children. Ms Lynch said she had told Ms Martens she was "crazy" and shouldn't be doing it."

MM was self medicating with alcohol in NC. Just about the worst thing she could do.

Jason's sister ( whose credibility has yet to have one mark against it vs the shredded Marten credibility) ...she said this in a sworn affidavit:

"These included claims that Ms Martens was violent towards Jack Corbett on a number of occasions and would scream at him. It was also claimed Ms Martens would drink margaritas from a cup throughout the day, including when she was driving the children. Ms Lynch said she had told Ms Martens she was "crazy" and shouldn't be doing it."

MM was self medicating with alcohol in NC. Just about the worst thing she could do.
Other interesting thing in that article was the speed at which Molly could move from hysterical to calm.
uncanny.

Hey Folks,

How about linking your sources please. I'm having a hard time following some posts. If it's jmo, please add that to your post.

:tyou:

I just finished reading K's book about his life and relationship with Molly Martens. I read the ebook and do not know how to copy from it...but I believe it is important enough to our discussion that I have also ordered the hard copy. It is a frightening insight into the unbearable circumstances of Jason's marriage. So much is repetitive to things we have read in articles. I urge you ALL to read it...because otherwise we are like a neighborhood book club , sitting around, discussing a book they have never read.

Well, my first 2 hrs searching WS and then Googling on this case makes it quite interesting. Can I assume since the father/daughter's indictment is very recent we probably won't see this trial in 2016?
The things a dad will do to protect his little girl. tsk,tsk,tsk. The things a man will do for a pretty wife. tsk, tsk, tsk. The hubby knew things were off about her or he would have allowed her to adopt the kids. I think hubby saw ton's of questionable, almost daily, bad wifey decisions. He should have just grabbed the kids and moved back to Ireland and remotely handled the divorce. We men quite often allow a pretty woman to peg the magnet on our personal moral compass until it's too late to reverse course. Tsk, tsk, tsk. But of course, this is just my opinion and The Enquirer can't borrow.

Welcome Dale Tracey hoping we can all work together to help the victim Jason Corbett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck