GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;892462404856139777]https://twitter.com/tvtdaniel/status/892462404856139777[/video]

So left there long enough for blood to dry and moved from original position

Prosecutors called Joanne Lowry, who worked with Martens at Oak Ridge Laboratory in the Counterintelligence Office in Tennessee, to help prove malice, an element of second-degree murder.

Lowry testified that she and Martens were co-workers and colleagues and worked together for about eight years. Martens and Lowry no longer work at Oak Ridge Laboratory. Lowry was the coordinator of sensitive foreign traffic, which required her to have one of the highest security clearances from the U.S. Department of Energy.

Prosecutors called Joanne Lowry, who worked with Martens at Oak Ridge Laboratory in the Counterintelligence Office in Tennessee, to help prove malice, an element of second-degree murder.

Lowry testified that she and Martens were co-workers and colleagues and worked together for about eight years. Martens and Lowry no longer work at Oak Ridge Laboratory. Lowry was the coordinator of sensitive foreign traffic, which required her to have one of the highest security clearances from the U.S. Department of Energy.

Winston Salem Journal article linked above.

This is one impressive lady testifying against Tom.

So, Thomas Martens claims that the reason he & SM visited so suddenly on the Saturday was because he had not seen his daughter or (step) grandchildren for six months.

http://www.wxii12.com/article/first...rial-includes-graphic-photos-details/10386882

but.....

he had seen them, two months before JC death

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ated-soninlaw-jason-court-hears-35989680.html
Some conflicting reporting going on again. The journal article posted says on cross, she couldn't recall exactly when in 2015 he told her the kids had been down etc

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;892463708022210560]https://twitter.com/tvtdaniel/status/892463708022210560[/video]

Some conflicting reporting going on again. The journal article posted says on cross, she couldn't recall exactly when in 2015 he told her the kids had been down etc

Yes, the Journal also says:

"Outside the presence of the jury, Lowry also testified that Martens made his dislike for Jason well-known among the counterintelligence unit, which was comprised of about 13 people.

But she couldn't provide any specific statements that Martens made to other people who worked in the unit."

So that testimony was not allowed in front of the jurors.

All in all, not a very impressive witness IMO.

Hey all, checking in from the hols so slightly behind! Bernie, do you have a screen shot of the article on Sunday? Would be extremely interested to read it.

Here's my opinion, nothing more.

TM has a good job but in the scheme of things, he and his wife are not any American social elite. But they seem to want to pose as if they are aristocracy for some reason. It's one thing to be proud. It's another to be prideful. I have thought for a long time, from numerous social media posts, that they are prideful.

My feeling about Molly's early bout with her illness, is that they set her adrift. She was an embarrassment to their facade of perfection and superiority. She was supposed to be the beautiful Clemson coed studying for a really good job.

We could never find any evidence she was at or graduated from Clemson. When her illness strikes and she's on way too many medications, and cycling through mania and depression...is she home where they can care for her?
No, she is in an apartment they purchased...maybe so the neighbors won't clue into her mental problems? How sad for her.

Someone enabled her to leave the inpatient mental health facility and travel,to Ireland to care for 2 infants. Someone paid the fare. Out of sight, out of mind. Mom only visits twice. Dad never at all.

This is cold, in my opinion.

Then there is the matter of the wedding. If Jason did indeed pay for this...who were they trying to impress as if they could afford that expenditure? As if they, the Southern aristocrats, were funding a lavish wedding.

Having Molly back on their hands and Jason gone back to Ireland, would be a blow to their "images" and their lifestyle. Just the carping at work about him, his family, his Irish friends...that's someone who thinks HE is a class above.

And this coverup...he thinks he's smarter as well.

We shall see.
Wonder If there a chance molly came to Ireland to get away from her parents, put an ocean between them??? . If he hated every boyfriend she had and was opinionated on people's behaviour and religion, screams of control freak to me. She married jason of her own accord, he wasn't able to stop it happening even though he didn't like him so perhaps was an interfering overbearing inlaw contributing to the discord in their marriage even though they were four hours apart. Just another way if looking at the family dynamic.

Actually it does say about 2 months before On journal article
About two months before Jason Corbett died on Aug. 2, 2015, Lowry said she sat beside Martens on a Monday and asked him how his weekend went.
"Oh, the kids came home, and we're always glad to see them come home but we're glad to see them leave," Lowry said Martens told her.

I think they were asking for a specific date . Point of the whole thing is Tom declared he hated Jason . Hate is a very strong word IMO

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

" Under cross-examination by David Freedman, Martens' attorney, Lowry said she couldn't remember exactly when in 2015 that Martens made the statement about Jason Corbett"

I was referring to the above statement made further into the article. I was assuming this referred to the same conversation unless there was another conversation she referred to that wasn't reported on. It's V possible with the rubbish reporting going on.

A brilliant witness- her testimony lead to 13 further possible witnesses in CT.. high clearance, top security, impeccable possibilities, just waiting in the wings..

Certainly a formidable list for the defence to attempt to break.
I hope they call them. It would not be correct for her to name them, but its certainly not rocket-science finding them..

[video=twitter;892462404856139777]https://twitter.com/tvtdaniel/status/892462404856139777[/video]

How long would it take for the blood to dry ? I'm finding it hard to believe 911 was called as soon as he went down .

Remember that reporter seems to be carrying water for the Defense. Maybe she couldn't remember if it was Tuesday or Wednesday. That doesn't mean she does not know the general time frame. If you asked me when I made a certain post here...I could say...well, the trial was underway. It was in the morning. But I couldn't swear what day.

A brilliant witness- her testimony lead to 13 furthrt possible witnesses in CT.. high clearance, top security, impeccable possibilities, just waiting in the wings..

Certainly a formidable list for the defence to attempt to break.
I hope they call them. It would not be correct for her to name them, but its certainly not rocket-science finding them..
So true and if defence are are lording tm employment history as some sort of character reference, this lady should be allowed same. But then again it goes against martens story so let's just ignore it, flip it back on JC and move on. #givingup

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Remember that reporter seems to be carrying water for the Defense. Maybe she couldn't remember if it was Tuesday or Wednesday. That doesn't mean she does not know the general time frame. If you asked me when I made a certain post here...I could say...well, the trial was underway. It was in the morning. But I couldn't swear what day.

Yes that paper is heavily promoted on both Holton and Freedmans fb pages long after poor Jason is forgotten in Winston Salem these companies will feed information to them regarding other cases . You don't bite the hand that feeds you IMO
https://www.facebook.com/holtonlaw/
https://www.facebook.com/CFPWLaw/

So true and if defence are are lording tm employment history as some sort of character reference, this lady should be allowed same. But then again it goes against martens story so let's just ignore it, flip it back on JC and move on. #givingup

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Don't give up. Just think of the Defense like annoying flies at a picnic. TheProsecution is putting on a very good case. So far, the Judge seems very fair in his rulings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokerhyme