DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not sleuth family members.

It's against WS TOS.

Thank you!

I'm a newbie & have a question regarding who is eligible to be sleuthed in this case. Could someone tell me if the family members mentioned in print media are open for discussion? In particular can SM's actions be discussed. I saw her name in a number of articles & wonder if she can be sleuthed. Thank you in advance for guidance on this subject.

Yeah, I have noticed the lawyer refer to the discovery documents and nothing being mentioned in them regarding statement from Jack. He seems to focus on what Jack said about the baseball bat. He has on more than one occasion said that there is nothing in the 6,000 pages of discovery to provide them with any statement from Jack or anything statement taken by law enforcements regarding the bat. He does really seem to focus on this particularly as if referring to the search warrant which was carried out at the home of JC & MM. Now the search warrant does mention what Jack said to the grief counsellor, which was passed on to LE by David Lynch, however, it also mentions that LE viewed public photos of Jack with similar bat.

Could he be trying to get the search warrant and all discovered under it thrown out? The actual bat cannot be excluded as it is one of the murder weapons. The way I view the bat, it was either a new bat as TM said and if so he can prove he bought it & proved forensically, or it was a previously used bat which could also be proved forensically.

He could indeed, well spotted!

The defence are drip feeding the media the tactics and defence that they will be making, they have suggested it before but not so direct. They have now made a statement saying that JC was drunk on the night and was on antidepressants which caused him to fly into a violent rage. For someone who is in a violent rage against others it is really odd how those other people had no marks on them. For every expert that they will have to claim this, the persecution will have their own expert to counteract it. I suppose this is the only defence that they can try, there is no real other avenue open to them.

This article really is just a rehash/written version of the ABC TV clip posted earlier by Kitty.

Lawyers for Molly Martens claim her husband was drunk and on antidepressants, which caused him to fly into a violent rage on the night he was killed

http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/mood-drugs-caused-jason-corbett-to-fly-into-rage-lawyers-claim

Yes. This was to be expected. The problem becomes, if he could not land a hand on them, why the overkill? Hopefully the Prosecutor will ask the jury to try to imagine ANY scenario where that would happen? I keep think of those inflatable Bozo the clown toys that my kids used to have...you'd punch them and they'd pop back up so you could punch them again. Is that what the defense is claiming Jason did that night?

Also, they mention MM stopped taking medication for her bipolar disease "many years ago." Hopefully the Prosecutors will have checked the house for medications, check pharmacies for prescriptions. But, maybe some of you with more medical knowledge can explain, is bipolar disease like the flu...just goes away? On the cases I have seen, a bipolar individual who does not continue medication...I know one that was trying to get pregnant...is asking for a relapse.

The defence are drip feeding the media the tactics and defence that they will be making, they have suggested it before but not so direct. They have now made a statement saying that JC was drunk on the night and was on antidepressants which caused him to fly into a violent rage. For someone who is in a violent rage against others it is really odd how those other people had no marks on them. For every expert that they will have to claim this, the persecution will have their own expert to counteract it. I suppose this is the only defence that they can try, there is no real other avenue open to them.

This article really is just a rehash/written version of the ABC TV clip posted earlier by Kitty.

http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/mood-drugs-caused-jason-corbett-to-fly-into-rage-lawyers-claim

I agree, I think as much as they are claiming a tainted jury pool, the only option they have before them is to try to convince people prior to the trial as the prosecution evidence is so damning. At the end of the day, if Jason was on anti-depressants, he will surely have had a prescription, if he had been drinking heavily, there were plenty of independent witnesses who can attest to how intoxicated he was during the course of the day. None of that accounts for the overkill described in the autopsy.

Today I read all 98 pages generated by this case. To all of you who have helped make what was in the released files understandable a huge thank you. It is chilling to read some of the details in greater depth. I think that the supposed cpr being done by MM & TM is a fallacy. Reading the autopsy report, Jason's injuries were not survivable. Imo the accused murderers knew dead men can tell no tales.However they were wrong, investigators knew early on they were dealing with a homicide. Jason could not be allowed to live. Sorry to be so graphic, they bashed his head in.

Today I read all 98 pages generated by this case. To all of you who have helped make what was in the released files understandable a huge thank you. It is chilling to read some of the details in greater depth. I think that the supposed cpr being done by MM & TM is a fallacy. Reading the autopsy report, Jason's injuries were not survivable. Imo the accused murderers knew dead men can tell no tales.However they were wrong, investigators knew early on they were dealing with a homicide. Jason could not be allowed to live. Sorry to be so graphic, they bashed his head in.
I think it was quite obvious to the killers that his injuries were not survivable, molly a certified (lunatic) cpr trained. Tom a fed.
Pinpointing time of death is extremely difficult.
Autopsy- stomach contents- masticated greens, amidst other contents that had become thick chyme, suggesting they were several hours in stomach or since victim last ate some food. Suggest he may have gone to fridge for a nibble just before he died, other possibility is that greens take so much longer to become broken down by digestive enzymes. Location of chyme in stomach was not given, but is known. There is no possibility that a blood alcohol level taken post mortem could be so low as indicator of higher at time of death.
These are insults to the deceased. This is victim blaming. This is cruelty. These are atrocious lies. This is the defence of extreme violence/ gutter media, and men who are morally bankrupt as well as extremely ignorant.
Look at the inequality.
Look at the vulnerability of the family of the deceased.
If US justice hopes to gain any credibility after this a gag order must be put in place and those lawyers brought before an ethics committee.
Their defence is just as brutal as the acts of the murderers they are highly paid to defend.
A family is suffering, hid right out in the open.
This is sinister and this is ugly.

Yes. This was to be expected. The problem becomes, if he could not land a hand on them, why the overkill? Hopefully the Prosecutor will ask the jury to try to imagine ANY scenario where that would happen? I keep think of those inflatable Bozo the clown toys that my kids used to have...you'd punch them and they'd pop back up so you could punch them again. Is that what the defense is claiming Jason did that night?

Also, they mention MM stopped taking medication for her bipolar disease "many years ago." Hopefully the Prosecutors will have checked the house for medications, check pharmacies for prescriptions. But, maybe some of you with more medical knowledge can explain, is bipolar disease like the flu...just goes away? On the cases I have seen, a bipolar individual who does not continue medication...I know one that was trying to get pregnant...is asking for a relapse.

As a person with bipolar disorder, perhaps I can shed a little light on your question (s). Bipolar disorder is not a curable condition. To state that Molly no longer needs medication is not a truthful comment. Bipolar is a blanket term. There are different variables as each of us are individuals with varying chemical makeups. Bipolar is a treatable disorder & many people lead fulfilling lives. A recipe for disaster is thinking you are "Cured", and subsequently stopping your medication protocol. Untreated bipolar generally causes eratic thinking & poor decision making. I hope I have helped a little to answer your question. A very good source of further information is Nami (National alliance for the mentally ill)

As a person with bipolar disorder, perhaps I can shed a little light on your question (s). Bipolar disorder is not a curable condition. To state that Molly no longer needs medication is not a truthful comment. Bipolar is a blanket term. There are different variables as each of us are individuals with varying chemical makeups. Bipolar is a treatable disorder & many people lead fulfilling lives. A recipe for disaster is thinking you are "Cured", and subsequently stopping your medication protocol. Untreated bipolar generally causes eratic thinking & poor decision making. I hope I have helped a little to answer your question. A very good source of further information is Nami (National alliance for the mentally ill)

It's worth keeping in mind that the only source so far for Molly having bipolar disorder is Jason's sister during the custody hearing. I'd like to hear it confirmed by a medical source.

That is true. The latest evoke article makes reference to her having taken antidepressants when she was younger. This does not confirm she was bipolar.http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/mood-drugs-caused-jason-corbett-to-fly-into-rage-lawyers-claim
No its not the truth, actually. Remember how sad Jason was when he learnt, just before they departed from the uSA that she had several physical conditions(unspecified), as well as bi-polar which she had kept hidden up until then. this was widely published in late 2015, early 2016. One reference was from a friend of Jasons' called Lynne Shanahan, as far as I recall. We had many debates here regarding whether or not it was lithium dependant bi-polar or some more serious condition which incorporated violence as part of its pathogenesis. We are told she declared herself bi-polar, we pondered more serious conditions. We will not have her medical diagnosis, until trial, if then.
Evoke is a sub of the notoriously outrageous, for accuracy and factual acquisition, Daily Mail.
to date the Irish Times has published some sound articles, but not many.
The case lacks serious journalism or investigative reportage that is reputable.
This is unfortunate and suggests the defnce will be just as heinous atrocious and cruel to the victim, as his murder was.

That is true. The latest evoke article makes reference to her having taken antidepressants when she was younger. This does not confirm she was bipolar.http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/mood-drugs-caused-jason-corbett-to-fly-into-rage-lawyers-claim
I just read the Evoke story and my heart breaks for those children. Regarding the Martenes, I find it hard to imagine they would both would participate in this if they both did not feel threatened which would seem that they did it in self defense. The other thing that makes me wonder about this, is why a former FBI agent would admit to hitting the victim with a bat to a 911 operator, if they did not think that they were acting in self defense. Why would he do that if he thought he had done anything wrong?

I just read the Evoke story and my heart breaks for those children. Regarding the Martenes, I find it hard to imagine they would both would participate in this if they both did not feel threatened which would seem that they did it in self defense. The other thing that makes me wonder about this, is why a former FBI agent would admit to hitting the victim with a bat to a 911 operator, if they did not think that they were acting in self defense. Why would he do that if he thought he had done anything wrong?
It will be necessary to read the entire thread for answers to your questions. It will also be necessary to read the full autopsy in documents. The victim was battered to death, his skull fractured and parts of his skull and scalp all over the room. That is called overkill. Perhaps the former fed is suffering from delusions and an exceedingly poor moral compass if he thought he had done nothing wrong. Your other question pertains to motive. Several possible motives have been discussed.
Feeling threatened and evidence of having been threatened is missing. The perpetrators of this most violent crime had not a single mark upon their persons.

Perhaps a Father would do that to protect his daughter....

Here is speculation on my part. Let's say...MM has had an unsettled history...dropped out of college...did random babysitting jobs...was prone to rages that may have been part of her specific bipolar disorder. Still she is an only daughter and much- loved daughter. But one day, a miracle seems to happen...MM meets a successful Irish businessman with two adorable young children. He marries her,buys her a lovely home not too far from family, takes her on frequent expensive vacations, and provides a comfortable lifestyle. The entire family become close to his children. Life is good.

But the one thing JC will NOT do is let MM adopt his children. Perhaps he sees more and more disturbing aspects of his wife, perhaps she favors one child and is distant with the other...in any event, if he should die, JC wants those children to be with his family, back in Ireland. Considering he seems to have given MM everything else she wanted and allowed her family to camp out at his home at will...he must have had a compelling reason.

This leads to discord in the marriage and talk of divorce. Now certainly JC is not allowing a possible soon-to-be ex-wife to adopt.

Now the Martens see this as "abuse." If only he would give in, MM wouldn't be raging, they wouldn't have to run down there all the time to "manage" her.

After a night of fat- shaming and ridicule in front of friends, JC announces he's done with the marriage. He's taking the kids back to Ireland and coming back only to divorce her. She rages at him...but he ignores her...even going outside for an impromptu gathering with friends. She calls her parents...who have just left days ago...COME BACK...he's leaving me and taking the kids.

They drive back, Molly is fuming but JC has gone to bed. TM wakes up to find his daughter hysterical, covered on JC's blood...saying she couldn't take it anymore...she killed him.

The old exFBI training kicks in. Jason is dead. But now the question becomes, how to save Molly...HIS child. In TM's mind this really is a lot of JC's fault. He "drove her to it."

So a decison is made that he will take the blame. Self defense, he knows from his FBI experience, is the best bet to get them all off Scot-free. Molly's self control is so poor that it does not allow her to stick to the script...so although TM takes all the blame in the 911 call, she tells the police that she killed him in her interview.

TM is not aware that two weapons were used or the heinous rage killing that MM perpetrated...so the autopsy becomes problematic.

But now...they are in it to win it. They have to! They have boxed themselves in. But they still feel that MM had some form of righteous entitlement to batter a man to death. So they tell themselves it's...okay.

My imaginary scenario and opinions only.

No its not the truth, actually. Remember how sad Jason was when he learnt, just before they departed from the uSA that she had several physical conditions(unspecified), as well as bi-polar which she had kept hidden up until then. this was widely published in late 2015, early 2016. One reference was from a friend of Jasons' called Lynne Shanahan, as far as I recall. We had many debates here regarding whether or not it was lithium dependant bi-polar or some more serious condition which incorporated violence as part of its pathogenesis. We are told she declared herself bi-polar, we pondered more serious conditions. We will not have her medical diagnosis, until trial, if then.
Evoke is a sub of the notoriously outrageous, for accuracy and factual acquisition, Daily Mail.
to date the Irish Times has published some sound articles, but not many.
The case lacks serious journalism or investigative reportage that is reputable.
This is unfortunate and suggests the defnce will be just as heinous atrocious and cruel to the victim, as his murder was.

So true, just a week ago they ran a headline that Molly sent the funeral bill to Jason's family at Easter weekend,but in the body of the article it turned out. Molly's lawyer sent it to the lawyer for Jason's estate in November.

Just came across this info re Judge Brian Shipwash - http://www.brianshipwash.com/projects.html

Interesting to note that the judge the defense are trying to get removed, seems to be actively engaged with the issue of domestic violence in Davidson County. One could presume if he is actively pioneering system reform on the issue, he would certainly be engaged with the issue in relation to any cases which come before him.

It's worth keeping in mind that the only source so far for Molly having bipolar disorder is Jason's sister during the custody hearing. I'd like to hear it confirmed by a medical source.

If Molly didn't suffer from bi polar disorder surely Tracey's evidence at the custody hearing would have been disproven? I'm sure her lawyers would be singing like a canary if that information was incorrect.

Why would he fail to mention the paving brick?
Why would he not mention Jason was allegedly drunk?
Why would sm stay in basement if her daughter was in mortal peril, if indeed that's where she stayed?
why would they tell the family Molly pushed him and he hit his head?
Why the overkill?
why the rush to cremate before the family could get there and without any consultation over same? Tracey found out about proposed cremation on stop over in New York.
Why were there no marks on the defendants?
why did the scene cause immediate suspicion with the police?

There are so many whys......

In my opinion the answer to your question is ... They had to come up with some explanation and as self defence is "justifiable homicide" that was the best explanation for them/the best get out of jail free card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx