GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everybody
I have been reading posts past day or so. Lots of it was previously discussed.
Moving forward and in view of forthcoming trial would it not be more relevant to discuss the charges as per NC laws and statutes, means a bit of work, we did some of this in the past but either the subject became derailed or was incomplete for some other reason. Its long and its complex. The other matter that is worth exploring again is the autopsy.

Much of this will come down to the time of death or its closest approximate that can be established from the condition of his body on examination and cross examination.

If its a thing that he died a considerable time prior to the call to the emergency departments, is there a gap.. how long.. what could have happened in that time-frame?

Theres lots that can be researched from reputable forensic sources- peer reviewed and cited that can tell a lot.
e.g. bones https://anthropology.si.edu/writteninbone/comic/activity/pdf/Evidence_of_trauma.pdf
this is basic but if you scan it, you will see that wounds and bones change post mortem, peri -mortem and peri-mortem.
Wounds ditto. Clotting mechanisms ditto and rate of clotting. type of blood, arterial or venous.. where blood was pooled in relation to the body.
Theres no point in having this discussion if we're not gonna stick with it, ditto legalities.
The autopsy gives us the bare bones of the findings. It did not answer all questions or provide estimates.
Nor did it tell us which was the fatal blow or the order of the blows and the likely state of the victim when the blows were perpetrated.
Great posts from you Truthalways.. you have really put in amazing work here. Fairness, your approach is a breath of fresh air.. thanks to you both for inspiring me to do some additional work here.
So shall we commence and take the autopsy line by line and then check what the variables may be or does somebody want to run with the legals? we can run both concurrently, just to remember NC law is unique and general laws will not apply.
Again, repetition is, I know soul destroying and tedious but I see no other way to move forward with this, at this point?
Il go with autopsy. Have medical experience that will help a little.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Yes, but it would not be a fact to state that he was the one who ingested the drug.

Yes, I think that would have to be the assumption. Because you can't just assume it was anyone else's doing but his own. Without evidence to back it up, it's Jason's doing. And I looked into this some more and Jason probably should not have been taking this drug with his heart condition, but neither should have Molly, she being bipolar. So, I wonder how this drug might play into this and why it was in his body, and the place I think to look is the Men's Locker Room at the Country Club. IMO

Il go with autopsy. Have medical experience that will help a little.

Me too.. so if we put it up line by line or paragraph by paragraph, and analyse each part, step by step? You think? Stephen, you are good at layouts, do you feel like doing this right now or at some point? do you remember we had at one stage a map of the room, of the house, the basement in relation to the murder room? Far as I recall, floors were concrete so it was highly unlikely anything short of a foghorn would not easily have been heard in the basement from the murder room? (sorry for fuzziness here) mods, have you any suggestions for how we can create a coherent discussion with maps or would you recommend a specific thread.. I remember some at the time, but its been ages..

Starting from the beginning of Autopsy.

WOUNDS.

Mechanism of Wounding:

The body absorbs the natural forces, like gravity ,movement, routine movements like sitting and walking by the resilience and elasticity of its soft tissues and rigid skeletal framework. wound is* due to the result forces which cross the limits of elasticity or resistance.

The following are the factors which influence the wounding mechanism:

The amount of force applied which depends on Mass of the Object and Square root of the velocity with which it is applied i.e. Force=1/2 M.V.2.
Eg.*When a cricket ball(200gm) is* pressed on the head it causes no damage however if the impact is at minimum velocity of 10m/sec it may end up in fracture. Hence apart from the mass*the Velocity is the factor which plays the major role.The transfer of the force through the body again a factor which contributes to the wounding power. If the wounding object pass through and through(eg. Perforating Bullet) the amount of damage is less as compared to a wounding object lodging inside the body(Explosive bullet).

The distribution of Force over the Surface of the body is another factor, larger the area of distribution lesser the damage smaller the area of distribution more the damage(eg.pointed* knife cause more damage than blunt weapon with equal amount of force).

The force acting on the surface of the body subjects the tissue to traction, shear and compression, hence the resultant damage depends not only on the type of the mechanical insult but also on the nature of the target tissue i.e Muscle,bone,hallow organ like intestine .etc.Another very important factor is the movement of the body in the direction of the Force which adds up to the wounding.

If the movement is towards the direction of the force the damage is least if against the direction of the force the damge is extensive.eg. Catching a cricket ball and moving the hands in the direction of the force will cause least damage than the contrary movment of the hand.

NOTE*** LAST PARAGRAPH

Jason's wounds would be considered extensive due to their nature. Especially the skull fractures. Suggesting from this that he was moving against the direction of the force .

His most serious fractures were to the top and base of the skull.

"Extensive skull fractures with hinge fracture of skull base."

Legally, injuries are classified into; (1)*Simple, and (2)*Grievous.

Others:Self inflicted Injuries.Defense Injuries.Offensive Injuries.Unintentional Injuries.Fatal and NonFatal Injuries.

yep.. perfect..but if we start at beginning of autopsy, whats the first thing it says and how many variables exist from forensics?we need the autopsy in sections and discuss each paragraph with ref to peer reviewed forensics.. make a list(s) of what we do not know but pathologist does? what do you think of that idea? We dont have photos so we dont have blood spatter evidence or even any conclusive notion of where he was, supine or standing when the first blow occurred or whether the first blow was the fatal blow? what do you reckn?

LACERATIONS - Jason autopsy

"A laceration is a wound in which the tissues are torn due to blunt force to the body. They are also called tears or ruptures."

JC Autopsy,

" On the
right parietal scalp is a 3 1/2 x 2 5/8" coarsely stellate, complex, branched, full-thickness, laceration
with partial avulsion."

NOTE*****The term AVULSION describing one of Jason's wounds above

"Avulsions: Grinding compression by a weight such as lorry wheel passing over a limb or trunk may produce separation of the skin from the underlying tissues (avulsion) and crush the underlying muscles".

This injury to the right side of Jason's head was caused with the force equal to that of the weight of a lorry might have done to his head.

Imagine the excruciating pain this man suffered its unimaginable to think this was just ONE of the injuries to his head.

Imo

yep.. perfect..but if we start at beginning of autopsy, whats the first thing it says and how many variables exist from forensics?we need the autopsy in sections and discuss each paragraph with ref to peer reviewed forensics.. make a list(s) of what we do not know but pathologist does? what do you think of that idea? We dont have photos so we dont have blood spatter evidence or even any conclusive notion of where he was, supine or standing when the first blow occurred or whether the first blow was the fatal blow? what do you reckn?
Agreed.

yep.. again sounds like it came from a much heavier object than a child's bat.. theres also been lots of refs to other implement as brick, i think it was more like a heavy concrete slab.. weight to be determined, like velocity, but could cause such an avulsion if either dropped on a prone man from a height or propelled by awesome strength. the skull is a closed cavity.. there is no room for swelling in the brain.. in this case brain rupture occurred from the exterior

Blunt force trauma - chapter 10, hinge fractures.

Jason had 2 hugely significant head injuries Either of which could have been the "fatal" injury. 1. A laceration involving avulsion, a 2nd laceration involving patial avulsion 2. A hinge fracture

Looking at the hinge fracture in the paper I've linked in chapter 10 it notes that a hinge fracture is likely seen in a victim of a road traffic accident.

So in summarising the two injuries the laceration can be compared to driving a lorry over the area of injury and the hinge fracture too an injury seen as result of high velocity road traffic accident.

Im only starting to go back over autopsy and already can see the force used on JC was more than excessive. And if we are to look at the probability that either of these injuries were fatal, then presuming he didn't receive both injuries at the same time the first one of these injuries he recieved may well have been fatal.

What followed was the unnecessary overkill, takes the self defence theory off the table and there in lies the prosecution's argument that Jason was down with a fatal injury no harm to anyone when he recieved a second fatal injury to his skull, what injury came first? I suspect the coroner will reveal this in court.

https://books.google.ie/books?id=ke...ut hinge fractures blunt force trauma&f=false

The right frontal, bilateral parietal, left occipital, and left temporal scalp has confluent, pink
contusion/ecchymosis. On the right side of the forehead is a 1 x 1", raised, purple ecchymosis with
overlying 7/8 x 3/4", irregular, superficial, red-brown abrasion and 3/4", linear, superficial, red
abrasion. On the right temporal region is a 1 1/2 x 3/8", irregular, superficial, red abrasion. On the
right parietal scalp is a 3 1/2 x 2 5/8" coarsely stellate, complex, branched, full-thickness, laceration
with partial avulsion. The branches individually range from 1/2" to 2" in length. There is undermining
around the wound up to 1" in depth. The edges have abrasion and tissue bridging is evident. Skull
fractures are visible in the depths of the wound. Inferior to this wound, on the right parietal-occipital
scalp, is a 1 1/4", linear, vertically oriented, partial-thickness laceration with tissue bridging and
minimal undermining. On the right occipital scalp is a 1/4 x 3/16", irregular, superficial, red abrasion.
On the left frontal hairline is a 1", curvilinear, superficial, red abrasion with a background of pink
contusion. In the left frontal scalp is a 2", curvilinear, full-thickness laceration with two superficial,
1/2", jagged extensions; it has undermining of up to 1" on its lateral side. Just lateral to this full
thickness laceration is a 1/2" jagged, partial-thickness laceration. On the left parietal scalp is a 6 1/2 x
4" coarsely stellate, complex, branched, full-thickness laceration with partial avulsion. The branches
individually range from 3/4" to 2" in length. Anteriorly, it has is undermining to a length of 2";
posteriorly, there is undermining to a length of 1 7/8". The laceration has extensive tissue bridging. On
the left temporal scalp is a 2 1/4", curvilinear, full-thickness laceration with slight marginal abrasion
and with evident tissue bridging. It has inferior undermining to a depth of 3/4". On the left occipital

All my own thoughts and opinion

Yes, I think that would have to be the assumption. Because you can't just assume it was anyone else's doing but his own. Without evidence to back it up, it's Jason's doing. And I looked into this some more and Jason probably should not have been taking this drug with his heart condition, but neither should have Molly, she being bipolar. So, I wonder how this drug might play into this and why it was in his body, and the place I think to look is the Men's Locker Room at the Country Club. IMO

We will have to agree to disagree here I'm afraid. I think alot of people would be very cautious in taking someone else's prescription medication, particularly if they are currently on other medications of their own (either post surgery/heart related) I don't think an assumption one way or the other is an option in this instance. There is a drug in his system, hopefully it is his own, by Rx from a certified doctor. If not, I think it warrants investigating as to how that drug entered his system, particularly as the information we currently have to hand is that neither Molly or Tom sustained any injuries that night.

What makes you think the drug may have come from the locker in the country club?

Also, just to clarify, I think the significance of the drug is relevant only in terms of whether or not Jason would have been sedated/drowsy and therefore more prone to attack. I don't believe the level found would be enough to highlight an on-going drug problem/a drug-fuelled rage that may have preceded events that night. We currently have no evidence that Jason struggled with addiction issues and I think it is a leap to assume so.

yep.. again sounds like it came from a much heavier object than a child's bat.. theres also been lots of refs to other implement as brick, i think it was more like a heavy concrete slab.. weight to be determined, like velocity, but could cause such an avulsion if either dropped on a prone man from a height or propelled by awesome strength. the skull is a closed cavity.. there is no room for swelling in the brain.. in this case brain rupture occurred from the exterior

From this the suggestion that perigino gave of needing two hands to use the "landscaping stone" is very logical. The more details of the autopsy are discussed the more queasy I feel . It was truly cruel to inflict that much pain and suffering on another human . There is absolutely no doubt in my mind this was overkill . The audacity of Mm . What about when innocents read the autopsy? What about when they read the cruel words spoke about their dad ? What about the cruel words spoke about their real moms memory ? What about the pain caused to The Fitzpatrick family on the quest to justify overkill . What about the pain caused to Jason's poor family his elderly Mom and dad . Why is it only Mollys pain matters ? That her pain overrides everyone else's I feel when the severity of Jason's injuries are broken down in front of the jury they will be horrified and the weak victim saint molly persona Molly created is a facade
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4250.jpg
    IMG_4250.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4251.jpg
    IMG_4251.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 63
Just a short refresher of Keith Maginn's book.

On ph 29 of "Turning this Thing Around", Keith Maginn writes that Molly often spent "countless hours in bed, crying."
Then...
"Making matters worse, Molly had crippling migraines and suffered from insomnia, often going days without sleep."
He mentions that she was hypglemic which often made her faint...and had a large tumor on her foot.

Then he writes..."She had suffered from the ailments for YEARS."

( I add my opinion here...her parents have long known how chaotic and troubled their daughter truly is.)

On pg 31, he writes:
"Her self loathing was mind-boggling. Kay Redfield Jamison, an expert in maniac depression (and herself a manic-depressive) says in (her book) "An UnQuiet Mind"..."No amount of love can cure madness or unblacken one's dark moods. Love can help, it can make the pain more tolerable, but, always, one is beholden to medication that may, or may not always work and may or may not be tolerable."

("Beholden to medication")

On page 41, Maginn writes that he "could not believe trained doctors could allow one person to be on so many drugs at once. The drugs interacted dangerously and unpredictably."

On page 36, Keith Maginn writes this of Molly:

"I would head home from work every evening not knowing if we would be going to the emergency room that night, if Molly would be in bed knocked out by meds for a migraine or if she would be curled up on the bathroom floor, sobbing for hours. The stress was unbearable."

On pg 41, he speaks of Molly developing a painful uterine disease, because of YEARS of putting so many powerful narcotics in her body. He writes about how treating this infection or that infection that she developed would cause her other medications not to work:
"It was literally like someone flipped a light switch, a complete 180."

Yet in between she could be free-spirited and fun. She believed if he married her that would solve her mental problems. She believed having children would solve her mental problems. She would cry and threaten suicide if he left her. She would say he was the "only thing keeping her alive."

Maginn writes "Looking back, I can honestly say I did everything I could do for Molly."

I think if Jason had survived to leave her, he would have said the same.

From this the suggestion that perigino gave of needing two hands to use the "landscaping stone" is very logical. The more details of the autopsy are discussed the more queasy I feel . It was truly cruel to inflict that much pain and suffering on another human . There is absolutely no doubt in my mind this was overkill . The audacity of Mm . What about when innocents read the autopsy? What about when they read the cruel words spoke about their dad ? What about the cruel words spoke about their real moms memory ? What about the pain caused to The Fitzpatrick family on the quest to justify overkill . What about the pain caused to Jason's poor family his elderly Mom and dad . Why is it only Mollys pain matters ? That her pain overrides everyone else's I feel when the severity of Jason's injuries are broken down in front of the jury they will be horrified and the weak victim saint molly persona Molly created is a facade
attachment.php

If you read this as reflective language. It describes MM to a T 😊
Imagine living with this narrative every day. Poor man.
2a8dbea45ab7ee89366b4c1e720efdac.jpg

Maginn's book paints a picture of a pretty woman who could be fun-loving, "free-spirited", good with children...at least while her large concoction of medications were working and not cancelling out each other. But, without warning, she could be completely unable to function, awake all night for days, crying on the floor or in the bathtub, argumentative and hostile.

I think JC was lonely and was presented with the "pretty girl, free-spirited" and good with children. He became sexually involved with her and she seemed genuinely fond of his children. When the "other Molly" appeared, she played on the heartstrings of a man suffering himself from grief. In my opinion, their lives were a revolving set of Mollys moods. But honor, guilt about their sexual relationship, and her attachment to the children, made Jason keep believing that he could placate her and make her well.

Remember, she would tell Maginn that marriage would be the key.

So Jason married her and he gave in and moved to the States. I think the Martens were desperate for this marriage to work. I'm looking now through Maginn's book...but I can't find mention of her parents at that point in Mollys life. But it had been years of dealing with her chaos. Perhaps, they just needed someone else like Maginn to deal with her...but WOW! Jason was an amazing catch.

She could not even get through her wedding day without making a scene however. There was always the potential for a Molly uproar.

In my opinion, the Martens wanted her 4 hours away and they wanted her to remain Jason's problem. They could fool people pretending that she was the normal, suburban housewife...not the chaotic manic-depressive. I think this is a very proud family. I think they came running whenever her meds stopped working. Had she been days without sleep, combative, crying...when they were called that afternoon?

My thoughts after reading parts of this book again last night...is that the Martens family set a new low for selfishness and entitlement. FOr years and years they experienced their daughters extreme mood changes, struggles with medication. They witnessed the remains of their son-in-law, beaten to a pulp on the bedroom floor. And yet, within days, they were doing everything in their power, to put those innocent children in the sole care of that very sick daughter of theirs.

Tells me all I need to know about the Martens.

Maginn's book paints a picture of a pretty woman who could be fun-loving, "free-spirited", good with children...at least while her large concoction of medications were working and not cancelling out each other. But, without warning, she could be completely unable to function, awake all night for days, crying on the floor or in the bathtub, argumentative and hostile.

I think JC was lonely and was presented with the "pretty girl, free-spirited" and good with children. He became sexually involved with her and she seemed genuinely fond of his children. When the "other Molly" appeared, she played on the heartstrings of a man suffering himself from grief. In my opinion, their lives would be a revolving set of Mollys moods. But honor, guilt about their sexual relationship, and her attachment to the children, made Jason keep believing that her could placate her and make her well.

Remember, she would tell Maginn that marriage would be the key.

So Jason married her and he gave in and moved to the States. I think the Martens were desperate for this marriage to work. I'm looking now through Maginn's book...but I can't find mention of them at that point in Mollys life. But it had been years of dealing with her chaos. Perhaps, they just needed someone else like Maginn to deal with her...but WOW! Jason was an amazing catch.

She could not even get through her wedding day without making a scene however. There was always the potential for a Molly uproar.

In my opinion, they wanted her 4 hours away and they wanted her to remain Jason's problem. They could fool people that she was the normal, suburban housewife...not the chaotic manic-depressive. I think this is a very proud family. I think they came running whenever her meds stopped working. Had she been days without sleep, combative, crying...when they were called that afternoon?

My thoughts after reading parts of this book again last night...is that the Martens family set a new low for selfishness and entitlement. FOr years and years they experienced their daughters extreme mood changes, struggles with medication. They witnessed the remains of their son-in-law, beaten to a pulp on the bedroom floor. And yet, within days, they were doing everything in their power, to put those innocent children in the sole care of that very sick daughter of theirs.

Tells me all I need to know about the Martens.
Agree and KM is reliable in my opinion as he has nothing to win but more to lose.

But honor, guilt about their sexual relationship, and her attachment to the children, made Jason keep believing that he could placate her and make her well..
That's an interesting opinion - why would you think an adult unmarried man would feel guilt about a sexual relationship with another adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth