GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly!! If the defense can argue one was coerced and the prosecution can argue the originals were coerced, what is the point in introducing them at all?

It is my understanding during pretrial motions that David Lynch said when on the stand that he & Tracey Lynch's main priority was the children's well being, & would rather none of the children's interviews or diaries were used. Two parents who genuinely love their children & put their well being first. It would be great if like BeTrue said, if we could continue without mentioning the children any further. They have suffered enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to hear your impressions from the trial!
wOWEE Wildbeest.. How brilliant to see you after such a very long time.. you carried us all from the beginning with absolute gentleness and we were such a handfull.. appalling, looking back on it..
Its great to see you here now.

Neither defendant has to testify. The state has the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
Thanks .
Is it your impression that the proof will be obtained from the crime scene evidence, including the autopsy more than or as much from any witness testimony, excluding expert witnesses?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...l-have-to-examine-gory-pictures-35949322.html
This has inaccuracies.
Incorrect jury figures, not updated
He also refers to blood spattered rooms, plural.
He makes some other remarks which may not be accurate either.
In his references to the crime scene and images of Jason's body , i cannot be sure he is taking his cue from the autopsy or those words were actually stated yesterday.
I'd await confirmation.. It mAY have been said yesterday or Indo may be running klikbait..again.
Just be wide.

MASSIVE COVER UP

I had not read this before but it is probably a lie too.

"The Corbett family has told the Limerick Leader, however, that they believe there is some kind of cover-up involved.

The family has said that they were first told about the incident by Molly’s mother, Sharon Martens, who allegedly said that Molly had pushed Jason and he died as a result of injuries sustained by banging his head during the fall.

Jason’s older brother John told the Limerick Leader that he believed Thomas Martens was involved in a “massive cover-up.”

“You don’t have to be a forensic detective to see this,” he added.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/t...north-carolina-wife-and-father-in-law-accused

According to the medical examiner’s investigative report, Corbett was struck in the head “numerous times with a bat and a landscape type rock.”

Corbett’s body was found in the master bedroom of the house. The investigative report said large amounts of blood were found on the bedroom floor, walls and furniture.

The autopsy report describes Jason Corbett’s injuries in detail, including two large deep cuts to his scalp.

He also had multiple skull fractures, including at the base of the skull. Corbett also had bleeding in several areas of his brain, including between the two membranes that surround the brain and between the brain and its outer covering, the autopsy report said.

He also had bruises under his right eye and on the back of his left hand, according to the investigative report.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...cle_7273aa58-c7ef-5f59-a039-05cbcdba4ea8.html

The bruise on the back of his left hand could be a defensive wound but that seems to be the only one.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...l-have-to-examine-gory-pictures-35949322.html
This has inaccuracies.
Incorrect jury figures, not updated
He also refers to blood spattered rooms, plural.
He makes some other remarks which may not be accurate either.
In his references to the crime scene and images of Jason's body , i cannot be sure he is taking his cue from the autopsy or those words were actually stated yesterday.
I'd await confirmation.. It mAY have been said yesterday or Indo may be running klikbait..again.
Just be wide.

Also, Mr Freedman (Defence) also indicated that there will be evidence that the parties involved were drinking.

Is that correct?

Molly Martens and her father filed a late motion before the trail started to prevent the prosecution from describing Corbett as a peaceful person before the judge and jury.

The motion asked the court to prohibit the prosecution from making "claims that Jason Corbett was a non-violent, peaceful person and/or that Jason Corbett had a reputation for peacefulness."

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/t...north-carolina-wife-and-father-in-law-accused

Does the Judge have to agree/disagree with this motion?

Also, Mr Freedman (Defence) also indicated that there will be evidence that the parties involved were drinking.

Is that correct?
Apparently. acc to defence lawyers they were not tested for either drugs or alcohol 'because the deputies had not reason to do so'
It was reported that Molly drank heavily and drove while drinking pretty strong alcohol... these reports are online and arose during or after the custody case.
I honestly cannot see a context where they were again mentioned yesterday by the prosecution in the course of jury selection whereas I do think it rational that warnings of graphic images would be viewed.
In relation to your link below, there were very strange contacts made with Jason's family following his murder and a delay of almost a full day.
<modsnip>
I believe there was a hang-up call too from Sharon, Molly's mother who was also in the house that night but who is apparently being protected.
The below article may have been mostly taken from an old report in the Limerick Leader.
I do know that Jason's brother had visited with him a week beforehand and if he said that, I would be inclined to believe it.

In relation to autopsy blood alcohol content was equivalent of a beer, 2 max several hours pre-mortem.
I understand from previous press -for-the-defence-reports that he has or intends to find an 'expert' who will claim that Jason's blood alcohol levels were inaccurate because he will maintain that somehow his body continued to process this vast quantity of alcohol after life had ceased. He made some wild claims also that he would be proving that this alcohol in combination with a very low dose of a sedative could in combination bring about a psychotic episode, byt that Jason was indeed a very nice peaceful bloke ordinarily, it was just that one night.. that single psychotic episode.. that clearly has not panned out too well for him, thus the emphasis on DV now..
In some of the earlier threads there is quite a lot of work with peer reviewed and cited articles referenced disproving this theory entirely and some basic articles on body mechanisms post mortem and metabolism specifically.

Molly Martens and her father filed a late motion before the trail started to prevent the prosecution from describing Corbett as a peaceful person before the judge and jury.

The motion asked the court to prohibit the prosecution from making "claims that Jason Corbett was a non-violent, peaceful person and/or that Jason Corbett had a reputation for peacefulness."

Does the Judge have to agree/disagree with this motion?
Decision has not been made public as far as I know

There may be some substance to this IMO it was also mentioned in a radio interview. He had the tools to cover up, we will find out at trial if he used them IMO

Kitty,

I did read in the early days in an article about suggestions about blood on the stairs and SM phonecall making suggestions. You know I'm on the road but if you look up John Corbetts radio interviews there was 2 I think. There may be info on this in there.
Imo

MASSIVE COVER UP

I had not read this before but it is probably a lie too.

"The Corbett family has told the Limerick Leader, however, that they believe there is some kind of cover-up involved.

The family has said that they were first told about the incident by Molly’s mother, Sharon Martens, who allegedly said that Molly had pushed Jason and he died as a result of injuries sustained by banging his head during the fall.

Jason’s older brother John told the Limerick Leader that he believed Thomas Martens was involved in a “massive cover-up.”

“You don’t have to be a forensic detective to see this,” he added.

According to the medical examiner’s investigative report, Corbett was struck in the head “numerous times with a bat and a landscape type rock.”

Corbett’s body was found in the master bedroom of the house. The investigative report said large amounts of blood were found on the bedroom floor, walls and furniture.

The autopsy report describes Jason Corbett’s injuries in detail, including two large deep cuts to his scalp.

He also had multiple skull fractures, including at the base of the skull. Corbett also had bleeding in several areas of his brain, including between the two membranes that surround the brain and between the brain and its outer covering, the autopsy report said.

He also had bruises under his right eye and on the back of his left hand, according to the investigative report.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...cle_7273aa58-c7ef-5f59-a039-05cbcdba4ea8.html

The bruise on the back of his left hand could be a defensive wound but that seems to be the only one.
The full autopsy is online.. it shows a hinge fracture too and that there was a pretty massive force behind some of the blows.
His blood and eye tox screenings are also online.

https://www.thesun.ie/archives/irish-news/71301/our-fight-for-jasons-kids/
THE family of tragic Jason Corbett say it &#8220;beggars belief&#8221; that they have to fight to bring his two children home.The 39-year-old Limerick man was found beaten to death in his home in North Carolina nearly two weeks ago.
His family are now facing a court battle to take Jack, ten, and Sarah, eight, back to Ireland.
But his wife Molly Martens, who the children have been placed in the care of, is fighting to keep them.
She raised the kids after their mother, Jason&#8217;s first wife Mags, died following an asthma attack a number of years ago.
Molly, along with her father Thomas, 65, have been identified by cops as &#8220;persons of interest&#8221; in relation to the probe.

Investigators say they are not looking for anyone outside of the home.
Yesterday Jason&#8217;s brother John Corbett said the family can&#8217;t believe they are in the midst of a custody battle.
Speaking to Marian Finucane on RTE Radio 1, he said: &#8220;Jason died between 2am and 3am North Carolina time and they never told us until ten hours later.
&#8220;My brother Wayne was at home at my mum&#8217;s and he got a call. The name that came up was Molly Martens but it was actually Molly&#8217;s mother Sharon Martens who was on the phone.&#8221;
He added: &#8220;It was a 50-second call. She was so full of remorse about what happened her stepson that she said, &#8216;Wayne there&#8217;s been an accident. Your brother is dead,&#8217; and hung up. The information snowballed from there.&#8221;

No they wouldn't be advised of this. In order for any description of the work of an FBI agent to be admissible before the jury, an FBI agent (such as the defendant or another agent) would have to testify as to the training, etc. The only thing the jury can consider is evidence that is properly introduced and admitted through witness testimony from the witness stand.

I haven't read every page of this thread yet, but this FBI agent has a lot of explaining to do. JMHO

Perhaps this is exactly why the prosecution have requested information on any formal training and courses that TM undertook during his time as an FBI agent.

I wonder if this ties in with the speculation that Molly had showered?

It could well be. Just listening to the 911 tape again and at one point TM sends MM to get a towel which might also explain it.

I hadn't listened to the tape in a long time, i forgot how calm and composed TM was during the call. He didn't sound like he had been in a life or death fight.

Operator: Alright tell me what happened, did you hit him in the head?

TM: I hit him in the head

Operator: with what?

TM: with a baseball bat

Operator: with a baseball bat?

TM: yes ma'am. He was choking my daughter he said I'm going to kill her

Operator: where is the baseball bat at

TM: in the bedroom here with me

Operator: okay don't touch it any more

TM: yes ma'am

If the operator is asking what weapon you used why would you omit to give her all the information. He was not hysterical on the call he was extremely calm. Given this event which, he states, had only happened moments earlier you must remember the concrete paving brick.

All IMO

I don't think there was any hidden phone. I read there were hidden numbers in the kids bags put there by MM when she came to say goodbye, after guardianship was awarded to the Lynch's. I read they were told not to tell anyone. It's two years ago now, I don't have a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishMa...495363941342/1909940709263471/?type=3&theater

The children also told law enforcement they had a secret phone number to call TM and SM in Tennessee in case of emergency. This is why Nathan Riggs arranged to have them interviewed at Dragonfly House.

All IMO

It could well be. Just listening to the 911 tape again and at one point TM sends MM to get a towel which might also explain it.

I hadn't listened to the tape in a long time, i forgot how calm and composed TM was during the call. He didn't sound like he had been in a life or death fight.

Operator: Alright tell me what happened, did you hit him in the head?

TM: I hit him in the head

Operator: with what?

TM: with a baseball bat

Operator: with a baseball bat?

TM: yes ma'am. He was choking my daughter he said I'm going to kill her

Operator: where is the baseball bat at

TM: in the bedroom here with me

Operator: okay don't touch it any more

TM: yes ma'am

If the operator is asking what weapon you used why would you omit to give her all the information. He was not hysterical on the call he was extremely calm. Given this event which, he states, had only happened moments earlier you must remember the concrete paving brick.

All IMO

Of course, that is much more probable. Sorry brain hasn't quite kicked into gear yet!

I only re-listened to the 911 call last week, I spent the entire first four minutes silently shouting at the computer for someone, anyone to start to help him. It is just devastating.

There is no indication from TM of the severity of the injuries, 'I think I may have killed him' would be a common enough phrase after an assault, it does not indicate how catastrophic the injuries actually were. 'he's bleeding all over' is not the same as I can see his brain matter on the floor. He has no pulse, he is not breathing, help us please....none of these phrases were uttered.

And most importantly, if the 911 call came directly after the assault on Jason, which happened as he was assaulting Molly...why did TM not ask for help for her? How did he know the severity of her injuries? Would you not ask for help for everyone involved in the 'donnybrook'?

Of course, that is much more probable. Sorry brain hasn't quite kicked into gear yet!

I only re-listened to the 911 call last week, I spent the entire first four minutes silently shouting at the computer for someone, anyone to start to help him. It is just devastating.

There is no indication from TM of the severity of the injuries, 'I think I may have killed him' would be a common enough phrase after an assault, it does not indicate how catastrophic the injuries actually were. 'he's bleeding all over' is not the same as I can see his brain matter on the floor. He has no pulse, he is not breathing, help us please....none of these phrases were uttered.

And most importantly, if the 911 call came directly after the assault on Jason, which happened as he was assaulting Molly...why did TM not ask for help for her? How did he know the severity of her injuries? Would you not ask for help for everyone involved in the 'donnybrook'?

Absolutely, lets not forget the defence lawyers claim MM was complaining of dizziness, pain, trouble speaking and trouble swallowing. I for one did not get any inclination of any trouble with speaking from the tape.

When the operator starts explaining how to do CPR TM replies 'I am somewhat familiar with this'; which begs the question. If both TM and MM were familiar with CPR why would you wait to be told to start?

Given the fact we know that photos that will be introduced to the jury show a gory scene with massive amounts of blood, the call just makes no sense. The operator asks 'okay, what do you mean hes in bad shape, he's hurt?'. TM's response, very calmly is, 'he's bleeding all over and I may have killed him'. Why did he not explain to the operator as to the copious amounts of blood that had been lost. Would you not say he has lost a lot of blood? I for one do not think the operator had any inkling as to the severity of the situation.

All IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member