GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I understand from the opening statement of council for TM is that when he first arrived on the scene in JC bedroom JC was chocking MC with his hands around her throat and he then went into an arm-lock around her neck. Surely then one would think JC had a shield using MC and someone in such a position would face her on TM and it would be difficult to actually strike at JC especially for a much smaller frailer man. Molly would be the first recipients of TM blows and putting myself in JC place I would push forward on TM using the MM shield till I pushed him over. The vast majority of JC massive injuries were in the back of his head and was attacked from the back. It’s not a plausible explanation and these are the residues of TM pre-emptive statement to police coming back to haunt him just like the alleged JC apology in the alleged assault of MC. Looking at yesterday’s Ms' arrival in court I thought TM is showing the pressure and MM just totally dislocated. If TM takes the stand which I think he has to give any credibility to his defense the prosecution will have a field day picking holes.

It looks like they are trying to find ways to explain away the evidence that will be shown; blood in the hallway and bathroom becomes he was dragging her around like the hulk from room to room whilst being struck by TM. Injury to the dorsum of his left arm becomes he had his arm around her neck whilst TM was striking him to let go - how MM managed to suffer NO injury is not explained.

All IMO

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by stephanddoody
Im not sure but Shannon grubb is supposed to be a witness and she was there, Lynn is there also and she is a witness for the prosecution

Ok thanks stephen. I wasnt sure about that. I dont think it is allowed in Ireland , just wondering was it same here. Just seems a little odd to me that TMs lawyers would say something like that , that can be easily challenged by someone in the room but then again its up to the prosecution to challenge it and if they dont, who will. I think there are a lot of tactics at play by the Defence which makes me think they have something major up their sleeve imo.

A big NO NO in criminal trials (but curiously not in civil trials), a prosecution witness is not allowed to listen to the other witnesses testify at the trial before they give their own testimony. This is so ones testimony is not influenced by what the other witnesses say, or by any other evidence presented at the trial. These are the rules in Ireland and the UK and I would believe in all Common Law systems or what originated from. This applies to Canada too and I’m sure USA.

Im pretty sure Wc will take the stand and say when he visited and verify it with pictures . As far as I am aware they are still going ahead with the wedding lie but I'm sure they have something to debunk that also ... We will have to wait and see I suppose . As for the reporting I have seen none that have been clear about everything. There are few reporters there reporting Catherine fegan has been reporting since the beginning and obviously has an interest in this case She was the one that brought Keith out of the shadows . I'm sure the jury is observing the emotions of all parties there also. I'm not sure fox 8 is a reputable source of information either but there you go it is what it is . The journalists are trying to sell a story who would have thought ..

JC first wife’s mother is prob too frail to travel and prob not up to the court but there certainly could and has happened between Ireland and the USA before the using of evidence over a video link as you know JC first wife’s father is deceased. This is prob why the defense is trying to muddy the water and create confusion in hope. As for calling a witness in court if the prosecution was not put on prior notice of defense evidence and to debunk a defense allegation there is no reason why a witness in court during the trial couldn’t be called. The defense case is usually one that unwinds in the trial.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by stephanddoody
Im not sure but Shannon grubb is supposed to be a witness and she was there, Lynn is there also and she is a witness for the prosecution

A big NO NO in criminal trials (but curiously not in civil trials), a prosecution witness is not allowed to listen to the other witnesses testify at the trial before they give their own testimony. This is so ones testimony is not influenced by what the other witnesses say, or by any other evidence presented at the trial. These are the rules in Ireland and the UK and I would believe in all Common Law systems or what originated from. This applies to Canada too and I’m sure USA.

http://criminal.lawyers.com/criminal-law-basics/excluding-witnesses-from-the-courtroom.html

It seems that both sides have the right to ask for sequestration of a witness or witnesses prior to trial. But without that request, they can be in the courtroom.

JC first wife’s mother is prob too frail to travel and prob not up to the court but there certainly could and has happened between Ireland and the USA before the using of evidence over a video link as you know JC first wife’s father is deceased. This is prob why the defense is trying to muddy the water and create confusion in hope. As for calling a witness in court if the prosecution was not put on prior notice of defense evidence and to debunk a defense allegation there is no reason why a witness in court during the trial couldn’t be called. The defense case is usually one that unwinds in the trial.
Mags mother is not attending but as you said there are other ways of disputing the wedding lie as we seem to be calling it . The laws to NC are specific only to Nc I can't be certain as I haven't seen the witness lists and I don't know the NC law of witnesses attending trial . Shannon Grubb however did give testimony in the pretrial and as Mollys BFF and closet friend of 4 years I assumed she would again .and in a newspaper article Lynn said she couldn't go into detail for legal reasons she is also attending the trial .
In 2012, I went over to see where they lived and where they worked to try to get a feel for them as a family over there. I can’t really talk about that trip [for legal reasons]. Everything had changed.’
http://evoke.ie/news/jason-corbett-wasnt-ready-to-marry-claims-best-friend
[FONT=&amp]The court heard that in June and July 2013, Ms Martens, 31, told family friend Lynn Shannahan that she had sought legal advice on custody of the children in the event of [/FONT]a divorce[FONT=&amp].
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The court also heard that in the autumn of 2014, Molly Corbett spoke to her attorney about her rights to the children.[/FONT]
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/jason-corbett-slain-mans-wife-6285576

It looks like they are trying to find ways to explain away the evidence that will be shown; blood in the hallway and bathroom becomes he was dragging her around like the hulk from room to room whilst being struck by TM. Injury to the dorsum of his left arm becomes he had his arm around her neck whilst TM was striking him to let go - how MM managed to suffer NO injury is not explained.

All IMO

Difficult to hit an arm in a neck lock the arm is shielded by neck especially for a much smaller weaker man and just too farfetched that JC was running about evading TM blows and not confronting him especially he having a shield of MC. And none of them injured and of the four adults in house no one dialed 911. One would imagine as a law enforcer he would be well aware in an emergency notify another party not part of the confrontation to alert the emergency services not till JC is dead.

I wonder if the stomach contents can tell us about when they were consumed? Because that might give us an idea when he went to bed. So even if the Defense says he took that drug himself...as Searchin Girl pointed out...he should have gotten 3-4 hours of deep sleep. If he ate something...a snack...around 11-to midnight...he should have been sleeping till 3AM.

That gives us an idea if he was sleeping when attack started.

At this point, Mr Freedman said Mr Martens used a baseball bat he had brought from Tennessee for his grandson to try to protect his daughter and himself.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...artens-before-fight-trial-hears-35968833.html

Forgive me, I'm catching up this may have been discussed.

Has the bat from the garage been ruled out then? The detectives removed a bat and one from garage was missing? questioning this story about a new bat being used. Did I miss something here? Is it now fact he did bring a new bat

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_4504.jpg
    IMG_4504.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4505.jpg
    IMG_4505.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 103
The trial will be a wild ride but justice will be served and the Corbett family will then live their life in peace. Hugs to Jason's family for the duration of the trial.

[video=twitter;890211891003486209]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890211891003486209[/video]

I hate that they pick and choose what the jury hears. They did what they did. This is science. Too bad if it shows a savage nature.

Ok thanks stephen. I wasnt sure about that. I dont think it is allowed in Ireland , just wondering was it same here. Just seems a little odd to me that TMs lawyers would say something like that , that can be easily challenged by someone in the room but then again its up to the prosecution to challenge it and if they dont, who will. I think there are a lot of tactics at play by the Defence which makes me think they have something major up their sleeve imo.

I think its going to be all about the wording, so the super dodgy journalism is definitely not helping! I presume what they will state is that Tom & Sharon hadn't seen the kids in Wallburg in six months, rather than hadn't seen them at all in six months.

At least the pathologist is allowed give their observation

[video=twitter;890215610751352832]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890215610751352832[/video]

At least the pathologist is allowed give their observation

[video=twitter;890215610751352832]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890215610751352832[/video]

Stephan do we know if all photos are to be shown or have the defence managed to get some withheld?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2