GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Do we have evidence that Molly was a model? It seems everyone is a model these days. Why would a model take on a nanny job?

There is no evidence she ever worked as a model, She made herself an online profile stating she was a model. Evoke magazine ran several articles on it and even included that profile photo in the Dailymail pre-trial article.

And there we have it!!!!

"A WRONGFUL-DEATH lawsuit was filed Wednesday against MOLLY MARTENS and THOMAS MARTENS as they are facing trial on murder charges in the death of Irish businessman Jason Corbett...David Lynch, the executor of Jason Corbett’s estate, filed the lawsuit in Davidson Superior Court and ALSO NAMED as a defendant, Molly Martens MOTHER SHARON MARTENS.... The lawsuit also alleges that SHARON MARTENS "ASSISTED, AIDED AND ABETTED DEFENDANTS MOLLY PAIGE MARTENS IN THE KILLING OF JASON CORBETT AND IN THE CONCEALMENT AND DESTRUCTION OF EVIDENCE RELATED TO CORBETTS DEATH" ......
(~ Michael Hewlett)

http://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...cle_61eea717-8f42-5d21-aedc-aa8915ae5f31.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And there we have it!!!!

"A WRONGFUL-DEATH lawsuit was filed Wednesday against MOLLY MARTENS and THOMAS MARTENS as they are facing trial on murder charges in the death of Irish businessman Jason Corbett...David Lynch, the executor of Jason Corbett’s estate, filed the lawsuit in Davidson Superior Court and ALSO NAMED as a defendant, Molly Martens MOTHER SHARON MARTENS.... The lawsuit also alleges that SHARON MARTENS "ASSISTED, AIDED AND ABETTED DEFENDANTS MOLLY PAIGE MARTENS IN THE KILLING OF JASON CORBETT AND IN THE CONCEALMENT AND DESTRUCTION OF EVIDENCE RELATED TO CORBETTS DEATH" ......
(~ Michael Hewlett)

http://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...cle_61eea717-8f42-5d21-aedc-aa8915ae5f31.html

Well I just fainted dead away.. and no, I will never understand the uS justice system, or any other justice system either.
I am a tad disappointed to read they seek such a small compensation and I hope they receive a lot more than that which hardly covers their air-fares for the repeated trips they were forced to make back and forth and their legal fees.

Well I just fainted dead away.. and no, I will never understand the uS justice system, or any other justice system either.
I am a tad disappointed to read they seek such a small compensation and I hope they receive a lot more than that which hardly covers their air-fares for the repeated trips they were forced to make back and forth and their legal fees.

I don't think that these people are seeking money. It is more a moral victory. That these awful people are held accountable for their son, brother and father's death.

if a person is charged in a civil complaint of a crime, does it ever arise that a criminal prosecution will follow even though that person was not indicted in the original criminal complaint?

And there we have it!!!!

(~ Michael Hewlett)

Omg Fairness, I'm speechless.[emoji50]

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

This is huge, changes every theory we had.

I think the $50k comes from "the minimum amount of $25k to file such a claim" as reported in other media, multiplied by two are they are bring two claims. It is just a minimum figure for the purpose of lodging the law suit, the actual amount I suspect would be decided when verdict is reached.

We have the bat in the room, we are missing a paver on the 911 call, my mind is racing now, was the paver missing when police arrived? Did the subsequent interviews draw this info out from tm and mm. Was it hidden by a third party and they covering for them too

Hence no third party charges. Can you imagine what Jason sensed in that room before he died. [emoji22]

Jmo

We have the bat in the room, we are missing a paver on the 911 call, my mind is racing now, was the paver missing when police arrived? Did the subsequent interviews draw this info out from tm and mm. Was it hidden by a third party and they covering for them too

Hence no third party charges. Can you imagine what Jason sensed in that room before he died. [emoji22]

Jmo

thats whats bothering me most, his final thoughts.. dying alone at the hands of 2 crazed lunatics that he had supported in every way possible for so very long.

thats whats bothering me most, his final thoughts.. dying alone at the hands of 2 crazed lunatics that he had supported in every way possible for so very long.
And the minors kitty, where were the minors, why not a peep on the 911 call, I'm not go into that but it all is starting to make sense. And I have to hand it to you you have always brought SM into the discussion. This is far from evidence but as they say in Ireland it may soften the cough of many a martens supporter. Morally imo they now need to look at what we have and hold judgement on the victim until the trial unfolds.

Imo the evidence that has come from prosecution so far may be the tip of the iceberg. They obviously made an INFORMED decision to look for murder 1 charge. I'm satisfied now this murder 2 case is strong.

Jmo

And there we have it!!!!

(~ Michael Hewlett)

That is the first time I have seen Sharon Martens named in anything really. Her testimony & cross examination on the stand will be very interesting.

And there we have it!!!!

(~ Michael Hewlett)

The allegation of 'concealment and destruction of evidence ' is really interesting, and assuming there is substance to the allegation, it begs the question 'why would anyone conceal and destroy evidence in a case where self defence is argued?'

And there we have it!!!!

(~ Michael Hewlett)

Now that's a curve ball .

The allegation of 'concealment and destruction of evidence ' is really interesting, and assuming there is substance to the allegation, it begs the question 'why would anyone conceal and destroy evidence in a case where self defence is argued?'

I have no idea what it refers to in this case.. what immediately sprung to mind was accessory after the fact.. article does not say.. it would suggest interfering with a crime scene in some way,perhaps.. but not supposed to be theorising.. could refer to Jason having been asleep the whole time, that he had not participated in any donnybrook and police knew it or evidence somehow proved it?
Could she be charged still? Criminally. I mean..
I am also wondering how come media stated 2 brothers would be witnesses when witness list has not been published ? And her name was not mentioned as witness?
Its totally bizarre.
Does anybody have any ideas what is going on.. both cases are now firmly interwoven.

Criminal and Civil Cases for the Same Assault

If the state decides to prosecute a defendant for criminal assault, the defendant cannot be sued in civil court for the same assault until the criminal case has concluded. If a civil case is already under way when a criminal case starts, the civil case is typically “stayed” (i.e. put on pause) until the criminal case has concluded.

The result in a criminal case, i.e. the defendant’s guilt or innocence and any other “findings of fact,” can be used as evidence in a civil case under a doctrine called “collateral estoppel.” Collateral estoppel is a complex rule that the judge in the civil case applies to determine whether the criminal findings can be used without having to prove everything a second time in the civil case.

It is difficult for even highly skilled attorneys to predict how a judge might apply collateral estoppel, but the general rule is that if the defendant had a full and fair opportunity to plead his case in the criminal trial, the results from the criminal trial will be applied in the civil court case.

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/personal-injury/civil-case-criminal-case-after-assault.html

Isn't really helping me understand SM involvement. But it's a little info.

Criminal and Civil Cases for the Same Assault

If the state decides to prosecute a defendant for criminal assault, the defendant cannot be sued in civil court for the same assault until the criminal case has concluded. If a civil case is already under way when a criminal case starts, the civil case is typically “stayed” (i.e. put on pause) until the criminal case has concluded.

The result in a criminal case, i.e. the defendant’s guilt or innocence and any other “findings of fact,” can be used as evidence in a civil case under a doctrine called “collateral estoppel.” Collateral estoppel is a complex rule that the judge in the civil case applies to determine whether the criminal findings can be used without having to prove everything a second time in the civil case.

It is difficult for even highly skilled attorneys to predict how a judge might apply collateral estoppel, but the general rule is that if the defendant had a full and fair opportunity to plead his case in the criminal trial, the results from the criminal trial will be applied in the civil court case.

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/personal-injury/civil-case-criminal-case-after-assault.html

Isn't really helping me understand SM involvement. But it's a little info.

need the law specific to NC.. and I'm not sure how the allegation would be defined in law if not accessory after the fact?

And there we have it!!!!

(~ Michael Hewlett)

Well I guess that answers the 'Where Was Sharon??' ...participating and destroying evidence apparently! So is the Trazadone Sharon's then? WAS there actually two bats?? Did Sharon bring the paving stone into the equation?

Two people admitted to hitting Jason, two people are charged. That implies there are no fingerprints linking anyone to the weapons...perhaps TM is covering for both of the women in his life. Perhaps that is why he sounds so lifeless in the 911 call...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea94