GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I transgressed the rules I thought I did it sufficient circuitously and obliquely dealing with what is I believe a pivotal time in the saga and supporting this I now find SM as a defendant in the civil suit. But those directly involved in the killing they have no excuses, everyone is directly responsible for their own actions. While I was not writing a forensic linked story I was giving flesh to what is in the public domain. I want to make it clear I have no association with the Corbett family or the online campaign Justice for Jason (RIP). I stated their local TD (parliamentary representative) took up the cudgels for them and that Irish Foreign Affairs were involved. This I got from local knowledge from a source in Limerick because at the time as I was astonished how a non-legal family got so organized with legal teams in the US and were in the US courts so quickly. There is a link to this and the TD is Willie O Dea who was a former Irish Government Minister and lawyer and when it comes to heavy hitting in such a humanitarian situation he is the best. This was with an unstoppable local support.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...s-of-irish-siblings-td-willie-o-dea-1.2314062

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...rt-for-family-of-slain-irishman-31445737.html

http://www.ilovelimerick.ie/2015/ho...son-corbett-will-return-to-ireland-this-week/

And for Shannon Airport involvement again this was word of mouth but we can see this input on the marathon flight home, Shannon Airport was coordinating this from a far as bad weather cause a missed flight but alternative plans were quickly put in place and I’m sure the transit US airports and airways were on notice to receive their weary travellers and deal with them appropriately.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...t-childrens-39hour-journey-home-31470951.html

I have being reading some of the post on the advocates of a DV angle to the night of JC death and none of it has a shred of logic to and is full of holes and I can’t but wonder has it an alternative motive. Police reports make this clear that TM and MM had no injuries. The facts are JC was found naked in the floor of his own bedroom and one can presume from that he was in bed. I don’t believe for one second the JC was walking around the house in the nude while his in-laws were visiting. It’s more than likely he slept in the nude as so many do and it would appear this was a ground floor bedroom. I would also think he was in a deep sleep as this is the effect of the drug found in his body and if this was his first time in his system the effects would be even bigger. So if MM felt that abused why she didn’t she sleep in another bedroom and from the available information she had her clothes in the first floor bedroom so why didn’t she just go to sleep there and bolt the door. And why should MM feel so entrapped in a DV situation after all she was in a readymade family having no genetic links to, living in a property she had no financial input to and living an extravagant lifestyle she did not support. If she wanted a way out of the situation she had had no kinsfolk linkages or pecuniary all she had to do is call the removal truck and go right back to moms and pops and start all over again. It would have JC blessing. For the blood in the bathroom and hallway that would be easily explained as being transferred by those in the bloodbath. There also appears to be a discussion taking place in the background of the 911 call, wonder who it was.

JC had found a way out of the situation with his kids and he was exercising that option by returning back to Ireland. Unfortunately for the Ms this option was not to their liking especially the taking of his kids back to Ireland. It would not be of JC strategic interest to start any dramatics that night and that would be his professional way of doing things. It appears he was sick of the situation and he was moving on and had made the plans to so do. And for the Ms’ family their ungratefulness in attacking JC, the greatest period of stability for MM since the onset of her psychiatric illness was with JC. But what immediately came to my mind after JC death until explained here was what was a 22/23 yrs old from a US middle-class family, extremely attractive, family having all the right connections holding positions in federal administration coming to Ireland to babysit. It just didn’t make sense; one of that age would expect would be starting a career and looking to establish her own family. It now seems that she couldn’t, she was looking for a readymade family, one that financially supported her.

I still find this difficult to comprehend, suppose the Ms’ got custody of the kids and this is not farfetched as MM did get an initial custody order despite she being the prime suspect in the killing of the kids father and she only stepmother. Two scenarios arise, the first, there was no criminal prosecution and MM continues as primary care giver and the second there was and those directly responsible for JC death imprisoned for it. How this would be explained to Jack and Sarah down the line. Kids are not jewellery accessories or puppy dogs and no matter how much lies, Jack was going to pry to the truth to his dad’s death in the next 2yrs and have the ability to Google it and be able to read his father’s horrific autopsy report. And if he didn’t he would have one of his peers tell him this. What was he then expected to do then, he and his sister living with a mommy and a grand-pops or them in prison if convicted with mama-bear as their primary caregiver and she taking them on prison visits to visit their dads killer who brutally pulverised him to death. And this mama-bear was present in the house the night of his father’s death and did nothing to save him. No amount of mollycoddling could pass this off, it bears incomprehension the effect it would have on them. One thing I know of my own experience where there has being a family trauma such for me as a house fire of the past and kids come to the age of getting knowledge of it is how they forensically go through it till they are satisfied they have built a full picture of it. At least now Jack has the full knowledge he had a loving caring family back in Ireland that immediately rode into to battle fearlessly to his rescue and save him and his little sister. I can’t imagine how he is now coping even knowing the love of his Limerick family. He is now of the age of establishing his adolescence masculinity. He has no father, gone is the figure of his life that he shared his thoughts with and hung out with and that is irreplaceable. And we do know that Jack had an over reliance of his father as the primary caregiver and was well aware that MM was not his mother and there was constant friction with her, he refusing to call her what she demanded, mommy. We do know Jack is asking his now caregivers why are not the killers of his dad in prison and I would imagine find it incomprehensible. At his age waiting two yrs is a lifetime.

It could be worse and more complicated just imagine the complications if MM had offspring with JC and trying to solve this and all the complications it would bring and these siblings of little Jack and Sarah. At least in this situation for Jack and Sarah there's an option of a clean break.

Looking at MM claim to her mommy status especially the letter she states was from Jack and Sarah one thing is quite clear its seems its written with the same hand and for clear evidence is the lower case ”you” both said to be from both Jack and Sarah are the same, the “m” are the same and another example the “g” in August at top of letter is the same as what’s used for Jack. There is no doubt this is a forgery and for the circumstance around it so farfetched that’s its inexplicable. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208839096481358&set=pcb.10208839098561410&type=3&theater

I would think the prosecution have a case full of holes on the night of the JC death. While TM and MM cooperated with police and it would seem made statements and recordings. Telling a convincing lie and two people getting it straight all the time immediately after the incident is an impossible. But no doubt JM believed his past in law enforcement would allay this and these provincial police would not have the experience to deal with it and he would wrap the whole thing immediately. I know from my own angle if I was being questioned as a suspect about a serious crime and I totally innocent of I would be deferring all answers “that my lawyer would deal with it”. There is a well know saying "A man who is his own lawyer - has a fool for a client.".

A “donnybrook” referred in TM 911 call is an Irish term and refers to the old Irish cattle fairs affrays. One of such was held in Donnybrook in Dublin. Often at these events extended families engaged other families with stick and stones often the cause being land issues as Ireland was then under British rule and Irish native landholding was that of tenant farmers at the pleasure of the Anglo-Irish landlord. Evictions were often and the replacement tenant was often the focus of the dispossessed wrath.

As for the Irish views of the US criminal justice system, we are only fully aware of its un-forgivingness to wrongdoers but we have still memories of the circus of the OJ trial. For this trial what we expect the case being played out of the saga of the damsel in distress like the race distraction of the OJ trial. And pops of long unblemished experience in law enforcement having to come to the rescue to save her. And no doubt the villainy of JC and total disregards for little Jack and Sarah. I have no doubt the Ms’ initial statements to Police are full of holes and there is a clear distinct motive of the Corbett kids. There is no doubt we are among a terrible evil and a warped evil and this is for the extended M family. Mona Earnest FB page is a taunting of the C family is an evil sick taunting using little kids.
https://www.facebook.com/mona.earnest1?pnref=friends.search
and mama-bear self-righteousness is very twisted mind-set and the audaciousness in its sheer brazeness
https://www.facebook.com/sharon.martens.16

As for this an Irish v US, it’s anything as such. The Ms’ FB support some are identifiable Irish people living in Ireland. I can only presume some of these are blind to the truth or are too stupid to acquire the full story. There is also the fact that evil attract the same and that even the serial killer Ted Bundy had an extended fan base.

Was hoping to build a fuller picture if the Ms of what is known of the family how long have they being in the US and what are their ethnic background. I associate this area are to be of the “bible belt” and having association of being heavily settled by the Scots-Irish and to a lesser by Anglo-Saxon settlers in the 18 & 19[SUP]th[/SUP] century. But SM FB states she is from Tallahassee, Florida and went to high-school there don’t know if TM is from there.

The prosecution will open its case tomorrow let’s see justice served and the wicket punished.

Different verdicts for both is a possibility, but why would TM feel the need to use two weapons? He was apparently wielding the bat quite successfully, why put that down and move from the doorway (where he alleged Jason was choking Molly) passed Jason into the bedroom to pick up a brick that was on the bedside locker? It makes more sense that if there were two weapons, there were two perpetrators IMO.
I dontbthink its even an issue

Both defendants have admitted hitting the victim, mm has admitted hitting him.

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I have wondered about the liquidating of the assets...the Martens must have anticipated this civil suit. While I'm sure they do have very large legal fees to cover, it has occurred to me that there is potentially another reason to transfer the assets. If as parents you have four children, you and one of those children are involved in a case where there is a balanced probability that you will be held accountable financially, what about your other three children?

Would you want all of your assets, everything you had worked for, being shipped across the Atlantic...or would you want it to go to your children, your blood, your family.

There is such a thing in the law as "fraudulent conveyance."

https://www.assetprotectionplanners.com/articles/truth/fraudulent-conveyance/

I'm not a lawyer but I think in simple terms, the Civil Court would look suspiciously on any trust set up or transference of funds after Jason was killed...because the Martens would have had a reasonable expectation of a civil suit.

Now if they did it, before he died, that would not look suspicious.

Last try!
If there any lawyers on ws, I dont expect you to read the thread, relevant legal documents, warrants and media coverage are all on media links thread.
Case is homicide acca to autopsy. A father and daughter have been indicted and trial starts tomorrow. NC.
A third adult is known to have been present in house on the night of the murder. Her relationship to victim is mother-in-law.
Her relationship to the accused is mother and wife.
She has not been criminally charged and there is no public source or record of police interviews with her on the night of the homicide or afterwards.
The police did obtain a search warrant for her phone records to her daughter's number.
Today, we are informed that she is one of 3 named in a civil suit filed by the family of the homicide victim.
1- To this end, is she likely to be called as witness for either the defence or the prosecution in the forthcoming criminal trial?

2-She will not be on trial herself, but is it possible that she could incur criminal charges as a result of whatever she presents as facts in the course of her testimony?

3-Are the allegations of the civil trial, not yet commenced, (interference with evidence) likely to affect the outcome of the criminal trial ?

4,- Is there any precedence for a witness for the defence being charged with a crime, other than perjury, as a result of actions they took on the night of the crime which become apparent in the course of the criminal trial?
5,- I will do the searching if you can advise me what I am to search for, please?

On 911 call the father stated he hit Jason with a bat, the operator repeated "a bat" and that's when Tom says for the first time that 'yes, a bat, he was choking my daughter'. So apparently Tom didn't know about the paving stone at the time of the 911 call, leaving that paving stone the weapon of Molly's. Tom said he brought the bat up with him from the basement...

The call itself will raise many question at the trial but the fact that two weapons were used I suspect will be focused on very substantially. Will be interesting to see if either MM or TM takes the stand, I doubt it for MM but I do think that TM will. As to how he will explain two weapons is beyond me. He accidentally dropped the bat that he came armed into the room with but Jason kept coming so he reached out and found the paving stone which just happened to be lying on the bedside locker. What will be very interesting is the forensic evidence as to what blows were inflicted with which weapon, what position the victim was in and which was the fatal blow. Blood spatter will also be crucial.

Last try!
If there any lawyers on ws, I dont expect you to read the thread, relevant legal documents, warrants and media coverage are all on media links thread.
Case is homicide acca to autopsy. A father and daughter have been indicted and trial starts tomorrow. NC.
A third adult is known to have been present in house on the night of the murder. Her relationship to victim is mother-in-law.
She has not been criminally charged and there is no public source or record of police interviews with her on the night of the homicide or afterwards.
The police did obtain a search warrant for her phone records to her daughter's number.
Today, we are informed that she is one of 3 named in a civil suit filed by the family of the homicide victim.
1- To this end, is she likely to be called as witness for either the defence or the prosecution in the forthcoming criminal trial?

2-She will not be on trial herself, but is it possible that she could incur criminal charges as a result of whatever she presents as facts in the course of her testimony?

3-Are the allegations of the civil trial, not yet commenced, (interference with evidence) likely to affect the outcome of the criminal trial ?

4,- Is there any precedence for a witness for the defence being charged with a crime, other than perjury, as a result of actions they took on the night of the crime which become apparent in the course of the criminal trial?
5,- I will do the searching if you can advise me what I am to search for, please?

If she is found guilty in the civil case could she be found guilty as an accessory after the fact I wonder?
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/PDF/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-7.pdf

I'm not a lawyer but I think in simple terms, the Civil Court would look suspiciously on any trust set up or transference of funds after Jason was killed...because the Martens would have had a reasonable expectation of a civil suit.

Thanks Mary, interesting reading! :D

think so its the law in Ireland but difficult to establish where there is a joint enterprise

The Law of Trust is very strong on this.

If she is found guilty in the civil case could she be found guilty as an accessory after the fact I wonder?
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/PDF/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-7.pdf

I was looking up earlier statues of limitations but didn't find anything definitive as I'm not sure if would be accessory to murder or just aiding and abetting. I would suppose it would depend on the points of law not sure . If both Tm and Mm were found guilty I assume it would be easier to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Sharon played a role but not sure if she could still be charged . The trial will definitely run through tAugust 2nd the second anniversary of Jason . Mary any ideas if this is possible

I dontbthink its even an issue

Both defendants have admitted hitting the victim, mm has admitted hitting him.

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I agree, I think what Searchingirl was trying to get at was that if Molly hadn't utilised a 'deadly' weapon, then how could she be held accountable for the overkill. IMO the jury will classify the injuries as the overkill, I'm not sure it will be of relevance which implement caused them. The defense were quick to put it out there that TM had wielded a 'child's bat' in the altercation, as though detectives were being dramatic about the weapon in question. Well I think the autopsy speaks for itself in terms of the damage a 'child's bat' can do if utilised with enough force. I don't think it will matter whether it turns out Molly hit Jason with the brick or a lamp or anything else, if they can show she did it with enough force then the overkill stands IMO.

I was looking up earlier statues of limitations but didn't find anything definitive as I'm not sure if would be accessory to murder or just aiding and abetting. I would suppose it would depend on the points of law not sure . If both Tm and Mm were found guilty I assume it would be easier to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Sharon played a role but not sure if she could still be charged . The trial will definitely run through tAugust 2nd the second anniversary of Jason . Mary any ideas if this is possible

So from my reading of this statute, if it is found that SM 'concealed or destroyed' evidence in relation to the felony crime which TM & MM are accused, then regardless of whether they are found guilty or not, she could be found guilty of a Class C felony, accessory after the fact - http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/PDF/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-7.pdf

That's presuming there isn't more damning evidence produced that could tie her to the more serious crime etc.

Last try!

She has not been charged. If incriminating evidence is brought forward either now or in the civil case, she can be charged. She can be charged even if they are acquitted because there is no double jeopardy involved as regards to her.

I don't think allegations in the civil case can effect her in the criminal case. At this stage they are only allegations. She has not been criminally charged with these things.

She, like Cindy Anthony, can be called to testify against her daughter. But she cannot be forced to testify against Tom.

As to perjury charges, many believed Cindy A lied on the stand about the Internet searches. . She was never charged with anything.

http://people.com/crime/casey-anthony-trial-no-perjury-charges-against-cindy-anthony/

Quote Originally Posted by searchinGirl View Post
I think evoke has the copyright to it and the first story with this picture in it was published on 9/12/2015. So I don't know when it was taken. Was it the first time she appeared in court? It's a summertime style so it could be August. I looked for it on the last thread but couldn't find it. If the date is what I thought, it could go either way in terms of telling the story of what happened. IMO
It's just that Molly either hit him with deadly force like the brick, or non-deadly force like the lamp. I contend if she hit him hard with the brick, then her hands would show some evidence of it like abrasions or bruising. IMO Her left hand in these pictures look like it's possible, however I would want to see the other side of her hand because it would be purplish too, a full hand bruise is what I'm saying. I suspect that's where you would see abrasions as well. IMO

It may just be a shadow on her hand from lighting, but if not, then I'm inclined to think she didn't strike Jason at all with a deadly weapon. I mean, you can see from the pictures, the brick Is hard to hold and much harder to wield with deadly force. A Paver is the same size but the holes you see are replaced with a concrete core that would make it all the more awkward to wield. IMO and heavier, a brick is 6lbs, a paver has to be twice that much. IMO I don't know what to make of it really. IMO
took these pictures to show...

Now it turns out that that picture of Molly in the black short-sleeved dress was taken Aug 14th, 2015, 12-13 days after Jason was murdered so if it's a bruise as you propose, it's not from the night of the murder. I have no idea why you think she didn't strike Jason with deadly weapon, the man's head was bashed in. Why is it you don't think that perhaps whichever of them bashed head in with paving stone might have been wearing gloves to protect their hands? Is it your theory that the mother and/or the father killed him for Molly? The police and the DA seem very certain that two people attacked and killed Jason, in a most brutal and heinous manner, so if not Molly, then who?

Her Father, Thomas? I'm going with his story for now or at least what I know about it because that's that is what the prosecution has to disprove. If they used gloves wouldn't that be evidence of pre-meditation? I don't think 10 to 12 days is enough time to assume Mollys bruises, if they are bruises, didn't happen on the night of the crime. But at that point in the courtroom they might could be covered up with make-up. IMO I really can't tell. But I do believe that Molly's level of involvement in the beating will most likely be taken into consideration by the jury. IMO

Just found this on Civil Lawsuits in North Carolina. Not read too much of it yet but though I would post here. Interesting thought that the time limitation for filing in cases of Wrongful Death appears to be two years which would explain this claim being filed now.

http://victimsofcrime.org/docs/default-source/CJ Brochures/northcarolinaciviljustice.pdf?sfvrsn=2

attachment.php

Attachments

• CivilLawsuitsNorthCarolina Timing.JPG
    CivilLawsuitsNorthCarolina Timing.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 64
discussed earlier today, but thats not my question.. need an experienced lawyer just to give me search terms.
I am unable to translate my question into points of law.
No what I understand Civil cases can use what has being used in Criminal Trial. But it certainly could give pointers to a criminal investigation evidence used in the civil to begin and to investigate the civil courts case allegations if they were strong and had supporting facts.

No what I understand Civil cases can use what has being used in Criminal Trial. But it certainly could give pointers to a criminal investigation evidence used in the civil to begin and to investigate the civil courts case allegations if they were strong and had supporting facts.
I understand in basic terms the function of and relationship of civil to criminal. My questions are more in relation to the reverse order.. do you know what I mean?
I am seeking the law specific to nC in this regard a each state has unique laws.

Just found this on Civil Lawsuits in North Carolina. Not read too much of it yet but though I would post here. Interesting thought that the time limitation for filing in cases of Wrongful Death appears to be two years which would explain this claim being filed now.

http://victimsofcrime.org/docs/default-source/CJ Brochures/northcarolinaciviljustice.pdf?sfvrsn=2

attachment.php

Felony crimes have no statute of limitations and as for the Civil I think in NC its two yrs but once the proceedings begin the SL time-clock stops.

I never thought to look into what TM did before Oak Ridge - this is a broad overview of what Counter Intelligence does within the FBI. Its an interesting read... https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/counterintelligence

Good evening. I'm new on here so hi. I've followed this case since news broke on that weekend. My concerns as kitty pointed out previously that she searched extensively for TM life history and found nothing. Like it had been wiped! If this is so can reports or emails be added to someone life history. ?? It frightens me that they seem so sure to be able to prove a history of dv. The men in this family are no fools, they know how autopsy reports are read and proven. But what do they have?

You are warmly welcomed.
Thanks for such a great and relevant point.
I did a bit of reading in response
This is what I found.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B717FUtKwdU8cEpQMURYSEpMcEU/view

Kate B, put this document together. a long and painstaking task, bless her (we were always losing them and getting them mixed up.
Her post about the documents is in the links file and dated February 20, 2016.

Everyone would benefit from reading it. 98 pages.

Bur regarding internet outside of this and obscure documents suddenly appearing.. as you say.. it is possible.
They had lived in NC for the 4 yrs of their marriage. The local police had never been called to a domestic and had no records of abuse.

Her medical records are sealed.
They are masters of illusion.. thats for sure..
But a man was battered to death.

The warrants state police thought there was a financial motive, they state in the warrants that large sums of money had been removed from the account following Jason's death.

It will be most interesting to discover what the phone records revealed.

The brothers could add lots to the defense case, they could testify that they saw Molly being a great Mom, they could testify as to their Dad's character, they could even testify to having witnessed some of the 'abuse' that the Martens claim has been on-going for years. We just don't know what they will be able to bring to the table, but in terms of credibility certainly two of the three seem to have clean records, and be of reputable character. Perhaps this is why only two of the three are being called? The brother you refer to only moved out of the country since this incident has occurred so once again, we don't know as to what he will be able to testify.

I'm not sure we are allowed to bring the other brother into this as he is not directly involved in the proceedings (mods?) but he was charged with child abuse for failing to secure a minor in the car while driving. This could be a cultural thing as there is currently a video on SM facebook (I presume this is now fair game seeing as she is now a part of the civil suit? Again mods if you could clarify that would be great) of the same little girl being driven while not secured. Some places are more lax regarding how secure children need to be and until what ages. The same with moderate drink driving, (again this may link back to the custody testimony where Tracey stated that Molly drove the children after having a drink, in Ireland this would be extremely uncommon) if it is more commonplace in this part of the States, then potential jurors would not necessarily see this as a huge deal. Perhaps any locals on the forum could give us an idea on this?

i think the first was on the 8th or maybe 12th of August . As far as I'm aware this picture was on the 20th of August . I got the meta data but it didn't include date but John Cogilln is the photographer not sure who he works for .

This is MM in that dress, only with sweater over it, on Aug 14th 2015, at custody hearing.

http://myfox8.com/2015/08/14/domest...n-in-davidson-county-leads-to-custody-battle/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl