GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my first 2 hrs searching WS and then Googling on this case makes it quite interesting. Can I assume since the father/daughter's indictment is very recent we probably won't see this trial in 2016?
The things a dad will do to protect his little girl. tsk,tsk,tsk. The things a man will do for a pretty wife. tsk, tsk, tsk. The hubby knew things were off about her or he would have allowed her to adopt the kids. I think hubby saw ton's of questionable, almost daily, bad wifey decisions. He should have just grabbed the kids and moved back to Ireland and remotely handled the divorce. We men quite often allow a pretty woman to peg the magnet on our personal moral compass until it's too late to reverse course. Tsk, tsk, tsk. But of course, this is just my opinion and The Enquirer can't borrow.

Kate the mod did a great media link if you haven't seen it
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...2015-Media-Links-Documents-Only-No-Discussion

I hope everyone gets a fair trial.. Especially Jason. He is not there to defend himself and make no mistake he will be on trial... His reputation and good name.. Which is all that is left of him ..apart from his kids.

I hope everyone gets a fair trial.. Especially Jason. He is not there to defend himself and make no mistake he will be on trial... His reputation and good name.. Which is all that is left of him ..apart from his kids.

Greatest post I have seen to date

I only brought it up because I made the connection with my friend...she had a breakdown that sounds like KM describes Molly when she cried all the time, had that bag full of prescriptions, wouldn't get out of bed to do anything but sit in the bathtub, didn't want to talk to anybody or see anybody...she had small children and couldn't take them to school or feed them or play with them...it was quite serious...to get her out of it, she underwent the electro-shock treatments...she underwent them once a month for awhile...it was after that she was hospitalized for a few days to stabilize her meds...she doesn't remember a lot of it but she's better now... so, if anything I was thinking Molly could have had them prior to being admitted to the clinic...

It is possible, and given (the limited) research I have done on electro shock therapies, it could be an explanation for how her mood leveled out enough for her to live a relatively stable existence in Ireland. Electro shock plus re-evaluated meds could have led to a winning combo to allow her to present whatever image she chose to Jason and co once she arrived in Ireland.

I haven't read the book yet though so perhaps Keith sheds more light on this angle...perhaps stmarysmead can fill in the blanks until we get a chance to catch up?

please have a little faith in our justice system...

Well, my first 2 hrs searching WS and then Googling on this case makes it quite interesting. Can I assume since the father/daughter's indictment is very recent we probably won't see this trial in 2016?
The things a dad will do to protect his little girl. tsk,tsk,tsk. The things a man will do for a pretty wife. tsk, tsk, tsk. The hubby knew things were off about her or he would have allowed her to adopt the kids. I think hubby saw ton's of questionable, almost daily, bad wifey decisions. He should have just grabbed the kids and moved back to Ireland and remotely handled the divorce. We men quite often allow a pretty woman to peg the magnet on our personal moral compass until it's too late to reverse course. Tsk, tsk, tsk. But of course, this is just my opinion and The Enquirer can't borrow.

Welcome!

No firm dates for trial yet but it was pegged at late 2016/early 2017, however, given the delays at each court appearance thus far it would not surprise me if it was later than that. It's an interesting case, will be nice to get some fresh insights!

Welcome!

No firm dates for trial yet but it was pegged at late 2016/early 2017, however, given the delays at each court appearance thus far it would not surprise me if it was later than that. It's an interesting case, will be nice to get some fresh insights!
I will admit at being a little shocked at the quickness of someone already finishing and publishing a book prior to the trial. I have been a member of a book club locally but never online. Anyone game to join? We could have a few Paypal 1 person and buy 1 copy and each reader promise to finish the book within 4-5 days then pass it along....or each buying their own copy. I guess we could consider it sort of like contributing to a document dump from a NC courthouse:). What say ye? We could ask the poster that posted 6-8 postings back for a confirmation recommended read/purchase. Stmarysmead highly recommended the book.

I will admit at being a little shocked at the quickness of someone already finishing and publishing a book prior to the trial. I have been a member of a book club locally but never online. Anyone game to join? We could have a few Paypal 1 person and buy 1 copy and each reader promise to finish the book within 4-5 days then pass it along....or each buying their own copy. I guess we could consider it sort of like contributing to a document dump from a NC courthouse:). What say ye? We could ask the poster that posted 6-8 postings back for a confirmation recommended read/purchase.

He wrote this book in 2012 before this happened
I can give you first chapter
The first chapter of Keith Maginn's book, Turning This Thing Around:
HELL
What the hell did we do to deserve this? That question has popped into my head a few dozen times in the past several months. I’m in a ****-hole motel somewhere in Atlanta, but it might as well be a five-star hotel compared to my fiancée’s situation: Mary is in a psych ward being treated for severe bipolar/manic depression. I just got off the phone with her. She was hysterical, begging me to sneak her Coca-Cola and muscle-relaxers.
I have no idea what to do or how much longer I can take this. Tears are streaming down my face and I am asking God, once again, for help. My life has fallen apart and I see no daylight ahead.
Mary is still furious with me about check-in night at the “rehabilitation center,” as they delicately call it. She is enraged at me because I refused to give her muscle-relaxers despite strict orders to the contrary. Weaning her off the plethora of medications she was on was the whole idea of bringing her here: sixteen prescribed meds daily and another ten to be used “as needed.” Up to twenty-six different medications a day for one person (and she weighed less than 120 lbs.)!
And they were not helping; quite the opposite, actually.
I stood firm on that first night, refusing to “help her pain” by disobeying facility commands. Mary cried and told me to leave; she said I must not really love her. I stalled for a few minutes, waiting for her to change her mind. She did not.
Hadn’t I proven time after time I would always be there, that I truly loved her and would do anything I could for her? Hadn’t I talked her out of suicide multiple times, holding her on the bathroom floor or in bed as she cried uncontrollably night after night? Didn’t I lay with her in the hospital telling her things would be better someday? And now she’s saying I don’t care and she doesn’t want me around?
So I left the building.
I went to my car to think for a few minutes. I decided to go back to Mary’s room. I asked her if she really wanted me to go. She said if I wouldn’t give her the muscle-relaxers, then I should.
I left again.
The Most Loving Thing I Could Do
sitting outside your prison
where they’re trying to figure you out
wondering why you?
why now?
what’s this crazy world all about?
Been trying to read a little
but thinking of you a lot
you’re stuck inside alone
wondering if you’ll make it or not
I keep tearing up
looking to the sky
drops smack the pavement
as I ask “oh God, why?”
I know you feel so alone
maybe someday it will make sense to you
why I didn’t give you what you asked for
that’s the most loving thing I could do
I withheld from you
what I was ordered not to give
even when you said
I should leave
there was no reason for you to live
I would give up us
my love
only if that would help you
maybe someday you will understand
that’s the most loving thing I could do.
–KM (February ’08)
Mary had been manic on the drive down from Knoxville, Tennessee, the phase of her illness when she felt indescribable euphoria. I dreaded this stage because of the devastating low that inevitably followed. And it wasn’t her; it was a fake happiness, a mirage.
She’d had these sporadic manic periods for years, often staying awake for days. Mary would finish entire novels in one sitting or jog for miles, despite rarely exercising normally. It was a fantasy-like high, as if she were on hallucinogenic drugs.
The rehab center was one highly-monitored hallway of rooms. Patients stood inert with blank expressions on their faces. Others stared at bare walls as if there were no life inside them. I could not tell what gender some of the patients were. There were odd, primal sounds coming out of several rooms.
Nearly all the patients had attempted suicide at least once, some several times. Many were in the midst of electro-shock treatments. It was a sullen, grave place, much like the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest with Jack Nicholson.
The huge difference to me, of course, was that in this real-life psych ward, my fiancée was the main character.
Mary was adamant that anyone knew the whole truth of our predicament. A great number of prejudices and stereotypes are associated with mental illness in our society and she did not want to be judged unfairly. Nor did she want pity. My friends and family eventually began to suspect something was not right, but chose not to pry. I admitted to others that Mary struggled with migraines and insomnia–which she did–but no one had a clue how serious her problems were.
In the meantime, I could feel myself slipping away. I was going down with the ship. My mind was a whirlwind of worry, sadness, confusion and anger. It was overwhelming.
I feared I was losing my mind.
Repeatedly, I asked God for help, but things kept getting worse. What did Mary do to deserve this? She was a good person–so great with kids–yet had suffered almost her entire life.
And, what did I do? I was a good person. Had I not spent years in low-paying jobs helping others instead of chasing a bigger paycheck elsewhere? And for what, so we could struggle with bills and barely afford groceries?
I often feared Mary would finally give up. She swore she could never do that to me, but she talked about it often.
We had no idea how long Mary would be at the rehab center. Thank God my boss was understanding and told me to stay as long as I needed and not worry about work right now (I only told my boss that Mary’s health was terrible and we were going to a center to help her regulate her medications). I had very little money, hence the shoddy motel. My “smoke-free” room reeked of cigarettes and had multiple burn holes in the drapes and comforter. The cleaning crew neglected to clean the shavings from the previous guest, which were still on the bathroom counter-top and in the sink. Yet compared to Mary’s circumstances, I had no right to feel sorry for myself.
After Mary asked me to leave, I drove an hour towards home before I swallowed my pride and returned to be with her. I didn’t know if she would pull through. I didn’t know if either of us would ever be “okay” again. I had no idea how we’d gotten into this mess or if we could get back out.
Visiting hours at the center were 5 to 9 pm. I spent the days reading and writing, but mostly worrying. I also passed time in a small hospital chapel next door to Mary’s facility, meditating and praying. I prayed mostly for Mary, but–for the first time in years–I also prayed for myself.

https://keithmaginn.com/sample-chapter/

I will admit at being a little shocked at the quickness of someone already finishing and publishing a book prior to the trial. I have been a member of a book club locally but never online. Anyone game to join? We could have a few Paypal 1 person and buy 1 copy and each reader promise to finish the book within 4-5 days then pass it along....or each buying their own copy. I guess we could consider it sort of like contributing to a document dump from a NC courthouse:). What say ye? We could ask the poster that posted 6-8 postings back for a confirmation recommended read/purchase.
The book by Keith was published in 2012, it was a cathartic exercise for him detailig part of his time with molly. In the book he called her Mary,
A journalist with the Daily Mail twigged it and asked him for an interview a week ago.
He agreed to the interview because the police had already questioned him in relation to his association with her from 2007 until March 2008 when she did a runner on him and came to Ireland as nanny for Jason Corbett.
He was shocked to learn about the untruths she told at the custody hearing and he came forward.
There is no information that he will attest at trial.
I doubt he will be called as witness. He has a website and it includes a free chapter of the book.

I will admit at being a little shocked at the quickness of someone already finishing and publishing a book prior to the trial. I have been a member of a book club locally but never online. Anyone game to join? We could have a few Paypal 1 person and buy 1 copy and each reader promise to finish the book within 4-5 days then pass it along....or each buying their own copy. I guess we could consider it sort of like contributing to a document dump from a NC courthouse:). What say ye? We could ask the poster that posted 6-8 postings back for a confirmation recommended read/purchase. Stmarysneed highly recommended the book.

The book stmarysmead was referring to was called Turning This Thing Around by Keith Maginn and it was published in 2010...turns out it was written by an ex-fiance of Molly's who had written a biography about his turbulent relationship with her and how he survived it. https://keithmaginn.com/about-my-book/

Just to get you up to speed, Molly attended Clemson in 2003 and then there was a gap in her timeline until she landed in Ireland to nanny for Jason. Keith Maginn gave an interview to the Irish Daily Mail last week exposing their relationship in 2007/08 and the fact that Molly was bipolar and very unstable prior to her leaving for Ireland. The interview isn't yet available online but it has been screenshot and posted on the Justice for Jason facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/BringJackandSarahHome/ The book has apparently added weight to many of the theories that have been floating around here as the case has worn on so will be an interesting read, I'm looking forward to it.

Google it, many links from various sources Frizby.. but more importantly see anniejay's last post.. she has quote from book stating cause of miscarriages

I just want to apologize for what probably seems like me randomly popping in and out of the discussions, I have two small kids and I work part time so it's hard sometimes. I do get to read most of the posts, but don't always have the opportunity to respond.

I was intrigued by what someone said in an earlier post about it possibly being Jason that called her parents in on the night he was killed, I'm sure all of this information is well known by both the prosecutor and the defense, and we'll have to wait longer until the trial perhaps to be privy to this knowledge.

IMO, I do think she killed him and her dad covered, I'm unsure whether I think it was premeditated, but I think she was in the mind frame that she was the best for parent, and she couldn't bear to lose them, and she'd do whatever it took to keep those children.

In the sense of the still missing years, I wouldn't be surprised in a months time to see another article of a previous boyfriend with similar experiences. The missing piece needs to show that she has/had violent tendencies.

I am of the belief that we've probably reached our abilities to sleuth her past, unless someone with some additional IT capabilities comes along. I did find this which shows an additional email address for her, but I don't think it's of any relevance. (It's a scary site actually, after putting my own name in, it had every address I've lived at since 1993, including my on-campus college address!!!)

http://publicrecords.directory/profiles/thomas-martens.1661531.html

Thomas M Martens age 65From: Knoxville, TN12500 Comblain Rd,Knoxville, TN 37934 (865) 675-0156 mollypaige@hotmail.com, rmartens@vt.eduPrevious Addresses: 800 Lindenhall Cir, Knoxville, TN 37934,
12506 Comblain Rd, Knoxville, TN 37934,
12500 Comblain Rd, Knoxville, TN 37922,
800 Lindenhall Cir, Knoxville, TN 37922,
14518 Hills Ct, Centreville, VA 20120
Possible Relatives: Sharon L Martens,
Laura K Martens,
Bobby Earnest Martens,
Stew Martens,
Molly Martens,
Laura K Martens,
Bobby E Martens,
Stewart Martens
Other Phone Numbers: (865) 777-3839,
(865) 675-0156,
(865) 777-3839,
(703) 222-0851

It is possible, and given (the limited) research I have done on electro shock therapies, it could be an explanation for how her mood leveled out enough for her to live a relatively stable existence in Ireland. Electro shock plus re-evaluated meds could have led to a winning combo to allow her to present whatever image she chose to Jason and co once she arrived in Ireland.

I haven't read the book yet though so perhaps Keith sheds more light on this angle...perhaps stmarysmead can fill in the blanks until we get a chance to catch up?

I don't know...I think she would have had to had them before her med-stabilization and KM would have known about it...he doesn't mention it however, they're kind of incapacitating for a while after each one...I mean my friend kind of forgot who she was at times she was so lost... but I appreciate what you are saying ... upon believing that she had "a new lease on life she probably presented herself as healthy...she is quite pretty... I bet Jason was very taken with her and the children too...to say she had evil in her heart is totally unfair...she was obviously a sick and broken person who picked up the pieces of her life and went on ... something went wrong in her relationship with Jason after she came to the States and I dare say none of us knows what happened...guilty or not guilty, if Molly is prevented from having a fair trial she'll get away with it...IMO

I don't know...I think she would have had to had them before her med-stabilization and KM would have known about it...he doesn't mention it however, they're kind of incapacitating for a while after each one...I mean my friend kind of forgot who she was at times she was so lost... but I appreciate what you are saying ... upon believing that she had "a new lease on life she probably presented herself as healthy...she is quite pretty... I bet Jason was very taken with her and the children too...to say she had evil in her heart is totally unfair...she was obviously a sick and broken person who picked up the pieces of her life and went on ... something went wrong in her relationship with Jason after she came to the States and I dare say none of us knows what happened...guilty or not guilty, if Molly is prevented from having a fair trial she'll get away with it...IMO

No offense searcinGirl but I've never said that Molly has evil in her heart... I personally don't prescribe to that train of thought. I am also struggling to see why she won't be afforded a fair trial, I haven't seen anything thus far in this case that has the capacity to prejudice a jury more than any other case. But again that is just my opinion!

I just want to apologize for what probably seems like me randomly popping in and out of the discussions, I have two small kids and I work part time so it's hard sometimes. I do get to read most of the posts, but don't always have the opportunity to respond.

I was intrigued by what someone said in an earlier post about it possibly being Jason that called her parents in on the night he was killed, I'm sure all of this information is well known by both the prosecutor and the defense, and we'll have to wait longer until the trial perhaps to be privy to this knowledge.

IMO, I do think she killed him and her dad covered, I'm unsure whether I think it was premeditated, but I think she was in the mind frame that she was the best for parent, and she couldn't bear to lose them, and she'd do whatever it took to keep those children.

In the sense of the still missing years, I wouldn't be surprised in a months time to see another article of a previous boyfriend with similar experiences. The missing piece needs to show that she has/had violent tendencies.

I am of the belief that we've probably reached our abilities to sleuth her past, unless someone with some additional IT capabilities comes along. I did find this which shows an additional email address for her, but I don't think it's of any relevance. (It's a scary site actually, after putting my own name in, it had every address I've lived at since 1993, including my on-campus college address!!!)

http://publicrecords.directory/profiles/thomas-martens.1661531.html

Thomas M Martens age 65From: Knoxville, TN12500 Comblain Rd,Knoxville, TN 37934 (865) 675-0156 mollypaige@hotmail.com, rmartens@vt.eduPrevious Addresses: 800 Lindenhall Cir, Knoxville, TN 37934,
12506 Comblain Rd, Knoxville, TN 37934,
12500 Comblain Rd, Knoxville, TN 37922,
800 Lindenhall Cir, Knoxville, TN 37922,
14518 Hills Ct, Centreville, VA 20120
Possible Relatives: Sharon L Martens,
Laura K Martens,
Bobby Earnest Martens,
Stew Martens,
Molly Martens,
Laura K Martens,
Bobby E Martens,
Stewart Martens
Other Phone Numbers: (865) 777-3839,
(865) 675-0156,
(865) 777-3839,
(703) 222-0851
Great to see you whenever you do have the time , thanks anniejay.
theres lots more we can sleuth still..
its ever so strange we have drawn so many blanks.
I know I said it before but I still believe that some electronic wiping has occurred and info has been deleted

Thank you for providing this valuable and informative link. It helped fill some holes for me. THANK YOU KATE B for the effort and time in providing us newbies all this info in one place. Now I will need to go back and find all these lies I hear about. She claiming to be a school teacher, olympic swimmer, Clemson student, etc.
How did JC acquire all this money at such a young age? Paid $350,000 cash for NC house. I also wondered where LE investigators found the $80,000 transfer back in 2011 to his in-laws. Did he make the transfer or did his wife secretly make the transfer?

Because I can't post from K's book...I will just say that in the year she lived with him, she followed this pattern of illness...it's stunning how typical her manic/depressive cycles were.

http://www.lakeviewbehavioralhealth.com/bipolar/effects-signs-symptoms

Bipolar disorder is actually comprised of two disorders and a related disorder, each having unique symptoms and presentations.

Bipolar I disorder is considered to be “classic” bipolar disorder and involves periods of mania which can involve an inflated sense of self-worth, reckless behavior, marked decrease in the need for sleep, and racing thoughts. These manic episodes are present for at least one week, most of the day every day for that week. Following a manic episode is a hypomanic episode, a similarly energetic period, but not quite as intense as a full manic episode. These episodes are interspersed with major depressive episodes that can lead to suicidal thoughts and behaviors.

Bipolar II disorder is a less extreme form of bipolar disorder that is characterized by recurring mood episodes that involve at least one major depressive episode and at least one hypomanic episode. The symptoms of these respective episodes must be present most of the day nearly every day and symbolize a major deviation from normal behaviors.

Thank you for providing this valuable and informative link. It helped fill some holes for me. THANK YOU KATE B for the effort and time in providing us newbies all this info in one place. Now I will need to go back and find all these lies I hear about. She claiming to be a school teacher, olympic swimmer, Clemson student, etc.
How did JC acquire all this money at such a young age? Paid $350,000 cash for NC house. I also wondered where LE investigators found the $80,000 transfer back in 2011 to his in-laws. Did he make the transfer or did his wife secretly make the transfer?

He sold his home in Ireland at the time the euro was double the value of the dollar , I presume thats where he got the money

Because I can't post from K's book...I will just say that in the year she lived with him, she followed this pattern of illness...it's stunning how typical her manic/depressive cycles were.

http://www.lakeviewbehavioralhealth.com/bipolar/effects-signs-symptoms

Bipolar disorder is actually comprised of two disorders and a related disorder, each having unique symptoms and presentations.

Bipolar I disorder is considered to be “classic” bipolar disorder and involves periods of mania which can involve an inflated sense of self-worth, reckless behavior, marked decrease in the need for sleep, and racing thoughts. These manic episodes are present for at least one week, most of the day every day for that week. Following a manic episode is a hypomanic episode, a similarly energetic period, but not quite as intense as a full manic episode. These episodes are interspersed with major depressive episodes that can lead to suicidal thoughts and behaviors.

Bipolar II disorder is a less extreme form of bipolar disorder that is characterized by recurring mood episodes that involve at least one major depressive episode and at least one hypomanic episode. The symptoms of these respective episodes must be present most of the day nearly every day and symbolize a major deviation from normal behaviors.
What is our takeaway from your words? That Mollie's mental illness was recognized and addressed but wasn't addressed properly? The treatment wasn't nearly as effective 10-15 yrs ago as it is today and maybe we can help her? Maybe Mollie needs mental help rather than a sentence behind bars? That surely her parents have witnessed all the indicators and keep hoping as each new person enters her life maybe this new person will be the one that gets Mollie over the hump and into a normal world? That KM should consider himself lucky that his only scars remain internal? That Mollie deserves time behind bars for not remaining in control enough to prevent killing her husband?

Haven't checked in lately, since being preoccupied with another case. Kudos to Keith Maginn for writing this memoir and coming forward. Does anyone know why it took so long? At last, MM's lost years have been found! And, our intelligent WSers here had predicted most of it. It shows you really need to listen to your gut feelings. It's unconscionable the Martens sent her off to Ireland to watch and care for two young children!!! That should be a crime! I know the prosecutors are very happy.

WHERE IS SHARON MARTENS???

IMHO

Haven't checked in lately, since being preoccupied with another case. Kudos to Keith Maginn for writing this memoir and coming forward. Does anyone know why it took so long? At last, MM's lost years have been found! And, our intelligent WSers here had predicted most of it. It shows you really need to listen to your gut feelings. It's unconscionable the Martens sent her off to Ireland to watch and care for two young children!!! That should be a crime! I know the prosecutors are very happy.

WHERE IS SHARON MARTENS???

IMHO
welcome back, we miss you. we only found 1 year- 2007 to march 2008 when she came to Ireland.
He had not used her full name in his book. Police tracked him for an interview a few months ago.. then a dailymail journo discovered the connection and he agreed to an interview.
Thats how it all came about.
Her bi-polar ( if that is an accurate diagnosis) was made apparently when she was just 15.
There are links to the DM interview on the jfj page, somebody scanned it.
Many have purchased the book.
Notable is that she informed Keith by email that she was off all her meds in Ireland.
He said she was a habitual liar. Its unlikely she sent from 26 meds a day plus whatever additional pills she was taking to supplement to absolutely zero meds without very serious consequences.
Notable also is that he stated the doctors told her that her multiple miscarriages were due to the meds she was taking.
The rest basically describes a co-dependent dysfunctional relationship, very sad, very destructive and emotionally violent.

Sharon is still on the missing list.
Police allegedly did interview her early on in the investigation.
It is a big mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member