GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The paving stone also shows that the Martens are lying in their account of how this killing took place. TM says JC was choking MM and he used the bat to intervene. They imply he hit JC just enough times to stop him, and oops, JC was dead.

But MM could not have simultaneously been hitting JC with the brick. By their story she was intially being "choked." When she got free...she jwouod have also been in the range of that swinging bat...she could not have gotten close enough to hit JC with the brick when her father was slamming him with a bat.

So this murder had two parts...first bat...then brick. It was not a "stop him and oops." The Martens are lying about that. It was an execution in two parts.

I find it very strange that there is no mention of the brick in the 911 call. No mention of the threat that TM felt, no mention that Molly had needed to help subdue Jason. If I was the 911 operator instructing rapid response, I would not have believed the assault was as serious as it ultimately was. I believe in stressful situations such as this it is more common to provide too much information rather than too little. IMO

If Jason was standing and still strong enough to "turn"...he would have grabbed the bat and disarmed TM. They can't use his size and strength only in arguments that favor them. There are too many injuries to Jason to believe that they all occurred to a healthy, equal "opponent."

But I agree that we may well be jurors who want to set MM out among the public again. They want her around children. Maybe they even want Jason's children returned to live alone in her house with her.

I was very close to a case once where public opinion was strongly divided. The central figure in this case had the sympathy of every news media...what a narrative they wove! Oh, the virtue-signaling! One year later, she set fire to an apartment with her children in it. She got off with a wrist slap,..such a tragic heroine. Two years later, she murdered her boyfriend of the moment.

Her once adoring advocates have now gone silent. The danger she posed was all there to see all along...but they refused and now a man is dead.

If MM goes free, what will her future exploits bring?

To all those who may fear that MM, if acquitted, would get custody of the children, and any followers of MM who may be trolling this forum, let me reassure you there is absolutely zero chance of that happening. Even if Jason had died of natural causes, the fact that MM did not legally adopt them and is not a blood relative would mean any custody claim would fail in the Irish courts.

There is no mention of the brick because TM is focused on entirely shielding MM.

Sharon Martens part in this drama is also extremely strange. Let's remember that TM is awakening by this "donnybrook" that sounds so serious that he grabs a bat to arm himself before going upstairs. Add to this, the claim that they feared Jason was already a murderer of his first wife.

So what does Sharon do? She just stays in bed? She doesnt call 911? She doesn't rush to also save her daughter and help her husband stop this "murderer" who is at it again?

Really?

And if TM could hear the struggle...she could hear the murder of her son-in-law ensuing. But it's left to TM to finish the job, get the phone and call police?

Where was Sharon? Why didn't she call the police while any of this "donnybrook" was going on...because it was going to result in SOMEBODY being hurt.

The only reason she would not call or even go upstairs herself... is that she assumed they were just dealing with another of her daughter's rages. This was to be kept in the family so the FB perfection of the Martens family could be maintained. In my opinion anyway.

There is no mention of the brick because TM is focused on entirely shielding MM.

Sharon Martens part in this drama is also extremely strange. Let's remember that TM is awakening by this "donnybrook" that sounds so serious that he grabs a bat to arm himself before going upstairs. Add to this, the claim that they feared Jason was already a murderer of his first wife.

So what does Sharon do? She just stays in bed? She doesnt call 911? She doesn't rush to also save her daughter and help her husband stop this "murderer" who is at it again?

Really?

And if TM could hear the struggle...she could hear the murder of her son-in-law ensuing. But it's left to TM to finish the job, get the phone and call police?

Where was Sharon? Why didn't she call the police while any of this "donnybrook" was going on...because it was going to result in SOMEBODY being hurt.

The only reason she would not call or even go upstairs herself... is that she assumed they were just dealing with another of her daughter's rages. This was to be kept in the family so the FB perfection of the Martens family could be maintained. In my opinion anyway.

Lets presume Sharon didn't hear anything. The children weren't awakened either. Lets presume Jason was not the only person in that household drugged that night. No one would think to blood test the kids or SM. Lets presume there wasn't any phone call to the Martens that day, that it was all prearranged with MM & TM before they left the previous Wednesday. Lets not forget TM's financial difficulties. Maybe, Jason being permanently out of the picture was a win for all the Martens. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets presume Sharon didn't hear anything. The children weren't awakened either. Lets presume Jason was not the only person in that household drugged that night. No one would think to blood test the kids or SM. Lets presume there wasn't any phone call to the Martens that day, that it was all prearranged with MM & TM before they left the previous Wednesday. Lets not forget TM's financial difficulties. Maybe, Jason being permanently out of the picture was a win for all the Martens. IMO

Wow! That is certainly a distinct possibility. There have been many scenarios suggested on this forum over the past few years, and this is certainly a plausible one. In fact, the least likely scenarios, IMO, appear to be the ones put forward by the defendants!

To all those who may fear that MM, if acquitted, would get custody of the children, and any followers of MM who may be trolling this forum, let me reassure you there is absolutely zero chance of that happening. Even if Jason had died of natural causes, the fact that MM did not legally adopt them and is not a blood relative would mean any custody claim would fail in the Irish courts.

Thanks for this

It would be very interesting if there was history of previous drugging by Molly to anybody that was known about . Your scenario is very plausible.

Totally agree custody is done and dusted ,
The kids are home in ireland and thats where they are staying .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Look at the December 27, 2015 post on MM's FB. Anybody think she will come to court presenting herself as she did to the vulnerable young widower?

Totally agree custody is done and dusted ,
The kids are home in ireland and thats where they are staying .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not just that - because you will always get a laywer to help you throw your money in their direction - but having studied Irish family law as part of degree, I don't believe there is any legal precedent for an Irish court to grant custody of children, who are Irish citizens, to someone who is neither a blood relative, nor a named legal guardian in a will, nor their adoptive parent. In such cases, IMO, a stepmother (who is not an adoptive parent) would be considered to have no more rights, than say, a family friend. In addition, if the petitioner for custody is not resident in Ireland, the courts would not hand over Irish minors to someone who would take them outside the jurisdiction, where the courts could not be satisfied as to their continued welfare, IMO.

Not just that - because you will always get a laywer to help you throw your money in their direction - but having studied Irish family law as part of degree, I don't believe there is any legal precedent for an Irish court to grant custody of children, who are Irish citizens, to someone who is neither a blood relative, nor a named legal guardian in a will, nor their adoptive parent. In such cases, IMO, a stepmother (who is not an adoptive parent) would be considered to have no more rights, than say, a family friend. In addition, if the petitioner for custody is not resident in Ireland, the courts would not hand over Irish minors to someone who would take them outside the jurisdiction, where the courts could not be satisfied as to their continued welfare, IMO.

These kids have such a long road ahead of them in dealing with everything they have been through. At least this is one worry less for the Lynchs as they face the upcoming trial. It is the good thing about the courts on both sides, it appears they have put the longterm welfare of the children to the fore in any decisions thus far, and from your expertise they will continue to do so which is a relief for all involved I'm sure.

Look at the December 27, 2015 post on MM's FB. Anybody think she will come to court presenting herself as she did to the vulnerable young widower?
Why did the nannies, who worked for Jason before Molly, quit?

Why did the nannies, who worked for Jason before Molly, quit?

Gee, , I don't know. But none of them were so traumatized by their time with Jason that they had to self publish a book to heal.

And who says they all "quit?"" There's no evidence of that...did I miss it? They may have been fired or only hired for a short stint, or Jason may have tried to just use the nursery that the children's Mother Mags had started. Do you have a link that says otherwise?

Gee, , I don't know. But none of them were so traumatized by their time with Jason that they had to self publish a book to heal.

And who says they all "quit?"" There's no evidence of that...did I miss it? They may have been fired or only hired for a short stint, or Jason may have tried to just use the nursery that the children's Mother Mags had started. Do you have a link that says otherwise?
I guess they didn't quit. Just curious as to why they didn't work out or last at the job longer?

I guess they didn't quit. Just curious as to why they didn't work out or last at the job longer?

I think it's quite common when recruiting an au pair/live in nanny to go through a few initially to find the right fit. Add to that the fact that Jason had been off for so long looking after the kids himself since Mags had died, I'm sure he must have found it difficult initially to trust anyone new with them. He would also have had pretty high standards given that Mags was trained in childcare...all of these things I imagine would have contributed to the number who didn't work out.

These kids have such a long road ahead of them in dealing with everything they have been through. At least this is one worry less for the Lynchs as they face the upcoming trial. It is the good thing about the courts on both sides, it appears they have put the longterm welfare of the children to the fore in any decisions thus far, and from your expertise they will continue to do so which is a relief for all involved I'm sure.

Nobody wants these children to suffer any longer. But I doubt the jury is going to find the Martens guilty just for their sake. IMO maybe it's time to make a deal while it's still possible. I also don't think anyone is trying to get the children back here. They are Irish Citizens and that is widely accepted.

Have you ever hired a nanny yourself? There is probably no job more difficult than finding the right nanny for your children. They have to be responsible for the most precious things in your life...your children! They need to have a parenting style that matches your own. They need to see their responsibilities in tandem with the way you see them, or it doesn't work.

This is not a few hours one night...a babysitter. This is a substitute for a parent! After a few nanny tries, my granddaughter is living with me until her Mother finishes her MD residency.

Jason is a victim, heinously beaten to death in his own bedroom. Are we sleuthing him now?

The Timeline in post 449 on this thread posted by Fairness71 describes the previous childminders as Au Pairs. In my experience, Au Pairs generally stay with a host family for 6 months to a year.

This is why I was curious about whether Molly was an Au Pair or a Nanny. If I was looking for a permanent nanny post, I would not take one with a family that had already gone through three nannies in a short space of time, it would be a red flag for me. On the other hand, it is pretty much the norm with au pairs.

It would be interesting to hear from them, though.

Have you ever hired a nanny yourself? There is probably no job more difficult than finding the right nanny for your children. They have to be responsible for the most precious things in your life...your children! They need to have a parenting style that matches your own. They need to see their responsibilities in tandem with the way you see them, or it doesn't work.

This is not a few hours one night...a babysitter. This is a substitute for a parent! After a few nanny tries, my granddaughter is living with me until her Mother finishes her MD residency.

Jason is a victim, heinously beaten to death in his own bedroom. Are we sleuthing him now?

These childminders, including Molly, were hired as Au Pairs. Au Pairs are not intended in any way to be a substitute for a parent, nor are they expected to be nannies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw