GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely no idea whatsoever.
It is however one of the many significant breaks in protocol evident in this case.
It is utterly bizarre, as is returning the children to their care instead of placing them in immediate protective custody.
http://www.wral.com/new-bern-woman-charged-after-husband-s-fatal-stabbing/16686118/

Just saw this, different case but she was arrested on open charge which presumably other 2 could have been.

They were at the scene of a murder with two weapons, dead victim, admitting they beat him ...
What am I missing here.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Hi, I have just noticed that a new account has a registered name of kitty the HAIR, That is NOT me and the 'coincidence' is of some concern to me. I am kitty the hare. A hare is a wild animal lovely little creature. I wonder at why such a 'coincidence' may have arisen. One of us must change names or one of us must leave.
Sorry i have this account since 2016 just reactivated it today,
I dont know how or why we both have the same username but i will delete my one and make a new acc .
Sorry for any inconvienience caused.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

http://www.wral.com/new-bern-woman-charged-after-husband-s-fatal-stabbing/16686118/

Just saw this, different case but she was arrested on open charge which presumably other 2 could have been.

They were at the scene of a murder with two weapons, dead victim, admitting they beat him ...
What am I missing here.

I really have no idea.
Other significant question is whether police were wearing body-cams and whether they were switched on when they first entered the house? (NC has subsequently prohibited public viewing of body cam footage, a law mired in great controversy) but this was after the event.
On same subject I saw (somewhere) that perpetrators had showered and changed clothes prior to police arrival, possibly prior to making emt call as well?
We do not know how much time had intervened since the actual murder and these events. Hopefully the forensic pathologist will be in a position to determine a time of death, whether it was instantaneous and the sequence of blows and whether they were inflicted pre or post mortem.
Perhaps we should look up police procedures in NC pertinent to protocols in the event of murder.
It may be something that can be used in the civil case if not the criminal case.
But it sure looks like an attempt to obstruct justice if the showering is in actual fact the truth.
An attempt from somebody who is a known LE officer well versed in procedures in a murder investigation which is the most basic of training.
It is my hope that the footage was recorded and is made available to the jury

What am I missing here.

Initially, it was widely put forward by MM supporters that the reason they weren't arrested was obvious, this was a cut & dry instance of self defense ('should they even be charged?!') I assumed that it was law enforcement being lenient with another member of the force, FBI and only remaining parent of two traumatised children, investigate first and then bring the charges.

It always struck me as odd that MM supporters have been so vocal at the ineptitude of the police, when from the outside looking in it appears that the Martens were afforded many luxuries not offered to most in similar circumstances - no immediate arrest, the children remained in their care, delayed unsealing of the indictments until after the Christmas holidays.

I really have no idea.
Other significant question is whether police were wearing body-cams and whether they were switched on when they first entered the house? (NC has subsequently prohibited public viewing of body cam footage, a law mired in great controversy) but this was after the event.
On same subject I saw (somewhere) that perpetrators had showered and changed clothes prior to police arrival, possibly prior to making emt call as well?
We do not know how much time had intervened since the actual murder and these events. Hopefully the forensic pathologist will be in a position to determine a time of death, whether it was instantaneous and the sequence of blows and whether they were inflicted pre or post mortem.
Perhaps we should look up police procedures in NC pertinent to protocols in the event of murder.
It may be something that can be used in the civil case if not the criminal case.
But it sure looks like an attempt to obstruct justice if the showering is in actual fact the truth.
An attempt from somebody who is a known LE officer well versed in procedures in a murder investigation which is the most basic of training.
It is my hope that the footage was recorded and is made available to the jury

We discussed the relevance of the clothing a couple of weeks ago. Do you have a link for the info on them showering? We couldn't find any MSM links regarding the clothing, other than the fact that both had clothing taken as evidence by detectives on the night.

Sorry to be gruesome, but if there was blood spatter & brain matter on the walls and floors then both TM & MM would also have been covered in spatter (and/or other things) If the noise in the background of the 911 call is indeed the kids, they would have seen Molly and TM covered in their fathers blood. I imagine Molly would have wanted to shower and change as quickly as possible so she could see the kids, however, to do that PRIOR to phoning emergency services would be insane IMO.

From this the suggestion that perigino gave of needing two hands to use the "landscaping 0stone" is very logical. The more details of the autopsy are discussed the more queasy I feel . It was truly cruel to inflict that much pain and suffering on another human . There is absolutely no doubt in my mind this was overkill . The audacity of Mm . What about when innocents read the autopsy? What about when they read the cruel words spoke about their dad ? What about the cruel words spoke about their real moms memory ? What about the pain caused to The Fitzpatrick family on the quest to justify overkill . What about the pain caused to Jason's poor family his elderly Mom and dad . Why is it only Mollys pain matters ? That her pain overrides everyone else's I feel when the severity of Jason's injuries are broken down in front of the jury they will be horrified and the weak victim saint molly persona Molly created is a facade
attachment.php

Can I ask when and where this was posted and by whom?

What am I missing here.

I think this small town police force was intimidated by TM's FBI credentials. I think he was calm and authoritative and they essentially let him run the show.

beating a man to death in such a fashion is the height of insanity, fighting for custody of the victim's children, ditto along with many of the post murder events. insanity prevails. I wont write a long gratuitous post espousing morality because this is not the time to do that.

If we are going to be of any use we need to adhere firmly to hard facts and documented evidence.
Gossip from catfights will not take us any further, they are not evidence.
The stake are too high here, Jason Corbett is dead. His killer(s) are still free 2 years later.
what are they charged with. ?
What evidence needs to be produced by the prosecution to make these charges stick?
What do we know of this evidence to date, bearing in mind we know very little at all, and I am so tired of comics being produced as evidence here.
Not a single reputable MSM has reported on this case, possibly with the exception of The irish Times early on.
Lets now work with factual acquisition only.

Can I ask when and where this was posted and by whom?

Hi Bernie, it was one of Molly's posts on FB, if you click onto the photo in Stephen's original post, there are actually two screenshots, it will give you the date Molly posted it there.

http://www.forensicpathologyonline.com/E-Book/injuries

Scene

An assault with a clubbing instrument may take place in almost any locality either in the outdoors or indoors. When it occurs indoors in a confined space, the injuries may be modified by the limitation of movement imposed upon the assailant. The amount of disorder at the scene will depend upon whether the victim was taken unawares and rendered unconscious i.e. incapable of defending himself or whether he has been able to make a determined effort to protect himself. In the letter case great disorder may be found. Of the findings at the scene of this kind the widespread distribution of blood in the forms of spurts, smears and pools is the most significant feature.

If only on blow has been struck, even though an extensive laceration has* been inflicted, no blood may be projected from the wound because the leading edge of the instrument as it strikes the body expels blood from the tissue beneath it. the instrument itself may not even be blood stained. Any subsequent blows will force blood under considerable pressure through the torn vessels in the wound previously inflicted and this blood may be projected many feet in all directions, striking the walls, furniture, ceiling and of course the assailant. At the scene one may find blood as spurts or projected droplets from arterial bleeding or repeated blows to the body. Smears may be found where the injured person has brushed against the wall or other object. After the first laceration has been inflicted, the striking edge for a considerable distance behind, above or to the side of the assailant depending upon how he is using the instrument. The examination of collections or pools of blood may reveal where the injured person was lying and distribution of blood upon the clothing will provide valuable information as to the position of body after the injuries were received.

Any weapon found at the scene must be handled with extreme care – it may have some blood or hair of the victim adherent to it and it may bear the fingerprints of the assailant. Such a print is of great importance that means the person whose blood stained fingerprint is present on the instrument, must have handled the weapon after the initial injury was inflicted.

I can't find the link but am I right in saying the baseball bat at the scene had hair and blood on it? If so according to this article it may provide the prosecution with fingerprint evidence of the last person in the room who showered the last blows to Jason.

http://www.forensicpathologyonline.com/E-Book/injuries

Scene

An assault with a clubbing instrument may take place in almost any locality either in the outdoors or indoors. When it occurs indoors in a confined space, the injuries may be modified by the limitation of movement imposed upon the assailant. The amount of disorder at the scene will depend upon whether the victim was taken unawares and rendered unconscious i.e. incapable of defending himself or whether he has been able to make a determined effort to protect himself. In the letter case great disorder may be found. Of the findings at the scene of this kind the widespread distribution of blood in the forms of spurts, smears and pools is the most significant feature.

If only on blow has been struck, even though an extensive laceration has* been inflicted, no blood may be projected from the wound because the leading edge of the instrument as it strikes the body expels blood from the tissue beneath it. the instrument itself may not even be blood stained. Any subsequent blows will force blood under considerable pressure through the torn vessels in the wound previously inflicted and this blood may be projected many feet in all directions, striking the walls, furniture, ceiling and of course the assailant. At the scene one may find blood as spurts or projected droplets from arterial bleeding or repeated blows to the body. Smears may be found where the injured person has brushed against the wall or other object. After the first laceration has been inflicted, the striking edge for a considerable distance behind, above or to the side of the assailant depending upon how he is using the instrument. The examination of collections or pools of blood may reveal where the injured person was lying and distribution of blood upon the clothing will provide valuable information as to the position of body after the injuries were received.

Any weapon found at the scene must be handled with extreme care – it may have some blood or hair of the victim adherent to it and it may bear the fingerprints of the assailant. Such a print is of great importance that means the person whose blood stained fingerprint is present on the instrument, must have handled the weapon after the initial injury was inflicted.

I can't find the link but am I right in saying the baseball bat at the scene had hair and blood on it? If so according to this article it may provide the prosecution with fingerprint evidence of the last person in the room who showered the last blows to Jason.

Diluted H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) will dissolve blood stains completely.
They had time, I fear

Really interesting info...thanks Truthalways!

In addition, a bat is not officially considered a
weapon; instead, it is a sport accessory
In addition, a bat is not officially considered a
weapon; instead, it is a sport accessory
Interesting that a bat is officially not considered a weapon but a sports accessory.
Thanks, the weight of a child's bat would be significantly less than that of an adults too so the force behind it would havd needed to have been even more fierce - more rage.

If you come across anything about the bat please post I can't find the info but I'm sure I read somewhere it was removed from scene with blood and hair found on it.

Thanks, the weight of a child's bat would be significantly less than that of an adults too so the focus behind it would havd needed to have been even more fierce - more rage.

If you come across anything about the bat please post I can't find the info but I'm sure I read somewhere it was removed from scene with blood and hair found on it.

But remember there was also the paving slab/rock/block thing which I think was a lot heavier.
I know we discussed the bat in the early days cos I remember needing a description and some exercises were carried out regarding velocity and weight.. I do not remember ever seeing a full description of the other implement, however.
Now FBI agents are issued with lifelong carry permits.
Did TM have his gun on the night in question and if so why did he choose a bat? Reaching for a gun would be more standard practice for a trained member that searching for a bat. A gun, if raised and pointed at a perp would have given the perp a chance to cease choking while chatting with TM, multitasking is admirable, but few will retain the skills with a gun pointed in their direction, they are more likely to stop what they are doing or alternatively attempt to carry on and die trying.
I do not recall seeing any documents stating he was or was not armed or whether anybody in the house had a carry permit or whether any guns were removed from the premises following the murder

I hope that our great sleuthers can find some "smoking gun" in the facts of the case that will be indisputable.

But we must remember that the jury will be presented with two sets of "facts." The defense will put up "experts" to present "facts" that counter the "facts" that the Prosecution presents. The jury essentially gets to decide which "facts" they wish to believe. Too often that decision is based on emotion.

Casey Anthony's acquittal was a shock to many...even more so when some jurors admitted they didn't like the prosecutor but did like the defense lawyer.

Unfortunately, the local media has not been "fair" in my opinion. In typical fashion, they have "selected" to run articles sympathetic to the Martens...but have not ever printed a story about the Maginn book...though they headlined the Wedding Warning lie. They have never retracted or updated the story. The potential jury pool has had only that source of info to date. The local media has chosen a pro Martens narrative IMO. It's not just what they print...it's what they don't print.

The prosecution will need to create their own emotional narrative to counteract Mollys. The jury needs to "feel" something for Jason as well.

I wish with all my heart that an impartial press made it easy to impanel jurors who decided cases on facts alone. I fear that rarely happens here anymore.

But remember there was also the paving slab/rock/block thing which I think was a lot heavier.
I know we discussed the bat in the early days cos I remember needing a description and some exercises were carried out regarding velocity and weight.. I do not remember ever seeing a full description of the other implement, however.
Now FBI agents are issued with lifelong carry permits.
Did TM have his gun on the night in question and if so why did he choose a bat? Reaching for a gun would be more standard practice for a trained member that searching for a bat. A gun, if raised and pointed at a perp would have given the perp a chance to cease choking while chatting with TM, multitasking is admirable, but few will retain the skills with a gun pointed in their direction, they are more likely to stop what they are doing or alternatively attempt to carry on and die trying.
I do not recall seeing any documents stating he was or was not armed or whether anybody in the house had a carry permit or whether any guns were removed from the premises following the murder

Is it possible that most of the injuries came from the paving stone? Could MM have bashed him in the back of the head as he slept?

We have only TM's word to believe that this started with a bat.

Those of you with some medical background, could that be a diversion? Could the two head wounds have come first...from the paving stone...as he slept in his bed?

I hope that our great sleuthers can find some "smoking gun" in the facts of the case that will be indisputable.

But we must remember that the jury will be presented with two sets of "facts." The defense will put up "experts" to present "facts" that counter the "facts" that the Prosecution presents. The jury essentially gets to decide which "facts" they wish to believe. Too often that decision is based on emotion.

Casey Anthony's acquittal was a shock to many...even more so when some jurors admitted they didn't like the prosecutor but did like the defense lawyer.

Unfortunately, the local media has not been "fair" in my opinion. In typical fashion, they have "selected" to run articles sympathetic to the Martens...but have not ever printed a story about the Maginn book...though they headlined the Wedding Warning lie. They have never retracted or updated the story. The potential jury pool has had only that source of info to date. The local media has chosen a pro Martens narrative IMO. It's not just what they print...it's what they don't print.

The prosecution will need to create their own emotional narrative to counteract Mollys. The jury needs to "feel" something for Jason as well.

I wish with all my heart that an impartial press made it easy to impanel jurors who decided cases on facts alone. I fear that rarely happens here anymore.

Good points,
However there are real facts.. the autopsy.
The tests carried out on his body, will not alter.
His injuries will not alter.
The condition of his body and the damage done to various organs as well as the pathological changes that occurred subsequent to the attack.
The autopsy concluded death was a homicide.
Nothing changes that.
The 'alternative facts' that will be produced to refute any of that will be to suggest he gained his injuries in some other way.. whatever..
The legal documents may be challenged but they represent factual acquisition, nontheless.

The officers sought and gained access to certain objects, locations.. That is standard practice. The evidence they submitted in order to gain warrants is still sound evidence until disproven, as opposed to hysterical lawyers grasping at straws suggesting otherwise to all and sundry.

I think its important that a member of family or prosecution or anyone at all inform whatever media failed to produce retractions that it is in violation of standards and protocols in journalism.
I agree emotion may inform aspects of the case but again they are in the eye of the beholder.
I saw an interview with Casey Anthony a week ago, on twitter..I was gobsmacked and you are right to throw in that word of warning and I agree with your closing remark, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3