GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with you if the book had not been written years ago...when MM had yet to kill anyone. Not many women have driven a man to publish a self help book as a recovery effort from living with them.
Stmarysmeade, it's a great insight into her character, and leads us to question the drip feed of gossip and speculation that appears to have been orchestrated imo to gain a group of supporters for the martens after the fact.
I suppose we can't blame the Martens and supporters, looking at that autopsy imo it would take some really good manipulation of truth to even get close to reasoning the overkill. Actually you can't reason it imo.

Just my thoughts not fact.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

On the possibility of MM brothers taking the stand - Robert Earnest Martens had a 7th December 2015 criminal court date for the following offenses, which included CHILD ABUSE. Would you? Could you? Trust his testimony?
a. http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars.Offense.do…: Infraction FAIL TO SECURE PASSEN UNDER 16
b. http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars.Offense.do…: Infraction FAIL MAINTAIN LANE CONTROL
c. http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars.Offense.do…: MISDEMEANOR CHILD ABUSE
d. http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars.Offense.do…: Traffic DRIVING WHILE IMPAIRED
14002a1e60501b02a168498c0dbc259b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very interesting. I had intended to look him up too.

I hope the police are aware of these so they question his integrity. Perhaps that is why CM has been at the court back from his travelling. Who is the other brother?

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...Ct_Winston-Salem_NC_27107_M66309-62656#photo8

Picture 9

I believe this is the Master Bedroom that JC was murdered in. Look through the windows...it's at street level. IIRC the master bedroom was the only bedroom on the main level.

This plan is a somewhat typical American plan in neighborhoods like this. The staircase down to the patio area will open from the kitchen dining area or the family room, Those rooms are at the back of the house.

It would be very easy to run out the front door, grab a rock or landscaping stone, and return to the Master Bedroom there on the left. Check the windows...they match.

Also, that Master Bedroom with furniture in it...is not huge. Try to envision three people and that donnybrook and bats swinging. I think Jason had no way to escape.

Thanks for correcting me. I assumed the master bedroom would be on the upper level in photo 8.

So do we have to assume in their story that JC started choking MM so she went out to the garden and brought in a landscape rock and began beating him to death? What did he do while she went to get the rock? Just remain passively in the bedroom waiting for her to come back?

So were her parents staying in the bedroom in Photo 8? So TM hears the commotion then runs down the stairs to the garage to get the baseball bat, sees his daughter being choked again? and beats the living daylights out of JC? Not possible! Too many holes in it.

I wonder what their final story will be? I cannot wait until next week.

According to the facts to establish probably cause in the search warrants it is stated "a deceased male, identified as Jason Paul Corbett, was found lying inside the residence in the master bedroom on the main level of the home".

Although, its worth wondering, as they had a spare room, why were TM and SM sleeping in the basement?

All IMO

Have they lied about sleeping in the basement for some reason?

Could be. But most Masters in newer homes are on the first floor with larger Master baths. Of course, a family can use the rooms any way they want.

But isn't TM claiming he heard the donnybrook from the basement and came up to the first floor bedroom?

Look at picture five....through the kitchen pas through opening you can glimpse the family room and off to the left, that first floor bedroom.

Look at seven...see the window configuration...that the kitchen dining area and it matches the windows at the back.

Is there really a bedroom in the basement? No pictures of it?

mod note: A link must be provided for statements stated as fact. "I read somewhere" or "I heard" are not acceptable sources. Moreover, all images need a link for the original source. Lastly, gossip and rumor are not allowed at Websleuths. :tyou:

Welcome to all the new posters! Just popping this here to let you all know of the rules of WS, it's great to get some fresh perspectives on the thread, but if you can where possible link back to MSM sources to back up your theories, it not only allows us other sleuthers to build upon your thoughts, but it stops alot of the bickering that we get on here based on opinions.

There'a a really handy 'No discussions' thread that's good for sourcing information - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ts-Only-No-Discussion&highlight=jason+corbett

Looking forward to hearing some new ideas!

Could be. But most Masters in newer homes are on the first floor with larger Master baths. Of course, a family can use the rooms any way they want.

But isn't TM claiming he heard the donnybrook from the basement and came up to the first floor bedroom?

Look at picture five....through the kitchen pas through opening you can glimpse the family room and off to the left, that first floor bedroom.

Look at seven...see the window configuration...that the kitchen dining area and it matches the windows at the back.

Is there really a bedroom in the basement? No pictures of it?

Blood was found on the bedroom walls, floor, hallway and bathroom.

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/irish-independent/20170722/281943132942378

So I had imagined that their bedroom had an en suite bathroom. Perhaps they did not and that accounts for why there is blood in the hallway and bathroom. What does this mean? As JC was found in the bedroom, how did the blood get into the hallway and bathroom if it was outside the bedroom?

When I hear basement, I immediately think below ground level but I understand that basement in the USA is often spoken about as being ground level. It gets confusing when terms mean different to different people.

That might account for it then. TM and SM in bedroom photo 9 on ground floor/basement and JC in photo 8 on upper floor.

Remember Molly's clothes were in an upstairs room.. this was reported when she removed things from the house.. Do you remember, a list had to be furnished to the courts of the exact contents of every room, what she took? So 2 children upstairs.. 3rd bedroom upstairs.. master bedroom was indeed on ground floor and guest suite was in the basement. Master bedroom was next to kitchen. Thats what I remember from old threads.. I think its accurate.. we discussed it a lot while theorising about autopsy stomach contents.. one speculation was that he awoke, went to kitchen , opened fridge and chewed some greens before heading back to bed in his own separate room.. also speculation that that was when he was attacked.. theorising.. I dont recall which thread..

So does this imply that JC and MM were not sleeping together?

Hi folks, just recently discovered this site and have been trying to follow this case a little bit over the last couple of years. I'm a little confused - I thought MM's parent's were sleeping in a basement bedroom? But the list of items taken above mentions 2 guest rooms - one on the main level and one upstairs. But there is a basement bathroom - so was there a third guest room in the basement?

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...t_Winston-Salem_NC_27107_M66309-62656#photo13

This real estate listing says that their house had 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.

Welcome to all the new posters! Just popping this here to let you all know of the rules of WS, it's great to get some fresh perspectives on the thread, but if you can where possible link back to MSM sources to back up your theories, it not only allows us other sleuthers to build upon your thoughts, but it stops alot of the bickering that we get on here based on opinions.

There'a a really handy 'No discussions' thread that's good for sourcing information - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ts-Only-No-Discussion&highlight=jason+corbett

Looking forward to hearing some new ideas!

I had another look at the pics and I do think that the master bedroom was the one just off the hallway from the main entrance into the house, the front is the tri-bay window at the front of the house. Another property identical to this one was up for sale on another road in the estate, complete with pictures of the house & rooms (not sure if OK to post a link to it here) which describes the main bedroom having his & hers walk in wardrobes so from looking at the pics, I suspect that the Master Bedroom ran the entire way through the house with the larch arched window at the back of the property being the window in the wardrobe area and the little window to the side being a window in the En-Suite.

Molly Martens trial: Nanny's brothers set to appear as witnesses

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...hers-set-to-appear-as-witnesses-35953111.html

Interested to hear this testimony. It will be a chance to perhaps hear why, 2 brothers and a father couldn't or wouldn't ? intervene in the situation they are portraying before a man ended up dead. No reports to LE of DV have come to light to date? So looking at what has come from martens family, who was possibly aware of the DV.
I've counted 10 people who have publicly made statements in media and social media to that point.

I can't link the posts, so will refrain from naming because many of them were removed or pages closed. But if you were following you will know who has.

So imo - 10 people, perhaps we will see many of them testify in court and form a better opinion then but at the moment it's a head scratching thought hypothetically if we have a victim of DV who has LE in the family and support and resources? Why come forward at a murder trial to voice support why not come forward and intervene long ago?

Just my opinions not facts.

I'd agree with you if the book had not been written years ago...when MM had yet to kill anyone. Not many women have driven a man to publish a self help book as a recovery effort from living with them.

Nevertheless, it is unverified hearsay. So much so that he felt the need to change her name.

I think everyone is entitled to a fair trial and the presumption of innocence, it being incumbent upon prosecutor to prove guilt without doubt. I am curious if you think that women can be Domestic Violence Abusers just as horribly as men can be Domestic Violence Abusers. Do you see all DV abusers as manic freak abusers? I know that narcissism is strong trait of DV abusers, having spent decades working past my own experiences. Many victims of DV are women, but more and more, experts are recognizing that men are victims also but it's not something that receives lot of public attention. Do you think the women on the jury would be able to view Molly or any woman as a DV abuser or is that an uphill battle the DA has to convince them?

The DA obviously thinks he can, as he chose a majority of women to be on the jury. I doubt that decision was made on a whim.

I had another look at the pics and I do think that the master bedroom was the one just off the hallway from the main entrance into the house, the front is the tri-bay window at the front of the house. Another property identical to this one was up for sale on another road in the estate, complete with pictures of the house & rooms (not sure if OK to post a link to it here) which describes the main bedroom having his & hers walk in wardrobes so from looking at the pics, I suspect that the Master Bedroom ran the entire way through the house with the larch arched window at the back of the property being the window in the wardrobe area and the little window to the side being a window in the En-Suite.

Would be interested to see the other property if it's allowed Frizby. There are some pics on Molly's FB page which feature the internals of the house , there's one from a New Year's party of Molly in the hallway, and another of the kitchen where you can see the door into the main level guest bedroom as I understand it. I agree, I think the master suite ran the length of the house front to back.

Molly Martens trial: Nanny's brothers set to appear as witnesses

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...hers-set-to-appear-as-witnesses-35953111.html

Interested to hear this testimony. It will be a chance to perhaps hear why, 2 brothers and a father couldn't or wouldn't ? intervene in the situation they are portraying before a man ended up dead. No reports to LE of DV have come to light to date? So looking at what has come from martens family, who was possibly aware of the DV.
I've counted 10 people who have publicly made statements in media and social media to that point.

I can't link the posts, so will refrain from naming because many of them were removed or pages closed. But if you were following you will know who has.

So imo - 10 people, perhaps we will see many of them testify in court and form a better opinion then but at the moment it's a head scratching thought hypothetically if we have a victim of DV who has LE in the family and support and resources? Why come forward at a murder trial to voice support why not come forward and intervene long ago?

Just my opinions not facts.

Do we know if the witness lists have been made public yet? It would be good if anyone who is attending the trial from the thread could post if so.

Do we know if the witness lists have been made public yet? It would be good if anyone who is attending the trial from the thread could post if so.
This article was the first mention I've seen. There has been a few who have stated they will testify but until I see it confirmed I won't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member