GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm putting this out there because I am sure there will be many people watching this trial who will be of the same opinion (including some of the jurors IMO). Jason & Molly chose a lifestyle. It was obviously a lifestyle that Jason wanted for the kids given that he took so much time off work to look after them himself after the sudden loss of Mags. He wanted the best for his kids.

I think alot of families would relish the opportunity to have one of the parents stay at home, with all of the benefits that this affords, but are unable to do so because of financial constraints. Due to the darkest of circumstances, Jason was able to give this to his children. He provided this life for them.

For a couple to make life work with one earner and one homemaker is no mean feat, it requires an extraordinary partnership so that one person does not completely lose their identity and self to the rest of the family, and also so that the earner doesn't become isolated from the rest of the family and feel like an atm. It requires both partners to play their part in ensuring harmony in the home. This was the life that Jason & Molly chose.

I think many people who understand this will believe that Jason worked and Molly ran the home, they will understand the partnership involved there and they will admire the life that they created together. They will not understand the constant derision of Molly for her role in that, the constant put downs for her lack of monetary input into the relationship...that was not her role in this life. To disregard her life on this point is wrong IMO, as it is this point that puts forward the strongest argument for Molly to have acted in anger on the night in question over anything else.

We have heard from the warrants that Jason was worried about Molly's spending. If one side of the partnership fails, the whole thing falls apart, there is only so far one wage can stretch. The dynamic between her and the kids and the level of support they needed at home would have been changing, perhaps it was time Molly got a job while the kids were at school? This could have thrown her. From what we can understand, Molly has had no distinct career path prior to working for Jason. The prospect of having to try to succeed in the outside world once again may have scared her, unbalanced her even. Her entire world revolved around that life, the kids, the after school clubs, being the homemaker. Maybe Jason didn't even have to threaten to leave with the kids, maybe it was his suggestion that simply lives needed to change that pushed her over the edge? All IMO.

Here is the link to the property I mentioned https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1400-Meadowlands-Dr-Winston-Salem-NC-27107/83057413_zpid/

Also, I believe that the properties were built by Isenhour Homes, can't find an exact match to the property, found similar ones without the basement bit tho & the garage doors are at the front rather then the side. They do however show the master bedroom albeit with the bedroom at the back but the entire suite running from front to back of the property. The closest was the Bradley French design. The Cortney French Design was also similar but smaller. Both are built on flat land therefore no basement bit at the back. http://www.isenhourhomes.com/pilotFiles/propModelDocs/files/Bradley French Country TEMP.pdf

My instant observation based on the layout of the houses is that if there was someone screaming blue murder on an upper floor and two people in the basement, if one went to investigate, why didn't the other leave via the basement door and get help? Even if they didn't have access to a phone, they could have run to a neighbours and used theirs? There is no discernable reason for SM to have remained silently in the basement that night. The kids were in bed upstairs so she wasn't protecting them. What was she doing?

Don't you think it would be rather difficult to lie about the layout of the house to police who were in the house?

No I meant that they could have been sleeping upstairs but before the police were called, made their beds up, moved to the basement bedroom and messed up the beds to look as if they were sleeping there. That is if TM felt that there was an advantage in doing and saying that.

Kitty wrote a very moving post the other day about suddenly feeling her "Irishness." This morning, with the jury chosen,I'm starting to experience some of the same feelings..except, of course, I'm an American.

I feel a bit like someone who has invited special friends to her home, and only now, as they are about to arrive, do I start to be concerned about what they might see...the chips and the stains.

I have followed too many trials to know how easily and frustratingly, the flaws in our system become glaringly obvious. Please no chipping away st the integrity of the process. Please no belief in the stains on the memory of a good and decent man. Please no special deference because of nationality, hometown "good ole boys", or federal employ.

i hope our Irish friends will see American justice at its finest and fairest. I hope we Americans can take pride in the legal process when this heartbreaking trial is over.

As an Australian, I am particularly interested in this case as my daughter lives in Ireland and my son lives in the USA so I am often staying in those countries.

Yep I agree with Mary it's all about the windows - http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...t_Winston-Salem_NC_27107_M66309-62656#photo13

So going through the reel one by one - Photos relating to the Main Front Elevation : PIC 5 - Formal dining room, this photo relates to the slightly domed window to the right of the front door. PIC 8 & 9 are the Master Suite, these relate to the bay windows at the front of the house to the left of the front door. PIC 12, Upstairs Bedroom Two, this window sits directly above the formal dining room. PIC 13 - Attic Room, this single window sits above the garage on the right hand side.

Photos relating to PIC 14, the Rear Elevation : PIC 2 - Living Room/Sitting Room & PIC 3 Sitting Room/Living Room, these two pictures relate to the windows behind the decking either side of the stone chimney stack. PIC 7 - Informal dining space, is the bay windows at the back which onto the raised deck. PIC 10 - Main level guest bedroom, this is the window on the far left of the rear elevation.

Pic 3 & 4 the Kitchen - the kitchen is in the centre of the home with the formal dining room to the front, the informal dining room to the rear, the living room/sitting room to one side and the main level guest bedroom to the other. PIC 11 - Upstairs Bedroom One, this bedroom overlooks the house next door and so the windows are on a side elevation.

Hope that helps you to make a bit more sense of it Emma!

It has indeed! Although i am planning on blaming Friday brain rather than any misunderstanding of architecture...

All IMO

I'm putting this out there because I am sure there will be many people watching this trial who will be of the same opinion (including some of the jurors IMO). Jason & Molly chose a lifestyle. It was obviously a lifestyle that Jason wanted for the kids given that he took so much time off work to look after them himself after the sudden loss of Mags. He wanted the best for his kids.

I think alot of families would relish the opportunity to have one of the parents stay at home, with all of the benefits that this affords, but are unable to do so because of financial constraints. Due to the darkest of circumstances, Jason was able to give this to his children. He provided this life for them.

For a couple to make life work with one earner and one homemaker is no mean feat, it requires an extraordinary partnership so that one person does not completely lose their identity and self to the rest of the family, and also so that the earner doesn't become isolated from the rest of the family and feel like an atm. It requires both partners to play their part in ensuring harmony in the home. This was the life that Jason & Molly chose.

I think many people who understand this will believe that Jason worked and Molly ran the home, they will understand the partnership involved there and they will admire the life that they created together. They will not understand the constant derision of Molly for her role in that, the constant put downs for her lack of monetary input into the relationship...that was not her role in this life. To disregard her life on this point is wrong IMO, as it is this point that puts forward the strongest argument for Molly to have acted in anger on the night in question over anything else.

We have heard from the warrants that Jason was worried about Molly's spending. If one side of the partnership fails, the whole thing falls apart, there is only so far one wage can stretch. The dynamic between her and the kids and the level of support they needed at home would have been changing, perhaps it was time Molly got a job while the kids were at school? This could have thrown her. From what we can understand, Molly has had no distinct career path prior to working for Jason. The prospect of having to try to succeed in the outside world once again may have scared her, unbalanced her even. Her entire world revolved around that life, the kids, the after school clubs, being the homemaker. Maybe Jason didn't even have to threaten to leave with the kids, maybe it was his suggestion that simply lives needed to change that pushed her over the edge? All IMO.

I do agree that was the life they decided to make together, their bargain. The problem with being with a Narcissist as Molly appears to be, is that many of them are abusive, many of them are controlling, many of them are erratic, given to very dark angers and depressions, which only get worse as they get older. I believe for Jason the tipping point was when she became more outwardly abusive towards Jack. A lot of her posts were directed to Sarah, it was the little blond girl she wanted,, the one who had no memories of her deceased mother, the one who strangers might take for her biological daughter, not Jack. Many a parent will put up with an abusive partner, right up until that partner starts abusing the children, and I believe that's where Jason was at. Many Narcissists are also not good with curbing their impulses, including spending money, because of that mindset of "I want ...". That would be strain on any marriage also, but once she started showing abusive trends towards Jack, well, their bargain was broken. Sarah would have been next once she became old enough to rebel, and have her own opinions.

Jason had already purchased three tickets for Ireland, for he and the kids. Molly was not going on that trip. And perhaps he told her they weren't coming back and she went in to a rage? Perhaps she was just afraid they weren't coming back and raged? Outwardly Molly had a nice life, or a perceived nice life, but given her reportedly lifetime of erratic behaviours, emotional issues, narcissism, she will never actually be happy, or able to be contented and satisfied. Narcissists don't seem to be able to love, someone who loved those kids would have been worried sick that they were grieving over their father's murder, that they were able to close their eyes at night and sleep without seeing gruesome picture of their dead father. Molly was requested time and time again to send the children their personal belongings, the pictures and keepsakes of their mother and father, but she refused - said she would only send if she were able to speak with the children, she even refused a court order to do so. Is that the act of someone who loves those children? Wouldn't a mother, as heartbroken as she herself might be, do absolutely anything to soothe their child? Wouldn't a real mother had wanted her son adn daughter to have a couple changes of clothing and boots, and jackets for a colder Ireland? Yes, and that's just not who Molly is. Being in a relationship with a narcissistic abuser isn't like being in other relationships, cause at some point you have to run to save yourself and your children. And that's where I think Jason was at.

I agree, completely off topic but I am in the same situation living in a one-income home with a SAHP. I am in the opposite situation of JC in that I am the breadwinner and my husband stays home. This, financially, was the best decision for us. I would never rundown his contribution to our home and, he, likewise would not do the same. We value and appreciate what each of us do. My husband would never state that presents were from him only, we buy gifts together. He would never suggest that I am not a part of my child's life because i am working. I, likewise, would never run down what he does each and every day, he is a taxi driver, a counsellor, a coach, he sits for hours listening to conversations that range from wrestling to football to rugby and never gets bored, his day is every bit as hard and gruelling as mine.

JC and MM had a lifestyle that suited them until it didn't anymore. Whether this is due to MM reconnecting with an ex-boyfriend online or JC becoming concerned about her spending. The family unit as they know it was breaking down.

I do not look down at MM as being a SAHP, I do not put down the contribution that she made to the household. My issue is the opposite, that she is running down the contribution the JC made to the household. That she is minimising his input in the children's lives to suit her. That, to me, is abhorent.

I think the familty unit was failing and MM was aware that the only thing that she had succeeded in, the children, were slipping out of her grasp.

All IMO

I do agree that was the life they decided to make together, their bargain. The problem with being with a Narcissist as Molly appears to be, is that many of them are abusive, many of them are controlling, many of them are erratic, given to very dark angers and depressions, which only get worse as they get older. I believe for Jason the tipping point was when she became more outwardly abusive towards Jack. A lot of her posts were directed to Sarah, it was the little blond girl she wanted,, the one who had no memories of her deceased mother, the one who strangers might take for her biological daughter, not Jack. Many a parent will put up with an abusive partner, right up until that partner starts abusing the children, and I believe that's where Jason was at. Many Narcissists are also not good with curbing their impulses, including spending money, because of that mindset of "I want ...". That would be strain on any marriage also, but once she started showing abusive trends towards Jack, well, their bargain was broken. Sarah would have been next once she became old enough to rebel, and have her own opinions.

Jason had already purchased three tickets for Ireland, for he and the kids. Molly was not going on that trip. And perhaps he told her they weren't coming back and she went in to a rage? Perhaps she was just afraid they weren't coming back and raged? Outwardly Molly had a nice life, or a perceived nice life, but given her reportedly lifetime of erratic behaviours, emotional issues, narcissism, she will never actually be happy, or able to be contented and satisfied. Narcissists don't seem to be able to love, someone who loved those kids would have been worried sick that they were grieving over their father's murder, that they were able to close their eyes at night and sleep without seeing gruesome picture of their dead father. Molly was requested time and time again to send the children their personal belongings, the pictures and keepsakes of their mother and father, but she refused - said she would only send if she were able to speak with the children, she even refused a court order to do so. Is that the act of someone who loves those children? Wouldn't a mother, as heartbroken as she herself might be, do absolutely anything to soothe their child? Wouldn't a real mother had wanted her son adn daughter to have a couple changes of clothing and boots, and jackets for a colder Ireland? Yes, and that's just not who Molly is. Being in a relationship with a narcissistic abuser isn't like being in other relationships, cause at some point you have to run to save yourself and your children. And that's where I think Jason was at.
Courtney, are you sure the tickets had actually been purchased? My impression was that he had merely made inquiries about dates and times? Trying hard for accuracy at this stage.
The other thing thats bothering me a little is our frequent reference to narcissism.. I would like to point out that narcissism is a single symptom, a trait that is one of many common to far more serious conditions and psychoses.

I'm sure SM had a cell phone of her own. She could have called for help from that. I am sure there was a kitchen phone as well in a house that size. One in the MB and one in the kitchen at the least
Did the house have an alarm? She could have used to panic button to get help as well.

IMO if you had 'been told' by the father of your son-in-law's first wife that he had had some involvement in her death and you heard your daughter screaming; the first thing you would have done is to get your wife to call 911 as you headed upstairs just in case you could not stop the big, strong, raging man from hurting you and your daughter.

All IMO

I agree, completely off topic but I am in the same situation living in a one-income home with a SAHP. I am in the opposite situation of JC in that I am the breadwinner and my husband stays home. This, financially, was the best decision for us. I would never rundown his contribution to our home and, he, likewise would not do the same. We value and appreciate what each of us do. My husband would never state that presents were from him only, we buy gifts together. He would never suggest that I am not a part of my child's life because i am working. I, likewise, would never run down what he does each and every day, he is a taxi driver, a counsellor, a coach, he sits for hours listening to conversations that range from wrestling to football to rugby and never gets bored, his day is every bit as hard and gruelling as mine.

JC and MM had a lifestyle that suited them until it didn't anymore. Whether this is due to MM reconnecting with an ex-boyfriend online or JC becoming concerned about her spending. The family unit as they know it was breaking down.

I do not look down at MM as being a SAHP, I do not put down the contribution that she made to the household. My issue is the opposite, that she is running down the contribution the JC made to the household. That she is minimising his input in the children's lives to suit her. That, to me, is abhorent.

I think the familty unit was failing and MM was aware that the only thing that she had succeeded in, the children, were slipping out of her grasp.

All IMO

Great point, well made!

Robert Martens, Molly's brother, is the one the children were staying with after their father's murder. He was previous arrest for driving while impaired, and also child abuse because his children were in car at that time. This is the home Molly and Sharon visited every day even though Molly was "person of interest" till the Tracey and David Lynch were given custody. Both Sharon and Molly had plenty opportunity to coach these grieving scared shocked children. Uncle Mike and Molly tried to present a picture of two children who had already moved on from Jason's murder two weeks after the murder, which I find appalling and sickening. Also indicative of how little ability Martens and Earnest families have for emotional feelings, empathy, etc.

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/the-irish-mail-on-sunday/20150816/281633893972127/TextView

Robert Martens, Molly's brother, is the one the children were staying with after their father's murder. He was previous arrest for driving while impaired, and also child abuse because his children were in car at that time. This is the home Molly and Sharon visited every day even though Molly was "person of interest" till the Tracey and David Lynch were given custody. Both Sharon and Molly had plenty opportunity to coach these grieving scared shocked children. Uncle Mike and Molly tried to present a picture of two children who had already moved on from Jason's murder two weeks after the murder, which I find appalling and sickening. Also indicative of how little ability Martens and Earnest families have for emotional feelings, empathy, etc.

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/the-irish-mail-on-sunday/20150816/281633893972127/TextView

None of these links work for me! I think it was posted - probably on the 4th thread on the crimes in the news thread -<modsnip> I am more intrigued as to the fact that SM was present during the pre-handover meeting with the children.

SM had to be present when the children met with their uncle and aunt and SM was present when police officer thought the children had been coached prior to the Dragonfly House interviews.

All IMO

From your link...
Irish Mail on Sunday understands Mr Martens was alleged to be under the influence of alcohol and was driving with a child who was not wearing a safety belt. He is due in court in September. Mr Martens faces four charges, two of them serious misdemeanours: driving while impaired and child abuse, which is either inflicting or allowing physical injury to a child or creating a substantial risk of physical injury.

I think the fact that he tried to shield her until she killed a man is an indicator of his own decency. Have you read the entire book?

Although it is grim in its picture of life with MM cycling in and out of her bipolar states, it is very sympathetic to her struggles. He is horrified that her physicians would have her on so many different medications. He treats her mental suffering in a very sympathetic way. This is what makes the book so powerful.

You can see that Molly can be a loving joyful partner...you understand Jason's attraction to this creative, carefree girl. But when her illness strikes, she is the complete opposite...an insomniac, who rages and makes incessant demands, or completely inconsolable, crying in her bed for days. He tells of her almost paranoid behaviors in these periods where she believes she is ugly and despised by all. Most of what Maginn articulates is a loving frustration with his inability to help her.

I think that both Maginn and Jason believed that they could "love" Molly out of her illness. I think they were so fond of "good Molly" that they just waited through these cycles, hoping to see the woman they loved again once "bad Molly" subsided. I don't believe either blamed her but instead pitied her. That made it hard to leave,

But Jason had his children to consider. They were getting older. MM may have started to focus her paranoia in ways that Jason could not abide.

Agree 100%. Very reasonable and balanced view. I became interested in this case as I felt sorry for Molly initially - I thought OMG her dad kills her husband and because of that she loses the kids she has been raising for years. But as more details emerged I changed my mind. I felt the FB posts were a master class in manipulation and PR. They were OTT. Posted mainly for the benefit of the custody appeal and the jury in the in murder trial. The nonsense about the children excitedly preparing to return to school and picking our their lunches/boxes was deluded to say the least. 2 weeks after their beloved father was brutally murdered.. It reminded me of an Irish murder case where the murderer husband (appeared on a National Talk Show 2 weeks after the murder, and said his kids were initially upset but were now "over it". Total denial. Sharon Martens appeal to a US senator re custody, harping on about how the children had learned the national anthem and become immersed in American culture with a brief reference to their dad "passing away" - no ownership, no accountability and no acknowledgement of Jason's brutal death.

There are so many possibilities of ways she could have gotten help, why did she choose none of them?

On this point, and off this site, a friend and I tracked all their publicly available phone numbers on the wayback machine. we found and tracked all the calls they had made , the numbers they called, but not who they spoke to.
We grew highly excited.
Sadly our inexperience with the wayback machine and our lack of trust with it forced us to disregard our investigation.
Looking back, had we cleared our cookies, it might have been a far more useful exercise- this because when I put in my own phone number subsequently it showed i had made the same calls on the same night.
I am not putting the info out here now.. but if somebody with good experience and competence wit wayback machine wants to give it a shot, I think you will be pretty amazed at what you will discover!
Just sayin'

Agree 100%. Very reasonable and balanced view. I became interested in this case as I felt sorry for Molly initially - I thought OMG her dad kills her husband and because of that she loses the kids she has been raising for years. But as more details emerged I changed my mind. I felt the FB posts were a master class in manipulation and PR. They were OTT. Posted mainly for the benefit of the custody appeal and the jury in the in murder trial. The nonsense about the children excitedly preparing to return to school and picking our their lunches/boxes was deluded to say the least. 2 weeks after their beloved father was brutally murdered.. It reminded me of an Irish murder case where the murderer husband (appeared on a National Talk Show 2 weeks after the murder, and said his kids were initially upset but were now "over it". Total denial. Sharon Martens appeal to a US senator re custody, harping on about how the children had learned the national anthem and become immersed in American culture with a brief reference to their dad "passing away" - no ownership, no accountability and no acknowledgement of Jason's brutal death.
Thats an important point.. that post was made on a public forum. we discussed it her in some detail.
It showed a complete lack of respect for the uS justice system.

On this point, and off this site, a friend and I tracked all their publicly available phone numbers on the wayback machine. we found and tracked all the calls they had made , the numbers they called, but not who they spoke to.
We grew highly excited.
Sadly our inexperience with the wayback machine and our lack of trust with it forced us to disregard our investigation.
Looking back, had we cleared our cookies, it might have been a far more useful exercise- this because when I put in my own phone number subsequently it showed i had made the same calls on the same night.
I am not putting the info out here now.. but if somebody with good experience and competence wit wayback machine wants to give it a shot, I think you will be pretty amazed at what you will discover!
Just sayin'
Never heard of this before, I like the sound of it. Now if we only knew someone who is tech savvy, great at finding info, brilliant at posting links, I wonder would Stephan doody know anyone kittythehare????[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Courtney, are you sure the tickets had actually been purchased? My impression was that he had merely made inquiries about dates and times? Trying hard for accuracy at this stage.
The other thing thats bothering me a little is our frequent reference to narcissism.. I would like to point out that narcissism is a single symptom, a trait that is one of many common to far more serious conditions and psychoses.

Yes, least the police had released information that Jason and the kids were returning to Ireland on Aug 21, 2015, he was murdered Aug 2, 2015. And when I refer to Narcissists I mean those with NPD. Given Keith Maginn statement that she was on 16 different medications when they were together, I'd say that she had been diagnosed with several different disorders, she herself supposedly said she was bipolar at one time. Narcissists wreck your head, and have little ability to maintain steady lifestyle. I don't know Molly's work history, but I believe she never lasted too long at one school or employment, other than Jason's and for most of their life together he was a grieving widower who had lost the love of his life tragically, and had two small children to raise....

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...onality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20025568

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member