GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets presume Sharon didn't hear anything. The children weren't awakened either. Lets presume Jason was not the only person in that household drugged that night. No one would think to blood test the kids or SM. Lets presume there wasn't any phone call to the Martens that day, that it was all prearranged with MM & TM before they left the previous Wednesday. Lets not forget TM's financial difficulties. Maybe, Jason being permanently out of the picture was a win for all the Martens. IMO

You can't make up Molly drugging anyone in the house without evidence. If Jason had Rx for the drugs in his system, it won't be held against him. If he didn't have Rx, it doesn't mean Molly drugged him. Rather, it means he was taking drugs not prescribed for him, and that is illegal. There may be a wink-wink exception for married couples but IDK for sure. This constant attribution of all things negative towards Molly is tiresome and if I was on the jury I would think it biased and unfair and hateful. IMO

Nobody wants these children to suffer any longer. But I doubt the jury is going to find the Martens guilty just for their sake. IMO maybe it's time to make a deal while it's still possible. I also don't think anyone is trying to get the children back here. They are Irish Citizens and that is widely accepted.

I think that Molly's appeals to the supreme court would contradict that statement, but nevertheless, my point was simply in reference to the children rather than the trial. The children have suffered the most, they will spend the rest of their lives trying to come to terms with what they have lived through and the fallout of all of this legal wrangling. It is a comfort to know that they will not be subject to a ping pong of court cases regarding their custody on top of everything else. To me the children's well being and the criminal case are two distinct things, with the safety and security of the children being paramount to any guilty verdict.

I think that Molly's appeals to the supreme court would contradict that statement, but nevertheless, my point was simply in reference to the children rather than the trial. The children have suffered the most, they will spend the rest of their lives trying to come to terms with what they have lived through and the fallout of all of this legal wrangling. It is a comfort to know that they will not be subject to a ping pong of court cases regarding their custody on top of everything else. To me the children's well being and the criminal case are two distinct things, with the safety and security of the children being paramount to any guilty verdict.

Asserting that she is a continuing legal and lethal threat to those children is a bit of a stretch IMO.

You can't make up Molly drugging anyone in the house without evidence. If Jason had Rx for the drugs in his system, it won't be held against him. If he didn't have Rx, it doesn't mean Molly drugged him. Rather, it means he was taking drugs not prescribed for him, and that is illegal. There may be a wink-wink exception for married couples but IDK for sure. This constant attribution of all things negative towards Molly is tiresome and if I was on the jury I would think it biased and unfair and hateful. IMO

We can't assume Molly drugged Jason, equally we can't assume that Jason willingly took someone else's prescription. We don't have enough information or evidence to prove either of these scenarios IMO.

Asserting that she is a continuing legal and lethal threat to those children is a bit of a stretch IMO.

Molly's spokesperson has publicly stated that they will do everything within their power to be reunited with the children - http://www.thejournal.ie/molly-martens-corbett-children-2301841-Aug2015/

If I was their guardian I would be incredibly relieved to know that she has exhausted all legal routes to regain access to the children, and glad that I could finally focus my attention to helping them heal.

We can't assume Molly drugged Jason, equally we can't assume that Jason willingly took someone else's prescription. We don't have enough information or evidence to prove either of these scenarios IMO.
Yes, you can assume that if he doesn't have an Rx for the drug that it is in his body illegally. That would be fact.

Molly's spokesperson has publicly stated that they will do everything within their power to be reunited with the children - http://www.thejournal.ie/molly-martens-corbett-children-2301841-Aug2015/

If I was their guardian I would be incredibly relieved to know that she has exhausted all legal routes to regain access to the children, and glad that I could finally focus my attention to helping them heal.

That was then, this is now. There are international implications here. She must know by now, she has no claim to them and never will. IMO

How do we know they quit?

I can't remember where I read it as it's been nearly two years but the au pair/nanny/housekeeper/employee (think that covers everything) prior to MM had to leave her position & return home as there was a death in her family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you ever hired a nanny yourself? There is probably no job more difficult than finding the right nanny for your children. They have to be responsible for the most precious things in your life...your children! They need to have a parenting style that matches your own. They need to see their responsibilities in tandem with the way you see them, or it doesn't work.

This is not a few hours one night...a babysitter. This is a substitute for a parent! After a few nanny tries, my granddaughter is living with me until her Mother finishes her MD residency.

Jason is a victim, heinously beaten to death in his own bedroom. Are we sleuthing him now?

Nope never hired a Nanny. Never had enough money. But, I was one for a summer, and of course, my little charge was upset when I went back to school in the fall. I don't think at the time I would have been willing to be a Nanny for a widower because I would be afraid he would want sex with me. Or worse - that he was advertising for a Nanny when in reality he was actually looking for a wife. IMO

Just another scenario IMO. What if MM had a plan to leave Jason and get the kids. But what if she had an inkling Jason was going to leave first before she could set her plan in motion. Maybe she overheard Jason confide in his twin the previous few days. What if she then confided in her mother who is also bipolar (& might or might not be unstable) apple - tree. What if they hatched the plan as Seecu didn't want to lose those kids & deal with MM either. What if TM walked in on SM & MM battering Jason. What if TM had to finish the job, get his prints on a weapon. He now has to cover for his wife & daughter. Why is SM being hid away? Is she the loose canon? She might not have the acting skills of her daughter. Did she need 10 hours to get herself together to ring Jason's family & literally hang up instantly. What is SM part in all this? IMO

I can't remember where I read it as it's been nearly two years but the au pair/nanny/housekeeper/employee (think that covers everything) prior to MM had to leave her position & return home as there was a death in her family.

Thank you for clarifying. IMO I doubt Jason advertised for Bi Polar homicidal murderer for a nanny / aupair in his ad. So I assume MM took the job under false pretences and didn't fully disclose the seriousness of her illness as described in Keiths book or else she wouldn't have been hired

"Or worse - that he was advertising for a Nanny when in reality he was actually looking for a wife. "IMO[/QUOTE]

From what we know of Jason, he wasn't looking for a wife. And he wouldn't need to advertise for one either. What we definitely know is, he wasn't advertising for a Murderer!

These childminders, including Molly, were hired as Au Pairs. Au Pairs are not intended in any way to be a substitute for a parent, nor are they expected to be nannies.

Several of my friends use au pair services and in theory you are correct...it is different from a nanny....and the stint us short and the rules about time off etc are clear. Some of the girls enjoy the experience of living in another country and then travel a bit before they head home.

My larger point is the difficulty of hiring someone that is a "fit" for ones family. Even with nannies, that can sometimes take a few misses.

In an effort to move forward . Do we have any idea who may be called as witnesses from both sides ?

If he has drugs not prescribed to him in his system, the jury can choose between either explanation. But if Iwere on the jury...after reading the autopsy, I would lean toward Molly drugging him as an explanation for why neither she nor her Father had any injuries from this fatal "donnybrook" with a much bigger man.

Please tone down the snark in this thread and post respectfully or you'll find yourself on the outside for a bit looking in.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member