GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a very good reason these tapes were not entered as evidence. It makes no sense otherwise. If they could be validated...if they are a bombshell..why show a TV audience and not the jury?

Do her supporters have an answer for that?

I have a feeling these are the video musings of a very sick fantasist. Similar to her FB postings

Omg. I sincerely hope she said the first line. If it's the second, she is a far worse human being than I ever suspected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm trying to find the article where she also stated that the abuse in the bedroom happened often, the only difference was that this time her parents were there.

I think it wassaid about the same time. I'm going with "let HIM kill me."

Why wasn't this secret video entered into evidence?

They should threaten to sue FAKE NEWS ABC. They are slandering a dead man with her phony "evidence" that she never presented at trial,
Appalling. They cut a photo of Jason with one of the children and used that image, most unflattering, in all their coverage to date.. It is an appalling disgrace of a news outlet.. fake news is too good a name for them.gutter media is more accurate

She said: "She made everything difficult from the start, she didn't just murder them she caused a lot of hurt.
"After his death she even sent the bill for Jason's ambulance from the night he died to his parents."

Wayne added: "I remember when my sister Tracy, her husband David and a few friends went to North Carolina after Jason's death and Molly had his body moved to different funeral homes a few times.
"She wouldn't tell them where he was at first."
http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...made-life-for-them-after-murder-36018645.html

Ms Martens Corbett, sobbing, turned to her family in the public gallery and said: "I'm really sorry Mom - I wish he'd just killed me

“I did not murder my husband. My father did not murder my husband. The incidents of August 2nd happened as they happened on a somewhat regular basis. The only difference is my father was there.”
“I will speak for Jack,” Mr Martin said.
Son’s statement

“My father’s death has been life-changing for me,” the letter read. “My dad was always there for me, always cheering me on in sports, in school and everyday life... He won’t be there for me if I marry or have kids. He’ll miss everything. He won’t see me grow from a child to a teenager. “I can never go to movies or pass a pass [when playing rugby] without feeling bad because that’s what me and my dad did. We are now seen as the family of the Irish man who was killed in his home… by a murderer named Molly Martens,” the letter continued.
“One thing she is not and never will be is part of the Corbett family.

“My dad will not be forgotten,” the letter concluded. “Molly Martens will also never be forgotten. She will be known as the woman who murdered her husband for no reason.”

The prosecutor struggled to maintain control of his emotions as he read the statement.

He was similarly emotional when he addressed the judge prior to sentencing earlier.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.iri...ns-and-father-found-guilty-1.3181531?mode=amp

That last minute introduction of the psych report was so telling. I believe the Martens have been trying to hide and cover up her illness...to her severe detriment for years. Only at the last minute, when desparate, do they admit it!

Maginn's book paints a very sad and sympathetic picture of a young woman who desperately needs hands-on help. But where are her parents? Why is it left to the boyfriend-of-the-month...that TM says he didn't even know...to get her that help?

Maginn says they had no money for tickets, but someone bought her a ticket. And her mother only came twice in 4 years and TM never came. Where is their love, protection, and parental concern for their girl who has been so chaotically sick?

I just cannot fathom it.

But when she comes home as an executive's wife...and he's willing to give them $65,000 for a fancy wddding, and buy her a beautiful home, then MM can be part of their lives again. When she had two healthy children, suitable to be their grandchildren, then MM is acceptable as a daughter.

This was probably the first interval in her life when MM was deemed worthy of being TM's daughter. What a burden on a woman struggling with an illness she can't control and must hide, hide, hide.

She can't admit she's taking the medication that keeps her steady. She can't even defend herself with her psychiatric history. No, instead invent a malicious fiction of DV and smear the man you murdered. Another man who tried so hard to help you.

This is the most pathetic example of family arrogance and ignorance. The arrogant Martens inability to cope with a less than perfect daughter and.... years ago, stand by her and get her the intensive help she needs, has created this tragedy and now destroyed their own family.

Only at the last moment..."oh, did we mention she needs psychiatric help?"

Yes indeed “those who pay the piper" have an awful lot to answer for, and now they pay the price.

Those who paid the airfare and some money and allowed her with extremely serious psychiatric condition into a home with two babies and a grieving father without a thought in the world to the effect it could have on an innocent party are callous people.

And not only do they bite the hand but kill the hand that did so much to put her back on the rails and for the masterminds it’s without a shred of appreciation rather its resentment and antagonism.

They now pay the full price for their continued myopia that led into the abyss for the all American family that are now murders and a family directly associated with murders.

Wayne Corbett said recalled how he first heard the news of his brother's death, when he received a phone call from Thomas Martens' wife, Sharon.
He said she told him that Jason and Molly had had an argument and that "Molly pushed Jason and Jason was dead".
Mr Corbett said he had last seen his brother in North Carolina just days before the murder occurred.
When asked what he thought was Molly Martens’ motivation in murdering her husband, he said: "You’d have to ask her what motivated her. She brutally murdered my twin brother, they left Jack and Sarah without their father, and they had already lost Mags tragically in 2006".

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.rte.ie/amp/896446/

Lies from the start all the signs of guilt

Why wasn't this secret video entered into evidence?

They should threaten to sue FAKE NEWS ABC. They are slandering a dead man with her phony "evidence" that she never presented at trial,

Mary can you remember, was it ABC who televised the recorded 'phone message' from Jack?? We've seen this before...it was fake then how can we believe this recording would be any different. I'm reminded of the fable 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf'.

Omg. I sincerely hope she said the first line. If it's the second, she is a far worse human being than I ever suspected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Media are reporting it as, including today's Irish Daily Mail as the following

I'm really sorry Mom, I wish he'd (referring to Jason) have killed me

Alex Rose originally tweeted that all he heard was "I'm really sorry Mom" then Ben for the Dispatch tweeted "I'm really sorry Mom, I wish they'd just kill me" which Alex then transcribed. Alex Rose later tweeted that after speaking to a number of reporters what was actually said was what I put in the quote box above. He said it was difficult to hear it at the time amongst all the noise & tears.

The fact that the Martens family wasted no time in trying to obtain JC's belongings from his office, which included the children's passports. Is it unusual to keep such documents in your workplace? How did she know that the passports were not at home? I believe JC had told MM of his intentions to return to Ireland with out her, she immediately swung into action setting up situations that she could record in order to get custody of the children and this is the real reason why TM and SM cancelled their plans to attend a dinner party and take that 4+ hour journey.

I found it so touching to read comments from Mrs. Fitzpatrick, the children's maternal grandmother, of how he flew her out to see how the children were settling in their new home in NC and how he used to visit her when they were home in Ireland. It is clear he wanted to keep Mag's memory alive for his children.

I wonder if she hadn't realised the passports were in his office, if she had been expecting to find them in their usual place in the home. Maybe her plan was to leave with the kids BEFORE Jason could leave with them, but when she went looking for the passports that night all she could find was Jason's (hence it was lying on his bedside locker) It must have made her see red, that her plan had been foiled....there was an awful lot of anger in those blows. Something triggered it...

Mary can you remember, was it ABC who televised the recorded 'phone message' from Jack?? We've seen this before...it was fake then how can we believe this recording would be any different. I'm reminded of the fable 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf'.
I'm wondering were the Corbetts given the chance to speak too. I can't imagine they would because they have class and respect for J&S something the martens lack but hope they even got a chance to contradict the slander.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the introduction of the motion under seal requesting psychiatric help for Molly will be mandated now as it's part of her sentence? As in, if she is obliged to undergo treatment, if her physician felt that she was not emotionally stable enough to go through an appeal process could he deny her the right to proceed?

I'm wondering were the Corbetts given the chance to speak too. I can't imagine they would because they have class and respect for J&S something the martens lack but hope they even got a chance to contradict the slander.

I'm wondering if this is why the Corbett's had requested no filming in the courtroom. The Marten's obviously had all the intentions of becoming the next Steven Avery/Brendan Dassey. By not allowing filming in court it makes the production of something similar far more difficult. IMO

Does anyone know if the introduction of the motion under seal requesting psychiatric help for Molly will be mandated now as it's part of her sentence? As in, if she is obliged to undergo treatment, if her physician felt that she was not emotionally stable enough to go through an appeal process could he deny her the right to proceed?
I thought it was an attempt by the defence to either get her a lighter sentence, or alternatively a stay in a luxury long term facility as opposed to a prison..
My skin is literally crawling reading posts here today. I want them gone forever-25 yrs now.. I dont want to hear from the creeps again..
She refused to take the stand.. then she took it prior to sentencing and used it to batter her dead victim further.
I would love to know what the jury thought when they witnessed her in action.. I had a feeling she would throw a wobbly at some point. I dont want to be entertaining her psychotic fantasies any longer. I dont want families hurt more, I dont want her macabre fantasies to be televised by gutter media any more.. <modsnip>

I don't think I have seen JC son's full statement on here with any links and I cannot provide you with a link to this but it is transcribed in full in today's Irish Daily Mail. The following is his statement in full and it is heartbreaking.

So, so brave.

I don't think I have seen JC son's full statement on here with any links and I cannot provide you with a link to this but it is transcribed in full in today's Irish Daily Mail. The following is his statement in full and it is heartbreaking.

More tears.
The Corbetts could easily have included a letter from S, the younger child too, but they refrained.
Shows the amazing dignity with which they conducted themselves..
http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-degree-murder-of-jason-corbett-36014636.html
The nightmare of chasing his body around from mortuary to mortuary as she moved him following his murder.. that alone fills with horror.

Good morning!

mod note: Please try to use initials for the children, family and friends of the victim and the perpetrators of this crime to protect their anonymity. Let us respect their privacy as so much has been taken from them. Also, remember to include a link for quotes or information coming from a spokesperson or anyone who has spoken to the media.

:tyou:

I mentioned a few weeks ago that entrapment was likely with mm. More hurt for the kids, when will it end

Totally agree with you Be true.
The master manipulators still at work. (MM/TM)
What did she use to record her innate meanderings on. A tape deck. A dictaphone, her own phone? I am guessing that the date can not be verified for these recordings, otherwise they would most definitely have been entered into evidence for the defence. I think she has fully taken on this character she invented for herself and believes her own made up story. She has lost touch with reality. How anyone can do this to those children is really really beyond me.

Good morning!

mod note: Please try to use initials for the children, family and friends of the victim and the perpetrators of this crime to protect their anonymity. Let us respect their privacy as so much has been taken from them. Also, remember to include a link for quotes or information coming from a spokesperson or anyone who has spoken to the media.

:tyou:

Sorry I'm a disaster!

I'm very glad justice was done and well done to the jury for going with the evidence and not tall tales from the defendants.

Hopefully now Jason can RIP and his family can have some kind of closure to get on with their lives without worrying what that awful family are going to put them through next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl