GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning fellow sleuthers!

The prosecution’s closing was extremely powerful from reading the soundbites, snippets and descriptions. I like when a lawyer interjects quotes that resound with the jury and serve as an earworm of sorts. There is the infamous quote that everyone remembers “If it doesn’t fit you must acquit”.

Not that anyone wants to read another theory, particularly mine lol, I will add it to serve as a distraction while we wait for the verdict. Even though premeditation can be formed in an instant, I do not believe that the killing was preplanned with TM ahead of time. I think TM, with all his law enforcement experience and attorney background would have come up with a lot better plan to kill someone that was cleaner and less risky. I believe there are small pieces of his testimony that are true. However, I think it was Molly who was swinging the bat. JC was initially attacked on the bed as he slept and in a daze got out of bed to try to escape the assault. MC kept swinging, making contact but missing a few times pounding the wall and this might have been what awakened TM. Considering he was a guest and did not know where items were kept he exited out to the backyard and grabbed the paving stone. As he entered the master bedroom he might have seen JC approaching MC and grabbing the bat away from her. TM then hits JC with the paving stone a few times.

When asked about the paving stone on the witness stand TM stated he didn’t remember and I think that was his way of distancing himself from it. He said he didn’t recall MC hitting JC with the paving stone and that complies with my theory. He didn’t see it because he was the one with the paving stone.

The prosecution’s closing was extremely powerful from reading the soundbites, snippets and descriptions. I like when a lawyer interjects quotes that resound with the jury and serve as an earworm of sorts. There is the infamous quote that everyone remembers “If it doesn’t fit you must acquit”.

Not that anyone wants to hear another theory, particularly mine lol, I will add it to serve as a distraction while we wait for the verdict. Even though premeditation can be formed in an instant, I do not believe that the killing was preplanned with TM ahead of time. I think TM, with all his law enforcement experience and attorney background would have come up with a lot better plan to kill someone that was cleaner and less risky. I believe there are small pieces of his testimony that are true. However, I think it was Molly who was swinging the bat. JC was initially attacked on the bed as he slept and in a daze got out of bed to try to escape the assault. MC kept swinging, making contact but missing a few times pounding the wall and this might have been what awakened TM. Considering he was a guest and did not know where items were kept he exited out to the backyard and grabbed the paving stone. As he entered the master bedroom he might have seen JC approaching MC and grabbing the bat away from her. TM then hits JC with the paving stone a few times.

When asked about the paving stone on the witness stand TM stated he didn’t remember and I think that was his way of distancing himself from it. He said he didn’t recall MC hitting JC with the paving stone and that complies with my theory. He didn’t see it because he was the one with the paving stone.

Excellent post!! Well reasoned and thought through, it would also tie in with the theory from the prosecution that TM is trying to outwit the detectives and the jurors.

Not that anyone wants to hear another theory, particularly mine lol, I will add it to serve as a distraction while we wait for the verdict. Even though premeditation can be formed in an instant, I do not believe that the killing was preplanned with TM ahead of time. I think TM, with all his law enforcement experience and attorney background would have come up with a lot better plan to kill someone that was cleaner and less risky. I believe there are small pieces of his testimony that are true. However, I think it was Molly who was swinging the bat. JC was initially attacked on the bed as he slept and in a daze got out of bed to try to escape the assault. MC kept swinging, making contact but missing a few times pounding the wall and this might have been what awakened TM. Considering he was a guest and did not know where items were kept he exited out to the backyard and grabbed the paving stone. As he entered the master bedroom he might have seen JC approaching MC and grabbing the bat away from her. TM then hits JC with the paving stone a few times.

Brilliant post i believe Molly was the aggressor too . I believe Tom hit him when he was unconscious to make it look like self defence . I believe he's covering for her like he has done all her life . Molly is strong and I think it's nothing at all to do with money just being told NO it's over I'm leaving you can't say anything to change my mind that's it DONE. She's used of getting her own way and in her drug and drink fueled mind she thought get rid of Jason and job complete. She would have the kids go through the trauma of the courtroom if she had them just to back up her story . She DID NOT know about the Irish will . She thought she could keep her identity because it's the first time she fit in not because of her love for the children but because of her own selfish reasons .

just to add her fb posts of how the Corbetts would teach the children to hate her and only trying to get Jason's estate is actually what she would have done herself had she been given the opportunity. She did not count on the strength of Jason's family . She didn't know the love they had for him because she is incapable of feeling love

When asked about the paving stone on the witness stand TM stated he didn't remember and I think that was his way of distancing himself from it. He said he didn’t recall MC hitting JC with the paving stone and that complies with my theory. He didn’t see it because he was the one with the paving stone.

Also, as TM denies any knowledge of the brick, even though we and the jury know it was used to strike JC as not only was there hair & blood on it, there was also tissue, so under his scenario MM was the one wielding the brick which he states that she confirmed after the attack. So based on his scenario, she either used it before he entered which would mean that JC was covered in blood when he entered or he closed his eyes during the entire attack. His statement is not credible. I buy your version that TM was possibly the one using the brick.

Does anybody know why the case became so tight?
We were expecting a he said, she said with lots of witnesses, lots of forensic experts, lots of science and tons of results of search warrants.
What happened?
Why?

We were expecting a he said, she said with lots of witnesses, lots of forensic experts, lots of science and tons of results of search warrants.
What happened?
Why?

I think it came down to money/funds. The state thought it had enough evidence to accomplish or establish guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and didn't want to burden taxpayers by drawing out the trial. Forensic experts and scientists are expensive and I am sure TM was paying for MC's defense team as well as his own. He decided to take the fall and wanted to leave a small nest egg for SM to live on.

What happened?
Why?

I think it remained tight because for the prosecution, tight wins. Keep everyone focused on the 'heinous, atrocious and cruel' and that wins the case, everything else just muddies the waters. They tried to re-focus everyone on the victim in the case, Jason.

As for the defense, they obviously didn't have any evidence to support the narrative Molly has been weaving in public over the last two years. Its funny, eliminate Molly from the story and there is no defense IMO.

I think it came down to money/funds. The state thought it had enough evidence to accomplish or establish guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and didn't want to burden taxpayers by drawing out the trial. Forensic experts and scientists are expensive and I am sure TM was paying for MC's defense team as well as his own. He decided to take the fall and wanted to leave a small nest egg for SM to live on.

Thats the only thing that makes sense . Thank you.

Not that anyone wants to read another theory, particularly mine lol, I will add it to serve as a distraction while we wait for the verdict. Even though premeditation can be formed in an instant, I do not believe that the killing was preplanned with TM ahead of time. I think TM, with all his law enforcement experience and attorney background would have come up with a lot better plan to kill someone that was cleaner and less risky. I believe there are small pieces of his testimony that are true. However, I think it was Molly who was swinging the bat. JC was initially attacked on the bed as he slept and in a daze got out of bed to try to escape the assault. MC kept swinging, making contact but missing a few times pounding the wall and this might have been what awakened TM. Considering he was a guest and did not know where items were kept he exited out to the backyard and grabbed the paving stone. As he entered the master bedroom he might have seen JC approaching MC and grabbing the bat away from her. TM then hits JC with the paving stone a few times.

I like this theory - I always think it is a "tell" when a liar gets vague about a specific piece of evidence; in this case, TM is distancing himself from the paving stone, and associating himself strongly with the bat. Maybe they thought it was easier to make a logical story about how the bat got into the bedroom via TM. The idea of picking up a bat because you are concerned about an intruder is something people relate to (my grandmother kept a cricket bat under her bed as protection against intruders, something we grandchildren thought was hilarious). It's less easy to explain why Molly would have the bat in there.
They've distanced Molly from the bat, and distanced both of them from the paving stone, but unless they are both covering for SM, it would make more sense that MC took the bat in there herself and TM picked up an implement to "help" or at least to make the carnage look like a 2 person job.
I always thought it was significant that TM recoiled when the emergency operator told him to do CPR - all that whining about the blood etc. It sounded like he'd just walked in there and didn't really want to look at anything or touch anything. What a shame he didn't get that sensitive when the bat was swinging around.

[video=twitter;895277502507233281]https://twitter.com/AlexRoseNews/status/895277502507233281[/video]

[video=twitter;895277502507233281]https://twitter.com/AlexRoseNews/status/895277502507233281[/video]
First day mm has brought a bag I think. Maybe she's come prepared for few years away.

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

First day mm has brought a bag I think. Maybe she's come prepared for few years away.

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk
well I hope security checks it before allowing her in same room as Corbetts!

Brilliant post i believe Molly was the aggressor too . I believe Tom hit him when he was unconscious to make it look like self defence . I believe he's covering for her like he has done all her life . Molly is strong and I think it's nothing at all to do with money just being told NO it's over I'm leaving you can't say anything to change my mind that's it DONE. She's used of getting her own way and in her drug and drink fueled mind she thought get rid of Jason and job complete. She would have the kids go through the trauma of the courtroom if she had them just to back up her story . She DID NOT know about the Irish will . She thought she could keep her identity because it's the first time she fit in not because of her love for the children but because of her own selfish reasons .

just to add her fb posts of how the Corbetts would teach the children to hate her and only trying to get Jason's estate is actually what she would have done herself had she been given the opportunity. She did not count on the strength of Jason's family . She didn't know the love they had for him because she is incapable of feeling love
this forum is thinking outside the box today :) From some of the comments i am reading today it appears the thinking is leaning more toward MC doing the killing and TC arriving a little later . Can I interpret this to mean many in the group would be ok with TC being convicted of MS and MC being convicted of Murder 2nd? Or does this mean we really don't know what happened by whom so both are guilty of same offense? This case has had me more baffled than any case has done in a long time.

Just a little thing that has been going around in my head. I have lived in Ireland for over 40 years and the one thing I know is that we swear too much. Its almost part of our language . It was one of the things that TM didn't like about Jason and his friends is that they drank and cuss too much. According to TM when he went into the bedroom JC had MM by the throat and said "I'm going to kill her". In my experience an angry Irish man that cuss too much would have said "I'm going to ******ing kill her"

Just a little thing that has been going around in my head. I have lived in Ireland for over 40 years and the one thing I know is that we swear too much. Its almost part of our language . It was one of the things that TM didn't like about Jason and his friends is that they drank and cuss too much. According to TM when he went into the bedroom JC had MM by the throat and said "I'm going to kill her". In my experience an angry Irish man that cuss too much would have said "I'm going to ******ing kill her"

That is SUCH a sharp observation!
Brilliant.
We do indeed and for sure it would have been used, if he swore habitually.. most of us do..

Well spotted.

Also remember opening statements.. defence said that jason told tm he new he shouldn't be doing what he was doing, he was sorry..
then completely omitted it when testifying.

I think I agree with most of this post (not sure I agree with if a man hears his daughter scream in middle of night that a dad would run outside rather than directly toward the scream). My basic instinct little thoughts in my head tell me a 65 yr old man (FBI/lawyer) surely did't pre-plan a murder with his daughter and like you said I think they would have come up with a much better plan. So if we continue with the thought TM didn't depart Knoxville with a death plan, the question is...what exact thing happened that brought TM downstairs? I don't think MC and TM sat around dining table and concocted a plan in the early morning hours. I think in fact some noise or bump or scream heard downstairs brought TM down the steps. From that point in my mind MC could have already beaten JC with something (paver or bat). I think it possible a battle did ensue. How/when/where/whom from that point is where I will remain majorly baffled. I still think that would require a manslaughter charge from the state maybe. Yes, I know the evidence indicates overkill and I hate that as much as most of you. But I could understand a huge battle downstairs that night. I haven't been in courtroom hearing evidence but don't think I could convict TM of murder 2. I think I could convict of MS if for no other reason of waiting so long to call LE but I place more blame on MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member