GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome back, we miss you. we only found 1 year- 2007 to march 2008 when she came to Ireland.
He had not used her full name in his book. Police tracked him for an interview a few months ago.. then a dailymail journo discovered the connection and he agreed to an interview.
Thats how it all came about.
Her bi-polar ( if that is an accurate diagnosis) was made apparently when she was just 15.
There are links to the DM interview on the jfj page, somebody scanned it.
Many have purchased the book.
Notable is that she informed Keith by email that she was off all her meds in Ireland.
He said she was a habitual liar. Its unlikely she sent from 26 meds a day plus whatever additional pills she was taking to supplement to absolutely zero meds without very serious consequences.
Notable also is that he stated the doctors told her that her multiple miscarriages were due to the meds she was taking.
The rest basically describes a co-dependent dysfunctional relationship, very sad, very destructive and emotionally violent.

Sharon is still on the missing list.
Police allegedly did interview her early on in the investigation.
It is a big mystery.

Thanks, kitty!!! Think I'll buy the book!

What is our takeaway from your words? That Mollie's mental illness was recognized and addressed but wasn't addressed properly? The treatment wasn't nearly as effective 10-15 yrs ago as it is today and maybe we can help her? Maybe Mollie needs mental help rather than a sentence behind bars? That surely her parents have witnessed all the indicators and keep hoping as each new person enters her life maybe this new person will be the one that gets Mollie over the hump and into a normal world? That KM should consider himself lucky that his only scars remain internal? That Mollie deserves time behind bars for not remaining in control enough to prevent killing her husband?

there were no morality lessons in st mary mead post. It was a description of manic depression congruent with Keith's description, an aid to those who have not read the book and it is accurate.
The victim in this case is Jason corbett.
He is actually dead.
If you read the posts you will find that molly had many offers of help along the road.
She did not accept any of them, however.
She is not at all helpless and meek and emits much vitriol in her posts and her messages by proxy to the author.
Nor are we moral authors , however the events following the murder have shocked thousands.
Sometimes jail is effective in keeping the general populace safe.
Some times the death penalty may be considered appropriate, though I do not personally support it under any circumstances.
Ultimately we must take responsibility for our actions.
If Tom Martens or Sharon Martens inflicted the killing blows then they must be held accountable for the murder.
Prisons do provide psychiatric help for inmates.
But remember, she is not pleading insanity.
She is pleading self defence.
Theres a massive difference

Notable is that she informed Keith by email that she was off all her meds in Ireland.
He said she was a habitual liar. Its unlikely she sent from 26 meds a day plus whatever additional pills she was taking to supplement to absolutely zero meds without very serious consequences.
Notable also is that he stated the doctors told her that her multiple miscarriages were due to the meds she was taking.

Where in the interview did KM say this? Or are we now talking about the contents of his book?

In the article he stated that she fell pregnant and that he was terrified because he knew how many drugs she was taking. He further states that she had a miscarriage on 16 September 2007 and that the hospital informed them that she had miscarried very early on in the pregnancy (https://www.facebook.com/BringJacka...0.1461743832./272069839793764/?type=3&theater) all contained is this snapshot from the article. Where does he say that the hospital said anything about multiple miscarriages or that these being caused by her medication? There was only ever one miscarriage mentioned in the article.

Regarding the statement that she told him she was not taking any medication in Ireland, again, I see no mention of this in the article. He stated that she emailed him 3 times (he thinks). She said she was happy and didn't know if she would ever return to the US. At no point does he mention talk about her medication (https://www.facebook.com/BringJacka...0.1461743832./272069879793760/?type=3&theater).

Where in the interview did KM say this? Or are we now talking about the contents of his book?

In the article he stated that she fell pregnant and that he was terrified because he knew how many drugs she was taking. He further states that she had a miscarriage on 16 September 2007 and that the hospital informed them that she had miscarried very early on in the pregnancy (https://www.facebook.com/BringJacka...0.1461743832./272069839793764/?type=3&theater) all contained is this snapshot from the article. Where does he say that the hospital said anything about multiple miscarriages or that these being caused by her medication? There was only ever one miscarriage mentioned in the article.

Regarding the statement that she told him she was not taking any medication in Ireland, again, I see no mention of this in the article. He stated that she emailed him 3 times (he thinks). She said she was happy and didn't know if she would ever return to the US. At no point does he mention talk about her medication (https://www.facebook.com/BringJacka...0.1461743832./272069879793760/?type=3&theater).

Its its in the book I will quote it exactly
the first emails told me she wasn't taking any meds - which both relieved me and scared me and was doing pretty well - Mary told me I was a great person and that causing me pain was the last thing she wanted to do But had no plans to ever return to Knoxville
thats frightening to me also I don't know would I prefer if she was lying rather than thinking they left her over to Ireland to mind 2 very small children without any medication at all . Cold turkey from taking 26 meds a day . I'm not medically minded but maybe someone else can tell me is this possible or even advised or is it a lie ...

Keith's book
http://www.amazon.com/Turning-Thing...eith maginn&qid=1461401995&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

Haven't checked in lately, since being preoccupied with another case. Kudos to Keith Maginn for writing this memoir and coming forward. Does anyone know why it took so long? At last, MM's lost years have been found! And, our intelligent WSers here had predicted most of it. It shows you really need to listen to your gut feelings. It's unconscionable the Martens sent her off to Ireland to watch and care for two young children!!! That should be a crime! I know the prosecutors are very happy.

WHERE IS SHARON MARTENS???

IMHO

Welcome back

Its its in the book I will quote it exactly

thats frightening to me also I don't know would I prefer if she was lying rather than thinking they left her over to Ireland to mind 2 very small children without any medication at all . Cold turkey from taking 26 meds a day . I'm not medically minded but maybe someone else can tell me is this possible or even advised or is it a lie ...

Keith's book
http://www.amazon.com/Turning-Thing...eith maginn&qid=1461401995&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

Perfect! Was getting awfully confused for a moment as couldn't see it anywhere in the article. Does he go into detail about the amount of medication she was taking after her release from Amory? We know he has stated up to 26 before her stay and that they wanted to regularise it but the article doesn't say anything about afterwards.

I do not see how in any way shape or form she could have simply stopped taking her medication. I notice that the J4J admin posted that during the three years that she was in Ireland that MM would take extended trips back to the US. IMO this could be for the purposes of ensuring her medication was refilled.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...r-wedding-jason-corbetts-sister-34345782.html

In a sworn deposition, Jason's sister testified that Molly had told her she had suffered multiple miscarriages...stated in article above.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...r-wedding-jason-corbetts-sister-34345782.html

In a sworn deposition, Jason's sister testified that Molly had told her she had suffered multiple miscarriages...stated in article above.

I know that there have been talk of multiple miscarriages I was just wondering where it is stated that KM was informed by a doctor that these were caused directly by her medication. I think if this is true then it was a reckless thing to say. It was clear MM was obsessed (IMHO) with children. She was engaged and actively trying to get pregnant within 6 months of dating. IMO if she was told her medication was the cause of her not being able to carry a child, it would have been a great incentive to her to stop her medication entirely.

Perfect! Was getting awfully confused for a moment as couldn't see it anywhere in the article. Does he go into detail about the amount of medication she was taking after her release from Amory? We know he has stated up to 26 before her stay and that they wanted to regularise it but the article doesn't say anything about afterwards.

I do not see how in any way shape or form she could have simply stopped taking her medication. I notice that the J4J admin posted that during the three years that she was in Ireland that MM would take extended trips back to the US. IMO this could be for the purposes of ensuring her medication was refilled.

He doesn't specify just states
Not much changed we returned to Knoxville and tried to move on but it was more of the same. Tense and desperate are the best words I could use, though they don't do the situation justice. Despite all my efforts, I could not argue Mary had sunk to a critical low

Keiths book

What is our takeaway from your words? That Mollie's mental illness was recognized and addressed but wasn't addressed properly? The treatment wasn't nearly as effective 10-15 yrs ago as it is today and maybe we can help her? Maybe Mollie needs mental help rather than a sentence behind bars? That surely her parents have witnessed all the indicators and keep hoping as each new person enters her life maybe this new person will be the one that gets Mollie over the hump and into a normal world? That KM should consider himself lucky that his only scars remain internal? That Mollie deserves time behind bars for not remaining in control enough to prevent killing her husband?

I intended my post to be in the context of my previous posts, and built on their foundation. Maginn's book portrays MM suffering from almost a textbook case of severe bipolar disorder. I posted what those textbook symptoms look like from that professional link. It's a picture of Maginn's life with MM, and Jason's life with MM: the cycles between euphoria, sleeplessness, almost dangerous overconfidence and suicidal lows, despair, anger and distrust. Over and over and over these cycles rotate, never knowing what to expect from life with a very ill MM.

This is highly significant in multiple ways.

First, this book, written years before anyone had an interest in MM, supports entirely the sworn depositions of Jasons sister in the custody dispute. It show her description of MM to not only be totally credible but, like the Maginn book, descriptive of all the symptoms in my post. It absolutely shows Tracey Lynch to be the Truthteller.

MM has stated in depositions and through her lawyer that she has taken no medications for years. With the usual slick lawyer language, the inference is that MM has no pyschiatric problems and therefore, we can find no explanation for the heinous crime in her...so we need to fault Jason himself. The Maginn book which articulates extreme pyschiatric problems, coupled with Jason's sister depositions, point to MM as very sick and also as deceitful about her severe issues. Perhaps she is sadly so ill and so ashamed of her illness that as Ms. LYnch describes in depositions, she is also dangerously self-medicating with alcohol.

And where did this shame start? In my opinion, it begins with a family so morally detached from responsibility for their mentally ill daughter and from the danger she might be to herself and others, that they let her leave a Pysch Ward and go to another continent away from her doctors, to care for an infant and a toddler!!!!! This, so they could be relieved of the burden and embarrassment of her! It's astounding in its recklessness!

And now, in order to keep up this "finest families of America" facade, as marketed by Uncle Mike, they cover up the murder of a good man by assassinating his character. And they begin, hours after that murder,, to secure the money and the children of their victim...so their mentally ill daughter can live alone with those children, drinking and poorly medicated...the cycles of her pyschiatric problems untreated and the children helpless with a admitted rage-killer.

I say again, of you left your puppy with me...and returned to its battered carcass, it's bloody tissue hanging from the walls and furniture...and I say...well, he bit me, I had to do it...and yet I have not a mark on me...would you leave another pet alone with me ever?

I find my vocabulary fails me in describing the heinous characters of this Martens/ Earnest family.

I just want to apologize for what probably seems like me randomly popping in and out of the discussions, I have two small kids and I work part time so it's hard sometimes. I do get to read most of the posts, but don't always have the opportunity to respond.

I was intrigued by what someone said in an earlier post about it possibly being Jason that called her parents in on the night he was killed, I'm sure all of this information is well known by both the prosecutor and the defense, and we'll have to wait longer until the trial perhaps to be privy to this knowledge.

IMO, I do think she killed him and her dad covered, I'm unsure whether I think it was premeditated, but I think she was in the mind frame that she was the best for parent, and she couldn't bear to lose them, and she'd do whatever it took to keep those children.

In the sense of the still missing years, I wouldn't be surprised in a months time to see another article of a previous boyfriend with similar experiences. The missing piece needs to show that she has/had violent tendencies.

I am of the belief that we've probably reached our abilities to sleuth her past, unless someone with some additional IT capabilities comes along. I did find this which shows an additional email address for her, but I don't think it's of any relevance. (It's a scary site actually, after putting my own name in, it had every address I've lived at since 1993, including my on-campus college address!!!)

http://publicrecords.directory/profiles/thomas-martens.1661531.html

Thomas M Martens age 65From: Knoxville, TN12500 Comblain Rd,Knoxville, TN 37934 (865) 675-0156 mollypaige@hotmail.com, rmartens@vt.eduPrevious Addresses: 800 Lindenhall Cir, Knoxville, TN 37934,
12506 Comblain Rd, Knoxville, TN 37934,
12500 Comblain Rd, Knoxville, TN 37922,
800 Lindenhall Cir, Knoxville, TN 37922,
14518 Hills Ct, Centreville, VA 20120
Possible Relatives: Sharon L Martens,
Laura K Martens,
Bobby Earnest Martens,
Stew Martens,
Molly Martens,
Laura K Martens,
Bobby E Martens,
Stewart Martens
Other Phone Numbers: (865) 777-3839,
(865) 675-0156,
(865) 777-3839,
(703) 222-0851

Anniejay thanks for the post. I note the email mollypaige@hotmail.com. How many different emails was she using? When I did a simple google search on that email I ended up on a spokeo page which suggests she has 4 different email addresses. (https://www.spokeo.com/purchase?pid...ens/North-Carolina/Winston-Salem/p17142076081) to me this seem slightly excessive.

Anniejay thanks for the post. I note the email mollypaige@hotmail.com. How many different emails was she using? When I did a simple google search on that email I ended up on a spokeo page which suggests she has 4 different email addresses. (https://www.spokeo.com/purchase?pid...ens/North-Carolina/Winston-Salem/p17142076081) to me this seem slightly excessive.

we know the mollymartens@gmail the other that I know is mollymartens@yahoo.com this mollypaigemartens@hotmail not sure of the other one though.

Another interesting little correlation between the Maginn book and Lynch testimony. Maginn describes a situation where he is living with his Fiancé, goes thru a miscarriage with her, goes thru a pyschiatric hospitalization with her, endures all the cycles of her mania and depression while writing her poems...and she essentially abruptly announces she's going to Ireland for a month and never comes back. Abrupt departure in the extreme.

Now Lynch's testimony is that MM told her she was through with JC and indeed had connected with "an old boyfriend" on Facebook. A secret life in the planning? Only this time, JC had some things MM wants to take into her newest life to be...his kids and his money! Could be why the investigators wanted 1st degree murder initially?

I wonder if the Facebook lover will testify in court?

I know that there have been talk of multiple miscarriages I was just wondering where it is stated that KM was informed by a doctor that these were caused directly by her medication. I think if this is true then it was a reckless thing to say. It was clear MM was obsessed (IMHO) with children. She was engaged and actively trying to get pregnant within 6 months of dating. IMO if she was told her medication was the cause of her not being able to carry a child, it would have been a great incentive to her to stop her medication entirely.
It is stated in the book. anniejay supplied the exact quote, in her 2nd last post, I referred to it twice in replies. I was actuallygiving Wildbeest a synopsis of the book in the reply you are querying,I referred to the book directly in my post and my comments were in relation to the book. I thought it was clear.

I think there is a lot more that will come to light about MM's past than what just came out this weekend, I think there was someone before KM that had what she referred to as her step-daughter on yahoo. I'm sure that the prosecution is probably already in the know of all of this. I don't think MM's 4-day stay in the Emory pysch unit is what she has referred to in the past, she clearly implied she attended both Clemson and Emory Universities as a student.

There is a reference in KM's book (I read it on kindle last night) about MM's having developed some uterine problem: "Mary eventually developed a painful uterine disease that doctors attributed to years of putting so many powerful narcotics in her body. They believed the disease would bother her the rest of her life." I think this sheds some light on the emotional state she must have felt and the trouble with carrying a baby, imo, this on top of depression or bipolar could not be easy. I think she took off for Ireland to escape and start over as previously mentioned, and I'll say again as I did a few months ago in an earlier post, and has been said by others, that it's my opinion that she targeted him. She could've been a nanny for any family, possibly, but a young dad who lost his wife and has two babies essentially? In my opinion, she went there to be a mom, probably heartbroken still after her miscarriage. All of this will be used by the prosecution to paint a picture of who MM is, but they still need to be able to prove that she had the ability to become unhinged and violent. Yes the autopsy is the key but with a jury you never know what type of bleeding hearts are going to be on the panel.

Just one other thing I was thinking about b/c it came up in an earlier thread, I've calculated that when MM arrived in IRL, the children would have been 3yrs,4 months old, and 19 months old respectively. I came to this conclusion as it was stated in articles that the children were 2 yrs old, and 3 months old when their mom passed away, and MM arrived in IRL in March 2008. As far as her saying they called her Mom for 8-years, imo that's a lie.
Emma, here is the post to which I refer

It is stated in the book. anniejay supplied the exact quote, in her 2nd last post, I referred to it twice in replies. I was actuallygiving Wildbeest a synopsis of the book in the reply you are querying,I referred to the book directly in my post and my comments were in relation to the book. I thought it was clear.

And in court documents...I posted that link earlier.

One challenge in our discussions...though understandable...is that those of us who have been here daily...post links and believe that from there on, that item is settled fact in the discussion. But then days or weeks later, when stating that same once "settled fact" ..a challenge for links requires hunting through news releases and court docs again. I wish we could pin a thread with just the things we have established and all agree...as FACT...with the appropriate link, so our discussions could move along more productively...and yet, others can get those links that they need or missed.

That way, if I question something...I could check the "Setlled Facts" thread and that would help me in the discussion as well.

Is this possible, Mods?

I intended my post to be in the context of my previous posts, and built on their foundation. Maginn's book portrays MM suffering from almost a textbook case of severe bipolar disorder. I posted what those textbook symptoms look like from that professional link. It's a picture of Maginn's life with MM, and Jason's life with MM: the cycles between euphoria, sleeplessness, almost dangerous overconfidence and suicidal lows, despair, anger and distrust. Over and over and over these cycles rotate, never knowing what to expect from life with a very ill MM.

This is highly significant in multiple ways.

First, this book, written years before anyone had an interest in MM, supports entirely the sworn depositions of Jasons sister in the custody dispute. It show her description of MM to not only be totally credible but, like the Maginn book, descriptive of all the symptoms in my post. It absolutely shows Tracey Lynch to be the Truthteller.

MM has stated in depositions and through her lawyer that she has taken no medications for years. With the usual slick lawyer language, the inference is that MM has no pyschiatric problems and therefore, we can find no explanation for the heinous crime in her...so we need to fault Jason himself. The Maginn book which articulates extreme pyschiatric problems, coupled with Jason's sister depositions, point to MM as very sick and also as deceitful about her severe issues. Perhaps she is sadly so ill and so ashamed of her illness that as Ms. LYnch describes in depositions, she is also dangerously self-medicating with alcohol.

And where did this shame start? In my opinion, it begins with a family so morally detached from responsibility for their mentally ill daughter and from the danger she might be to herself and others, that they let her leave a Pysch Ward and go to another continent away from her doctors, to care for an infant and a toddler!!!!! This, so they could be relieved of the burden and embarrassment of her! It's astounding in its recklessness!

And now, in order to keep up this "finest families of America" facade, as marketed by Uncle Mike, they cover up the murder of a good man by assassinating his character. And they begin, hours after that murder,, to secure the money and the children of their victim...so their mentally ill daughter can live alone with those children, drinking and poorly medicated...the cycles of her pyschiatric problems untreated and the children helpless with a admitted rage-killer.

I say again, of you left your puppy with me...and returned to its battered carcass, it's bloody tissue hanging from the walls and furniture...and I say...well, he bit me, I had to do it...and yet I have not a mark on me...would you leave another pet alone with me ever?

I find my vocabulary fails me in describing the heinous characters of this Martens/ Earnest family.

Great posts both of you! According to Keith, Molly had phases of these manic and depressive states over the years. What has become apparent is that typically, what Molly wants, Molly gets - Keith had reservations about becoming engaged but he did so to placate Molly to help her to achieve better health, Molly felt undermined by the memory of Mags and so Jason proposed to give her some form of validation in their lives together. Apparently, an ill advised trip to Ireland wasn't above what her parents were/are willing to do in order to allow Molly to have her own way. There is a level of manipulation there that we are still seeing come to bear today if we look at the attacks on Keith Maginn by 'friends' of Molly.

However, I do believe it is possible, that if Molly began to feel that she had achieved her dream once arriving in Ireland, that would have stabilised her emotionally. She had finally filled all of those voids that were causing her such distress and it is possible that she was able to focus her energies into achieving the 'Super-Mom' status. She therefore quite possibly could have legitimately cut back on some of her medications to make it easier to conceal. Remember bipolar sufferers can be very high achievers in the right circumstances.

However, obviously as time has gone on Jason's concerns had grown, perhaps her erratic spending was a sign that she was starting to lose control once again? Whatever the reasoning, I don't see any theories put forward thus far to dispute the theory that Jason had in fact decided to leave, and I think this will have pushed Molly over the edge. Everything she had worked so hard for, she had finally managed to achieve stability in her life, finally managed to make her parents proud, had the family that she so longed for and it was about to be taken away from her. Personally, I see the fear of her parents disappointment at this illness once again destroying her life, the fury at not getting her own way, and the despair of losing everything equating to the level of rage inflicted on Jason that night. But sadly, I feel this places an even bigger responsibility on her parents, they would have known her triggers, they would have known her limits, they would have known her temper, so whether TM actually struck a blow that night he is as guilty as Molly for putting innocent people in her firing line IMO.

Also, just one last point...all the talk of Molly being unable to get a fair trial is bothering me and I feel perhaps my other post was misinterpreted. There have been many, many interesting posters on this thread from ElectricSheep, to Truthseeker79 (?!) amongst many others who have consistently challenged the general theories on this forum. I would say that this is probably reflective of real life, there are many people who are skeptical that Molly and her father are telling anything but the truth. Therefore as I see it, the likelihood is that a trial is as likely to be biased against Jason as it is about Molly so they are pretty level pegging and will therefore be able to achieve a fair trial. The point of my last message wasn't a slam dunk Molly is guilty, it was a statement to the fact that we have heard nothing thus far to support the defense theory...nothing to suggest Jason was on any prescription medication/had a predilection for taking other peoples prescriptions...nothing to suggest that he was an alcoholic...nothing but positive reinforcement of the nice, kind, gentle man he seems to have been. However, there have been no statements of any kind from anyone prior to their 4 years in Winston Salem who have come out to say that Molly is a nice, stable person - no one from her swim clubs in Knoxville, no one from her past employers, absolutely noone. There is simply a dirth of information on the Martens full stop. I would really like to see any kind of evidence to challenge the current thread theory, I will listen to all evidence with open ears, but until someone can show me something more than just one persons word against a dead man then my logic is siding with the evidence. I don't, however, feel that this in turn signifies that Molly would get an unfair trial. All my own opinions of course!

I have a family member with very similar behavior to MM, and she is convinced that turmeric has "solved" all of her mental illness. To every other person on the planet, she's worse than ever, but if you read her emails, poetry, FB, she's better than rainbows with the best life ever in the entire world. The reality is actually quite grim, but if you are not physically seeing her for more than an hour, she will have you convinced that not only is she perfect, but that you are a warped and manipulative person for thinking that she is the one with problems. Master manipulator doesn't even come close. Reminds me 100% of what we've read about MM, including the (possibly fake) miscarriages.

ETA My family member also initiates physical violence with her lovers, then blames them for attacking her. Long history of this.

Emma, here is the post to which I refer

"Mary eventually developed a painful uterine disease that doctors attributed to years of putting so many powerful narcotics in her body. They believed the disease would bother her the rest of her life."

I may be being slightly off here but this does not, to me, translate to him being told - specifically - that she had suffered multiple miscarriages due to her medication. There are many people who suffer from uterine disease who do not miscarry and many who miscarry who do not suffer from uterine disease. We know that she says she suffered miscarriages but IMO we have no proof what caused them - we can only assume.

I have a family member with very similar behavior to MM, and she is convinced that turmeric has "solved" all of her mental illness. To every other person on the planet, she's worse than ever, but if you read her emails, poetry, FB, she's better than rainbows with the best live ever in the entire world. The reality is actually quite grim, but if you are not physically seeing her for more than an hour, she will have you convinced that not only is she perfect, but that you are a warped and manipulative person for thinking that she is the one with problems. Master manipulator doesn't even come close. Reminds me 100% of what we've read about MM, including the (possibly fake) miscarriages.
Great points, thanks.
The multiple miscarriages is very strange, particularly when according to keith's book she was told they were caused by the medication she was taking.
I wonder if she truly ever desired a pregnancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3