GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking to EVOKE.ie previously Molly Martens lawyer David Freedman said Molly had been on ‘antidepressants’ when she was very young but had ‘not been on medications for years and years.’

http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/mood-drugs-caused-jason-corbett-to-fly-into-rage-lawyers-claim

Molly Martens claims she has not been prescribed drugs for bipolar or depression in 'over eight years' according to court documents.*

In a transcript of her testimony during a guardianship hearing on August 14th last year, the 32-year old told the court that she was diagnosed as bipolar at the age of 15.*

Her testimony was given in response to evidence from her sister-in-law Tracey Lynch, who claimed that Ms Martens had left 'her lithium out on a shelf' in the bathroom while staying in Ms Lynch's home. The claims were made in court while both parties battled for custody of Mr Corbett's two young children.

While being examined under oath, Molly's attorney Kelley Gondring asked her what happened after she was diagnosed as bipolar. In reply she said "I underwent therapy and a psychiatrist for medications".

Mr Gondring then asked: "and today, what, if any, medications do you take for being bipolar?"

Ms Martens replied: "I don't"

Q - When is the last time you saw anyone about being bipolar?

A - The last time I saw anyone for bipolar depression was around age 17. And probably the last time I say anyone for depression was eight or nine years ago.

Q - Why haven't you seen anybody for bipolar since you were 17?

A - I feel that I probably wasn't bipolar. I was given anti-depressants and they reacted physiologically with my body. So later on the diagnosis changed to depression.

Q - Okay, when have you been prescribed lithium?

A - Not for over..... It's been over eight years since I have been prescribed anything.

Q - When, if ever, would you have had a box of lithium?

A - I have never had a box of lithium

Frisby post Jason Corbett Thread#3 page 24 24/4/16

This makes me ask what's with the sealed psychiatric report. So no mental illness last 2 years but now she needs psychiatric report. And to think if she had of walked, and went on to persue the children again this psychiatric report would never have surfaced. No matter what's in it, it points to her having some unstableness surely ?

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

She lied to the court. She was older than 17 when she lived with author KM and was taking multiple medications and hospitalized for treatment for bipolar.

JC's first wife died before MM ever moved to Ireland. She answered an ad after the wife's death.for the au pair job.

There was nothing suspicious at all about the first wife's death.

MM had just been released from a Mental hospital for treatment of her bipolar disease when she flew to Ireland to take the job.

thank you!

I wish one of our lawyers would comment on this. But I wonder if this... easily disproved lie...is the reason her lawyers could not put her on the stand.

Not sure. But I've wondered if those lies at the custody hearing didn't come back to bite her in the criminal trial?

Oh my...and wait till the civil trial. She will freak out.

I wish one of our lawyers would comment on this. But I wonder if this... easily disproved lie...is the reason her lawyers could not put her on the stand.

Not sure. But I've wondered if those lies at the custody hearing didn't come back to bite her in the criminal trial?

Oh my...and wait till the civil trial. She will freak out.

Will she be permitted to attend?

‘My DAD’S death has been life changing for me and my family. My dad was there for me in every aspect in my life. My dad was always cheering me on in sport, school and just regular life. I don’t have that from him anymore.’‘I always hoped that after that night that he would see me score a try in rugby, or score a goal, or just see me succeed in life. He can’t see that anymore.’‘He won’t be there for me if I get married or have kids. He won’t be there for me or help me when I’m down or had a rough day. He will miss everything I do in life, the good and the bad and he won’t be there to give advice.’

‘I will never be able to give him a hug or give him a present or a Father’s Day card. He won’t see me grow from a kid to a teenager and in to my adult life.’
‘It changed my way of thinking in life. I can never go to the movies and pass a ball without feeling bad because that’s what me and my dad did.’

I just want to make my dad and family proud. I don’t know if I should call David dad because I don’t want my dad to be offended or feel like he was replaced.’

‘This has affected my sister a lot as well. She knows her daddy won’t be there to walk her down the aisle. She will never have a father-daughter dance and Sarah and my dad had been planning for ages.’
‘My sister, Tracey, David, Dean, Adam, our family and I are not seen as we were before my dad was killed. We are seen as the family of the Irish man named Jason Corbett who was murdered by Molly Martens in his home in North Carolina, trying to make a new start, a new life for himself and his family.’‘That was taken away from him by a murderer named Molly Martens, who is so many bad things. One of the things that she is not a part of and never will be is the Corbett family. She has put this burden on our family and it won’t be lifted till she is put away, that is where she belongs.’
‘My dad will not be forgotten. He will be remembered by his good life, how he made everyone feel good about themselves, how he was there for you if you needed him, how he always focused on the positives. How he was the best dad ever and the best friend, sister, son ever, too.’
‘Molly Martens will not be forgotten as well. She will always be remembered as the woman who killed her husband for no reason.’
‘She will be remembered as a murderer,’ the teenager said.
http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/jason-corbetts-son-shares-statement

‘My DAD’S death has been life changing for me and my family. My dad was there for me in every aspect in my life. My dad was always cheering me on in sport, school and just regular life. I don’t have that from him anymore.’‘I always hoped that after that night that he would see me score a try in rugby, or score a goal, or just see me succeed in life. He can’t see that anymore.’‘He won’t be there for me if I get married or have kids. He won’t be there for me or help me when I’m down or had a rough day. He will miss everything I do in life, the good and the bad and he won’t be there to give advice.’

‘I will never be able to give him a hug or give him a present or a Father’s Day card. He won’t see me grow from a kid to a teenager and in to my adult life.’
‘It changed my way of thinking in life. I can never go to the movies and pass a ball without feeling bad because that’s what me and my dad did.’

I just want to make my dad and family proud. I don’t know if I should call David dad because I don’t want my dad to be offended or feel like he was replaced.’

‘This has affected my sister a lot as well. She knows her daddy won’t be there to walk her down the aisle. She will never have a father-daughter dance and Sarah and my dad had been planning for ages.’
‘My sister, Tracey, David, Dean, Adam, our family and I are not seen as we were before my dad was killed. We are seen as the family of the Irish man named Jason Corbett who was murdered by Molly Martens in his home in North Carolina, trying to make a new start, a new life for himself and his family.’‘That was taken away from him by a murderer named Molly Martens, who is so many bad things. One of the things that she is not a part of and never will be is the Corbett family. She has put this burden on our family and it won’t be lifted till she is put away, that is where she belongs.’
‘My dad will not be forgotten. He will be remembered by his good life, how he made everyone feel good about themselves, how he was there for you if you needed him, how he always focused on the positives. How he was the best dad ever and the best friend, sister, son ever, too.’
‘Molly Martens will not be forgotten as well. She will always be remembered as the woman who killed her husband for no reason.’
‘She will be remembered as a murderer,’ the teenager said.
http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/jason-corbetts-son-shares-statement

I think in the end this brave brave boy secured justice for his dad, those 20 to 25 years a reflection of his loss. How amazing is he.[emoji174]

Jason worked “his way from the bottom up” in Multi-Packaging Solutions for about 15 years in Limerick, before transferring to its plant in Lexington in North Carolina – and served as a popular colleague in both plants.
A plaque erected outside the plant on the second anniversary of his death last week was draped with an Irish flag. It was etched with the words: 'Conas ata tu?', a nod to Jason's love of Irish, which he tried to impart to his US colleagues.
“He believed in people and believed in supporting people,” said his sister Tracey Lynch, now guardian to his two children, alongside her husband David.
“He was a great leader. He was inspiring. He really took time with people and empathised with people’s personal experiences. I suppose his own losses in life really gave him a better understanding of human nature.”

Fr Noel Kirwan, of St John’s parish, who recently presided over the First Holy Communion of Mr Corbett’s daughter Sarah, said their supporters “would carry them in their hearts” at this difficult time.
“We know their hearts are being ripped through. We know this has been painful for them. We know that this has brought darkness upon them, and that they have cried out to God, asking ‘Will this ever end?’
“We pray that this storm will pass.”

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/264496/the-real-jason-corbett-a-true-limerickman.html

In the barometer of success in life, everything was measured by achievement. Described as ‘pillars of society’ by those who knew them, the Martens aspired to a life of prestige and affluence, complete with children who fitted perfectly into that very same mould.
The only problem was that Molly didn’t quite fit. And when she failed to live up to expectations, her parents were going to make sure nobody knew why.
‘To her credit, Molly told me early on in the relationship that she is bipolar,’ Keith said.
‘Once her depression took over, things were stressful,’ he says. ‘Heartbreaking, actually. I never knew what mood Molly would be in when I got home from work. I walked on eggshells much of the time, trying my best to keep things stable. But things were usually tense.

Against this turbulent background, Molly’s relationship with her parents, Thomas and Sharon, became tense, according to Keith. After years spent trying to deal with Molly’s many problems, he says they too had become ‘exasperated’ by her behaviour.
‘Her parents were very much aware of her mental health issues,’ he says. ‘They are well aware of the many doctors, the medications she was taking. They knew about it all. They did try to help. They lived relatively close and they would come over. I don’t know how much they actually helped but they tried to. I felt that they were at times overwhelmed and frustrated about the whole thing.’
Molly had led neighbours in the area to believe that she was their biological mother, even describing her pregnancy with Sarah to one. To add further strain to the marriage, Jason was deeply unhappy in the United States.

http://extra.ie/news/world-news/who-was-molly-martens

Comment was not for you at all. You never did pretend.
Do you think decision on appeal will be that soon? Surely not?
I hope not, I am allergic to them now, glad they are locked up and the world a tad safer..

Gary Frank said that on the Ireland radio program that's linked upstream. He said 90 days before an appeal would work its way through the regular appeals process. I don't know if that includes the appeals filed yesterday for TM and MM, but beyond that I don't know what the appellate court options are. I presume the defense lawyers are looking for a new trial, but it's hard to say. The Jury foreman made a pretty strong case for evaluating JC's death as malice murder beyond the self defense claim; and it didn't take them very long to come back with the verdict, so there's that. They could adjust the sentence I suppose, but I think Ireland can feel secure with the Justice served. And I would think at least a partial distribution of JC estate could be made, bringing some relief to the kids. IMO

Would not be surprised if the Martens/Earnests try to twist these words in some way. Despite their 'love' for the boy they keep insisting is part of their family and no other.

In Ireland, we have an excellent literacy rate. A wealth of home grown talent in literature. An excellent education system; even with the religious rhetoric creeping into every subject, Ireland still has one of the better education systems in Europe. An argument could be made that it's too well written for a child of his age - if he was still under 10 years old.

It's more likely those words are actually his, from the heart.

Shocking, so now little SC is the one who started the course of events. Strange that she found her voice to speak on camera but lost it totally when she had the chance to defend herself in a court of law. Wonder when these were recorded?

Edit - And an awful lot of looking to the left which is sign on lying or constructing facts.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...qX9azGAWYKsAx2myHcZdeOTsiFF--nSR20e3jugXB1XL1

first pictures of MM and TM on the night of the murder. Will much of this information come out now? Is this common that these would be released?
NOW who the heck keeps a brick like that on a beside ?
That is a two hand weapon imo. Not one you grab with one hand stretched out off a bedside table while someone alledgedly has there hand over your mouth and is choking you as she just said in the 20/20 trailer

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...qX9azGAWYKsAx2myHcZdeOTsiFF--nSR20e3jugXB1XL1

first pictures of MM and TM on the night of the murder. Will much of this information come out now? Is this common that these would be released?

I must be completely deluded to think it was over at the sentencing.
These photos, ABC article and most of what I read today feel like an assault on my brain..I had heard descriptions of the rock used, seeing it is disturbing.. so much larger than it was presented.

The murder was overkill, post verdict defense publicity is nauseating

NOW who the heck keeps a brick like that on a beside ?
That is a two hand weapon imo. Not one you grab with one hand stretched out off a bedside table while someone alledgedly has there hand over your mouth and is choking you as she just said in the 20/20 trailer

Does anyone know the dimensions of the brick? It looks nothing like I expected.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the brick? It looks nothing like I expected.
No idea but it's not the small landscape brick for bedding planters that I thought it was. No wonder the injuries were so severe. It's uneven edges would make for a sharp weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member