GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only catching up today, but boy was that a powerful closing by the prosecution!!

I like how they kept it simple, gross overkill negates self defense...nothing else matters.

This has been a tough case for a jury to sit through and witness, I do not envy their position right now.

Lawyer in Jason Corbett trial bangs bat against table to demonstrate force of impact http://jrnl.ie/3536482

"[Malice] feels like 'I hate him and I want those kids'" Martin exclaimed as he banged the brick against a table."

Powerful closing you could almost hear the brick without being in the room. IMO

Martin ended his two-hour closing argument by stating that Corbett did not have to die. “You have a duty to return a verdict that will deliver justice for Jason,” Martin said.

http://www.thejournal.ie/jason-corbett-murder-trial-2-3536482-Aug2017/?utm_source=shortlink

The prosecutor switched to testimonies that stated Martens Corbett was rubbing her neck, which he believed was another sign of dishonesty.
“It might get a first grader out of school, but it ought not to get Molly Corbett out of murder,” Martin said.

They also had a written statement from MM to compare with TM & MM's recorded interviews. I wouldn't be shocked if all 3 were different. :blushing:

My understanding from the pieces of the jigsaw that I saw suggested the written statement was made immediately , either directly before or directly after the interview.
Possibly before it so she could be questioned on it.
A thing that is puzzling me is reports that jury were given copies of mm and tm statements at the outset, yet they apparently requested them again yesterday??

My understanding from the pieces of the jigsaw that I saw suggested the written statement was made immediately , either directly before or directly after the interview.
A thing that is puzzling me is reports that jury were given copies of mm and tm statements at the outset, yet they apparently requested them again yesterday??

I wonder do they get them to read during the trial and then they are taken away? I assume they wouldn't have anywhere to keep them during the trial as they are going home each evening.

Did Molly's fat shaming come up in the trial? Did the Kevin Maginn book come up at all? Cos that would've helped piece together Molly's abusive and manipulative behavior patterns.

Would Jason have one less crushing blow to his skull, if they saw those videos? Would his layered fractures, his broken nose, his fractured left hand, the imprints of that brick...all have looked less sinister if they could hear her teary baby voice, feeling so sorry for her sore neck?

What could possibly be on there that would justify the overkill? What could MM possibly say when the blood spatter is down near the floorboards and one can see his head smear sinking to the floor?

What words can she tell them that make that okay?

How many tears till, they say...oh okay.

If she had something to say...she could testify, but then she would be cross examnined. She wanted it HER way. Just HER way. No chance for anyone to counter her on behalf of the man she mercilessly battered.
HER way or no way.
For those of you who may have seen the short clip on monday of her striding fast out of the court?
The mail refers to it today, for those of you have access, I dont get mail but somebody sent me a screenshot!
she was having a tantrum!
Stormed out a side door of the court, almost fell over several tripods, having disliked a comment or two of greg Brownes'!

I would not like to share a cell with that woman!

HER way or no way.
For those of you who may have seen the short clip on monday of her striding fast out of the court?
The mail refers to it today, for those of you have access, I dont get mail but somebody sent me a screenshot!
Stormed out a side door of the court, almost fell over several tripods, having disliked a comment or two of greg Brownes'!

No way?! Really?? In front of the jurors??

I would love to read that. Has anyone got a link? Where's Stephen Doody when you need him? lol

HER way or no way.

No way?! Really?? In front of the jurors??
Seriously!
There should be livestreams in every court room in the world!
am sure the clip is pasted here.. I certainly watched it a few times.. Yes, it is here! I remember making a comment to the effect of hoping she didn't come into contact with too many bricks!
Something else, eh?

I might be remembering this wrong, but it was my impression she did a police interview the morning of JC's death, plus she wrote a statement. So these are two separate documents where she recounts what happened that night. The transcript/ video (?) of the interview was not available to the jury but the statement was. The defense and the prosecution would have each had their own reasons for not providing both pieces of evidence, but seeing they both made the same decision, there wasn't that much value in it for either side.
However, the defense did have a go at the prosecution, saying at the closing that they hadn't provided this piece of evidence. A low blow, designed to establish reasonable doubt, but hopefully the jury can figure out that the defense could have provided the evidence and Molly had the opportunity to make a fresh statement on the stand.

HER way or no way.

I think this is the link to the tantrum you are talking about... she storms ahead of her father as if he's not there...

https://twitter.com/AlexRoseNews/status/894594187840151557/video/1

I might be remembering this wrong, but it was my impression she did a police interview the morning of JC's death, plus she wrote a statement. So these are two separate documents where she recounts what happened that night. The transcript/ video (?) of the interview was not available to the jury but the statement was. The defense and the prosecution would have each had their own reasons for not providing both pieces of evidence, but seeing they both made the same decision, there wasn't that much value in it for either side.
However, the defense did have a go at the prosecution, saying at the closing that they hadn't provided this piece of evidence. A low blow, designed to establish reasonable doubt, but hopefully the jury can figure out that the defense could have provided the evidence and Molly had the opportunity to make a fresh statement on the stand.

Its quite possible the judge disallowed it, too!

It’s obvious the M regard the whole extended C family and the F as a sub-human species. The whole F saga of TM is really scurrilous and offensive and I’m sure weight heavily on the F family and goes to show a new low to make up such allegations. It would seem the only think good about them was their two kids Jack and Sarah and reading between the lines I believe they felt they were giving them the best option the “All American” way of life. And this was best achieved was writing the whole C family out of their life. The heartless campaign of the M extended family after this is indicative of this. Not an iota to the pain and suffering of the C family just because of their blood lust and the future wellbeing of the two kids. And this thing of “Molly is a good mother” really angers with me. Just MM was the best cheerleader didn’t make her a great mum. She had no comprehension of the kids as orphans and the killing of their father on their future. As I write this I’m aware of so many single mothers out there bringing kids up alone with absent fathers and the effort they put into ensuring the kids have relationships with their fathers. And this involves driving them long distances, waiting and often buying birthday card and presents for the kids for their absent fathers. But the mothers would tell you it’s just so important that kids have a “father figure” in their lives (these may not be great fathers) but its best for the kids and for their future development. And then again there are so many separated families and the fathers make such an effort to keep contact with their kids. I also know kids that have fathers that make no effort to be part of their lives and they keep asking why don’t they and it a big part of their ponderings. But the whole think of better off for the kids the totally taking their father out of their lives is so sick and so offensive to motherhood.

What would the jury find of interest in the videos? Even if the video led them to believe the Martens version of how this murder started...DV and threats...the blood spatter evidence proves they lied about how it transpired from there.

Jason did not have bleeding shin injuries. They were not hitting him on the shins with the bat in order for blood spatter to be 2ft or less above the floorboards.

They hitbwhen he was down...not to stop him...but to kill him.

In what civilized society is that allowed? Are we going to let the "I was so scared" defense apply across the Board..."Oh I thought that man is the parking lot might run me down...I was so scared...I shot him him till he was dead."

"Oh I saw your daughter walking toward me shouting something and she made me so scared, I beat her till I knew she'd never survive."

If jurors feel they need more than the overkill...have to get out their crying towels to understand MM and TM...then this society of our has denigrated into one that allows the abuse excuse to now extend to the most horrific murders.

[video=twitter;895242026463133701]https://twitter.com/kittyf21/status/895242026463133701[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx