GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he fail to mention the paving brick?
Why would he not mention Jason was allegedly drunk?
Why would sm stay in basement if her daughter was in mortal peril, if indeed that's where she stayed?
why would they tell the family Molly pushed him and he hit his head?
Why the overkill?
why the rush to cremate before the family could get there and without any consultation over same? Tracey found out about proposed cremation on stop over in New York.
Why were there no marks on the defendants?
why did the scene cause immediate suspicion with the police?

There are so many whys......

In my opinion the answer to your question is ... They had to come up with some explanation and as self defence is "justifiable homicide" that was the best explanation for them/the best get out of jail free card...

Great post .

If Molly didn't suffer from bi polar disorder surely Tracey's evidence at the custody hearing would have been disproven? I'm sure her lawyers would be singing like a canary if that information was incorrect.

I am sure they will be at the trial. I wouldn't take anything said by either side at the custody hearing for gospel. Desperate times, desperate means.

Fido so many excellent questions in your post. We will learn more as this case progresses. Of course I wish as do many others (especially Jason's family, friends & supporters) that more info could be released; however the integrity of the case needs to be upheld. As I mentioned previously, I'm surprised there have been no apparent leaks or am I just uninformed? An aspect I am thinking about is the financial costs of two criminal cases in the same family. Both defendants will need substantial funds for their respective lawyers hired to defend them. Now that $600,000 of an insurance payout on Jason's policy is being safeguarded by the estate through court order, where will MM & TM get money from?

My big question is: Where is Sharon Martens???

:waiting::websleuther::waiting:

That is an excellent question wildbeest-how could you see what was done to Jason & not be horrified? Where was she before, during & after the murder was committed? How does one numb themselves and proceed as though nothing unusual occured? Imo it takes a stone cold person.

I pray to God she got the children out of there...

I can't imagine what J & S went through in the immediate aftermath. You learn your father is dead, there are police inside & outside your home and with much confusion you are being shuttied to another location Thankfully professional help was sought out for J & S,

Just came across this info re Judge Brian Shipwash - http://www.brianshipwash.com/projects.html

Interesting to note that the judge the defense are trying to get removed, seems to be actively engaged with the issue of domestic violence in Davidson County. One could presume if he is actively pioneering system reform on the issue, he would certainly be engaged with the issue in relation to any cases which come before him.

He is not a judge...He is Clerk of Superior Court.

My big question is: Where is Sharon Martens???

:waiting::websleuther::waiting:
It is indeed a very big question.
Sharon was one of three adults in the murder house.
We have no idea whether she instigated the attack, participated fully or merely slept throughout the entire attack.
I wonder why?
her non appearance at any of the hearings belies her full support of her daughter's relentless and brutal facebook campaign.

Actually Brian Shipwash is a judge serving as Clerk of the Court. If you go to his website it describes his duties & responsibilities. WWWBrianShipwash.com Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Could you tell me where to find information about SM's absence from criminal court hearings for husband Thomas & Molly Martens ? Tia

Fido so many excellent questions in your post. We will learn more as this case progresses. Of course I wish as do many others (especially Jason's family, friends & supporters) that more info could be released; however the integrity of the case needs to be upheld. As I mentioned previously, I'm surprised there have been no apparent leaks or am I just uninformed? An aspect I am thinking about is the financial costs of two criminal cases in the same family. Both defendants will need substantial funds for their respective lawyers hired to defend them. Now that $600,000 of an insurance payout on Jason's policy is being safeguarded by the estate through court order, where will MM & TM get money from?
Why do people think the Martens are broke?

It's more like as Clerk he serves as judge of probate and some special proceedings...
http://www.nccourts.org/Courts/OCO/Clerk/ ...

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I did note he has alot of responsibilities that pertain to his job description. I'm new @ sleuthing-I have been lurking since the Scott Peterson case. I'm appreciative of any assistance in navigating this case.tia

Why do people think the Martens are broke?

I don't think they are broke now, though they may well be after all the legal fees have been paid. A murder trial is an expensive business. But I have no reason to think they are not comfortably off, though I have seen other posters speculate that Jason was their cash cow.

Do you have info about their financial status that could enlighten me? Thomas Martens is no longer employed at his previous position as a counter intelligence officer. Molly Martens is no longer employed as a saleswoman @ Chico's. How much money was taken from the joint account of Molly & Jason after he died? Did I read incorrectly that cash was paid for the home in North Carolina? Pl

Do you have info about their financial status that could enlighten me? Thomas Martens is no longer employed at his previous position as a counter intelligence officer. Molly Martens is no longer employed as a saleswoman @ Chico's. How much money was taken from the joint account of Molly & Jason after he died? Did I read incorrectly that cash was paid for the home in North Carolina? Pl
It was posted that Jason paid cash for his house, but the poster added no link to how and where this "information" was obtained, so I would take it with a pinch of salt.

I don't have specific info but both Thomas & Sharon were career long govt workers so I bet they were at the top of their pay grades ... Now retired they are receiving pensions...not to mention a nest egg (retirement savings)... My assumption would be on the comfortable side of things not that this trial might cost it all...I suspect Molly has a trust fund... In his ruling that was just stayed, Shipwash questioned Molly about 3 transfers made by Jason just before moving to the US and getting married...one was $340k for payment of the home, another 50k was to TM that was explained for wedding expenses, and $80k went to Molly that was unexplained...I suggested it might be payment to Molly for four years of nanny duties...but whatever the case, I'm sure there were tax considerations?..IDK how much she transferred out of their joint account after JCs death...

It was posted that Jason paid cash for his house, but the poster added no link to how and where this "information" was obtained, so I would take it with a pinch of salt.

http://evoke.ie/news/jason-corbett-wasnt-ready-to-marry-claims-best-friend

The move saw Jason buy a luxury house in the sought-after Meadowlands area of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The development boasts an 18-hole Hale Irwin designed golf course, clubhouse, pool, tennis courts, playgrounds and parks, as well as more than 40 acres of natural area. The Corbetts’ 2,545-sq-ft house, set on 0.58 acres of land, was paid for in cash. Its estimated value is $350,000 (€312,000).

http://evoke.ie/news/jason-corbett-wasnt-ready-to-marry-claims-best-friend

The move saw Jason buy a luxury house in the sought-after Meadowlands area of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The development boasts an 18-hole Hale Irwin designed golf course, clubhouse, pool, tennis courts, playgrounds and parks, as well as more than 40 acres of natural area. The Corbetts’ 2,545-sq-ft house, set on 0.58 acres of land, was paid for in cash. Its estimated value is $350,000 (€312,000).

Not to be a pest, I'm looking for info/verification of SM's absence from court hearings in this case. I can't fathom being in my sixties going along with day to day living & next thing I know my husband & daughter are charged with murder of my son-in-law. My life has become Topsy turvy, future plans for retirement have been destroyed. I can no longer see J & S. Where does my life go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne