GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm exploring the possibility of it being a bruise or not. Thomas Martins himself said he was the main perpetrator acting in defense of another. That's what there is to disprove.

If you can show that TM "attacked the naked man in his sleep" then you solved the crime. Hopefully you have evidence to Prove he was killed in his sleep. Should that not be the case, it's unlikely the jury will hear that theory because the prosecution is bound to stick to disproving self defense.

I don't believe that extraneous theories can be introduced "on the fly". Same thing with additional charges for the jury to consider at the time of instructions. Perhaps the NC lawyer would be willing to clarify?

In the closing statements, the DA could weave a narrative, a storyline. He can suggest to the jury that they ask themselves certain questions. "You may ask yourself why Jason had a drug in his system that was prescribed to his wife. We can't answer that question for you...but it's a puzzle. You may ask yourself why Sharon Martens never came upstairs. You may ask yourself why Molly and her Father had not a scratch on them. As you consider the hard evidence of the horrific beatdown we HAVE given you, these are puzzles you may consider as you deliberate."

Today we may hear one or both opening narratives. Prayers for the Corbett/Lynch families as they sit through this.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...r-wedding-jason-corbetts-sister-34345782.html

At the time of the water faucet incident, I hadn't realised that JC was there. According to the report above it says he was, and ran into the Kichen to try and stop it. MC pushes him back and everyone is shouting for her to stop. For a women claiming to be a victim of DV, it seems very odd that she does physically push him away. I would think that the majority of DV victims would not dare do this to their abuser. She must also have great strength to push him back like that. IMO

Excellent point. This wasn't a woman living in fear. This was fat-shaming, aggressive individual empowered by her own mania.

Who did Molly fat shame?

Out to dinner with friends, a night or so before the murder, MM began berating Jason about his weight in front of them ,calling him a "fat ***" Jason left her there and went home alone. We have discussed the incident at length in earlier posts. Doesnt sound like the scared little girl so afraid of her husband, does it? Sounds like an arrogant bully-woman.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...ack-of-apology-from-the-martens-34348383.html

They were out having dinner with some friends on the Friday before he died when Molly started fat-shaming him," said the family friend.Jason always took it to heart and it upset him. He left Molly there that night and went home on his own. He was mortified. She used to always call him 'fat *advertiser censored*' and he never liked it."
Marilyn spoke out as sources close to the family claimed that Mr Corbett was being bullied by his wife in the weeks before his death.
In their eyes, we are nothing at all. They have destroyed our family's lives," she added.
Two days before he was killed, Mr Corbett left a social function in the US early after he became upset and annoyed at his wife jeering him about his weight.

Now most abused women would have assumed they'd have a beating waiting if they shamed their husband like that it front of friends. Not a scratch on her just a day or so later. Poor man was resigned to the ugly behavior of his bully-wife.

Most abused women would be terrified to trigger their abuser. I can still see my daughter, as we skyped, hesitating, choosing her words about her day so carefully, as he sat behind her...judging her every word (for punishment we learned later)

It is farcical fantasy to think a fearful abused woman would behave in such a deliberately provocative way.

Here's a thought. Time was running out and MM's options were running out. Was she actually trying to,provoke him...get a few marks on her...so she could try for custody before he left. She was confidant enough he wouldn't really hurt her...but she was getting desperate perhaps. When that failed, she summoned her parents..."He's decided that he's really leaving! Come now!"

Some of you that followed the Duke Lacrosse hoax may remember a very similar situation with that bipolar accuser.."put marks on me, it's what I want."

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/LegalCenter/story?id=2614634&page=1

"The second dancer in the Duke rape case has said for the first time that the accuser told her to "go ahead, put marks on me" after the alleged attack.

Dancer Kim Roberts made the new allegation -- which she has not shared with authorities -- in an interview with Chris Cuomo that aired today on "Good Morning America."

Watch Part Two of Chris Cuomo's Exclusive Report Tuesday on "Good Morning America."

Roberts' allegation comes after Durham District Attorney Mike Nifong's admission in court last week that he has not yet interviewed the accuser "about the facts of that night."

As she drove the accuser from the March 2006 Duke lacrosse party, Roberts told ABC News the woman was clearly impaired and "talking crazy."

Roberts said she tried several different times to get the accuser out of her car.

"The trip in that car from the house … went from happy to crazy," Roberts told Cuomo. "I tried all different ways to get through to her."

"I tried to be funny and nice," she said. "Then I tried to, you know, be stern with her. … We're kind of circling around, and as we're doing that, my last-ditch attempt to get her out of the car, I start to kind of, you know, push and prod her, you know."

Roberts said she told the woman, "Get out of my car. Get out of my car."

"I … push on her leg. I kind of push on her arm," Roberts said. "And clear as a bell, it's the only thing I heard clear as a bell out of her was, she said -- she pretty much had her head down, but she said plain as day -- 'Go ahead, put marks on me. That's what I want. Go ahead.'"

And Sara what about Jason Corbett's right to live? What about his daughter & son's right for their father to live? What about Jason Corbett's right to protect his children from the Martens?
I guess you think I'm Molly's friend Sara, but I'm not, Fairness. Thomas and Molly are the ones on trial today; that is why its about their rights at least until the end of the trial. IMO

What about the victims rights? Who was the victim?
What are we trying to work together here for if not the victim?

Defendants defend, victim need others to do so imo. Especially if they have admittedly been killed by said defendants. Are we here to exonerate mm and tm, personally I'm not because the evidence so far suggests that I could not imo. We seem to be having to defend the victim on the forum a lot of the time, rather than look to FACTS AND EVIDENCE already available to us.

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I guess you think I'm Molly's friend Sara, but I'm not, Fairness. Thomas and Molly are the ones on trial today; that is why its about their rights at least until the end of the trial. IMO

As far as I know MM doesn't have a friend Sara. There is a girl she casually knew through the kids that showed her abit of support, who MM then manipulated into fighting her battles online. Pity poor Sara, herself a genuine victim of DV now manipulated by MM, another victim in my eyes. To see her at court follow behind like a lap dog - well it just breaks my heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a thought. Time was running out and MM's options were running out. Was she actually trying to,provoke him...get a few marks on her...so she could try for custody before he left. She was confidant enough he wouldn't really hurt her...but she was getting desperate perhaps. When that failed, she summoned her parents..."He's decided that he's really leaving! Come now!"

Some of you that followed the Duke Lacrosse hoax may remember a very similar situation with that bipolar accuser.."put marks on me, it's what I want."

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/LegalCenter/story?id=2614634&page=1

"The second dancer in the Duke rape case has said for the first time that the accuser told her to "go ahead, put marks on me" after the alleged attack.

Dancer Kim Roberts made the new allegation -- which she has not shared with authorities -- in an interview with Chris Cuomo that aired today on "Good Morning America."

Watch Part Two of Chris Cuomo's Exclusive Report Tuesday on "Good Morning America."

Roberts' allegation comes after Durham District Attorney Mike Nifong's admission in court last week that he has not yet interviewed the accuser "about the facts of that night."

As she drove the accuser from the March 2006 Duke lacrosse party, Roberts told ABC News the woman was clearly impaired and "talking crazy."

Roberts said she tried several different times to get the accuser out of her car.

"The trip in that car from the house … went from happy to crazy," Roberts told Cuomo. "I tried all different ways to get through to her."

"I tried to be funny and nice," she said. "Then I tried to, you know, be stern with her. … We're kind of circling around, and as we're doing that, my last-ditch attempt to get her out of the car, I start to kind of, you know, push and prod her, you know."

Roberts said she told the woman, "Get out of my car. Get out of my car."

"I … push on her leg. I kind of push on her arm," Roberts said. "And clear as a bell, it's the only thing I heard clear as a bell out of her was, she said -- she pretty much had her head down, but she said plain as day -- 'Go ahead, put marks on me. That's what I want. Go ahead.'"
Yes indeed. I had always supposed she had invited her parents with the intention of staging an assault with witnesses present in order to get custody.
She needed witnesses though..
At some point the plan was changed..
I dont know who changed the plan but I am pretty sure it was not the victim.

But that would introduce an aspect of pre-meditation, would it not?
The phone records will tell a story.
Let it play out now.
He is not coming back and his children and family will never see him again.
That vacuum will never be filled.

To rob life itself from another human is the most shocking depraved crime against humanity.

Thanks marymead for putting your whole heart into this, for caring so deeply, for your beautiful writing and your mothering instinct. Thanks above all for your truth and your courage. You always inspire, and you always heal.
Namaste,

Yes indeed. I had always supposed she had invited her parents with the intention of staging an assault with witnesses present in order to get custody.
She needed witnesses though..
At some point the plan was changed..
I dont know who changed the plan but I am pretty sure it was not the victim.

But that would introduce an aspect of pre-meditation, would it not?
The phone records will tell a story.
Let it play out now.
He is not coming back and his children and family will never see him again.
That vacuum will never be filled.

To rob life itself from another human is the most shocking depraved crime against humanity.

Thanks marymead for putting your whole heart into this, for caring so deeply, for your beautiful writing and your mothering instinct. Thanks above all for your truth and your courage. You always inspire, and you always heal.
Namaste,

Love to you, dearest Kitty...for your loyalty and perseverance...and your brave and fearless heart.

Defendants defend, victim need others to do so imo. Especially if they have admittedly been killed by said defendants. Are we here to exonerate mm and tm, personally I'm not because the evidence so far suggests that I could not imo. We seem to be having to defend the victim on the forum a lot of the time, rather than look to FACTS AND EVIDENCE already available to us.

Jmo

Not all issues spoken about here will make it to the trial. We probably know about one tenth of the information that will be presented. That's why I'm waiting to hear the story before deciding if Thomas acted in self defense or not.

My understanding about why we are here is to discuss the case. We are all entitled to our own opinion. A lively debate usually encompasses both points of view. This entire trial is happening because Jason has rights and the state is prosecuting because he was killed. But if anything impedes the defendants' right to a fair trial then the verdict can be overturned on appeal. IMO

Jmo

I notice that when one is close to an event.. very close..that one assumes the characteristics of the event itself... its the strangest thing..

I follow and study terrorism.. and you are just in there and its fast trying to sort truth from lies and its hard because the info is coming so fast and the body count is rising and if its a suicide bomber, you feel as if you are part of the bomb itself, you become immersed.
Reality becomes interdimensional.. you feel it all, because thats the price you pay.. to witness.

Likewise we take on all the combined energies and dysfunctions of the people whose lives we engage with.
And the kaleidoscope of emotions feelings psyche and spirit become played out again, over and over, without catharsis, without resolution.

We self sacrifice at the foot of the shrine..
We wear it, we absorb it, we ingest it.. over and over.. and it cannot heal and it does not heal because some wounds are too deep.. or maybe because ultimately we do not seek healing, we seek instead revenge and to feed a spirit of malice that also infects us as observers..

That spirit will never be fed.. she must be quenched instead or exorcised... ultimately the challenge is to send her love and to send her forgiveness...
or be forever bound to her whims.
It stops when I say it stops.

We witnessed London, Orlando, Paris Syria, Gaza, Baton Rouge,
and we witnessed the massive outpouring of love that followed each monstrous event
and we knew that despite the savagery she had inflicted upon humanity, she was ultimately defeated.
Cos we get to do that too, as humans.. some grace is granted, bestowed, whatever.. and we can do what we thought was completely impossible. Through grace.

Trazodone isn't recommended for bipolar disorder. Isn't Sharon bipolar too?

I'm not too sure what Trazadone would actually prescribed for, just working off the suggestions which have been raised here previously. If not Molly's, then maybe Sharon's...would that warrant 'aiding & abetting' if her prescription was found in his blood stream. But I guess I am just theorising, probably better to wait for the trial itself.

Theres just a few points that dont appear accurate here, to my eyes.

Have you read the earlier threads at all? If you do, you will find we did some considerable research on Trazadone and its half life.. which means the speed at which the body metabolises the drug.
He had miniscule qty of the drug in his system on autopsy. we studied that. Based on our studies and research from peer reviewed and cited sources, we concluded that the drug qty was so minimal it is unlikely to have affected Jason at all

Our concerns arose because only a few drugs are screened in tox tests routinely.
It is possible jason was deeply unconscious when attacked and that the drug that produced that effect upon him had never been investigated at all because it was not on the routine test list. Therein lies the problem.
Regarding TM input, recall he was a trained FBI agent. He would also be trained to kill. Whereas I agree it took some strength to cause the damage that was described in the autopsy, another theory is that the force could have been achieved from a height, whether that was standing on a chair over a prone man or from a higher place remains to be seen.
It is possible that somebody else was present as well.

We know very little.
We do not have access to psych evaluations on either TM or MM or SM ..
I think TM should have been capable of micromanaging a different type of murder and a different technique of murder..

You rightly describe it as savagery.. its very complex.. many delusions.. many games..

I'm feeling immensely grateful to the two lawyers who kindly cast sanity last night.

I'm feeling better about it.. A whole lot better, a whole lot more sane and with far more trust in the judicial process that will begin in a few hours.

I think we put a lot of work in, its new territory for me..a hugely learning experience..
I learnt a lot about my own limits and I gained a massive respect for websleuths and the work here and I sincerely apologise for all the times we went AWOL. they were extraordinarily patient with us.

Its been a space to grow and to learn.
Next time, I would have a lot more understanding of and respect for the TOS.. I read them and I re-read them a million times but I could not grasp their deeper meaning.
Now, I begin to understand what victim friendly really means on every level.
(I had always intended to try to escape the 'legal stuff'.. now I realise it brings not only sanity but also catharsis and cohesion....

I hope the Corbett family are safe and protected and that justice really will be served, whatever the outcome of the trial.
Thanks everybody.

Molly would have pretty good upper body strength, she was a regular swimmer, jogger, and also was coached swim team so she definitely would have had the ability to smash paving stone in to Jason Corbett's head if he were drugged asleep and therefore defenseless to at least the first blows. http://amghoanet.com/Portals/9/2014_Meadowlands_Swim_Team.pdf The Autopsy report shows JC had cuts, etc to his left hand/arm, supposition being that at some point he tried to shield himself from continued attack by raising his left hand/arm to his head. I believe that by the time TM became aware of the situation, he and SM recognized that JC couldn't be allowed to survive, for he'd have pressed charges against MM, so TM "finished" MM attack on JC and then they waited for him to die, but perhaps he took too long. TM would have known they couldn't wait too long, as an autopsy would show that he had been attacked earlier than they were saying. SM, TM and Mike Earnest probably thought they could pull their story off, save them all, and also get the kids, pull the wool over a small County Sheriff and his dept. They had already planned his cremation and service within 2 days of the murder, obtained custody of the kids, firmly believing they had carried it off. They were wrong, the scene and their stories never added up to the police, I have no doubt that TM will try to take all the blame, say it was him, only him, sticking to the story he had to save Molly but I believe the Autopsy report will be their undoing.

[emoji172] saw last night's posts from lawyers[emoji122][emoji122]

It is plausible and she had strength but would find it difficult to explain to the degree of force used and there was two weapons used and both external to the house, this would point to there being a conspiracy of sorts prior or during the assault. Taking that view MM begun it with a masonry piece had knocked JC unconscious but was still alive, TM comes to her aid when she call out for it or JC screams and he runs to the bedroom sees JC unconscious then goes looking in the garage for a weapon such as JC golf clubs and first thing he finds is the baseball bat and he goes back to finish it off but that is going against his training in law enforcement first thing would be to stop the assault if there was no prior conspiracy. At that stage if JC not unconscious he would have called 911 and would have put up a more spirited defense and probably defended himself. Exploring this further possible with JC unconscious then there was an M war council of sort and the solution come to was to “finish the job” at least that would solve him taking away his kids. One would well ask then if JC was unconscious were the killers doing a regular heart check before continuing with the pulverisation. Having weapons external to the house would indicate premeditation even if it was a delayed one with TM involved in finishing off the job. If there was an emergency defense by TM it would be that of chair, broom handle, light stand that would be at hand that he would use. Still this theory is less plausible than the premeditated conspiracy one, that of the M war council deciding on an easy kill option on a drugged victim, getting the weapons, JC in a deep sllep, JC conscious squirming around his bedroom floor and that would take account of his defense hand injuries and the two assailants flaying at him and the frustration of him not dying quickly from the assault both MM and TM battering like lunatics. That’s how I dealt with a rat I found in my shed a while back, I batted till there was no more movement.

Another thing that concerns me was that it would seem JC was long dead before 3am, why was there was so much undigested stomach content. One would expect after 4hrs it would be gone if he had eaten before 10pm gone to bed before 11pm there would be practically none.

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/basics/transit.html

It is a puzzle what did spark the odyssey of what is a middle-class family that had no prior history in criminality into sheer savagery. There is no doubt the distraught of MM losing the kids was unimaginable and she had no bounds. There is also evidence that both TM and SM put pressure on JC to give MM adoption right so they were all on the same mission, the kids for Molly.

Will have to check this out again but I’m sure I read some place the drug trazodone continues to disintegrate in a corpse. I presume the dose he was given was the standard dosage that a prescribed patient takes at one time. The point here was there was a non prescribed sedative in JC system that had a sleep effect “Trazodone has biphasic elimination, with a redistribution half-life of about one hour and an elimination half-life of 10-12 hours.”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6764164
But for bruising or not bruising the police reports state that both MM and TM had no injuries then there is no evidence to support assault therefore it’s a non-runner the self-defence.

*** Embarrassed spelling error earlier post used wicket instead of wicked.

I notice that when one is close to an event.. very close..that one assumes the characteristics of the event itself... its the strangest thing..

I follow and study terrorism.. and you are just in there and its fast trying to sort truth from lies and its hard because the info is coming so fast and the body count is rising and if its a suicide bomber, you feel as if you are part of the bomb itself, you become immersed.
Reality becomes interdimensional.. you feel it all, because thats the price you pay.. to witness.

Likewise we take on all the combined energies and dysfunctions of the people whose lives we engage with.
And the kaleidoscope of emotions feelings psyche and spirit become played out again, over and over, without catharsis, without resolution.

We self sacrifice at the foot of the shrine..
We wear it, we absorb it, we ingest it.. over and over.. and it cannot heal and it does not heal because some wounds are too deep.. or maybe because ultimately we do not seek healing, we seek instead revenge and to feed a spirit of malice that also infects us as observers..

That spirit will never be fed.. she must be quenched instead or exorcised... ultimately the challenge is to send her love and to send her forgiveness...
or be forever bound to her whims.
It stops when I say it stops.

We witnessed London, Orlando, Paris Syria, Gaza, Baton Rouge,
and we witnessed the massive outpouring of love that followed each monstrous event
and we knew that despite the savagery she had inflicted upon humanity, she was ultimately defeated.
Cos we get to do that too, as humans.. some grace is granted, bestowed, whatever.. and we can do what we thought was completely impossible. Through grace.
Your right as you always are. That's why your a lady. [emoji171]

Justice for Jason, Justice for Jack and Sarah, Justice for the Corbetts. Xx

As far as I know MM doesn't have a friend Sara. There is a girl she casually knew through the kids that showed her abit of support, who MM then manipulated into fighting her battles online. Pity poor Sara, herself a genuine victim of DV now manipulated by MM, another victim in my eyes. To see her at court follow behind like a lap dog - well it just breaks my heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many real DV. victims bring their own pain to MM's "story." They see her "trapped" by her love for the children, as they perhaps once were. They choose to ignore all of Mollys options...the overwhelmingly supportive family with both legal knowledge AND financial wherewithal. They choose to ignore her volunteer activities for DV where she learned of every service and shelter they offer. They choose to ignore NC law which would have goven her an excellent chance at custody. Molly was not "trapped." But women like Sara choose to ignore this.

Women like Sara choose not to ask questions about her story. How was she screaming loud enough to be heard downstairs and yet being choked to death at the same time? That's impossible. Women like Sara choose to ignore the brazen public fat shaming that proved she had no fear of a later beating. They choose to ignore Maginn's book and all it tells us about her chaotic and poorly managed bipolar disease. No they choose to believe Molly was miraculously cured. Poor Molly, more sinned against than sinning. And her brave Dad. They choose to ignore the autopsy which proves they JUST WOULD NOT STOP. The article this morning says an actual piece of his brain was on the wall! Good God! And TM just isn't sure if he killed him??

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-as-deep-south-tries-miss-molly-35958025.html

The saddest thing about women like Sara is that they seem to believe that women don't lie about abuse. I have read many articles stating that women don't lie about rape with the same mantra. So they advocate for and put their energy behind every accuser. "Sister Survivor."

But false accusers of rape or DV do terrible damage to the real victims of these crimes that follow them and must bear the burdens of their lies. How many really suffering women are dismissed because of huge publicized stories
Ike the fiasco of the Rolling Stone "Rape on Campus" story that blew apart so notoriously? This is another big story, isn't it?

Women like Sara also own MM's actions going forward. They have so supported her, vouched for her, whipped up antagonism toward Jason and the Corbett family...that if she goes free, they best pray every night that Molly Martens does not do further damage to their cause with her future behavior...

Or worse yet, that she does not hurt or kill anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member